Options

It's the [Trans thread]!

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    To use the restrooms at the 21c Hotel, you must dress like a final fantasy character.

Also being apathetic is required

Already there on both counts!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    what is their policy on open carrying gun-arm prostheses

You've gotta junction an orange safety cap to it.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    yaaaayyyyyyyyyy UTI

I knew there was a reason I kept those pads from surgery

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    To use the restrooms at the 21c Hotel, you must dress like a final fantasy character.

You are far too enthusiastic. You are banned.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »

You are far too enthusiastic. You are banned.

pfft. whatever.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I need faster acting antibiotics.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

antibi-sonics?

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

antibi-sonics?

anti-subsonics?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    pimento wrote: »

antibi-sonics?

anti-subsonics?

anti-supersonics?

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

antibi-sonics?

anti-subsonics?

anti-supersonics?

anti-Sonics?

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »

antibi-sonics?

anti-subsonics?

anti-supersonics?

anti-Sonics?

Tails?

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

antibi-sonics?

anti-subsonics?

anti-supersonics?

anti-Sonics?

Tails?

Shadow.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    And Knuckles.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    And Metal Sonic

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular

antibi-sonics?

anti-subsonics?

anti-supersonics?

anti-Sonics?

Tails?

Miles "Tails" Prower

• Options
    GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular

antibi-sonics?

anti-subsonics?

anti-supersonics?

anti-Sonics?

david stern

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Some good news

Oregon lays out sweeping protections for transgender students
    A student who says she is a girl and wishes to be regarded that way throughout the school day should be respected and treated like any other girl," the document reads. "So too with a student who says he is a boy."
    Under Oregon's guidelines, transgender students should be allowed to change their names and pronouns, even if they have no proof that they intend to transition. The state says also educators should use the name a transgender student prefers — even if it does not match their legal name.

"There is no need for the student to prove their new gender," the report says. "The student's declaration of their gender is acceptable."

That means school leaders should issue new badges and keep a transgender student's legal name confidential. The student's chosen name should appear, instead of a legal name, on attendance sheets and gradebooks.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Woop woop my plan of slowly acclimatizing people to the idea that I'm transgender by way of facebook posts with steeply declining levels of plausible deniability is working

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »

antibi-sonics?

anti-subsonics?

anti-supersonics?

anti-Sonics?

Tails?

Shadow.

Which one?

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Apparently shitlords have resorted to taking hidden cameras into Target, confirming with someone (while the camera is running) that if they claim they "feel like a woman" they can use the women's restroom, then taking said camera into the women's restroom and recording themselves in the women's restroom showing everyone how dangerous it is to go to Target now.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Huh. In a number of states recording in a bathroom is illegal and I think gets you on the sex offenders registry.

So....good plan there.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Apparently shitlords have resorted to taking hidden cameras into Target, confirming with someone (while the camera is running) that if they claim they "feel like a woman" they can use the women's restroom, then taking said camera into the women's restroom and recording themselves in the women's restroom showing everyone how dangerous it is to go to Target now.

I'm just pressing the balls of my palms into my eyes really hard right now.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

antibi-sonics?

anti-subsonics?

anti-supersonics?

anti-Sonics?

Tails?

Shadow.

Which one?

The hedgehog

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

antibi-sonics?

anti-subsonics?

anti-supersonics?

anti-Sonics?

Tails?

Shadow.

Which one?

the true self

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Huh. In a number of states recording in a bathroom is illegal and I think gets you on the sex offenders registry.

So....good plan there.
    And they're posting the video evidence to the internet?

• Options
    Yeah I have no proof of this, a friend told me this was going on now. Initially he said "well you know people are taking videos in the bathrooms at Target now, right? Yeah they're claiming they're women and going into the women's restroom and taking videos now." After some prodding he elaborated but...yeah. not something I consider an argument in good faith

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    That these people don't understand how facile their argument is really confuses me. It's like advocating for gun control and then shooting up a Starbucks to prove your point. Like...what the fucking fuck?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    That these people don't understand how facile their argument is really confuses me. It's like advocating for gun control and then shooting up a Starbucks to prove your point. Like...what the fucking fuck?

In their minds, target is enabling perverts, so they're abusing the laws to prove their point and force the issue to be addressed

At worst they are bigots who are desperately grasping for some means to validate their hatred, at best they are woefully ignorant of just how unsafe the world is if they think that anyone who wanted to be gross in a bathroom would let a law stop them

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I would worry that this ends with a gatekeeper line being drawn where trans people can use the right bathroom if they have jumped through X hoop

"You must be this trans to pee"

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I would worry that this ends with a gatekeeper line being drawn where trans people can use the right bathroom if they have jumped through X hoop

I feel like at some point it's going to become apparent that these laws require way too much of an invasion of privacy to actually enforce

Unfortunately I think that's gonna take a lot of "false positive" cases of cis people getting in trouble for not being sufficiently masculine/feminine

• Options
    I think transmen using the women's bathrooms will have a big effect too.

• Options
    ...or, society will bend but not break and we'll end up with it being understood that you just have to carry around your birth certificate like you do your ID

I want to say that's a less likely outcome, but

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I think transmen using the women's bathrooms will have a big effect too.

I've seen a purposed bill that would only affect trans women. The bigots heard that trans men would have to go to the women's bathroom and fixed that by not getting rid of the law but by just focusing on trans women, which is who most of these laws are meant to target.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    I feel like there are more angles to defeat a bill that clearly discriminates against a particular assigned gender

Wait what am I saying

• Options
    I mean hypothetically that definitely sounds like a law that could very easily be stricken down on the grounds that it violates the 14th amendment

But realistically someone would have to have the time, resources and willpower to do so

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I mean hypothetically that definitely sounds like a law that could very easily be stricken down on the grounds that it violates the 14th amendment

But realistically someone would have to have the time, resources and willpower to do so

well ideally that's what the ACLU is for

the time is the biggest issue though, since trans people are left in the lurch while the cases are in court

• Options

That's basically the way the NC law works. If you've had SRS, you can have your birth certificate changed so that your "birth sex" now "matches" your "...I'm not even gonna bother with quotes and language, you get it. After your birth certificate is changed you can (allegedly) use the bathroom that corresponds to your updated birth sex.

Also my mother broke my heart the other day by saying that the bathroom portion of the law is the only part she supports. "I don't want men in the bathroom with me" before I could even process what I'd heard I blurted out "oh you're a Cruz supporter now?" and...yeah probably not gonna be discussing that stuff with her any more. She's grossly under/mis informed and I'm just too shell shocked by the idea that this super pro-Hillary "live and let live" person who taught me tolerance and not to be discriminatory is suddenly just...another one of those people.

• Options
    I can't judge, I needed to be educated a lot and I'm a very liberal person. A lot of other well meaning people have ignorant views because they haven't been challenged/educated. I don't think it's the job of any trans person to do that, but I think "allies" have a moral obligation.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    it would be great if more trans folk were paid to challenge/educate folk

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    It's just a culture shock thing. It's another one of those moments when you realize your parents are old people. Hers is just a position of ignorance, not of hate or malice. That doesn't mean that it can or should be allowed to stand, it rather means she is (hopefully) salvageable.

This discussion has been closed.