As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ARK: Survival Evolved] New Server at end of August

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    BitTWist wrote: »
    So what will be the best way to get my land dinos from the blue obelisk, to tropical island north? I'm interested in building on the cove there. I have never ventured into water dinos or even going into the water for resources.

To the best of my knowledge, Brontos are right out, as they have no stamina to make it (unless they regain stamina upon dismount). Same with most other freaking huge dinos. However, Mammoths, and basically anything else of medium or small size can be boated or flown (mainly via quetz) anywhere you want, really, provided you don't dismount in mid-air and they fall to parts unknown.

Would the Bridges mod we'll be using solve this problem?

I think it might.

At the very least you should be able to swim them to the mainland, then back over to the other island.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Wasn't it that downloads/uploads on The Island were separate from The Center? So only things stored on the center could be downloaded on the center?

EDIT: And when is the end of the world party again?

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Wasn't it that downloads/uploads on The Island were separate from The Center? So only things stored on the center could be downloaded on the center?

Party starts at 5pm on the 5th (that's Sunday) and goes until whenever. Beer and fireworks and any extra gear and bps you want that I have. Might also suggest that we run around the newb island with the gear in the bins and kill stuff as a group or something, just for shits and giggles.

Also, I have a raft (where most of the freebies now are) that is big enough to probably boat us all over to the ob when we're ready, though the swim or the walk down to the bridge and up to the ob is generally safe as well.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options

Yes but additionally anything uploaded ON the Center vanishes.

They're working on it.

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Ok I wont be able to attend the party, as I have somewhere to be every Sunday evening. So I'll probably just upload my character sometime later today.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

They're working on it.

But not every time

I had a bunch of wood dissapear, but then when I went to make sure that was actually what happened last night, things uploaded fine from The Center.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Early notes for the patch after this one
    Upcoming Version: v243, ETA: June 22
    - New Creature: Titanosaurus
    - New Item: Gas Mask
    - New Item: Chain Bola Ammo for Ballista Turret
    - Breeding Mechanics Phase 3: Random Mutations and Family Trees
    - Biome Update: Snow Extension & New Redwood Forests (this is a major environmental overhaul!)
    - Ruins & Explorer Notes
    [MORE NOTES TO COME]

Biome changes got pushed back

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I really hope the server doesn't patch right away.. Quetz are starving to death in record time.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    I really hope the server doesn't patch right away.. Quetz are starving to death in record time.

It patches when the admin patches it, generally speaking. And until they fix this bug, I'd suggest the server not be updated. 242.1 claims Quetz food is fine now, but there are still folks official and not having problems with them as well as all other fliers.

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    It might be better at this point to wait until we're on the new server, unless people can't log in to the old one to upload.

• Options
    It might be better at this point to wait until we're on the new server, unless people can't log in to the old one to upload.

I still have my best Quetz and a shitload of food and my last gear to upload, and I'm already patched, so there's no getting on for me until the old server patches.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

They're working on it.

Wait what?

SHIT! I have a bunch of things in a tiny house in my Center single player stored! I won't be able to reupload them, then?

Also, what's this about quetzes dying? I didn't ob my quetz yet! He was helping me ferry all my shit!

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    RayzerbeamRayzerbeam Registered User regular
    Trying to log into Ark to finish uploading and our server isnt showing up...anyone else having problems?

• Options
    Yeah, same happened to me. I assumed it was the patch differential. If the server didn't get the latest patch because of that Quetz death problem people were mentioning before, we won't be able to access it, since we're in different game versions than the server.

• Options
    RayzerbeamRayzerbeam Registered User regular
    I knew I should have finished last night like I originally planned :(

• Options
    I had suggested Karoz not update the server until the problem was assuredly resolved, and it sounds like with good reason, given that at least two of us have Quetz we need to still store sitting on the server.

• Options
    I am real glad I uploaded my Quetz already.

I should probably feed my remaining argent so I have a ride to the Ob.

• Options
    I still have a pile of items to ferry too. And I should make a new generator, and cables and fridges and shit, so I can set up faster once I eventually decide where the hell I want to do so.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Assuming it's fixed I'll update the server by tonight.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Man I don't usually go in for the survival style games, but dinosaurs is really intriguing me. How likely is this to run on an old gaming laptop with a 1GB GTX 460M? The system requirements seem to indicate that it should work, but those aren't always 100% accurate, or indicative of a game being actually playable, as opposed to technically running.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Depends how low you wanna go on settings

Your best bet is to try the game and if it runs like crap you can do a Steam refund

• Options
    I haven't seen any further updates so I assume the problem is fixed. Server is updated and back up.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    I just finished working on some stuff so I'll log in and take a look.

-edit-

Flew my argent around a bit, it seemed fine.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    My quetz gets slightly more nomnomy on food when flying, but not much more than normal now. However, it did go from 2706 carry weight to somewhere around 2536. If my others in storage don't rebalance when taken out, my one at 2600ish will be the highest carry I have for Quetz, but otherwise, All looks good.

And besides, with changing up the follow distance, I could probably take a flock of Quetz out for hauling missions.

I should really make some time to explore the new map. I'd like to join up and make a big base with multiple people who plan on playing semi-consistently, at least, if that sounds kosher to anyone else. Especially if you're interested in a centralized base with an egg farm and breeding area. :wink:

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    So... apparently the leeches 'swamp fever' disease is absolutely horrible.

