Options

Republican Debate X: Swapping Out the Whiskey for Tequila

• Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    Not that its a great indicator, but Trump once again won the Drudge online poll about who won the debate. He's at like 60%.

PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I just started this and it's crazy.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I know I'm part of the problem but this was entertaining as all hell.

And trump got both of his opponents to team up on him by yelling about how they want to leave people to die in the streets. He managed to make them admit that was the GOP platform, enthusaistivally

Amazing.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I need some recap videos stat guys

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Drakeon wrote: »
    Not that its a great indicator, but Trump once again won the Drudge online poll about who won the debate. He's at like 60%.

insanity. that was a shit show and he looked pathetic for long stretches

Rubio started out looking like he could be the actual President but got a little petty by the end. but it's hard to blame him when he has to talk over Trump. and he had to, and he did, and it largely worked. Cruz was there too but he was still Cruz. the answer is clear.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Ardol wrote: »
    So each debate has devolved into more and more chaos, what form will the final debate take?

actual, literal fist-fight.

last man standing gets the nom.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    The final debate needs to be hosted by Jerry Springer.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Rubio winning last night is definitely being pushed this morning. Insomuch as anybody can 'win' one of these things, Trump won by virtue of being his snake oil salesman self. So sad.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Republicans get reminded that the troops are humans with human needs and don't run on yellow ribbons and prayers, and tell the DoD to go fuck itself.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Apparently the closed captioners had to throw up their hands and put (unintelligible yelling) up on the screen for parts of the debate last night.

That's a thing that happened in a public debate for the highest office in the land.

There is a screenshot of it floating around.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Rubio winning last night is definitely being pushed this morning. Insomuch as anybody can 'win' one of these things, Trump won by virtue of being his snake oil salesman self. So sad.

So it was another republican debate

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    When Donald Trump wins Florida I would not be surprised if the headline read "Big Victory for Rubio in Florida!"

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    This is good news of Rubio.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

So it was another republican debate

I hateloved the story going about Luntz's CNN focus group. When he asked who won, they unanimously said "Rubio." Then the whole room spent the rest of the segment talking about Trump.

That's when you realize that, yeah, the voters might give Rubio props for standing up to the lion. Doesn't mean they aren't still voting for the lion.

Phillishere on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Things I learned this time; Wolf Blitzer is a real person, and not a Mega Man villain

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Wolf Blitzer is a real person

Let's not be hasty...

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Things I learned this time; Wolf Blitzer is a real person, and not a Mega Man villain

Wolf Blitzer sounds more like a Mega Man weapon you get from beating the boss than the boss itself.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited February 2016

Girl Raised From Birth By Wolf Blitzer Taken Into Protective Custody (Onion stuff, to be clear)

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Like I legit thought this guy's name was maybe Wolf or sounded like 'Blitzer' so you guys were referring to him as 'Wolf Blitzer' as a joke or something.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Like I legit thought this guy's name was maybe Wolf or sounded like 'Blitzer' so you guys were referring to him as 'Wolf Blitzer' as a joke or something.

Well, it is his name, and he is a joke.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Wolf Blitzer is clearly the callsign of one of SolidSnake's classmates.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    That was some of the worst moderating I've seen this entire election cycle, and let me tell you there is some stiff competition in that regard.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I need some recap videos stat guys

Gotcha covered:
    a4ffvuq6wxr4.jpg

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    OH GOD I clicked on a peggy noonan article

She's declaring trump the champion of the unprotected classes.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    "Wolf Blitzer" sounds like a Metal Gear Solid boss.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Quick quick get nexus into the decompression chamber, if he's exposed to this much noonan his brain might implode. SOMEONE GET THAT FUCKING CHAMBER!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Its too late for me Preacher save yourself

*sadly scrolls down the the comments section*

• Options

NEXUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

Don't do it! You have so much to live for!

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options

Don't do it! You have so much to live for!

Forget it angel Nextax is stuck in the swamp of stupid political opinions, trying to pull him out will only kill us.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

And yet she still goes on autopilot about charter schools, which are an excellent example of the protected taking advantage of the underclass by turning community controlled public schools into for-profit "schools" controlled by a corporation based in another city.

That's the weakness of modern conservatism that Trump is exploiting. Even when they get a glimpse of a clue, they can't help shilling for whoever has a hand in their pocket. It's what makes "I'm too rich to buy" a powerful message.

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    I just don't get how trump is so popular online. I mean around 4chan & /pol, yes. But now he's being celebrated as like, a hero of the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY4Ct-eRoB0

• Options
    The internet is a whirling ball of hate? I mean one of its proudest creations is a shrieking idiot (pewdiepie).

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    The internet is a whirling ball of hate? I mean one of its proudest creations is a shrieking idiot (pewdiepie).

I just never thought it was this bad, but it's always been there underneath the surface. Just waiting to come bubbling out.

• Options
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

I just never thought it was this bad, but it's always been there underneath the surface. Just waiting to come bubbling out.

Much like racism in america, we forget/pretend its not really there, until a candidate is out front going "FUCK YEAH LETS BE RACIST DOWN WITH BROWN!" And you have a not insignificant part of the country cheering along.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    So Chris Christie has endorsed Donald Trump

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/02/26/chris-christie-endorses-donald-trump/

The Donald's starting to look like the inevitable nominee, huh

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    So Chris Christie has endorsed Donald Trump

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/02/26/chris-christie-endorses-donald-trump/

The Donald's starting to look like the inevitable nominee, huh

Starting?

Trump has been the inevitable nominee for months now. Denial is a hell of a drug.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Trump's not getting the nomination.
    I was so young then. So naive.

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    Trump's not getting the nomination.
    I was so young then. So naive.

We all were, we all were. They were our salad days.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.