As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ARK: Survival Evolved] New Server at end of August

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    azhais wrote: »
    Odds are I'm just going to build a small shack on a mountain someplace with enough room for me and Brutus and just occasionally hang out, so likely going solo for now anyway.

*eyes narrow* That traitorous bird better not still be alive.

Brutus always loved you.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    As much as I prefer solo play in general, this game's "stand around for a few hours shoving food and drugs into a dinosaur until it loves you" combined with "have fun getting enough materials to do anything meaningful without a properly tuned dino" is the reason I stopped playing the first time around. So I think I will be going for being part of a halfway sizable tribe this go. Jolly Cooperation and all.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I'm still salty about mosasaurs needing quetzal kibble.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Aistan wrote: »

Don't be. I have over 150 units of it in storage waiting for use in the new world.

Edit: provided taking food over still works. Budd, have you tried it since it turned into an official mod?

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Don't be. I have over 150 units of it in storage waiting for use in the new world.

Edit: provided taking food over still works. Budd, have you tried it since it turned into an official mod?

It's more that it was the end of my experiment of trying to do everything at least once by myself. I was never gonna get a Quetzal on my own, and then the amount of eggs i'd need for a Mosasaur would have taken forever on top of that.

I get it's not really a solo game, that's just how I had been playing it. At least that method lasted me for 450 hours.

Now after the break i'm ready to try a different style, mostly working with people. Maybe i'll get another 450, or more, out of that.

Sucks that you can't store water creatures though. Going to need to rebuild my armada definitely.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Let me tell you the tale of how Karoz solo tamed a Quetz...

• Options
    I know a few people solo tamed a quetz. I hear it was a pain in the ass.

• Options
    Oh I could have too, as long as it was level <30.

• Options
    GashikGashik Office Communist Registered User regular
    Pencil me in on the "be in a big communal tribe" column. I'd much prefer to help a group with stuff, rather than try setting up my own base solo. Only things I'd probably stay away from are breeding and egg/kibble farming. Both of those are a good way for me to claw my eyes out.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

I haven't because that's when the item transfer broke.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Well, I am super glad I got paranoid about my items in the obelisk and put them all in Single Player.
    The inventory was only showing me my items after I put new items in.
    And now my transfers are really broken, things I put in will just vanish 30 seconds later, and adding new things doesn't make them show back up, wooo!

• Options
    azhaisazhais Registered User regular
    if you've got nothing in the transfer you care about just delete the save. Same thing happened to me a while ago and just purging it and starting over solved the problem

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Oh boy. I have a LOT of things I care about in the Obelisk right now. I hope things are okay.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Server is live. Details in OP

I just got back from a whole day of travel, so I am waiting to upload myself until sometime Sunday afternoon.

Dino transfers seem to be working, I cannot test item transfers because my item transfer is borked. Keep in mind again that uploading FROM The Center may still be broken. Consider it a one-way transfer until proven otherwise.

I highly recommend spawning on 'Tropical Island South' initially. The spawns there seem to generally be pretty tame, and its the closest, safest place to spawn in for getting to an obelisk quickly.

Probably a good idea to set up basecamps around Blue Ob there to store things/dinos until people find their new homes.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Spawned in on Jungle south, after a couple deaths i managed to make it to the Blue Obelisk Island... built a raft and unclaimed it on the main island along the beach for anyone else who wants to make the trip across to Blue Obelisk, just take it back to the 'main' island and unclaim it after you've finished.

Edit: I'm going to just go ahead and use some of my stored materials to make some wooden bridges that can be replaced/upgraded later on... they are actually fairly cheap apart from the one random rare mushroom needed...

Bridges are set-up... you should be able to get even a mosa under them but i didn't have any to test.

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Oh boy new server time. I'll hop on after work and we can see if that namechange thing works.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • Options
    Heroth wrote: »
    Spawned in on Jungle south, after a couple deaths i managed to make it to the Blue Obelisk Island... built a raft and unclaimed it on the main island along the beach for anyone else who wants to make the trip across to Blue Obelisk, just take it back to the 'main' island and unclaim it after you've finished.

Edit: I'm going to just go ahead and use some of my stored materials to make some wooden bridges that can be replaced/upgraded later on... they are actually fairly cheap apart from the one random rare mushroom needed...

Bridges are set-up... you should be able to get even a mosa under them but i didn't have any to test.

People should be able to spawn directly on that island as well.

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Heroth wrote: »

People should be able to spawn directly on that island as well.

Ah... i died four or so times to see if you could spawn there to no avail... i guess it'll help with transporting dinosaurs that don't swim well at least...

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    I don't think I'll be doing the tribe group build because I still want to be able to build whatever I want. But I DO want to be relatively close to the rest of the tribe, unlike last time where I was literally on the other side of the map.

Or maybe that's actually better so if you're on the other side, you have a place to log out safely.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Also I was going to fly around the Center in SP, but every time I try to start on that map it quits to the main menu. I deleted the mod though and validated game cache through steam. Not sure what's going on.

