As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bloodborne] "Behold! A Paleblood sky!"

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Btw, out of curiosity, whats with the Hintertomb Chalice? All the guides say to skip it. What's in there? Was it a patched thing?

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The final reward for the Lower Hintertomb Chalice was the Short Ritual Root Chalice, which is now available for 10 insight from the insight shop

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    that said, the boss of layer 2 lower hintertomb unlocks a unique armor set

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    The Sauce wrote: »
    Also is it just me or does this game have more bullshit in its bosses than Souls tended toward? A good number of them are plenty easy to read, but a few have such short tells on their attacks that you're hit before you can fire your gun or dodge out of the way (due to animation delay, not twitch failure -- even observed this a few times when random panic-dodging led to me starting the avoidance or firing the gun even before I could see the boss starting to attack, and they'd still land the hit). Ironically it seems to make this game much more of an RPG than Souls. I ran through DS2 with almost no VIT, but my level 100 Hunter is already rocking 30 points of it. And I'd have more if the gains didn't suddenly drop off so badly.

depends on your definition of bullshit. compared to DS2 these bosses have a nicer variety of mechanics which may or may not be OP (cainhurt boss comes to mind), where in DS2 too many bosses boil down to "look the mace is EVEN BIGGER this time!!"

the most frustrating thing to me with bloodborne bosses have been the faster ones which can just combo you to a pulp

• Options
    some of this gear isn't good but I had souls to burn and I wanted to see what Cainhurt set looks like.. turns out it looks awesome. I couldn't bring myself to reroll Skill... the +9 Boom Hammer + catching up on chalice content is proving too much fun

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Also is it just me or does this game have more bullshit in its bosses than Souls tended toward? A good number of them are plenty easy to read, but a few have such short tells on their attacks that you're hit before you can fire your gun or dodge out of the way (due to animation delay, not twitch failure -- even observed this a few times when random panic-dodging led to me starting the avoidance or firing the gun even before I could see the boss starting to attack, and they'd still land the hit). Ironically it seems to make this game much more of an RPG than Souls. I ran through DS2 with almost no VIT, but my level 100 Hunter is already rocking 30 points of it. And I'd have more if the gains didn't suddenly drop off so badly.

depends on your definition of bullshit. compared to DS2 these bosses have a nicer variety of mechanics which may or may not be OP (cainhurt boss comes to mind), where in DS2 too many bosses boil down to "look the mace is EVEN BIGGER this time!!"

the most frustrating thing to me with bloodborne bosses have been the faster ones which can just combo you to a pulp

You can usually escape mid combo. I don't think combo escape points are mash friendly. The ones I know about are very consistent if I wait and dodge precisely, but mashing is kind of a toss up whether it will let me escape.
    I'm guessing you can't buffer (ie queue up) the dodge to slip out as soon as its possible but have to input it within a specific time interval in between attacks for it to work. But it might be possible to queue and I'm just getting really unlucky or something.

There's one boss where if you get hit in their third form I have no idea if its possible to escape, its never worked when I tried. DLC boss.
    Maria. Her 3rd phase blood strikes have a fire attack in between her actual hits that seem to stun you in place and prevent you from escaping in between her strikes.

Also Ludwig has a sudden lunging snap combo I couldn't mash my way out of, dunno if its possible to precisely time it since I only ever saw it once.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular

You can usually escape mid combo. I don't think combo escape points are mash friendly. The ones I know about are very consistent if I wait and dodge precisely, but mashing is kind of a toss up whether it will let me escape.
    I'm guessing you can't buffer (ie queue up) the dodge to slip out as soon as its possible but have to input it within a specific window for it to work.

I can't dodge Paarl's swipes for the life of me. Its stopping me from completing the Lower Loran dungeon. But that's just me. The only cheap shot I see is Ebrietas's dash.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    quickstep input does seem to be gated in the fashion of even if you dont get it, you still have to wait for the next input as if you had gotten it

i do keep the hunter bone around, because I'm convinced it works there too and promotes mashing success

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Btw something really useful I found out for copying files from the ps4 to usb. There's some kind of funky write business from the PS4 going on, where the larger your file allocation size the faster it will transfer files.
    I reformatted mine to ex fat with maximum file size (started with "32" and was a long number, can't remember the rest of it :P ).

