As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Whispers of the Old [chat]

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Actually thinking about it, maybe the truth is Landshark's sperm is average. The real one with the super power in the relationship is Porp.

well i do have one data point outside of porp but it's possible we're both super virile

need more data points

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I mean the kid still gets a USAA account

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    and finished my EdX comp sci class with a 94%. If any of y'all are interested in taking a computer science class with no real background, i strongly recommend 6.00.1x & 6.00.2x.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    but like

what is the value of gold and silver in a post-nation state where money has no value?

Metals have value because they have uses, though?

yeah but outside of advanced manufacturing gold and sliver only really have value as jewelry metals,

which, you need a certain level of society happening before pure luxury goods start having value

Depends on what you mean by "advanced manufacturing". You're certainly not going to have aluminium in a prepper situation. Copper, gold, silver are all pretty great metals. I'd say copper is the better investment in the long run though. Though in a prepper situation, you can just strip that shit from power lines and houses.

Gold isn't a great metal to make things out of because even when you alloy it, you get a very soft metal that doesn't handle wear very well. Silver is harder and is nice because it resist corrosion but it's also not a particularly durable metal. Copper can be nice but it works so much better when you have access to tin because Bronze is vastly superior to any of the above metals.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Ludious
    Its too late to pretend you're not a monster
    Just embrace it

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Wait grains? In beer? Not in my Hoppy Hops Hopslosion!

we soaked eight pounds of hops in 12oz of water to make the craftiest craft beer ever crafted

Swear to god I was looking over some craft beers the other night and like every fucking one highlighted the hops in it. MOTHER FUCKERS!

God damn it where is my Pumpkin chino?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Hipster prime was working at the brand new growler shop that opened near my place. I got what he recommended. It even came with a, "it'll change your life" catchphrase.

It didn't. Now I have a beer which is only drinkable in very small quantities at a time.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Someone in the Dark Souls thread just made a convincing suggestion that the series involves mythological bestiality, basically.

What a weird game.

in DS3 in the Irithyll Dungeon
    Those things with human heads and animal bodies look like some dragon/human bastard
    And the implication is that some fucked up things happen in that dungeon

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Someone in the Dark Souls thread just made a convincing suggestion that the series involves mythological bestiality, basically.

What a weird game.

Like, Pasiphae-style?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    bhoxktkkitfa.png

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    damn i didn't get anything done today

oh well

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    The IPA counter revolution is real and is happening right now. Sours, Belgians and places that only serve traditional beers tied to a specific country or area are becoming popular and opening fast. More than anything it's talking to people, "Oh don't worry, we don't do IPA's"

It's less bro-y but way more douche-y, which I guess fits in the whole revolution counter revolution metaphor.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options

Is it bad that when she mentioned Chuck Lorre and people with drug problems I thought "Yeah if I watched enough of his shows I'd kill the pain with heroin."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    damn i didn't get anything done today

oh well

That's Our Chanus.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Also sour beers are so over rated. Yay you made a beer that is technically rotten but won't make you sick...probably. Maybe I'm just bias because I like to want to drink more than 4 oz of a given beer.

Doodmann on
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I really like sours and saisons so I'm pleased

That's basically exactly what the brewery a block from my house focuses on

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Actually thinking about it, maybe the truth is Landshark's sperm is average. The real one with the super power in the relationship is Porp.

@porp

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    It only took 15 minutes to iron a shirt this time, I'm getting better!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

I literally just saw this.

Not nearly as good as the Josh and Sam "go out and vote" or whatever thing in 2012, but funny

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Doodmann wrote: »
    The IPA counter revolution is real and is happening right now. Sours, Belgians and places that only serve traditional beers tied to a specific country or area are becoming popular and opening fast. More than anything it's talking to people, "Oh don't worry, we don't do IPA's"

It's less bro-y but way more douche-y, which I guess fits in the whole revolution counter revolution metaphor.

