As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Agents of SHIELD] S4E16 - What if... this thread reached 100 pages?

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I've never been one of those people who gets to the "love to hate" stage with villains. I just hate them. If Ward dies then yeah we won't get any more of Brett Dalton's (much improved) acting, but i'll be happy because hooray Ward is finally dead he can't torment the characters I actually like anymore.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    I am also hoping there isn't any possession of our main characters, but I can definitely see it happening. I've already been turned around to the idea that Will is actually the imprisoned inhuman.

I'm sure we'll have a shocking mid-season cliffhanger too. It'll be the first time during this series I get to experience it; I watched S2 on Netflix, so I got to see what happened after Tripp got petrified and Daisy got inhuman'd almost immediately.

They've been saying it's one of the biggest shocking things so I'm pretty excited. Maybe it's Black Bolt! (It's not Black Bolt)

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Much as I love Ward, if someone shoots him at any point it's not going to feel unearned.

Skye shot him! Like four times!

And we loved it.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Bobble wrote: »
    Much as I love Ward, if someone shoots him at any point it's not going to feel unearned.

And we loved it.

Hunter shot him too. hopefully everyone on the team will get the chance to shoot Ward at some point.

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

And we loved it.

Hunter shot him too. hopefully everyone on the team will get the change to shoot Ward at some point.

Ward should eventually be like Brett from Archer.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    I think it's a combo of the above
    Ward kills Astronaut Mike Dexter (because he doesn't give a fuck about Hydra lore), Coulson kills Ward, the creature goes into Ward

I agree that
    the creature should take Ward. With killing Rosalin and the reveal of the truth to his childhood, his arc has ended, and there's not much more to his character, imo. So long as he stays the same old Ward in personality, possession gives new motivations (and thus a reason to remain on the show).

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    I am also hoping there isn't any possession of our main characters, but I can definitely see it happening. I've already been turned around to the idea that Will is actually the imprisoned inhuman.

I'm sure we'll have a shocking mid-season cliffhanger too. It'll be the first time during this series I get to experience it; I watched S2 on Netflix, so I got to see what happened after Tripp got petrified and Daisy got inhuman'd almost immediately.

They've been saying it's one of the biggest shocking things so I'm pretty excited. Maybe it's Black Bolt! (It's not Black Bolt)

Mac is secretly Hydra.

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited December 2015

And we loved it.

Hunter shot him too. hopefully everyone on the team will get the change to shoot Ward at some point.

"Is this how we get Antmen, Grant?"

"Yes it is, other Grant... yes, it is..."

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »

And we loved it.

"Is this how we get Antmen, Grant?"

"Yes it is, other Grant... yes, it is..."

Hydra does have the Pym particles now...

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    What might be fun, if Dalton can pull it off, is for the creature to possess Ward, only Ward is too much of a stubborn asshole to be completely taken over. So we get Ward psychologically wrestling with the immortal demon in his head, who probably has different goals and motivations.

It'd be tricky to do successfully, but could be awesome if Dalton is up for it. And it would be a new place to take his character.

I also wouldn't mind if Ward was "killed" in a way that lets him come back down the road. Just for the inevitable "fuck yeah, Ward is back!" moment.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    What might be fun, if Dalton can pull it off, is for the creature to possess Ward, only Ward is too much of a stubborn asshole to be completely taken over. So we get Ward psychologically wrestling with the immortal demon in his head, who probably has different goals and motivations.

It'd be tricky to do successfully, but could be awesome if Dalton is up for it. And it would be a new place to take his character.

I also wouldn't mind if Ward was "killed" in a way that lets him come back down the road. Just for the inevitable "fuck yeah, Ward is back!" moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECoYRvCMgr0

Replace "ship" with "Hydra".

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Have we considered the idea that the creature is actually good, and keeps murdering the people sent to the planet because they are Hydra and fucking evil?

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Possible, but then it (maybe possibly) went after Simmons? It did a pretty piss poor job of it, so suppose that supports the it's just misunderstood.

Edit: It would also support the Curse by the fact it didn't kill Will because Will isn't an evil bastard for reals! You really may be onto something. But then we need a Big Bad for next season...

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    edit

That's a damn good point

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    If it was good, it might have gone after Simmons assuming that she was evil, just like other 10,000 years worth of other dudes who got crammed through the wormhole. That would be a pretty cool development.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    If it was good, it might have gone after Simmons assuming that she was evil, just like other 10,000 years worth of other dudes who got crammed through the wormhole. That would be a pretty cool development.

Proof that Simmons is a genocidal maniac, just like the Synopsis guy has been trying to tell us.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

It would be hilarious if Hydra was founded to rescue the Inhuman Buddha, and the mission statement had gotten seriously corroded in the centuries since.

• Options
    Well, I guess in the comics, HYDRA wasn't evil as shit at its inception

It just happened to end up going that way?

Question mark?

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Making the big monstrous evil thing just misunderstood seems a little last season, though.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Making the big monstrous evil thing just misunderstood seems a little last season, though.

The thing on the alien planet is just The Lonely Astronaut!

https://youtu.be/vQQLgkeuuu4

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Keeping in the theme that Inhumans aren't monsters, though.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

It would be hilarious if Hydra was founded to rescue the Inhuman Buddha, and the mission statement had gotten seriously corroded in the centuries since.

CGuFejMW8AA5WEL.jpg:large

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    All of Marvel's non-Loki good villains are on TV it seems

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Blonsky and Admiral Ross weren't bad. They actually gave Blonsky some character development and he had understandable motivations.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
  • Options
    There's another episode? I thought last week's was the mid-season break.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Nope, that's todays episode.

• Options
    Well, hot damn!

kyrcl.png
  • Options
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    New episode
    Will is surprisingly ruthless.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Great dialog this episode.
    I'll be damned. Tatooine.

May, you take the Power Rangers and go find Fitz and Simmons.

Joey: "I don't want anyone reading my mind."
    Lincoln: "You mean how you're not a hero, how you'd rather be anywhere but here? We're all feeling that."
    May: "I'm not."
    Daisy: "OK, everyone but May."

Joey: "I might be able to reinforce these doors, using my, uh, my um..."
    Bobbi: "Amazing new super powers."
    Joey: "Yeah, that."

jdarksun on
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Cururu wrote: »
    New episode
    Will is surprisingly ruthless.
    Guess my prediction explains that ruthlessness...

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Also a fan of
    ...and Fitz is bleeding.
    *pistol whip*
    So are you.

• Options
    Well then,
    That certainly explains the ruthlessness.

Any ideas on what those ruins might be of, or are they generic sci-fi ruins?

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Also a fan of
    ...and Fitz is bleeding.
    *pistol whip*
    So are you.
    Ward can't go one finalie without getting shot, it seems. It's happened so much it just seems to mildly irritate him now.

Edit: That, however, looked like it would bother him. So crunchy.

Cururu on
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Did
    Coulson just kill Ward?

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Those in here predicted that Ward becomes the new host for the Hydra god, get ready to give yourselves a gold star

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Damn Phil..

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
This discussion has been closed.