This cut down the write time of a single 15 minute video from 5-6 minutes down to around 100 seconds give or take a few seconds.
    I've got an 8 gig usb, prior to reformatting my usb I asked the game to transfer about 7 gigs it said "That'll take 60 minutes good sir." Me: U wot mate?
    Post format it took about 20 minutes. I'm only going by the time it gave me after it stopped rapidly counting down from whatever initial silly guesstimate it gives you initially, after that I switched back to my desktop each time and didn't bother to time how long it took, but it certainly hasn't been longer than half an hour each time.

Dunno why its so stupid long anyway but eh, this helps. You lose a bit of space but its well worth it.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    ebrietas' charge is unavoidable if she's too close. i genuinely don't think there's a way. i have occasional success at mid-range (at about her tentacle range) by dashing back and to the side. spamming back dashes might work; i haven't actually tried it, but the charge has a limited range, and you might be able to outdistance it if you've got space behind you. theoretically. i haven't fought her lately to test it.

• Options
    quickstep input does seem to be gated in the fashion of even if you dont get it, you still have to wait for the next input as if you had gotten it

i do keep the hunter bone around, because I'm convinced it works there too and promotes mashing success

I'm a bit too out of it to get what you mean.
    You mean, like, if you fail the first time the chance to dodge closes?

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Elendil wrote: »
    ebrietas' charge is unavoidable if she's too close. i genuinely don't think there's a way. i have occasional success at mid-range (at about her tentacle range) by dashing back and to the side. spamming back dashes might work; i haven't actually tried it, but the charge has a limited range, and you might be able to outdistance it if you've got space behind you. theoretically. i haven't fought her lately to test it.

Just looked this up. If the time stamp screws up for you start at 6:29.

https://youtu.be/GobJurkGt-g?t=6m29s
    You dodge sideways and then backwards. Sideways twice gets you hit by the edge of her. Watching it she's too wide on the edges so you get clobbered. Sideways avoids the long middle part of her body then backwards avoids the rest.

edit: there's two charges in a row. watching them again to double check I've got the right idea, I've changed my mind.
    I think what must happen is after you dodge sideways the first time, you end up turned towards her a bit. You can see it before he does the backwards dodge. At that point if you dodge again, you'd end up trying to dodge through the back of her body, the slug bit and get hit. So he dodges backwards to prevent that realignment screwing him up.

Watching that reminded me that I once saw my hunter do a 90 degree L turn during a dodge.
    I have no idea how, but I dodged backwards and then halfway through it she suddenly zipped sideways. It was way, way too fast to have done a second dodge after the first, it all took place within the same length of time as a normal dodge.
    Never seen it before or after. Wasn't using the bone. It was pretty kewl. Must have been an odd glitch.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    i mean if you input your dodge while still in your recovery frames (amid a combo), I think it gets locked out very briefly. only relevant against very fast attacking enemies

paarl sucks and i hate him. sometimes bosses feel balanced as though to assume early/frequent limb cripple, and paarl is definitely one. the cripple is everything, the cripple is life. i don't enjoy that design but i can live with it

• Options
    edited January 2016
    i mean if you input your dodge while still in your recovery frames (amid a combo), I think it gets locked out very briefly. only relevant against very fast attacking enemies

I get ya. That makes sense. It's kind of how Bayonetta's Bat Within worked in Bayo 1. It was a defensive move where dodging at the same time as you got hit turned her into a cloud of bats to escape and you wouldn't take damage from the attack that hit you. It let you escape if you were hit in between her normal dodges, or get out of combos. But you had to time it, if you pressed the button too early your chance was blown and you couldn't get it to work even if you quickly pressed it again with the right timing.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I don't know where you got that impression but it is not true. I did this. You still need to find the insight.

There's two of them. One in the sewers, one near a pack of crows.

I got inside no problem.

