As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Agents of SHIELD] S4E16 - What if... this thread reached 100 pages?

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Well, dang.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Well that was all pretty expected.

Episode felt kinda rushed.

Now to wait 3 months.

RT800 on
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Did
    Coulson just kill Ward?
    Looks that way, but, knowing Ward, he'll probably just walk it off.

:rotate:

Cururu on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I guess that turned out the way people predicted.

Very last scene:
    What did the guy say to Powers Boothe? The show came back on, one of his cronies was in the middle of saying something, and *bam*, local weatherman busts in with a promo for the news. Next thing I see is the car stopping and him looking at Shell of Ward.

And how'd he get back off the planet anyway?

edit: I knew there was something off
    with Will as soon as he said "Hydra? That's a name I haven't heard in a very long time." But then I second guessed myself and thought Will was normal.

SteevL on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Very last scene:
    What did the guy say to Powers Boothe? The show came back on, one of his cronies was in the middle of saying something, and *bam*, local weatherman busts in with a promo for the news. Next thing I see is the car stopping and him looking at Shell of Ward.

Answers:
    Sir, your private plane is ready. We'll be at the airport in a half hour.

Unexplained.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Very last scene:

Answers:
    Sir, your private plane is ready. We'll be at the airport in a half hour.

Unexplained.
    Since we never saw Phil and Fitz coming through the portal or the portal closing right afterwards, I am going to assume that the InWardan came through while they went to go escape in the Shield containment capsule.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    apologetic gay inhuman is luls

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

I do like that he did what people were expecting would happen and the outcome was unexpected!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

I do like that he did what people were expecting would happen and the outcome was unexpected!

he was so psyched...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    So do we know when Marvel's Most Wanted is filming/airing?

EDIT: Diddo on Damage Control

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Okay, that was suitably epic as fuck.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Ok now Will.

Will was refrigerated.

/drops mic

sorry

(not sorry)

Loved the episode. So glad that
    they did not kill off Joey, as some predicted. I didn't think they would, but then I got nervous. When he said "I'm bulletproof!" I got very worried. Comments like that typically do not lead anywhere good.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    They should have had the telekinetic Inhuman Force choke someone.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Hardcore, Coulson. Hardcore.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

Very last scene:

with Will as soon as he said "Hydra? That's a name I haven't heard in a very long time." But then I second guessed myself and thought Will was normal.

I thought he was referring to Hydra and the Nazi's from WW2.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options

Very last scene:

I thought he was referring to Hydra and the Nazi's from WW2.

Me too.
    But clearly he was referring to the Hydra of old.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Ok now Will.

Will was refrigerated.

/drops mic

sorry

(not sorry)
    Will wasn't fridged.

He was ovened.

:wink:

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    so, any ideas on who
    this ancient Hydra progenitor Inhuman is?

he doesn't seem all that powerful so far, but as Simmons said, he (it?) seems to have fallen from a state of greater power

possibly generated sandstorms, possibly just dramatic coincidence? definitely possession and resilience, not much strength or speed. if it can level/command civilizations, is it possible that this wormlike thing we saw emerging from the body is just one of potentially many? could it be like those gross worm dudes from early Star Trek TNG?

this was what i was thinking when it was talking about "they had the chance to be part of something beautiful"; it sounds like maybe the possession spread far and it was in control of a great deal of the world, and then the remaining survivors nuked the whole shebang to get rid of Mr. Hydra?

there's the talk about how it could drive people crazy, how it can smell blood, and the fact that Will's companions went nuts and attacked him - were they possessed? is there a telepathic element?

it's all very vague for now but i'm interested.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    so, any ideas on who

he doesn't seem all that powerful so far, but as Simmons said, he (it?) seems to have fallen from a state of greater power

possibly generated sandstorms, possibly just dramatic coincidence? definitely possession and resilience, not much strength or speed. if it can level/command civilizations, is it possible that this wormlike thing we saw emerging from the body is just one of potentially many? could it be like those gross worm dudes from early Star Trek TNG?

this was what i was thinking when it was talking about "they had the chance to be part of something beautiful"; it sounds like maybe the possession spread far and it was in control of a great deal of the world, and then the remaining survivors nuked the whole shebang to get rid of Mr. Hydra?

there's the talk about how it could drive people crazy, how it can smell blood, and the fact that Will's companions went nuts and attacked him - were they possessed? is there a telepathic element?

None of that really fits any known Inhuman.

Best guess currently is that he's the Unspoken, since the Unspoken in the comics is crazy powerful (can do basically whatever he wants), was king of the Inhumans at one point, and was basically banished from record and memory, in addition to being banished from Atillan, so he no longer associates with the Royal Family on the regular.

It basically allows the show to have its cake (big important Royal Family inhuman) and eat it too (who just so happens to no longer be tied into the Royal Family's i.e. Inhumans movies' current plot.)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Actually, wait
    The Capo is an inhuman that can possess others. In 616 he runs the inhuman corporation called Ennilux

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I found no surprises in this episode, but that's basically because people in here covered just about every possible combination of plot twists, so I ain't gonna hold it against the show. What it lacked in shock factor it made up for in solid execution and really fun dialogue.
    I really hope that NotWard keeps some of Ward's personality. Or becomes awesome in its own right. I'm sad about losing Ward as a character, but optimistic that they'll do something fun with him.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    So...
    they keep building up this entity as some sort of super-badass. Death incarnate, most powerful of the Inhumans, God of Hydra, blah blah blah. It's already leveled at least one (presumably more advanced) civilization.

How are they supposed to not involve the Avengers in somethin' like that?

RT800 on
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    So...
    they keep building up this entity as some sort of super-badass. Death incarnate, most powerful of the Inhumans, God of Hydra, blah blah blah. It's already leveled at least one (presumably more advanced) civilization.