Frigging called it. as soon as i saw that dossier i said to myself 'that sounds fucking horrible, it will be broken as fuck.'

Such an awesome game but sometimes they seriously take one step forward and then fucking dive off a cliff.

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    It's been forever since I played, but the swamp sounds horrible. Leeches, disease, tons of snakes, swarming bugs, and unfavorable terrain.

Is there at least something valuable in the swamps to reward people for wading through all of that?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    It's been forever since I played, but the swamp sounds horrible. Leeches, disease, tons of snakes, swarming bugs, and unfavorable terrain.

Is there at least something valuable in the swamps to reward people for wading through all of that?

You can harvest rare flowers from the grass and rare mushrooms from the trees . . . and frogs which get tons of cementing paste, though with beaver dams that's kind of pointless.
    Also, you forgot to mention the crocodiles you can't see until they run from the water to nibble on your human bits.
    Basically, if you are in the swamp and not on a high level plant eater or huge burly meat eater, or way overleveled frog, I'm not sure why you're there.

• Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    Did this latest patch fix the Island/Center obelisk issues? Is it safe to transfer stuff from The Island to The Center now?

• Options
    The newest point patch fixes a lot of the issues that people seem to be having with leeches, as well as any lingering issues with Quetz food consumption.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    So turns out i'm probably not going to be around on Sunday so i'll upload my character on my own later today. Is there anything else I need to do to make sure her/my stuff is available for the new map, or is uploading the only thing?

• Options
    Just uploading.

If they haven't fixed the download issues before Sunday I will also post instructions for copying your inventory over to the 'Center Inventory'. Just keep in mind you should get stuff out of there as soon as possible. I'll have more details for everyone tomorrow night.

• Options
    I have just posted the first challenge.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/35227387/#Comment_35227387

Now would be the time for people to start thinking about how they are going to organize on the new server. One giant tribe in multiple locations? Several smaller tribes?

Post here by Monday at 12 noon to let me know who is in your team/tribe.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Megatribe would probably be best for logistical/communication purposes, but tribe clusters feels more personal.

Have they added any sort of thing where tribes can band together into alliances? Could possibly go that way, sit in an alliance for shared chat and stuff, then if we ever do PvP events we can break off into separate groups.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    I always played as a solo on the old server. Was just going to do that again.

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Megatribe would probably be best for logistical/communication purposes, but tribe clusters feels more personal.

Have they added any sort of thing where tribes can band together into alliances? Could possibly go that way, sit in an alliance for shared chat and stuff, then if we ever do PvP events we can break off into separate groups.

There are indeed alliances. I'd prefer to join up with as many of the old Warboyz as possible in a new Tribe, but can also see things like joining alliances again with the folks of Cakeburg/town if they decide to be their own tribe again.

Ideally, I'd prefer to link up with at least 5-10 folks who more or less don't mind a little bit of shared building space, and who may let me just construct things while they go do other stuffs.

In fact, perhaps now would be the perfect time to list what we'd like to do in form:
    Preference: Tribe (5-10+ players)
    Preferred Activities: Building, Farming (crop growing/harvesting, poop harvesting/fert manufacture, egg retrieval, cooking), Breeding/Tending Babies.
    Activities I Don't Mind Doing: Light Harvesting, Team Taming, Meat Hunting.
    Things I Prefer Not To Do: Exploring Solo, Taming Solo, Cave Spelunking Solo, Heavy Harvesting (i.e. hour long oil/metal/etc gathering sessions).

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I don't think i'll want to do a solo thing again. I'm not great at building so my base was a monstrosity. I'd really just like to go out and harvest stuff on my own, bring it back to a shared location, and see amazing things pop up from the stored resources.

I left before the whole breeding thing was implemented, so I don't really know how i'll enjoy that. I do hate the whole kibble thing as a requirement to avoid tames that take all day, but if the resources are there I don't mind spending an hour or so helping out with one.

• Options
    azhaisazhais Registered User regular
    Odds are I'm just going to build a small shack on a mountain someplace with enough room for me and Brutus and just occasionally hang out, so likely going solo for now anyway.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Holy SHIT, thank god I popped in to finish caravaning my dinos, instead of tomorrow as was originally the plan. My Quetz was at less than 1K HP and dropping fast. Thankfully I hadn't stored Lady Winsborough yet, so we went on a quick murder spree to feed the bird enough to keep it healthy in the trek to the obelisk.

Anyway, everything irreplaceable is now in the obelisk, as well as my rarest materials (pearls and stuff) and basic building necessities (foundations and walls and a bed and shit, as well as a generator and refining forge) and such. So I uploaded my character. I can finally relax about the whole thing, and just come back when I have free time. Pity I couldn't store all the raw materials I had, but carrying all that shit to the obelisk would have taken days. I had like 3K metal ingots stored so as to not need to scrounge for a while!

In any case, as for tribes, I would indeed prefer to be part of a tribe again. I tend to have irregular hours and thus work fairly solo (also, I love having a crowd of personal pets. Let's be honest, I hate survival games, I'm here because of the dinosaurs :P), but having the option of being helped and help in return is a thing I don't mind. So I expect I'll join whatever the new Warboys are.

Drascin on
  • Options
    azhais wrote: »
    Odds are I'm just going to build a small shack on a mountain someplace with enough room for me and Brutus and just occasionally hang out, so likely going solo for now anyway.

*eyes narrow* That traitorous bird better not still be alive.