Now to find an insight.

Edit: And done. Ran right at the spooky man aka the first boss.

JusticeforPluto on
  • Options
    I don't know where you got that impression but it is not true. I did this. You still need to find the insight.

I got inside no problem.

Now to find an insight.

I meant you can get inside but you still have to find the insight to level. I thought you were saying you could skip it, I must have misread you.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    So I knew something weird was going on when I encountered that one enemy in the Forbidden Woods.
    Weird little blue guys

Then I beat Rom.
    Uh, holy shit there is some Cthulu fucking nonsense in this game isn't there?

That second statement is more correct than you may realize.

I mean,
    there's some nonsense about everyone becoming beasts and the red moon and a godbaby, so...

I kinda figured it was something like that.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular

I got inside no problem.

Now to find an insight.

I meant you can get inside but you still have to find the insight to level. I thought you were saying you could skip it, I must have misread you.

Oh no I just wanted in cause early game I'm being flooded with Bullets and Blood Vials I don't need, will be nice to save them up.

And this Axe you guys and gals. So much fun. Last time I played I took the Saw but the Axe is just excellent.

• Options
    i feel like the saw might be the worst first weapon

the threaded cane has its challenges, but it is actually really powerful early on if you pick the all-skill origin... easy one shot potential in central yarhnam

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I liked the Saw Cleaver. I just ended up liking the Saw Spear better.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Beast Jesus

rqroswqguztv.jpg

I beelined straight for them as best I could.

Had to down the following bosses to get these, plus a couple I thought I had to but realised I didn't later. This is roughly in the order I did them.
    Needed

Gascgoigne
    BSB (For chalice)
    Undead Giant double swords
    Merciless Watchers
    Watchdog of the Old Lords
    Beast Possessed Soul
    Keeper of the Old Lords
    Pthumerian Descendent
    Amelia
    Amygdala

Amygdala was complicated, explanation in spoiler.
    I flat out hit a wall here. I was using kirkhammer and axe. The axe couldn't hit him except with the second hit of the combo, which was useless, and was terrible at hitting his arms. Kirkhammer could tag his head and arms but was soooo slow and I had to sprint in after his attacks to land one. The dashing attack of kirkhammer is that shove thing, so it wasn't working.
    I watched a video of someone beating cursed and they were using tonitrus to hit his tail with the bolt buff for 100 damage a hit. I didn't really want to go get that yet cos I didn't want to kill Paarl until after I got beast claws.
    So I went and got the boom hammer by sprinting through the DLC, which was a very "Interesting Times" ten minutes. I honestly can't tell you how I managed to do it in one very hectic go.
    I was hoping its fire bonus it would let me cut through his leg and tail resistance, but it turned out that the "Boom" explosions will hit his head even if the hammer whiffs under it. Was doing a solid 200 with only +1 just from the explosion. There's three ways to get the explosion. Jumping attack (weakest), dashing R2 (respectable damage), charged R2 (496 if the hammer hit his head, which wasn't too hard). All three could solidly hit his head even if he raised up from resting it on the ground.
    Late in the fight when he started doing all the jumps, all I had to do was move to wherever his tail had been prior to jumping and he would land on top of me but do no damage because his legs and arms would whiff. Then I could immediately do a charged R2 to hit his head in his recovery. From behind him I could also charging R2 through his tail into his body and he'd take 200 damage from that due to the explosion hitting a vulnerable part of him higher up his body.
    Via a combination of all that I managed to finally down him! During that time I fell deeply in love with the Boom hammer and now I have to make a dedicated Boom weapon build.
    Ailing Loran: BeastPossessed Soul x 2

Didn't need them, but mistakenly thought I did.