If it can
    possess people then bringing in the most powerful heroes in the world would be a bad idea.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    So...

If it can
    possess people then bringing in the most powerful heroes in the world would be a bad idea.
    On the other hand, it makes calling in Tony Stark a very good idea. He could have a house party!

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Actually, wait
    The Capo is an inhuman that can possess others. In 616 he runs the inhuman corporation called Ennilux
    He can't just possess anyone at will either, if I remember correctly. He also gains control of any powers they had, so seems like a logical choice.

It also gives them a villain inhuman they can easily transfer over to the movies, while getting a new actor.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    so, any ideas on who

I missed the worm thing, because eyes. That makes me a bit happier as I was sitting there wondering how how it could menace a civilization yet not kill a single injured nerd.

I really like the idea that it's some kind of parasitic colony thing, because it seems like an ideal enemy for a show about spies, and a nice way to reinject some paranoia into the proceedings.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I found no surprises in this episode, but that's basically because people in here covered just about every possible combination of plot twists, so I ain't gonna hold it against the show. What it lacked in shock factor it made up for in solid execution and really fun dialogue.
    I really hope that NotWard keeps some of Ward's personality. Or becomes awesome in its own right. I'm sad about losing Ward as a character, but optimistic that they'll do something fun with him.
    Honestly, this is an example of Agents of SHIELD just being better than most shows. There is almost never a wacky series of convenient hijinks that allows the bad guy to get away so he can keep being the big bad. AoS has consistently given audiences resolution of plotlines while also keeping the tension running and bringing in new things that just fit. Not killing Ward would have been bad writing because Coulson went all that way to do just that. That's what other shows do. AoS is the kind of show where your main character mercilessly crushes a man's chest cavity while watching the life drain from his eyes.

In fact, that opens a whole new conflict in the story because Fitz saw something in Coulson I'm guessing he's having trouble processing.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    It was interesting that
    zombie-Ward brought Coulson's hand with him. He also knew how to find Boothe. Makes me think there must me something of the old Ward still left in there.

Maybe the entity's just able to rifle through his memories, but him holding onto that hand seemed personal.

RT800 on
  • Options
    It was interesting that
    zombie-ward held on to Coulson's hand. He also knew how to find Boothe. Makes me think there must me something of the old Ward still left in there.

Maybe the entity's just able to rifle through his memories or something. But him holding onto that hand seems personal.
    Zombie Will retained enough of Will's memories to remember Simmon's stories of Fitz well enough to recognize on sight.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    One theory people have about the Entity is that it may be the Hive.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I don't think Fitz saw something in Coulson so much as is dealing with having killed Simmons' lover. How can she ever know if he's telling the truth about Will being the thing, and he didn't just kill him to get him out of the way. Fitz be fucked, yo.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    I don't think Fitz saw something in Coulson so much as is dealing with having killed Simmons' lover. How can she ever know if he's telling the truth about Will being the thing, and he didn't just kill him to get him out of the way. Fitz be fucked, yo.

Hopefully they won't go down that path because
    Fitz has Coulson to back him up. Coulson shot "Will" as he was about to bring a rock down on Fitz's head.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I took that look as
    Neither of them got what they wanted from that mission, and feel no better for it.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    One theory people have about the Entity is that it may be the Hive.

That seems to fit very well.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Nah. Hes obviously going to be this guy:

char_1127.jpg

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Soo
    RIP the "Ward is Taskmaster" stuff, eh?

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    So uh, how'd
    Ward-God get back from the planet? Did he build the Hydra symbol or was that the civilization that used to be there? Presumably Coulson's hand gave it the ability to get back somehow, but I'm not sure how.

That was very good but I have so many questions

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    It did strike me as a touch odd that
    whatever it was had time to get from Crispy McNoLongerUseful to DeadWard, revive as him, and make it to the portal in time, given that Fitz was quite clear on the "MARINES, WE ARE LEAVING" aspect of time sensitivity and Coulson taking the time to leisurely finish off Ward.

Maybe that slug thing is fast and having a broken rib cage didn't slow down ZombieWard much, but from the timing on the show we're still talking like a minute or two tops, presumably less.

Didn't Daisy slump against Mac, possibly passing out? I wasn't under the impression she was sustaining the portal at the time.

But that's simply nitpicking, and didn't detract from my appreciation of what happened at all.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    That was pretty great.
    NotWard getting back to Earth was the only thing that made me raise an eyebrow, but I guess yeah it could be interpreted as Coulson and Fitz got out of the portal and the team booked it to the containment unit then NotWard got out a second before the portal closed.

I impulsively raised my hands up to cover the screen and went "oh god bleeech ew" when at the end Daisy and whatshisface went in to kiss. God, he is just the worst. How many times does he have to suggest killing people or destroying the portal equipment preemtively stranding her boss and one of her best friends on an alien world before she sees what a stupid turd he is. Bleeeeeegh.

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    So not a whole lot of surprises but really enjoyable nonetheless.
    So...RIP Grant Ward? It certainly looked like he was dead, but I could maybe see them revealing that the parasite brought him back or kept him alive, or that there's otherwise still at least some of the real Ward there, and have him basically reassert himself after the parasite is gone.

On the other hand, I've felt for a while that there's a good chance that Season 3 would be Ward's swan song, so I could see that being it for him and then Brett Dalton leaving the show after this season. For now I'm assuming Ward is dead. And I kind of hope there's not much of a time skip when we return because I think it would be a shame to miss seeing everyone's immediate reactions to find out about his death.

One nice surprise: Joey did not die. At first I thought he might actually take a bullet for Daisy, and then when got all excited about seemingly being bulletproof I was like "No don't say that you're going to suddenly get killed now!" So it's nice that that didn't happen.

This discussion has been closed.