As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch 3.0] Justice Rains From Above!

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    The thing about offensive Bastion is that when it works, it fucking WORKS. You cut off their access to the objective and that's just it. You have to recognize immediately if it's not working though and give it up.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Suriko wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    x6HFeUZ.jpg

They should remove the "ask for heal" function from the chat commands menu. I can see the big cross over their dumb heads already.

"I need healing!"
    "I need healing!"
    "I need healing!"
    "Well I need to be less dead, but we can't have everything in life, can we?"

I mean you say that but

I've had so many games as tank where I need to get my health back to go do my tanking thing and mercy is sitting there staring at me as she heals a full health mccree trying to snipe across the map

I'm not gonna spam it, but communication is good.

I had a mercy today who would do nothing but heal the tank. Never saw her heal anyone else if the tank was up, and never saw her use damage boost. It was pretty infuriating since we were essentially down like 3/4ths of a player.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I use the "need heal" button frequently, especially when I'm playing somebody who would really like to be back at full health to do cheeky things. Or if we have a symmetra on our team, because pub symmetras don't like to use shields except at the very first setup, if then.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Glad to know avoid works! There was a douche in my game so I go to avoid him, but I already have.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Just got my 2nd Bastion legendary skin. This unlock system is dumb. I don't even enjoy playing Bastion. Those skins are going completely to waste. Meanwhile, the dudes who I actually play have nothing.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I have matched onto precisely one team of people who knew what they were doing at all tonight. This is fucking awful. Just team after team of people who run around the map like it's TDM, die in the enemy's base, and then bitch when we lose.

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    We had some fun PA on PA violence tonight though!

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    That one Tracer quad kill you had, though. Jeez. I was surprised it didn't get potg.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    That one Tracer quad kill you had, though. Jeez. I was surprised it didn't get potg.

Thanks :) She's my favorite character by far, and I've been improving a lot. You guys played really well, was fun!

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Funny thing I realized with Tracer. She is the poster girl for Overwatch, easily the fan favorite, and probably one of the first heroes new people see in action doing cool shit. However, she is one of the hardest to play, takes a fair amount of skill to play decently, and if you want to be really fantastic you're gonna need to know the maps and have a fair amount of various hero knowledge.

But man, a Tracer in the hands of a talented and skilled player is the single most annoying/amazing thing in the game IMHO. Even over any character I might think is OP or has cheap abilities/gimmicks nothing makes me pull my hair out like a fantastic Tracer.

I, however, am not a fantastic Tracer. :razz:

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    I use the "need heal" button frequently, especially when I'm playing somebody who would really like to be back at full health to do cheeky things. Or if we have a symmetra on our team, because pub symmetras don't like to use shields except at the very first setup, if then.

I dont mind it as a healer as long as you dont spam it incessantly

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

I dont mind it as a healer as long as you dont spam it incessantly

Oh and don't bother using it if you're a million miles away from the team.

I'm sorry flankers and skirmishers I know you're doing your job, but you're on your own.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Just had a game where the other team was taunting about how easy it was to win because we had 4 Junkrats (as far as I'm aware, it was NOT planned), a Mercy, and whatever character I used (and I was swapping often), in Lijang. Then the Mercy started complaining about carrying the team when I'm pretty sure she didn't heal anybody near me.

Yeah, I'm done for a while I think.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular

be sure to press the ult status button too! syncing up ults is pretty important

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e71_CAaBaRE

I see your dead Torb potg and raise you this!

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    Best moment today was when I was bombarding Reinhardt's shield as Pharah, and my team, instead of waiting for it to go down, kept running straight into bastion fire and dying over and over again. Sigh.

• Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Funny thing I realized with Tracer. She is the poster girl for Overwatch, easily the fan favorite, and probably one of the first heroes new people see in action doing cool shit. However, she is one of the hardest to play, takes a fair amount of skill to play decently, and if you want to be really fantastic you're gonna need to know the maps and have a fair amount of various hero knowledge.

But man, a Tracer in the hands of a talented and skilled player is the single most annoying/amazing thing in the game IMHO. Even over any character I might think is OP or has cheap abilities/gimmicks nothing makes me pull my hair out like a fantastic Tracer.

Last night I was playing again one on Temple of Anubis that singlehandedly kept us around spawn. The rest of her team was on point A and she was just dashing around killing us with impunity. It was amazing. I even remember their name, but I'm not sure about posting people's handles without consent so I'll refrain.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    ok so I went through and added a bunch of names from the google doc. But its seriously over 200 names at this point, I cant manually add that many, lol.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    ok so I went through and added a bunch of names from the google doc. But its seriously over 200 names at this point, I cant manually add that many, lol.