Cleric Beast (didn't know about path through workshop after BSB until he was already dead, did him after Gascoigne)
    Lower Pthumeru first boss Merciless 2.0 (thought I'd find Blood 4's easier by progressing, but after I kept finding blood 3's on layer 2, then ran into ball and chain giant, I thought "fuck this" and went back to farming snatchers/bagmen)

I got the blood 4's from the first bonus area before the second lamp in lower, before you even start the first layer properly. There's two bagmen not too far in. Initially those guys were whooping my ass since they have double health and hit like a goddam truck but I managed to adjust after quite a few deaths, then managed to get enough of a handle on things to start farming them. Basically just tagging them enough to force them to frenzy up, then I'd get a backstab with the Kirkhammer's two handed R2 and visceral them.
    I was finding blood 4's fairly consistently with 22 insight and getting around 7000 a run which I used to level my vit (I came here to farm them while upping my vit to fight Ammy again).
    Then I made the mistake of using a ton of insight to get blood shards to upgrade my Boom Hammer. After that I flat out stopped finding Blood 4's from the bagmen! Frustratingly I was already at 7! You need 9. It was so frustrating. I used all my insight drops, and got back up to 18, but still wasn't finding them. So I had to go and do a couple of exploration based insights, no bosses though. That got me back up to 23, then I got the last two I needed.

The sickle guy guarding the layer 1 lever to BPS made me pause for a bit. As in, I literally stopped moving and thought for about five minutes.
    It was one of those little stair rooms, he was on the bottom, I had come in the top from the side. I was standing watching him just out of his line of sight with 40 000 souls, thinking very carefully about how I should fight him. On my other character those guys regularly killed me in Ailing, and that character was a lot more powerful at the time than this one was. I wasn't at all confident that I could parry him.
    So I looked through my inventory for items and threw a putrid at the wall to the side of the stairs. I'd never used one before and thought he'd just walk over to investigate it and I could possibly carefully walk down and backstab him. Instead he went nuts and starts flailing at the wall. So I dashed down the stairs and hit him with a dashing R2 before he could turn around, knocking him down. He got up and then he kept running into the side of the stairs and trying to attacking me through the stairs. He basically got stuck down there in the little side bit.
    I'm a pragmatic fellow, and responded to his distress by repeatedly smashing R2 charges with the Boom hammer on the edge of the stairs and took down most of his health in perfect safety. Each charge would knock him down each time for long enough to rebuff and start another charge. He finally figured out the whole stairs thing with just enough health to run into the final Boom that finished him.

BPS 2.0 I nearly one shotted by got greedy when he had a sliver of health left. The second time I put my patient hat on and smashed him to death with the boom hammer in between parries. In particular whenever he tried to cast a fireball I usually had enough time to cut it off with a dashing R2, which would do great damage.
    He nearly got me a few times with his combos and random bites, but this time when he was down to low health he got stuck in a smashed pillar! Just like the sickle guy, he couldn't get to me and was just running in place! This let me hit him with multiple carefully distanced full charge R2s before he worked it out, and then he only took two more hits to kill.

It sure was a journey!

Now for the next stage: embrace rune.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Morninglord continues to impress me with his taste in names.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Oh my gawd.

My first kill was Durja.

Oh my gawd.

That was so much fun.

*instant blood drunk Hunter*

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Oh my gawd.

My first kill was Durja.

Oh my gawd.

That was so much fun.

*instant blood drunk Hunter*

Nope, you're still able to form words. Try harder.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I don't really do method aAAAARRGGGGHHHHBTHGLRGLE GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Options
    edited January 2016
    ahh, tonights joyous discovery

Augur of Ebrietas whips wholesale ass against NPC hunter enemies, particularly in the DLC. and its an incredible bargain for only 1 bullet

dash in on them, stunlock with boom hammer, as soon as you're out of stamina, auger for instant knockdown into transformed leap R2

ice up, son, ice up

im in the NG+ DLC and I dont think I need 50 STR but I definitely need more than 30. takes almost two entire bars of stamina to take down one hunter

SECONDARY discover, unconfirmed... Boomhammer seems to have really funky invincibility frames during its R1 animation. I've been frequently whiffing on dogs, only for them to leap at me for no damage, anyone else? I think it was also happening on Vicar Amylia, but I can't see shit on that fight so it was hard to be certain

Jasconius on
  • Options
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    While I appreciate your dedication to a fair fight, every time you back him up to a ledge then give him space instead of pushing him off I die a little inside.

