As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Whispers of the Old [chat]

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I had a grapefruit white beer at Gustavs (German food) which tasted like Squirt. AKA awesome as fuck

navgoose on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    vDhz6P0.jpg

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    And by nothing beats, I mean for episodes that don't involve Deanna Troi

Serious trigger warning do not click.

having a rape baby.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    navgoose wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    The IPA counter revolution is real and is happening right now. Sours, Belgians and places that only serve traditional beers tied to a specific country or area are becoming popular and opening fast. More than anything it's talking to people, "Oh don't worry, we don't do IPA's"

It's less bro-y but way more douche-y, which I guess fits in the whole revolution counter revolution metaphor.

I am sick and tired of 80 choices of microbrew IPA (lol northwest pale ale) and coors light.

Manny's is pretty consistent in Seattle

yeah there's usually that or Mac & Jack's

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Also sour beers are so over rated. Yay you made a beer that is technically rotten but won't make you sick...probably. Maybe I'm just bias because I like to want to drink more than 4 oz of a given beer.

I love sours : (

Skippy let me try one at PAX before.

Only kind of beer I've enjoyed.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Someone in the Dark Souls thread just made a convincing suggestion that the series involves mythological bestiality, basically.

What a weird game.
    is this the gwyn/dragon sex scandal

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    The IPA counter revolution is real and is happening right now. Sours, Belgians and places that only serve traditional beers tied to a specific country or area are becoming popular and opening fast. More than anything it's talking to people, "Oh don't worry, we don't do IPA's"

It's less bro-y but way more douche-y, which I guess fits in the whole revolution counter revolution metaphor.

I am sick and tired of 80 choices of microbrew IPA (lol northwest pale ale) and coors light.

Manny's is pretty consistent in Seattle

yeah there's usually that or Mac & Jack's

I like Mac and Jack being a standard, its like a nice comfortable pair of shoes after you've been wearing shitty new ones all day.

I did have a Big E blackberry concoction that was delicious.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Good old Dino Comics. It's been gone for over a decade.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    There's this guy who is like a marine dropout or something thats a waiter at the bar
    He always bring his gun tucked into his pants to work even though they told him not to
    He also drives a huge motorcycle that is way too big for his tiny framed self
    He tried to show off on it in front of the bar when it was raining the other day and laid himself out.

get rekt scrub

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Since my kegerator has come online I've almost completely stopped going to the pub.

In fact, the only one I've been to since my taps started pouring is the brewpub, The Woodyard, which is the pub attached to the local brewery that started up a few months ago.

I'm actually not impressed with their brews, but the food there is amazing.

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    I had a grapefruit white beer at Gustavs (German food) which tasted like Squirt. AKA awesome as fuck

The Gustav's inside that restaurant? I went there on my birthday and couple years ago

Pretty good

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    i love the gronks

also @DasUberEdward dat song!

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Someone in the Dark Souls thread just made a convincing suggestion that the series involves mythological bestiality, basically.

What a weird game.
    gwyn's firstborn being the dragon humper, thus his betrayal and the exile of Priscilla

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    omjeebus this day is just dragging

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    FroThulhu wrote: »

The Gustav's inside that restaurant? I went there on my birthday and couple years ago

Pretty good

German food chain here in portland. Kids and us parents happy with food. Sausage and pretzel fondue app? Yes please. Plus they have German beers available and I enjoyed that because of less IPA tendency.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

What a weird game.
    gwyn's firstborn being the dragon humper, thus his betrayal and the exile of Priscilla

IMPORTANT EDIT
    DRAGONLAYER

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    hey maybe that cloaca so tight he had to

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Since my kegerator has come online I've almost completely stopped going to the pub.

In fact, the only one I've been to since my taps started pouring is the brewpub, The Woodyard, which is the pub attached to the local brewery that started up a few months ago.

Building a kegerator is no different than having a child in every metric I've measured.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I'm a special widdle corbflake

• Options
    How many ancient mythologies don't include gods on animal action? Really.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    sitting next to our coffee machine in the kitchen are hundreds of extra disposable water bottles with my company's logo on it promoting 'Earth Day' from last week

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    these bottles aren't just disposable
    they're extra disposable
    you won't even want to hang on to them

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    sitting next to our coffee machine in the kitchen are hundreds of extra disposable water bottles with my company's logo on it promoting 'Earth Day' from last week

We might, collectively, be dumb

• Options
    aww there is a cinnamon roll for me in the kitchen!

I have the best roommate

• Options
    Podly wrote: »
    i love the gronks

also @DasUberEdward dat song!

Video is so white it campaigned for Donald Trump.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I like to imagine that's just a hard-written rule of Gronk Fitness

this song comes on you stop what you're doing and dance like this

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular

My school is smack dab in the middle of the middle

I check the outlier one at the top. It's Lexington, MA, which is where my friend grew up who played Lacrosse at the Lawrenceville Prep School in NJ.

I wasn't even surprised i just saw it and was like oh yeah ok that makes sense.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Security question for AT&T account creation asks: "What is your dream job?"

ooof AT&T I think I'm just going to give the make and model of my car instead.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    the race + same socioeconomic status ones r interest

poo
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

If you grow up poor, you're basically fucked in this country.
    I would like one economic justice pls.

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »

what is delicious

poo
  • Options
    credeiki wrote: »

Just put Welfare Queen

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    saw that thing earlier. p interesting.

the (fairly white and affluent) district we live in now is +2 grades above average

• Options
    the race + same socioeconomic status ones r interest

they are but also I thought it was well established that there's some racial/cultural bias in our standardized testing methods? which would explain some of it. it's been a while tho and maybe that's not an issue anymore

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

If you grow up poor, you're basically fucked in this country.
    I would like one economic justice pls.

and if you grew up black you get a negative modifier bonus

poo
  • Options
    omg that cinnamon roll was like

offensively delicious

Almond frosting!

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    The continuous adventures of watching TNG: SPACE IRISH?!?

I honestly can't remember this episode.

It is.... noteworthy

Not I a good way

the episode goes from a shitty comedy episode into PROBLEMATIC when Picard casually assigns all the irish women to a lifetime of being baby factories

this is somehow more morally acceptable to picard than just giving DNA samples

Here's a thought, ask the Irish people for some fucking DNA samples instead of volunteering them to be livestock (I also find it pretty hilarious that in a crew of over a thousand not even a few dozen would give DNA samples, I would and I'm a 21st century yokel, the enterprise is supposed to be a crew of the finest and most progressive 24th century people)

override367 on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »

Building a kegerator is no different than having a child in every metric I've measured.

I can think of one or two differences.

• Options
    Just had someone leave a voicemail that had apparently read a form in the exact opposite way the form is written. I'd be surprised but in Real estate nothing surprises me.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.