Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

11718192022

Posts

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    edited April 21
    The group seems skeptical, but in the end, they have a hard time arguing with the offer. "Drive a hard bargain, brother. I wouldn't go flashing that to them boys up the block though, they'll bitch slap you with it." This said while JT runs a thumb over the taken bill. "I ain't seen photo op there, but some guys in black drop by from time to time, mostly ask for dirt on the local scene. They just look kind of... boring, I guess, nothing special about 'em. That guy there, he'd stand out instantly and get jacked before he made it down the street."

    cj iwakura on
    GNKPlZ6.png
    The autopsy is the means through which all is revealed.
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny frowns and leans forward. "Weird, random question. Is the homeless population around here what you'd expect? Any standouts maybe seem too nutty or kinda wrong?" It was a long shot, and he didn't expect results, but Danny was starting to feel like his neck was on the line, so it seemed like a straw worth grasping.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    That gives the man cause to consider the question, though he seems more fixated with the easy money than giving it any real thought. "Not really, nah, those guys keep to themselves around here, some of them are our best customers."

    GNKPlZ6.png
    The autopsy is the means through which all is revealed.
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny nods in thanks, allowing the others to continue with their own lines of questioning, the confined space of the vehicle starting to itch at his brain a little.

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    “Good enough for me,” Bulldog said, handing the extra c-notes to both of them. In addition, he gives them his number.

    “If you see photo op or the boring guys in black, give that number a call. There’ll be more cash in it for you. But let’s keep this talk between us. It’ll be safer for everyone, yeah?” he added.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "More for you, anyway" Max mutters, as he keeps a look out for indication their presence has sparked some kind of warning.

    Geth roll 7d10o10h8 (Aus+Street+Perc)

    (Aus+Street+Perc):
    7d10o10h8 3 [7d10o10h8=6, 8, 7, 9, 8, 3, 5]

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "Yeah, we get ya. We'll drop a line if we hear something, maybe. Now scram, you're crampin' our style."

    @Fencingsax
    Your group definitely has the block's attention, especially that of a slow-moving convertible that's making its way closer to the SUV. It's being driven by two lowlifes and has three others in the back.

    GNKPlZ6.png
    The autopsy is the means through which all is revealed.
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited April 24
    "Let's go." Bulldog says.

    Once they pull away, he says. "Let's head to the museum, this feels like a distraction at best. Unless one of you has a better idea. Can any of you tell me whose in the back of that convertible?"

    Boozer on
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Museum's fine by me. Less you want to see about getting new wheels first?" Danny tries to recall what other buildings were around the museum, before realizing he can just google it. Probably no real witnesses but maybe there would be somewhere with a camera on the street. "Just hope it's not a dead end."

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    The van has no difficulty leaving behind the slow-moving car. It seemed more of a warning than any real threat. It doesn't take long to realize that the museum appears to be cordoned off by barricades and a very bored-looking beat cop, more attentive to his phone than anyone who'd want to visit a museum at that time of night.

    GNKPlZ6.png
    The autopsy is the means through which all is revealed.
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Park a couple of blocks away. Everyone knows this damn machine on sight at this point." Danny gets out of the vehicle and looks to the others. "I guess I'll start scouting ahead, maybe get a feel for the area before we all walk into an ambush." Walking casually but quietly, Danny starts heading in the direction of the museum. He tries to stay unnoticed as he watches for anything of a supernatural nature, as well as more human points of interest. What buildings have cameras pointed at the street in front of the museum? Which stores, if any, are open at this hour? Any people around other than the cop in the vicinity? Danny stops a fair distance before reaching the cordon. No point getting too close until the others were ready.
    geth roll 5d10o10h8 for Remaining Unseen (Obf1,Ste2,Wit2)
    geth roll 8d10o10h8 for Spotting the Supernatural (Aus2,Ale3,Per3)
    geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Looking for Other Stuff (Ale3,Per3)

    Remaining Unseen (Obf1,Ste2,Wit2):
    5d10o10h8 1 [5d10o10h8=2, 2, 5, [10, 6], 7]
    Spotting the Supernatural (Aus2,Ale3,Per3):
    8d10o10h8 3 [8d10o10h8=1, 8, 5, 1, [10, 4], 7, 4, 9]
    Looking for Other Stuff (Ale3,Per3):
    6d10o10h8 0 [6d10o10h8=2, 7, 5, 2, 1, 1]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    The street may as well be abandoned apart from the police officer. Most nearby businesses are closed at the hour, apart from a 24/7 convenience store that seems to be more frequented by junkies and vagrants than customers. If the area has any form of digital recording, it isn't immediately clear, apart from the obvious traffic light cameras.