EDIT: Nevermind, re-downloaded everything and it works now.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Is the old server down? Thought it was supposed to be up til tomorrow

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Errr....yeah I can't even log in to streamline servers.

@WIckedkarma did something happen?

• Options
    Karoz wrote: »
    Errr....yeah I can't even log in to streamline servers.

@WIckedkarma did something happen?

I hope not. I hadn't uploaded myself yet. :eek:

• Options
    I have a temporary thatch shack set up on blue obelisk island right by the end of the wooden bridge. All of it is unlocked so feel free to use it. There are some supplies in the crates.

Off to do chores then probably play more. Feels good to be back.

Still no word on the old server though.

• Options
    If I really have to start all the way back at level one, I have some doubts as to my immediate return to the game . . .

• Options
    I setup shop at 88,53

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hopefully it's just a hiccup on the hosts end. @WIckedkarma will let us know whats up.

• Options
    If I really have to start all the way back at level one, I have some doubts as to my immediate return to the game . . .

Worst case you could just start in single player and addxp yourself back to whatever level you were

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Man, glad I got everything uploaded and items placed in single player last weekend. Sent my video card in last week because I've been having some fan issues and it's looking like it'll be at least another week before I get it back so if I'm lucky all the item transfer stuff between The Island and The Center will be sorted by then too.

As far as tribe stuff goes I'm not too interested in communal living and definitely want to set up my own place somewhere but I would like to contribute to outpost type stuff especially in areas that are rich in different resources. Things like that industrial forge that was set up at the volcano. I actually kind of enjoy throwing on a podcast or some Netflix from time to time and just going nuts gathering a bunch of materials so I'm definitely willing to toss some of that towards building projects.

I'm also down to get involved in group tames of bigger stuff or just exploring on the new map with folks that don't want to go into areas like caves or underwater all by themselves.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Unless we hear back from Wicked in the next 15m I am taking down the server to increase the XP multiplier to like, 10x for the first few weeks.

• Options
    azhais wrote: »

Worst case you could just start in single player and addxp yourself back to whatever level you were

I suppose that is indeed true.

• Options
    Whee, downloading the center because I didn't realize they had it billed as a DLC instead of just being rolled straight into the main game.

• Options
    So I very slowly got the ground floor to my workshop setup an placed the industrial forge. I can only transfer over 150 items at a time. Not 150 stacks mind you, just 150 items. So 1.5 stacks in most cases.

Again, I'm at 88,53. I'm ok doing the community thing, I just want to build the workshop and kitchen. Some one else can have the barns/farms/hatchery/etc.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Alright, XP multiplier boosted.

I'll put it back to a lower level in a few weeks or if the old server comes up so we can transfer.

• Options
    I'll be back wednesday so i'll pop in then, see what all you've got going on. I assuming i'll mostly be cohabitating with Kalnaur considering how much our interests for this new server seem to compliment each other.

I don't remember what my dinos were since I stored them way back when, but it was before breeding was added so they are just the normal tamed ones. I'll probably get out my spino just for general travel, but may leave the rest in, depending on how far it is from the base location to the nearest obelisk.

• Options
    Right then, admin namechanging magic was successful. Has there been decided upon locations for group-based stuff yet? No sense unpacking my stuff from the ob until I know where I'm heading.

• Options
    I haven't even really explored the new island, so I'm not sure where group things will be, but I'm cool with hanging around with Neo and Ais and whatever other folks want to get their tribal base on. I've already got a 2x2x2 set of metal structures and a box to store an emergency pair of clothing/equipment in the Ob, ready for some probing. I should also try and hit up a saddle and a large, flying whatever to scout the place with.

Anyone have any preferences? I'd like to hit up a place for a base near a lake, river, or ocean, just to have the water/irrigation problem solved.

Also, according to Wicked, who is mondo busy at the moment, the old server went down a few hours ago, to his surprise. That means the End of the World party at World's End is bye-bye. :sad:

But he does have the save files from the server, so if he can find a way to get them to folks, we can use the old files in a new place.

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Also, according to Wicked, who is mondo busy at the moment, the old server went down a few hours ago, to his surprise. That means the End of the World party at World's End is bye-bye. :sad:

That is incredibly annoying, I'd had my quetz loaded up for my final trip to World's End and then the Obelisk when I logged off last night.
    All my other dinos made it out at least.

• Options
    Anyone have any preferences? I'd like to hit up a place for a base near a lake, river, or ocean, just to have the water/irrigation problem solved.
    My spot is on the beach. Nothing there yet except the beginnings of a workshop, and a little house on the beach itself. Probably going to set up a perimeter fence line tomorrow night. I really need to setup storage though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SutibunRi wrote: »

That is incredibly annoying, I'd had my quetz loaded up for my final trip to World's End and then the Obelisk when I logged off last night.
    All my other dinos made it out at least.

Yeah, I'm glad I stored all the rest of my stuff lasterday, excluding myself. :sad: