As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch 3.0] Justice Rains From Above!

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Played with Hanzo a bit and it seems like they ripped most of his abilities directly from Ashe in League of Legends. One or two similar abilities could be a coincidence, but they're both archers with:
    An ability that fires multiple arrows at once.
    An arrow that reveals enemies near where it lands.
    An ultimate with infinite range that goes through terrain.

it should also be noted that ashe is hardly innovative design

all three things you listed are pretty simple ideas, and there's the fact they had to change her since she had previously just been a rip of Drow from dota :P

also just remembered I opened Valkyrie Mercy. When I get back on imma battle mercy some people, which should work if her pistol is anything like D.Va's. And I'll heal people sometimes! But will ask for a second support because pewpewpew.

You got woodshed that was definitely not a real post

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    map awareness/knowledge for the blinks is also important because you basically want to take a pass at the enemies, disengage, steal a health pack, come from another angle, etc. forever

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    It's high noon

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Oh yeah, got my first legendary skin

It's the Odette one for Widowmaker.

Not sure how I feel about that.

Kinky?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Got PotG earlier as 76 on Anubis while guarding Point B, because a McCree came up the steps beside the point, just barely poking his head above floor level and immediately went into his ult.

I happened to have just turned that way to quickly check my flank, so I unloaded an entire mag directly into his head.

Felt good, because literally the entire team was standing in his sights.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    I just think there should be some counterplay to McCree's flash. They should keep it the same range, but instead of instantly exploding, have it pulse for .5 seconds, then explode. This way, if you have good reaction speed, you could react to it (turn your Reinhardt shield to it, bubble up, dash, hook, iceblock, etc). Even if you miss your reaction, at least you know you had a chance. The few characters that don't have a skill that they could use in reaction, could corner peak to try and bait it.

Past that, the right click damage output feels a bit silly against tanks. Maybe they should increase the damage reduction armor has against it?

Just be careful what you ask for, because McCrees that know how to left click are horrifying. A quick headshot + bodyshot is enough to kill 60% of the characters in the game.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Maybe give his gun spread while he's moving. Gotta stand still for that pinpoint accuracy.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    map awareness/knowledge for the blinks is also important because you basically want to take a pass at the enemies, disengage, steal a health pack, come from another angle, etc. forever

I cry every time I blink impotently into an obstacle.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Can't.........buy........balanced...............teams............

Just domination either way tonight. Not actually that much fun even when I'm winning in a rout.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    x6HFeUZ.jpg

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    x6HFeUZ.jpg

My life.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    That feeling when you have a gold medal with 1 kill and the match is about to end.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    I think I am finally getting to understand how to play Genji.

Basically all I did was run around all game, picking at the flanks, trying to find stragglers to kill. If I had nothing else to do, I would poke away at tanks and try to lure them after me, at which point I would run away and try to waste their time as much as possible.

In general, I would run the heck away if the fight was even close to being fair, and only re-engaging if I had the drop on someone, or if they were weakened, searching for a health pack. Essentially I played annoying as hell, and ran back to safety or my team should the odds not be in my favor. I did a lot of running away, period.

Y?/N?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    That feeling when you have a gold medal with 1 kill and the match is about to end.

I got a gold medal for having 1 objective kill during a Defend round earlier.

I was like...people. People. What in the fuck happened here today?

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    x6HFeUZ.jpg

They should remove the "ask for heal" function from the chat commands menu. I can see the big cross over their dumb heads already.

"I need healing!"
    "I need healing!"
    "I need healing!"
    "Well I need to be less dead, but we can't have everything in life, can we?"

Suriko on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I got to boost-boop a Tracer into the big pit today as D.Va.

Aaaaand it was a part of the PotG where I gunned down three other players, and the Tracer boop was the opening act.

Yeah, I was pretty pleased with that.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »
    x6HFeUZ.jpg

They should remove the "ask for heal" function from the chat commands menu. I can see the big cross over their dumb heads already.

"I need healing!"
    "I need healing!"
    "I need healing!"

In one game I replied to "I need healing!" spam with "If you want healing you need to get the Tracer and D.Va who are out for my blood off my back"

The rest of my team said "Okay, sure" and fucking did it.

I was genuinely astounded.

• Options
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    I think I am finally getting to understand how to play Genji.

Basically all I did was run around all game, picking at the flanks, trying to find stragglers to kill. If I had nothing else to do, I would poke away at tanks and try to lure them after me, at which point I would run away and try to waste their time as much as possible.

In general, I would run the heck away if the fight was even close to being fair, and only re-engaging if I had the drop on someone, or if they were weakened, searching for a health pack. Essentially I played annoying as hell, and ran back to safety or my team should the odds not be in my favor. I did a lot of running away, period.

Y?/N?

That's pretty much Genji. Target squishies and chip damage where you can. Never let them stay cohesive and reflect those widowmaker/bastion shots back on them.

• Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    Gotta love the flankers half across the map spamming requests for heals.
    See, I know what you'll do if I go over there to heal you . . . you'll mist/teleport/whatever out of there instantly, leaving me to fight the Winstons and Genjis that you never bothered to finish off.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    x6HFeUZ.jpg

This might be the new character introduction in the OP of thread 4.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I appreciate when people call for medic because sometimes they're behind me or just out of FoV

but then the only healer I really play is Zen so I'm usually busy shooting mans and need the reminder to shuffle my balls

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Man I having a lot less fun now that I've hit the 2nd tier for grouping. Lots more lopsided games and unfun char combos. Just had a game where we couldn't get out of the 2nd spawn on Hollywood as attackers.

Fondor_Yards on
  • Options
    When I go healer, I play Lucio and I stick close to the objective.

If you need healing, you should be near the objective. If you are near the objective, you're probably in my aura. Problem solved.

• Options
    Offensive bastion players are the worst. THE WORST. Gah.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Man I having a lot less fun now that I've hit the 2nd tier for grouping. Lots more lopsided games and unfun char combos. Just had a game where we couldn't get out of the 2nd spawn on Hollywood as attackers.

Related questions for anyone to answer, please:

How does one know what tier grouping is occurring to them?

Also, how does game handle pre made groups with varying levels of players?

• Options
    edited May 2016

Related questions for anyone to answer, please:

How does one know what tier grouping is occurring to them?

Also, how does game handle pre made groups with varying levels of players?

I think I hit it after 20 in the beta, 20-30 was almost all group play so I can't really say in the actual game. At 30 I'm certainly running into 59s and stuff. In general, you'll know it when you see it.

Fondor_Yards on
  • Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Heh, got to kill one of those D.Vas that emote after ulting, on Lucio. I love that trend :p

I really miss that random brawl. I'm pretty much stuck playing three heroes, unless there's a really good reason to switch. Torbjörn on defense, D.Va on offense, Lucio if no supports. I'd really like to learn Genji or something, but I don't want to lose because of that.

I'm rather proud that very few of my Torbjörn POTGs have featured me dead or hammering turret. Torbjörn's pistol is just as good at killing as the turret, or better.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    "I'll try pressing E, that's a good trick" McCree 2016

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I really hope that it's not matchmaking off player level, because that's an incredibly stupid system.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Also, more racist stuff about my tag. This community is completely delightful.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    sanstodo wrote: »

Fight me

No for real fight me I'll show you bastion is better on offense than defense.

Fight me

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options

Fight me

Fight me

Riding the payload doesn't count.

• Options

Fight me

Fight me

He's gimmicky and can be countered easily. Without team coordination, the gimmick fails immediately rather than after 1 go around.

• Options
    added myself to the list, friedrice#1814. Hope to see you on!

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular

The matchmaking was pretty awful when I was the level 15-25 range.

Past that, the game seems to group me with level 25+ almost exclusively, which has done a lot to alleviate the "half the is less than level 10 and the other team is all 20+", which obviously resulted in frequent and continues steamrolls.

And folks keep saying level doesn't matter, but honestly, it does. Somebody at level 10 has hardly had the chance to try out most of the characters on all the different maps at any kind of detail, versus somebody at 25 who at least knows things like picking Torb for attack a point is generally a pretty shitty idea.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »
    x6HFeUZ.jpg

"I need healing!"
    "I need healing!"
    "I need healing!"

I mean you say that but

I've had so many games as tank where I need to get my health back to go do my tanking thing and mercy is sitting there staring at me as she heals a full health mccree trying to snipe across the map

I'm not gonna spam it, but communication is good.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options

Past that, the game seems to group me with level 25+ almost exclusively, which has done a lot to alleviate the "half the is less than level 10 and the other team is all 20+", which obviously resulted in frequent and continues steamrolls.

And folks keep saying level doesn't matter, but honestly, it does. Somebody at level 10 has hardly had the chance to try out most of the characters on all the different maps at any kind of detail, versus somebody at 25 who at least knows things like picking Torb for attack a point is generally a pretty shitty idea.

You'd think. I saw a lvl 42 consistently pick torb for everything. I swear he was some sort of idiot-bot because he did nothing every game other than build turrets that were immediately destroyed.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    If I had my way I would retune McCree's flashbang to be an escape and a disable for your teammates to follow up on, but not a kill move for McCree. So that would mean a longer stun, but with a recovery time roughly equal to the stun duration.

• Options

You'd think. I saw a lvl 42 consistently pick torb for everything. I swear he was some sort of idiot-bot because he did nothing every game other than build turrets that were immediately destroyed.

Oh yeah, there's still idiots because you can't fix stupid.

But the problem is at least greatly reduced over having half the team being new to the game over people who have played it at least 20-30 hours.

• Options

Fight me

Fight me

He's gimmicky and can be countered easily. Without team coordination, the gimmick fails immediately rather than after 1 go around.

Nah he da best

sirtoons.png
This discussion has been closed.