As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Happy Rex Manning [chat]!

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Mr. Puppies

hey stacey i looked for your name in the pax east dinner thread

i must be going blind because i didn't see it

How dressy is the dinner, by the way? Suits?

I think the general rule is "look as nice as you reasonably can"

Most guys will be in jackets and ties and the most awesome wear vests.

I will wear a dress

It will be tighter on me than I would like

oh hush

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    And my other coworker has called in sick.

thrice the work, thrice the paycheck?

Twice work same paycheck.

Guy who was sick yesterday is back.

I shall conclude from this that men are weak and feeble

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

FUCK DA PO LICE

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Mr. Puppies

I will wear a dress

oh hush

shut up i'm making accurate predictions

prediction #2

I will eat some sort of seafood and/or drink too much and/or a combination of the two that will make me vomit all over Boston

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I don't do ties though, because even though I like the look on other women, I somehow don't quite want to do it myself, or am worried about not pulling it off, or something.
    edit: also then wouldn't be able to wear a nice necklace, which again I never have to occasion to wear. Why have all this jewelry and just have it sit unused?

Good idea with the jewelry, bring your A-game. Stacey won't be there so there's no easy minimum dressiness to reassure yourself with.

MY GODS.

This savagery...

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    ronya wrote: »
    we have terms like the projects, the councils, etc. for the simple reason that if you're building city apartments to segregate the homeless because homeless people are unpleasant to be around for everyone else, then there's no real will to make said apartments actually appealing to live in. instead they become guinea pigs for intelligentsia fashions du jour, like brutalism. "perhaps it should be pleasant during the winter" is forgotten.

This doesn't sound remotely like a plausible problem.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    And my other coworker has called in sick.

thrice the work, thrice the paycheck?

Twice work same paycheck.

Guy who was sick yesterday is back.

I shall conclude from this that men are weak and feeble

https://youtu.be/DGehAbaWURo

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    And from a god damn hippy, no less...

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    ...and scottish people are quite bigoted about the english! You know I have to remind them of the incredible english sophistication, tolerance and sense of humor! Which they need to get over their impotence and pointlessness.

Sounds legit.

jokes on you

i'm mostly English!

I thought you were mostly Polish

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Casual wrote: »
    I very very much doubt that.

try me.

*places can of IRN BRU on the table between us*

I'm pretty decidedly English and I like irn bru

well, decidedly half english

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »

Argle fucking bargle.

There's the fucking rage I needed to get through my day.

I hate that these geese are the face of my profession.

Maybe if he doesn't like seeing pain and despair, he should do something about it, like help to ease that pain and despair?

late but he cant hes too busy paying his astronomical Bay Area rent

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Mr. Puppies

I will wear a dress

oh hush

shut up i'm making accurate predictions

prediction #2

I will eat some sort of seafood and/or drink too much and/or a combination of the two that will make me vomit all over Boston

It has been a few years since I vomited all over Boston. I don't want to add any more locations to 'list of red line stations I have barfed or almost barfed on', though...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options

GOD DAMMIT THAT BABY DOLPHIN STORY I'M JUST ANGRY I DIDN'T NEED THAT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK THIS WORLD.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Dressy chat, dinner chat

I should have PAXed this year

Plus it would have given me an excuse to buy a new suit :3

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    someday I will pax

mark my words

someday

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I googled "baby dolphin" after Stacey's post.
    Dolphin Dies Being Passed Around For Selfies

Even if it's inaccurate, that's an incredible headline.

