The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

12224262728

Posts

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke reads Danny's text and gives the officer a polite nod. "Looks like you've got some trouble, officer. And it sounds like I should be looking for a way home."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Oh, how intriguing." Danny looks at the phone bemused. "I do believe it's time I made a phone call. Still. Best to get a second opinion before I dig us even further into this sewage. Option one: I call a number we know to be associated with Julia and hopefully find out what she actually expects of us. Option two: I call the unknown number that has been chatting with us all night and see who picks up. I'd been hoping to catch them off guard," he holds up the new phone, "but clearly, that was never going to happen. I'm open to suggestions for an Option three."

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "You do that, chief, and watch yourself out there." The beat cop mutters a curse and picks up the radio. "Dispatch, I'm en route, over." The cop lights up the sirens again, and takes off down the road.

    Elsewhere, a pillar of smoke and fire can be seen, visible from several blocks down the road.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke strolls casually to the indicated pick-up point and slides into the SUV. "So, did we get what we were after?"

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    All were accounted for, however, based on the smoke and sirens, things may not be as great as they seemed.

    "So, uh....are we heading towards that?"

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    "Let's get going, Alex. I think for now we slowly drive away from 7th and Main. That's in the Bronx, could be related to that bullshit in Claremont. Anyway, someone has eyes on us, no need to make it obvious we're going, even if we are." Bulldog said.

    "As for the phonecalls, my vote is to call the unknown number and sound like we're not going because J wants us to focus on finding Kenneth, but we're open to being convinced. Hopefully Unknown wants us there enough to let a clue or two slip. My money's on Unknown being the Nos, but who would take that bet, they've been behind almost everything it seems," the biker adds.

    "Then we call J and see what she actually wants us to do."

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Yeah, that makes sense. They might not even pick up, but it's worth a shot." Danny hits the call button and waits to see if their unseen advisor is interested in a chat.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    There's a pause. Ring, ring, ring- click. "Benny's Sewage Disposal, you clog 'em, we clean 'em. Got a breach?" The guttural voice sounds oddly familiar.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Hey man, I know you've got this whole 'Mysterious Secret' thing going on, but it's not exactly conducive to getting people to side with you. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we disagree with your position, necessarily, but if you could be a bit more open with us it would be a big help. Until then, we kinda gotta go with the chain of command. So sell it. Why is 'Benny's Sewage Disposal' the right choice for us?" Danny puts the call on speaker and shrugs at the rest of the group.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "Selling is my specialty, chief. I have a hard time figurin' on what you fucks are out to buy, though. Just whose goods are you more interested in?" Emmett seems to have given up on any notion of a facade. "Seems like you've slapped a big piece of the puzzle into place. So do you want pretty boy sent back in a box, or nicely divided portions? Makes no difference to me. While we're bickerin' over table scraps, best be aware that the queen bee wants the whole feast. All assuming a certain beasty leaves the restaurant even standing."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny pinched the bridge of his nose and took a moment to steel himself.
    "Okay. Emmett. Just so as we're all on the same page here, and absolutely correct me if I'm wrong, god knows my interpretation of reality isn't always close to 100%, it's my understanding of the situation that your intent here is to put Calebros in the big chair. Yes? No?
    "I guess what I and a whole bunch of others want is strong, stable leadership that treats us right whatever our clan and isn't prone to rash decisions and angry responses. Emmett. Do you know what would be a totally nifty, really easy, way to start showing people that the Nosferatu are capable of such behavior? Perhaps even more so than the current leadership? The release of a political prisoner would do that Emmett. If Kenneth was allowed to walk free, in sound body and mind, it would go a long way to showing that the Nosferatu are more than what others might have us believe.
    "I would really like to see that, Emmett. For the good of all our people, for the sake of avoiding war, and for the very slim possibility that my team might maybe catch a break at some point. Can you help me do this Emmett? Or are we both wasting our time?"

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "You understand correct. What, you think I want to put a blue blood on the throne? Fuck that. We all know how well THAT shit worked. Give me a warlock any day over that."

    He listens to the offer, and the disquieting sound of talons clacking against what sounds like stone can be heard in the background. "You want a pretty big down payment there. I'm gonna need a lot more than your word and bond before I throw that kind of bone onto the platter." He pauses. "What you got to offer, moonchild? That's our bargaining chip you want us to cough up, mind you. It shouldn't come cheap. For all we know you got Miss J' waiting to rain down fire and proverbial brimstone as soon as you say go. Just so we're on the same fuckin' page, the collective good of 'all our people' won't mean much if the warrens get wasted."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Emmett, I'm going to be blunt with you. I'm nobody. I'm not a talker. I'm not a fighter. I have no meaningful standing. At best I'm the gopher, the go-between, the messenger who doesn't want to get shot.
    "If there's stuff you want beyond power and survival I can try and make sure those demands get to the right people, but I doubt that I personally have much you want. For the moment, we are currently driving away from an explosion. If you see reason for us to turn around and go towards it, please share. Otherwise, I can only take any requests you might have and pass them along." Danny gives the others a doubtful shrug.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "Survival's the only request I got. All most of us want, hell. You think you can personally guarantee that, then shit, I'll sign that dotted line, but I have a hard time believing you can. You're the go-between, whatever, but right now you're making a hard sell. A boon's not gonna do much in stopping Salem's Wrath or I'd settle for that." The talons click-clack again. "Oh, that. Yeah, I'd steer clear if I were you. But if you want to be heroes, suit yourselves, I ain't going near that conflagration."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "You know you can't keep him forever.
    She'll find you and kill you, however,
    We can find a solution that won't end with someone dead
    But you need to decide quick before Bitch Queen loses her head."

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    "Julia chose Kenneth as her Seneschal because he is unambitious. He already owns one of the world's greatest art collections and lives in one of the world's greatest centers of art. If he had no responsibilities it's not clear he would even come to court," Deke continues, not letting the Nosferatu interrupt.

    "We've little interest in thrones. Do you know how many Toreador princes there are, Emmett? Two." Deke says. "Do you know how long it took me to find that out? Three years. Because my Sire is a sociopath who is too fascinated with herself to do her job and that is typical of our Clan."

    "The Brujah aren't strong enough right now to maintain leadership positions in the court, let alone corral it. The Malkavians are unpredictable, but I'd wager they'd much prefer Calebros to Julia on an individual basis, since being left alone is one of their major concerns," Deke notes, setting up for a final volley.

    "But you failed to trust that we'd do right by you. That we'd get the goods in the hands of the people most likely to get the job done. That bothers me. It cost me a carefully cultivated source that I will have to replace and that irritates me. Your negotiating tactics leave a lot to be desired and that concerns me."

    Deke pauses. "Bearing all of that in mind, my opinion is backing the Nosferatu is the right move. But we're not going to make rookie mistakes and shove all our eggs into your basket. We can't risk exposing our Clans. Our support cannot be explicit until you're free to make your move and you know that. We've made a gesture of goodwill tonight. I hope it's enough that you'll extend us the courtesy of taking us seriously when we say we'll deliver."

    The Toreador neophyte folds his hands across his chest, looking like he's finished.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    The click-clacking becomes faster, as if irritated, during Deke's reply. "The loss of your 'source' was regretful, and it was not my intention. Steps will be necessary to correct that." The clacking stops. "Still, you do have us at an impasse, it seems. You know there is little love lost between our clans, debutante. But nor is it my wish to spill a rose's blood, at least not this night."

    A pause, then Emmett drums his claws in a rhythmic pattern, from left to right. "Very well. He will see release. Name a location, and be quick about it, before I change my mind."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke glances at Bobby and inclines his head.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max has been recovering from the trance as the van drives toward wherever they are going. He is vaguely aware of the explosion, amd the comversation happening. As he gains awareness of himself again, he hears the deal about Kenneth.

    well thank... whatever it is we thank now. Blood?

    He speaks up. Not loud enough for the phone to pick up. "Well, hopefully they were smart enough to keep their identities from him. Otherwise Kenneth is going to tell Julia the Nos kidnapped him, and then we're going to have to vouch that they weren't kidnapping him, but rescuing him from the whatever that is, and this gets actually complicated real quick"

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Columbia. Is two hours gonna work for you?"
    I don't know NY that well, just went with the first thing on a map that stood out.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "Cutting it close, but suit yourself."
    It's a valid location, but you should specify where in Columbia, it's a decent sized area.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Miller Theatre. Subway access, and a wooded area right along side." Danny scribbles a hastily written note, passing it off while tapping his ear: Text alternate location?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "We meet in the subway. You can bring two with you, the rest wait above ground. And they should keep their heads down. It's gonna be a long night, sparky." The line goes dead.

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex lets out a breath he hadn't even realized he had been holding. "Wow. Danny, Deke, good job. Seriously, I think that was a pretty big win to convince him. If we can come back with Kenneth, we can probably get a little more freedom from this leash we seem to be attached to."

    "That said.....who's going to the meetup?"

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Shifting uncomfortably in his seat, Danny regards the phone. "Sounds like me at minimum. I won't ask anyone else to join me in the confined underground space, but volunteers are welcome. We still calling her majesty? Hate to get her hopes up only to fail miserably."

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited July 16
    Bulldog did small fist pump in celebration. "I've got your back Danny."

    Taking a look Danny's note about the altermate location, the biker tapped it and gave him a thumbs up. He wasn't sure where to go as an alternate location, but he liked the idea of coming up with one.

    "I think we should hold up on calling her majesty, this is going to delicate enough as it is. Max is right though, it would be nice to know how much Kenneth knoes about what happened.

    Might still be worth reviewing the museum feeds, they might tell us something."

    Boozer on
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny puts together a somewhat lengthy message. Apologies. Currently uncertain of privacy. If you would prefer alternate location, open to reasonable suggestions. Another station? Caution: This also maybe not 100% secure. Sorry. Doing our best.
    "I would have preferred something with a few more exit options, but we've gotta make some concessions I guess."

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "We don't call in until we actually have him with us. Not that I don't trust them but... well, I don't actually trust them"

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    "Agreed. Neither side of this argument has been all that forthcoming, so we play it close to the vest until we have results to share." Alex looks in the rear view mirror, as smoke still rises from the direction they are headed away from. "Are we definitely not getting involved in whatever is happening back there? Not saying we should, just want to make sure we're all in agreement."

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "I have not a single desire
    To rush forth into that fire."

    Fencingsax
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke stays quiet, letting everyone else get their thoughts together. Finally, when he feels like they've got a cogent plan in place he nods. "We need to make sure we know what we're saying if Julia successfully had us tailed and what we're saying if we can bring Kenneth back without any other hiccups." He glances over at Danny.

    "Which raises a really interesting question: who are we blaming? I have a suspicion Emmett is smart enough to keep Kenneth isolated to the truth of his detention, including who was responsible. Likely used ghouls as intermediaries. Hopefully some of them convincingly played the part of Tzimisce lackeys," Deke muses.

    "Or well-organized antitribu," he says with a shrug.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    "The station is final. Fifteen minutes or you start finding pieces instead."

    wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny holds the phone where Alex can see the message. If anyone was looking to fuck this up, at least they wouldn't have time to prepare.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex nods, say nothing, and starts driving towards the meetup point. They didn't have time to argue, and it was probably better that way. It was just a matter of getting it done, and hoping for the best.

    "So, Danny and Bulldog. Who's the third? I'm assuming you want me in the car ready to go, but otherwise I'm happy to accompany you."

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke glances back at Max. "You're a better fly on the wall, Max. Unless Lizzy would prefer to go," he says.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy looks up from her phone.
    "I do share the gift of shadows with the rats
    I can use it if you are wanting that."

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "I'm not sure stealth is going to be especially key in this instance. On the other hand, they seem to have an uncanny disdain for the Toreador. I figure this for being especially quick or especially bloody, so if I'm picking, the question is either: Who's the best fighter? Or who's most open to walking into a death trap? Instinct's saying Lizzy, but I don't have a ton to base that on."

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "I think Lizzy is better at getting out of it alive, but I am willing to go if she isn't." Max looks at Lizzy, and gestures at her.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "Nah, I'll go to the meeting." Lizzy reaches down and picks up her bat.
    "If need to be, I'll give them a proper greeting."

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog handed incendiary ammo to Liz and Danny from what they had left. If the three of them were walking into a trap, best that they were all on equal footing with the Nosferatu.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
Sign In or Register to comment.