    GNKPlZ6.png
    The autopsy is the means through which all is revealed.
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny returns to the others and lets them know what little he found, so they can decide the best course of action.

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "Is anyone friends with the Pigs?
    Maybe we can use their connection to the camera rigs
    And track our friend as he moved through the city
    Or we can start looking by hand, which would be a pity."

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "We'd best be careful. At some point, we're going to start attracting unwanted attention. Someone will notice we're wherever the destruction happened. Not to mention our friend at the docks"

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    "I can try and make something up, see if I can get a look at the cameras? Maybe invent some sort of theft and plead to see if they caught it on camera?" Alex taps his hands on the wheel impatiently. Danny's comment about everyone knowing what their vehicle looked like hit a little too close to home to some of the concerns he was having as well.

    "Or, we can just be honest and say we're looking for someone and really need to find him."

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Well I suppose if one or two wanted to keep the cop occupied, the stealthy types could try to make it inside. If so, any suggestions what we should be looking for outside of the security office?" Danny shuffles a little, not particularly fond of staying put for too long at this point. "The other angle is the convenience store. It would have been open at the time, possibly with the same person running the counter as right now, and we did make something of a ruckus."

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    The officer appears oblivious to the figure that had come and gone, not to mention everything around him. Another boring stakeout of an uneventful place. It would likely take a bomb going off nearby to get his attention.

    GNKPlZ6.png
    The autopsy is the means through which all is revealed.
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited June 3
    "Good ideas," Bulldog said. "Let's stick together. Alex can try and sweet talk the convenience store clerk into letting us look at their video for our missing friend."

    "After that we'll see about getting past rent-a-cop over there. Maybe we bribe one of the bums in front of the store to make a distraction for us," the biker added.

    Boozer on
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    "Works for me," Alex nods " I'll head over and see if we can get something."

    Alex exits the vehicle and walks over to the convenience store, slowing down before he reaches the door to put on a face of despair and hopelessness. He walks in, and makes a line directly for the counter, all but collapsing onto it in front of the clerk working the night shift. "Please, you gotta help me. I had a friend who went missing last night somewhere around here. We've checked everywhere, and we've even called the cops, but someone mentioned that you're cameras might have caught something. Is there any chance at all that we could take a look at them, see if we can get a sighting of him and see where he might have gone?" Alex catches the clerks eyes and projects his desperation, "Please, he might be in trouble."
    Geth, roll 8d10o10h7 for Charisma+Empathy+Presence

    Charisma+Empathy+Presence:
    8d10o10h7 6 [8d10o10h7=3, 3, 8, [10, 2], 4, [10, 6], [10, 9], 9]

  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Deke frowns. "The clumsy 'feratu duo burned my blue connection, which I will have to re-establish," Deke replies to Lizzy. He lets the others take point here, though. His realm is favors, connections, clout, and parties. With the things Bulldog has been trying to teach him, he's realizing that he'll have to learn the grittier side of being a vampire, but for now is content to watch competent coterie members work their skills. Then again they did just do the whole illicit meeting on a pier thing from ridiculous detective movies. Maybe he was getting used to the grittier side of being a vampire.

    He instead turns his attention to the streets, watching for patterns and breaks in those patterns, like ripples in a pond.
    Geth, roll 5d10o10h8 for Perception + Alertness + Auspex

    Perception + Alertness + Auspex:
    5d10o10h8 2 [5d10o10h8=1, 4, 9, 2, 9]

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny looks to Bulldog for an opinion, "If Alex gets a look at the vid, might do for one of us to head in and keep the attendant occupied for a couple of minutes. I did want to pick up a couple of fresh phones at some point."

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    The clerk manning the counter doesn't look too professional. The young adult/teen is more occupied with a cellphone app and a half empty slushee, one probably gotten from the store's own supply. "Huh?" Then he looks up, surprised to see anyone, least of all someone wanting help. "Uh... we got a couple cameras, yeah." He motions with the still-active phone to a small collection of monitors stacked and adjacent to each other. You've seen baby monitors that have better technology. They each have monochrome feeds and static-ridden reception, but you can get the gist of what's going on... barely.