I mean, dude didn't have to hang out up there. He knew the risks.

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Yeah, most of the boss BS was in the chalice dungeons. Rom isn't so bad because you have plenty of tells for all of his attacks (he's more annoying because of how long it takes if you run it safe).

One of the several variations of the werewolf-type bosses in the chalice dungeons has a very fast forward slashing attack with its left claw. This attack is much faster than your gun, so that's straight-up not an option, and it's faster than your dodge as well -- if you wait until it lifts its arm to press the dodge button (and no I'm not getting hung up on releasing the button; I always rapid-tap the dodge button) then you will get hit unless you're just at the edge of the attack's range. These are the kinds of attacks that I consider BS; to avoid them you have to position yourself properly before the enemy even chooses to start the attack.

It is of course possible that I'm getting hung up on video lag (my TV and PS4 are connected through an AV unit). Games like this really need a calibration function like rhythm games have if they're going to demand such extreme reaction times from the player.

Another big problem I'm having is with the camera. This isn't restricted just to the bosses (chalice dungeons in general have camera issues with all the sharp corners and whatnot), but that's where I have issues most commonly. The teleporting elder boss with the fire spells was particularly egregious, teleporting behind you and firing off rapid crossbow shots in a manner that would cause the camera to swing wildly.

I know of the old adage with these games of never using lock-on with bosses (Rom in particular is a boss you never use lock-on for), but some bosses like the teleporter are otherwise designed for using lock-on. It's a lot less risky to dodge the crossbow bolts with lock-on, and angled forward dodging will get you in range for a quick attack that's one of the few safe attacks the boss grants you (particularly in the second half). Free running is viable, but only if you're at the proper angle, which isn't something you can tell when the camera spins wildly and you can't locate the boss fast enough due to speed of camera spin (and how quickly he'll start firing the bolts). It comes down to luck, and that's deeply frustrating.

That's not to say that Souls didn't have its share of cheap bosses (Capra), but for the most part if they went too cheap with a boss you could just cheap right back with ranged attacks or a really good shield. I guess I could go get the Bowblade and adjust my build a bit to do this in Bloodborne? It seems like "ranged" is just much more of a build thing this time around, whereas almost any character in Souls can find some way to get decent dependable ranged attacks.

Fleur de Alys on
    Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Abhorrent Beast's sucker punch is my favourite enemy move in the game - it's one of those moves that feels great to dodge because it means you read the situation and anticipated it, rather than waiting on a tell. I don't think it's BS because it's nowhere near a OHKO; that would be like saying any combo attack you can't dodge out of is BS. I find attacks that hit you while you're down far more aggravating.

Camera in this game can be p. bad for sure. Also yes, get the bowblade. It's one of the best skill weapons even discounting the bow mode.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    so i just started this game not too long ago and im having a blasty blast but I have some weapon/scaling questions since this is my first From game experience aside from like, metal wolf chaos.

basically for a strength heavy build, google tells me I want to keep an eye on the starter axe, kirkhammer, ludwigs holy blade, and the wheel and I was hoping to get some more info on them/how early i can get them/what ones you guys like for str builds (I already have hammer +2 and beat blood starved beast last night), but i have a lot of stuff to invest in something with and I figured I'd ask before proceeding.

ive been hearing blunt is not so great vs many enemies, but is it bad enough to make the hammer a not so great long term investment? research tells me blade is pretty nutty but I think the hammer and wheel are way cooler (though I guess the wheel swaps its str/arcane scaling when you transform it, so I assume that would mean i'd primarily use it in small mode being str heavy? I don't have it yet)

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    so i just started this game not too long ago and im having a blasty blast but I have some weapon/scaling questions since this is my first From game experience aside from like, metal wolf chaos.

basically for a strength heavy build, google tells me I want to keep an eye on the starter axe, kirkhammer, ludwigs holy blade, and the wheel and I was hoping to get some more info on them/how early i can get them/what ones you guys like for str builds (I already have hammer +2 and beat blood starved beast last night), but i have a lot of stuff to invest in something with and I figured I'd ask before proceeding.