No, what's douchey is when you go to a bar and they have 7 taps, 6 of which are IPAs, their one non-IPA is either some boring-ass watered-down blonde or some stout the consistency of bread stew, and they all have names like Hopsplosion, Hoperial, Ahopalypse, and Hopageddon.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options

I am sick and tired of 80 choices of microbrew IPA (lol northwest pale ale) and coors light.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

that's the best clickhole I've ever seen
    *grows mustache, beergut*
    *holds Coors Lite*
    Freedom ain't free, kid. Freedom ain't free.
    *sips*

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Also sour beers are so over rated. Yay you made a beer that is technically rotten but won't make you sick...probably. Maybe I'm just bias because I like to want to drink more than 4 oz of a given beer.

I love sours : (

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    The continuous adventures of watching TNG: SPACE IRISH?!?

I honestly can't remember this episode.

• Options
    Feral wrote: »

What a weird game.

Like, Pasiphae-style?

Sort of, yeah.

• Options
    My point is there should be balance, but people don't seem to want that. Right now most of the breweries around here are pretty much only putting out sours and saisons, which is just as bad as only putting out IPA's.

I like to ART
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    This person has been an employee here a loooooong time (Almost to retirement), has a property in Mexico and spends as much of the winter there as they can get away with.

• Options
    IPAs should come as shots because that's how much I want.

• Options
    Feral wrote: »

No, what's douchey is when you go to a bar and they have 7 taps, 6 of which are IPAs, their one non-IPA is either some boring-ass watered-down blonde or some stout the consistency of bread stew, and they all have names like Hopsplosion, Hoperial, Ahopalypse, and Hopageddon.

Wait what's wrong with a stout?

Unless its guiness, fuck guiness!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I dislike most IPAs. I like good Ales and Reds. I like wheats. I like unfiltered beer a lot. I like them dark and light. I am not the biggest sour fan but a good one is heavenly.

But I also cheat and go to beer bars that have usually 20 different things on tap.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

that's the best clickhole I've ever seen
    *grows mustache, beergut*
    *holds Coors Lite*
    Freedom ain't free, kid. Freedom ain't free.
    *sips*

There is a truck I pass by around town, often.
    The rear window is plastered with stuff like

UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH VIETNAM

MARINE TRAINED
    ONE SHOT
    ONE KILL

this is standard shit around these parts soooooooooooo

Freedom isn't free but it's obnoxious as fuck

• Options
    navgoose wrote: »

I am sick and tired of 80 choices of microbrew IPA (lol northwest pale ale) and coors light.

Manny's is pretty consistent in Seattle

• Options

Aforementioned hipster prime sold me on a habanero barley wine. It was great in shot glass portion. A whole glass was brutal.

• Options
    The brewery near me has three flagships: a saison, a grapefruit beer, and a heavy stout. They do basically everything and the selection aside from the flagship is different every time. It's wonderful. You can get five free samples too, so.

It is hard to not be drunk in my hood.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »

It is.... noteworthy

Not I a good way

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    At least a saison is (usually) a middle-of-the-road beer that isn't too heavy on any particular flavor.

Some breweries seem to think "saison" means "farmhouse sour" which is wrong and dumb, though.

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    This person has been an employee here a loooooong time (Almost to retirement), has a property in Mexico and spends as much of the winter there as they can get away with.

Buy them a workplace snuggy and give them meaningful looks?

• Options
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »

It is.... noteworthy

Not I a good way

Didn't riker end up having 7 kids out of that group?

Nothing beats the episode where Beverly fucks a ghost though.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I dislike most IPAs. I like good Ales and Reds. I like wheats. I like unfiltered beer a lot. I like them dark and light. I am not the biggest sour fan but a good one is heavenly.

But I also cheat and go to beer bars that have usually 20 different things on tap.

Just to spread the word, saying you like good "Ales" is meaningless. IPA's, Reds, Wheats, 99% of unfiltered beers, stouts, porters etc are all Ales. Everything that is not a lager is an ale. It gets a little more complicated with 100% brett saisons and sours, but those could both be put into the category of "wild ale yeasts"

I like to ART
This discussion has been closed.