You couldn't add that anyway! Bnet friends list caps at 200.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    SuperRuper wrote: »

Last night I was playing again one on Temple of Anubis that singlehandedly kept us around spawn. The rest of her team was on point A and she was just dashing around killing us with impunity. It was amazing. I even remember their name, but I'm not sure about posting people's handles without consent so I'll refrain.

If it was a public game I say do it. I need to know who to go "Oh shit!" about!

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    Ok so I was trying to play with PA people from AUS in my time zone (I'm currently working in China but still technically on the Americas server). Will it work if I just change the servers to Asia/Oceanic in the launcher?

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    SuperRuper wrote: »

It's also not like anyone could harass them since we don't have the numbers at the end of their handle.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Discovered something this evening while playing with other PA folks (learned entirely by accident by accidentally blocking people in an entryway): It seems Mei's ice block will block Junkrat's RIP-tire and D.Va's ult. Now, I'm not talking about saving Mei's life and protecting her from the damage of those two abilities. That bit's obvious. No, what I'm talking about is that Mei become LoS cover for teammates to hide behind when the tire or D.Va's mech explodes.

I might be mistaken...but that's what it looked like from what I saw.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Discovered something this evening while playing with other PA folks (learned entirely by accident by accidentally blocking people in an entryway): It seems Mei's ice block will block Junkrat's RIP-tire and D.Va's ult. Now, I'm not talking about saving Mei's life and protecting her from the damage of those two abilities. That bit's obvious. No, what I'm talking about is that Mei become LoS cover for teammates to hide behind when the tire or D.Va's mech explodes.

I might be mistaken...but that's what it looked like from what I saw.

That's 100% correct.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I've heard this can happen, but I've never seen it either in game or on a stream. It's beautiful.

https://gfycat.com/WebbedDentalCleanerwrasse

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    In fact one of the easiest ways to get the achieve for Mei's ice wall taking a ton of damage is to block a D.Va nuke.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    The rip tire can climb over the ice wall, though, right?

• Options
    I've heard this can happen, but I've never seen it either in game or on a stream. It's beautiful.

oh my god I just realized reflecting hanzo's ult is exactly what genji did in the short

how did I not draw that connection before

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I don't usually play Bastion, but they had a lot of HP and we got rolled up the first 3/4ths of the map, so I said fuck it let's give this a try.

https://gfycat.com/ImpishTautEider

Pew pew pew. Killed the Zarya after, but I think it was a bit too slow to get the PotG, soldier 76 had a quad kill.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

I believe so.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

oh my god I just realized reflecting hanzo's ult is exactly what genji did in the short

how did I not draw that connection before

Unfortunately, he can't deflect it ingame once the dragons materialize. Although it would be cool if his ult animation had a hidden trigger to to so (although... it would probably not be very fair, due to not being predictable at all, and then you have ulting Genji carving you up AND Dragonstrike denying area)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    6JnXzeI.jpg

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Hooking an ulting Phara high above is now on my "this is awesome!" list

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    I had a hilarious interaction with Lucio as Genji on Lijiang tower. We were on the map with the central control point in a temple-like building in the back streets. Lucio booped me off the map and assumed I was dead. I managed to double jump back onto the wall and climb up to safety, at which point I shurikenned his dreads off.

Also, I am abysmal at using his ult. Maybe get one or two kills each time. I literally lose track of my targets. So sad.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    On the other end of the scale being hooked as a leaping Winston is decidedly not awesome.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    My second POTG ever (since launch) was actually me as Mei doing the highest level of trolling attainable in a game (wasn't even my ult or anything.)

In fact, as soon as I pick Mei, my brain goes into a special mode where all it thinks is "how can I ruin someone's afternoon today?"

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »

I believe so.

Yes, it absolutely can. Which is why I was kind of surprised that my teammates who hid behind my ice blocked body survived the blast. I thought I was being a selfish asshole for ice blocking and surviving...but then I saw the people clustering behind me and chuckled a bit in relief.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    vhpYIcM.jpg

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    preview videos seem to have fooled most of the players that the best time to use pharah ult is hovering undefended above the whole enemy team

• Options
    InqInq Registered User regular
    I was in a couple different groups with PA folks this evening, and ended up disconnecting out of both. Apparently my computer has decided to have system issues of some sort and blue screen at a troubling frequency. Sorry about the disconnects, I'll be doing my penance in Windows Restore/Reinstall Hell.

This discussion has been closed.