ive been hearing blunt is not so great vs many enemies, but is it bad enough to make the hammer a not so great long term investment? research tells me blade is pretty nutty but I think the hammer and wheel are way cooler (though I guess the wheel swaps its str/arcane scaling when you transform it, so I assume that would mean i'd primarily use it in small mode being str heavy? I don't have it yet)

Ludwig's Holy Blade is a pretty universally good weapon. It's the bog standard Dark Souls greatsword, which makes it a B+ at virtually everything. Even if you don't love it, it's good to have it. You can get it about 25% through the game, making it quite popular as a result. I ludwig'd my way through the entire game.

Starter Axe is Starter Axe. It's boring but effective. I think of it as noob mode. I dropped it because it was boring.

The kirkhammer and wheel are more advanced weapons. Morninglord will tell you all about the hammer

The wheel only makes sense if you have an Arcane stat as well, because otherwise it's just a worse version of the kirkhammer (slower, more stam drain, questionable damage output). Meanwhile if you have arcane and can master its transform it can be pretty good. I wanted to like it, but its SO slow and requires such a stat investment that I ended up dropping it.

Honorable mention, the Boom Hammer is a DLC weapon that you can totally death march to, and it's a ton of fun.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    so if i like the hammer a lot and have been getting a lot of mileage out of the L2 one-two combo with it and am used to it and its versatility, it's probably fine since I don't have the arcane stat for the other half of wheel?

how early should i do the dlc? i know when I can access it but I don't know for what level character/gear its tuned for

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    so if i like the hammer a lot and have been getting a lot of mileage out of the L2 one-two combo with it and am used to it and its versatility, it's probably fine since I don't have the arcane stat for the other half of wheel?

how early should i do the dlc? i know when I can access it but I don't know for what level character/gear its tuned for

DLC is bullshit endgame hard. Advanced players suicidally charge in to nab its early weapons and armors.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    For a first strength build I thought the Hunter's Axe and Kirkhammer made for quite a powerful duo together. The axe gives you reach and the OP charged R2 spin attack, and the hammer gives you the option of either a faster short range weapon or a high stun capability when transformed. You really can't go too wrong with Ludwig's if you like it, though its worth noting it'll be better damage in the endgame for you with a split of strength and skill. I could never get into the wheel, so I don't have much to say there unfortunately.

If you have any intention of getting the DLC, it adds several interesting strength weapons. Whirligig is outright one of the best DPS weapons around, and several others are still both strong and plain fun to wield.

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular

I tried going in halfway through the game and got lolbliterated. Tried again at level 105 or so and having better luck.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Cantido wrote: »

DLC is bullshit endgame hard. Advanced players suicidally charge in to nab its early weapons and armors.

I saw some videos of that, might be worth seeing a route to the boomhammer/whirligig or something, unless that one is more involved/farther in

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The first area in the DLC is also far more difficult than the second area

Granted, you also have to beat a fairly difficult boss to proceed from the first to second area

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

I saw some videos of that, might be worth seeing a route to the boomhammer/whirligig or something, unless that one is more involved/farther in

Pretty much all the strength weapons are in the first area, actually. You can totally run in and grab them, but you're not going to want to actually fight the enemies around and its probably going to be confusing to figure out where you're going without having seen the area before of course.

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    For a first strength build I thought the Hunter's Axe and Kirkhammer made for quite a powerful duo together. The axe gives you reach and the OP charged R2 spin attack, and the hammer gives you the option of either a faster short range weapon or a high stun capability when transformed. You really can't go too wrong with Ludwig's if you like it, though its worth noting it'll be better damage in the endgame for you with a split of strength and skill. I could never get into the wheel, so I don't have much to say there unfortunately.

If you have any intention of getting the DLC, it adds several interesting strength weapons. Whirligig is outright one of the best DPS weapons around, and several others are still both strong and plain fun to wield.

Yeah axe/hammer is what im running now as a str build until i reach dlc. Pretty fun so far.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.