    "When and who was- hold up." The phone beeps and the clerk's attention goes back to responding with a quick text. "...sorry, who am I supposed to be looking for?"

    @Ardent
    Apart from the bored beat cop down the street and the vagrants, the street seems uneventful, though there is a silver two-door car approaching from around the corner. The fact that it's almost brand new makes it stand out even more.

    GNKPlZ6.png
    The autopsy is the means through which all is revealed.
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    "Bulldog. Max. What does a brand new, expensive coupe in this neighborhood mean to you? Because there's one coming," Deke says, gesturing towards the corner.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Narrowing his eyes, Danny walks back to the convenience store to join Alex. Maybe not the smartest plan, but it didn't feel like a good idea to leave one of the team isolated if things fell apart.
    "Man, my phone is well and truly fucked. You find anything yet?" Danny looks between the two men and sighs when he sees the security system. "Awesome." He finishes, drily.
    Danny looks around the store to see if they sell phones and phone accessories. He occasionally turns his eyes to the exit and back to Alex, hoping Alex will notice the concern without freaking out the cashier.
    Maybe this doesn't need a roll, but here's one anyway. Perception and either Investigation or Alertness.
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Finding Phones

    Finding Phones:
    6d10o10h8 2 [6d10o10h8=4, 8, 8, 2, 2, 6]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    The narrow aisle does, miraculously, have a tiny cellphone section. A generic array of cheap phone cases, universal chargers, and a prepaid phone selling for at least twice what it's worth.

    GNKPlZ6.png
    The autopsy is the means through which all is revealed.
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny grabs the phone and charger (along with a car charger, if available, in case it doesn't already have a charge) and takes up a position where he can watch the exit while Alex deals with his side of things. He makes no effort to hide the items, fully intending to pay for them should the opportunity present itself.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex holds in a sigh when he sees the camera equipment that the convenience store has. There was little chance they were going to find something of value from these, but since he was here and had access, there wasn't much harm is trying to find someone. "He looks like this." Alex holds up a picture of Kenneth taken from the online article that Bulldog had linked him earlier.

    "Thank you for looking. We're so worried about him so anything we can find out helps."
    Not sure if I need to roll here for a hope of finding something in the feed, but taking a shot anyways (also, no sure on the skill selections either).

    Geth, roll 6d10o10h8 for Perception+Alertness+Auspex

    Perception+Alertness+Auspex:
    6d10o10h8 1 [6d10o10h8=9, 4, 7, 6, 1, 2]

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max was leaning against the exterior of the convenience store when the car came around the corner. He seems to be fully engaged in a text conversation, but he is keeping an eye on everyone on the street.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    "Company huh? Damned if I know Deke. With our luck, someone's looking for a gunfight. Doubt it's the cops, might be some of your clan looking into the disappearance themselves? See if you can get a look at the driver." Bulldog notes the plates, on the off chance they could run them later.

    Bulldog responds to Danny. "Yeah, new phones sound like a good idea, let's go. We'll need to make some time to get a new ride as well at some point. Long overdue for that." Bulldog follows behind Danny to the store, then waits outside, obviously scoping the coupe out. He's used to his size attracting attention, so no point trying to hide. If the coupe decides to start something they'll likely start with him, which is what the biker wants.
    I'm assuming we would need Auspex to get a look at the driver from distance. so if anyone with that could take a look and see if we recognize any of the occupants that would be cool.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    edited June 7
    "Oh, THAT guy. I heard about the APB on him. Can't figure what the hell he'd be doing here, but suit yourself." He willingly lets Alex have reign over the recording feeds. Despite the ancient monitors, the recording device itself is digital, a blessed alternative to sifting through VHS tapes. While it is difficult to get a clear visual, the sight of a black van and its occupants pulling a well-dressed man off the sidewalk definitely stands out once the appropriate timeframe is queued up from the exterior camera.

    The plate appears local, but further details are unclear from the grainy feed.


    From outside the convenience store, an obnoxiously loud bass system leaves ears ringing as the car pulls up to the curb and stops. The windows are tinted, so the driver's identity is unclear, but a passenger soon gets out and heads inside while the car is left running. The young man is either leaving a club, or on the way to one. "Yo, you got any patron? I don't want none of that cheap shit."

    The clerk's expression seems to know what he's in for as he answers. "Just what's in the coolers." It's always the late ones.

    cj iwakura on
    GNKPlZ6.png
    The autopsy is the means through which all is revealed.
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    When Alex finds what appears to be Kenneth's abduction, he pauses the video, rewinds it back, then pulls out his phone to video the screen as it plays one more time. The actual abduction is pretty clear, but the details that would possibly help them track something down further aren't. They are going to have more legwork that they'll need to do if they are going to have a chance at uncovering where Kenneth was taken to. Still, it was something more than they had going in, so it was a small victory.

    "Thank you." Alex finally said aloud to the clerk. "This at least is something we can take to the cops." He comes back around the counter and moves towards Danny, trying to avoid the store patron who just entered but not walking out the door just yet in case he needed to talk with the clerk further. Rushing out the door would look a little too suspicious given the context he provided when he entered, but he also wasn't all the keen on sticking around too much longer while other people entered the store. They seemed to have a leak, so the less public interaction, the better.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny sets an amount of cash on the counter large enough to cover the items he's buying, plus an extra amount that could be considered 'within reason.' "For your trouble." he tells the cashier with a serious look on his face.
    When the newcomer directs his attention elsewhere Danny looks him over, trying to ascertain any potential threat.
    Geth roll 8d10o10h8 for Perc, Alert, Ausp
    Exiting, he gives Bulldog an apologetic look "They didn't have much, and I didn't want to seem suspicious. Also I might be going to compromise this phone in the very near future, so we should still get more elsewhere. We should keep moving."

    Perc, Alert, Ausp:
    8d10o10h8 0 [8d10o10h8=3, 2, 1, 7, 5, 6, 5, 7]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    The man gets even more irritated by what's actually in the cooler; cheap beer and cheaper liquor. Upon returning to the front, he makes a pointed display of reaching into his jacket's interior. Once at the counter, he pulls out a snub nosed revolver and aims it over the counter towards the clerk and his phone. "Fine. Then give me what's in the register, fucker."

    The clerk seems petrified and at a loss for words, but for once, the phone no longer has his attention.

    GNKPlZ6.png
    The autopsy is the means through which all is revealed.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    As his fellows leave the store, Max looks in and spies the man threatening the Cashier. He takes a look to see if this is just a regular mugging, or maybe something more. Besides, now he can actually get the employee's attention.

    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Perc, Invest, Ausp

    Perc, Invest, Ausp:
    6d10o10h8 1 [6d10o10h8=6, 9, 3, 3, 3, 7]

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Anyone wants to go to the museum, get in position and wait for your moment." Danny tells the others in a low tone. Then he starts running towards the museum. He gets closer. Then he starts yelling. "OH GOD! GUN! ROBBERY! STORE! HELP!" He hopes the others know what they want to be doing, he hopes they have enough time to do it, and mostly he hopes the cop is one of the good ones.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "What in the fuck!?" The robber had been expecting a lot of things, but not for someone to play hero by running away and screaming their head off. The catatonic clerk is doing him no favors, so makes a point of cocking the barrel of the gun at the stunned youth. "NOW OR YOU DIE!" That gets a response, and the young man frantically starts gathering up bills from the open register.

    The driver of the car seems as baffled by the turn of events as anyone, and honks the horn loudly.

    From the direction of the museum, a siren rings out. The police car is clearly en route.

    GNKPlZ6.png
    The autopsy is the means through which all is revealed.
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Deke avoids the conflict going on inside the store and moves towards the idling car. He rolls his sleeves up, disinterested in discussing unregistered firearms with the police.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max figures he works better outside the battle, so he starts to head for the museum. He acts frightened, panicked. His goal is to get in, and get to the camera controls within the museum.

    He waits outside the entrance of the museum, near the alley, hoping that all the cops inside leave, so he can just waltz in.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    As useful as the asshole is for a distraction, the Crew can’t afford a homicide investigation so close to the museum, they want less cops not more. He decides to try convince the genius to make a run for it before he gets clipped.

    The biker props open the door and leans in so he can hear the squad car approaching. “Pigs on the way, best get going. Ain't no Patron in jail man.”
    Spending 1 bp for Celerity so I can act again this round. I want leave to the store after trying to scare this guy into running without killing the kid or shooting at us.

    Geth roll 6d10o10h7 for scared straight. Charisma 3, Intimidation 2, Presence 1

    scared straight. Charisma 3, Intimidation 2, Presence 1:
    6d10o10h7 1 [6d10o10h7=4, 1, 6, 2, 3, 8]

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
Sign In or Register to comment.