As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch 3.0] Justice Rains From Above!

• Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    So my brother pulled off this sweet, sweet POTG as Torbjörn:

http://i.imgur.com/UxTptP7.webm

bJyxdJ5.jpg

• Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    Yo anyone on? Let's play: SuperRuper#1328

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »
    Blocking feels like it should earn more points.

Playing as Mei to try and diversify a bit from Lucio. She's incredibly useful, but most of her work tends to be in indirect ways. Blocking being worth more might help her (and Rein's) points/xp reflect their team contribution more accurately.

For me Mei's biggest strength is how durable she can be on a point/payload. If you need to keep the game in overtime or eke out a couple more % ice block/ice wall can usually keep you safe on the point for an annoying amount of time. Enemies waiting for you to become vulnerable are usually easy prey for your teammates coming back to the point as well.

Don't underestimate how much damage Mei can bring to the party. Icicles are no joke if you can head shot with them. Nothing quite so sweet as a Tracer coming up on you only to immediate hit the dirt after a head shot icicle.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Now I play D Va often but I don't know why pushing people off the map or off ledges it fun
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRYz5WBNme4

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i love that environmental kills are super valued for potg so that everyone gets to admire the boops

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have killed myself as well as a lot of people as Reinhardt as I do the shift rocket

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    snoot boops are good kills

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    As a Lúcio main: boops are life. Boops are civilization. A good boop calls for my set voice line -- can't stop, won't stop.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I kind of hate the boops. It seems to be the opposite of fun to die to a phara boop multiple times. Lucio? Sure, that's fine. But phara is the worst.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    As a Lúcio main: boops are life. Boops are civilization. A good boop calls for my set voice line -- can't stop, won't stop.

But.. but... that's how you get tinnitus!

• Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    I Reinhart vs Reinhardt off a map once and we both had shifted at each other. That was a good laugh.

Reminded me of two idiots I know irl... I may be one of them

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    I kind of hate the boops. It seems to be the opposite of fun to die to a phara boop multiple times. Lucio? Sure, that's fine. But phara is the worst.

But that's her bag. I mean her alt is literally a boop. My problem is I still don't pay enough attention to where people are standing to intentionally boop them off the side. Well, I RARELY pay that much attention. Life is much better as either a one man apocalypse or maintaining order.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    canuckont wrote: »
    I Reinhart vs Reinhardt off a map once and we both had shifted at each other. That was a good laugh.

Hah, in a PA group I got a PotG where two reinhardts did that, knocked each other down. So I, as roadhog, stood there watching it, laughed and killed the enemy reinhardt as he laid there stunned. Was a hilarious PotG to watch. I have no idea why the game picked it, but it was a good one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Using repeated Ult punches as Winston to knock a Zarya at the first checkpoint up to and off the cliffs on Gibraltar was a personal highlight from my weekend of play.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    Fonjo wrote: »

But.. but... that's how you get tinnitus!

I'm biased against the tinnitus option because my niece once broke a silence with, "I'm a good person. Why do I have tinnitus?" It really got me, and I'm disappointed Lúcio's voice line isn't somehow that.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Lucio does have the fantastic "Why are you so angry?" voice line, which I accept is the closest Blizzard could get to including "is only game, why you hef to be mad?"

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    ToyD wrote: »

But that's her bag. I mean her alt is literally a boop. My problem is I still don't pay enough attention to where people are standing to intentionally boop them off the side. Well, I RARELY pay that much attention. Life is much better as either a one man apocalypse or maintaining order.

Pharah's boops are cute and adorable, not like those gross boy boops of Lucio's.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Axen wrote: »

Pharah's boops are cute and adorable, not like those gross boy boops of Lucio's.

My boops have cooties. :bigfrown:

• Options
    give me potg for killing myself by losing track of where i am and blinking off the map

• Options
    SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
    I have this cognitive dissonance thing going with D.va. When I play her, I can't kill anyone and it seems like my DPS sucks. When I'm on the receiving end, she's a nightmare. Always turning up and DPSing me down and it seems like she's everywhere. I just haven't figured out how to play her I know, but dang a really good D.va, like most other characters, is a nightmare. I really need to learn her too because she's like my only char I've opened up a good skin for.

D.Va can do a ton of damage, but she needs to be close to her target because her machine-shotgun spread disperses really quickly. In fact everything she does, she does best in her enemy's face.

I do 2 things with her mainly: First, she's awesome at dislodging dug-in enemies like Bastion or Widow Maker because she can put up her shield and use her jets at the same time to fly in close for a kill. The cooldown on the jets is extremely low so frequently people will try to run away, but then you jet back up close and kill them.

Then she also plays the typical tank role by rolling in close and getting enemy attention by shooting, then putting up her shield for protection while (hopefully) the rest of her team provides supporting fire. Then once the shield goes down, get a couple more shots off while your HP is high and then turn around and jet back to safety. Obviously a Mercy supporting her can increase her longevity significantly.

Then of course there's the benefit that she doesn't die when the mech gets destroyed. Her pistol's really potent and I've probably scored as many kills outside the mech as in it, but of course you need to be way more careful.

bnet: Supagoat#1884
    Switch: 6589-6405-3399
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    On for matches, masume#1231 if anyone wants to avoid pubbing it. :P

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I find the secret to playing well with D.Va is remembering to come at enemies from oblique angles; taking advantage of WHERE her strong points on her armor are seems to be key. Don't dive at them from the front unless your barrier is up and ready to absorb all the hits. As her autocannons never run out of ammo you can be a very effective corner turret in tight rooms. Got damage? Zip off to where the health packs are.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Ya I watched a couple d.va videos. My biggest prob is goin g to be the same one I have with pharah. Learning to go up and use the openings up high.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Ya I watched a couple d.va videos. My biggest prob is goin g to be the same one I have with pharah. Learning to go up and use the openings up high.

Learning the flank routes is super great. The Hanamura balcony flank has a fat health pack on it, so it's great for retreating and healing, especially since a lot of characters can't follow you.

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    D.Va is also really effective in knocking aside Reinhardt, but the second he's on you with that hammer and you don't have any boost ready to escape with: you're dead.

"Zero Suit" mode can be awesome fire support if you help Soldier: 76, Symmetra, or Torbjorn with their own defense - the heal/shields/armor will keep you going until that next suit re-equip.

D.Va: Titanfall on a diet but without the wall-running to save you.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
    As long as you're not alone, I've found that Reinhardt tends to keep his shield up whenever I get in his face. The trick is if you get close enough you shoot him through the shield. He can't risk dropping it or your buddies will kill him while he hammers you

bnet: Supagoat#1884
    Switch: 6589-6405-3399
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Bit of a heads up; if you're running an AMD GPU and getting driver crashes, opening up the Battle.net client's settings and unchecking "Use browser hardware acceleration when available" apparently resolves that.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    Bit of a heads up; if you're running an AMD GPU and getting driver crashes, opening up the Battle.net client's settings and unchecking "Use browser hardware acceleration when available" apparently resolves that.

Thanks! That stupid launcher client was repeatedly crashing my video drivers.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    It's also funny how bad people are at objective based gameplay sometimes

Had a game yesterday or the day before on volskaya where we were attacking. i'm sitting there laughing as reinhardt while a junkrat and widowmaker are raining shots down on my shield from the walkways on B in addition to a torbjorn building turrets on the moving platforms as we cap the point and win because they apparently never thought to contest the point

Orphane on
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Heh that remind me of the other day I was spectating a full PA group and they all ran off the point, during an overtime they were losing, to kill like 1 reaper. I had a good laugh at that one.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    It's also funny how bad people are at objective based gameplay sometimes

Objectives? What are those?

Are they the thing I point my scope towards from as far away as possible?

Random pub game last night had first three picks of Hanzo, Hanzo, Hanzo. So fuck it, it became the all Hanzo show.

It didn't go great.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    canuckont wrote: »

Played a game yesterday where the opposing teams Reinhardt made it his duty to push my Reinhardt off cliffs...fucker did it 4 times...I think he was ignoring everything else just lying in wait for an opportunity to take us off the cliff.

STOP IT THELMA!

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    i don't get potg for standing on the point/payload

although i would laugh pretty hard if a potg was just someone riding the payload for 15-20 seconds while nothing happens, so blizzard, get on that

P10 on
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »

although i would laugh pretty hard if a potg was just someone riding the payload for 15-20 seconds while nothing happens, so blizzard, get on that

It would be a lot more deserving than whatever it is tracers do

Zing

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Some of my favorite plays so far have been with Roadhog.

There's just something super satisfying about getting a headshot with his right-click. Like, I just blew your fucking head off with a giant wad of scrap metal.

I've also had a couple occasions now where Lucio would boop me off a cliff and I'd hook him down with me. Yeah, I'm dead, but you're coming down with me! :twisted:

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    Orphane wrote: »

It would be a lot more deserving than whatever it is tracers do

Zing
    uh i got most eliminations because i did 2 damage to that guy while someone else killed him duh

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    Can someone with working voice chat post a pic of what their group screen should look like? I didn't even know the game had voice chat before yesterday since I've never heard it. Tried a bunch of stuff I found online to try and fix it...So far nothing. Would be nice to communicate with dinner if you fine PA folk.

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Karrde1842 wrote: »
    Can someone with working voice chat post a pic of what their group screen should look like? I didn't even know the game had voice chat before yesterday since I've never heard it. Tried a bunch of stuff I found online to try and fix it...So far nothing. Would be nice to communicate with dinner if you fine PA folk.

I talk to my food, too!

/brofistbump

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular

I've had some pretty tense moments crouching behind the payload and pushing it up to the point while both teams are gunning at each other. It wouldn't be that bad a POTG type.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    There will be green names showing in the top left of the people talking

Also people who are talking will have a mic symbol pop up over their characters

Assuming you already have voice chat working on your other programs make sure that in the sound options auto joining group voice chat is on in addition to voice chat being enabled

Orphane on
This discussion has been closed.