• Options
    QXJie7c.jpg

Finally, the motivation I needed to finally get on a plane and live in glorious Nippon, sayonara suckers

• Options

GOD DAMMIT THAT BABY DOLPHIN STORY I'M JUST ANGRY I DIDN'T NEED THAT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK THIS WORLD.

what did the baby dolphin do?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

was driving a slightly too nice car for its race

shot fifty two times in the face at a routine traffic stop

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    Instead of buying a dark grey suit my last suit was more of a casual medium grey that's summer-friendly

Instead of navy the next suit I buy will be a cheerful and intense blue, also summer-friendly

The police can't stop me

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

http://gizmodo.com/baby-dolphin-dies-after-humans-try-to-take-photos-with-1759847942

tldr
    A bunch of beachgoers in Argentina last week inadvertently killed an endangered baby dolphin when they scooped it out of the ocean and started taking pictures of it.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I blame Cinders

• Options
    desc wrote: »
    Instead of buying a dark grey suit my last suit was more of a casual medium grey that's summer-friendly

Instead of navy the next suit I buy will be a cheerful and intense blue, also summer-friendly

The police can't stop me

What color do you mean by intense blue?

My suit is maybe medium grey? Lighter than charcoal, anyway. All-seasons appropriate. I love my suit (and recommend the Boston-based 9tailors as a company to get a custom suit if you find yourself wanting one.)

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    maybe i should go home to visit my family and go to fancy dinner (but not pax)

poo
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    In my morning Rocket League match I got paired with two Germans and my 3 goals, 2 assists, 2 saves were good for the fewest points on the team. Go team me and those two German guys.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

http://gizmodo.com/baby-dolphin-dies-after-humans-try-to-take-photos-with-1759847942

tldr
    A bunch of beachgoers in Argentina last week inadvertently killed an endangered baby dolphin when they scooped it out of the ocean and started taking pictures of it.

Poor thing died terrified and confused.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i love our it people

i submitted a ticket because i didn't have access to the shared drive

"hi can you you show me the drives you were missing"

"no, because they are not showing up in my directory anymore"

"and you had access to them before"

". . .yes"

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    There are some city councils in the Netherlands that have basically set up "last resort refuges" for the most unmanageable groups of homeless. In one example it's literally a circle of 6 trailers in the middle of nowhere. (relatively, in one of the most densely populated areas of the world) The city bought the trailers, hooked up electricity and water, got TV/Internet to the place, deducts these costs from the lowest form of welfare, and sends 2 people (1 from the city, one a medical/psych nurse) to check on them twice a week. You get kicked out if you trash the place, there was a limit on pets and visitors (so that it doesn't become a hangout spot for all the homeless), otherwise they pretty much leave them alone.

The evaluations 2 years in were pretty good, but this was a while ago, I wonder how it's faring now.

The basic idea is that some people react terribly to rules and systems in the first place, and the more you try to guide them within society the higher the chance of them dropping out again. So you more or less give up, but give them the chance to behave themselves out of the way. Not perfect, but perhaps the best achievable. The monetary cost of it was fairly low.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Their other main target is weirdly enough: police stations! It has happened to a lot of police centers and they also tend to pay the ransoms.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

The police can't stop me

wait like electric blue?!

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

Awesome, maybe now that this kind of crime is directly impacting bottom lines instead of 'just' exposing the customers, institutions will start taking security more seriously.

• Options

The police can't stop me

My suit is maybe medium grey? Lighter than charcoal, anyway. All-seasons appropriate. I love my suit (and recommend the Boston-based 9tailors as a company to get a custom suit if you find yourself wanting one.)

I don't know exactly what you call it -- it's a sort of saturated electric blue

It was the hot thing of the moment like two years ago but I think lively colors are sticking around

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Their other main target is weirdly enough: police stations! It has happened to a lot of police centers and they also tend to pay the ransoms.

hmmm... *takes notes*

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I blame Cinders

The fuck did I do?

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    I will once again be the least dressy person at PAX East

As I own very little clothing. I will show up in what I teach in, shirt, tie, jeans.

Fancier than normal? Sure? Relatable to the common man because I wear jeans? Yep.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I blame Cinders

The fuck did I do?

Your ball hexing!

• Options

The police can't stop me

I don't know exactly what you call it -- it's a sort of saturated electric blue

It was the hot thing of the moment like two years ago but I think lively colors are sticking around

21389ac04755744ba42eac5957ee934a.jpg

this sort of thing? That's a beautiful color. (Although that guy's singlasses are obnoxious).

This discussion has been closed.