As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Cerberus wrote: »
    I wrote an article... let me know what you think.
    http://netrunners.co.uk/canadian-destroyer-railgun-primer/

Do you think there's any value in finding space for a Targeted Marketing as an alternative out against Rumor Mill? I feel like I keep winning games against Railgun that I have absolutely no right winning by recurring Rumor Mill in Miffed Val.

No idea what you'd cut though. An ice?

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Epimer wrote: »

Do you think there's any value in finding space for a Targeted Marketing as an alternative out against Rumor Mill? I feel like I keep winning games against Railgun that I have absolutely no right winning by recurring Rumor Mill in Miffed Val.

No idea what you'd cut though. An ice?

Miffed Val is a bad match up. Rumor Mill plus recursion gives you lots of problems.
    Adding a single current won't resolve this problem. I think you just accept its a bad match.

• Options
    I think you just accept its a bad match.

Fair enough. My thinking was that it lets you punish them being complacent about leaving Jackson on the board because they know they've got Rumor Mill for when it counts. I guess you shouldn't rely on them making that mistake as your out.

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular

Multiple articles in a month? Did you shutdown/accelerated diagnostics into a pile of articles?!?

• Options
    I like writing articles, but getting a good subject can be tough. If you think of anything I can cover let me know.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    On The Lam

This is quite a good card against Railgun as it is very versatile, protecting them from tags and meat damage (providing them keep 4 cards in hand). However it can be beaten using the Extended Combo, as always you will need a Breaking News scored, here is how it works:
    nice read.

minor typo, that should be providing they, I think.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    I like writing articles, but getting a good subject can be tough. If you think of anything I can cover let me know.

Maybe this is too vague, but I think one on how to assess/predict the meta ahead of any given tournament would be an interesting read. If that's too short, then it could go on to how that feeds into deck choices and/or tech slots. Could flesh it out with real life examples.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    The one big counter-play I've worked out, at least in crim, against Railgun is On The Lam on a virtual, plus enough Aaron tokens to get to 7+ cards and to clear 2 tags. Can't Hatchet the OTL, and if you draw to 7 with Aaron after the Shutdown they can't double 24/7 into Boom you. That means they'd need a triple combo, I think, to get you?

Assuming they're at 7 cards from Aaron, and still have 2 tokens left (this is not impossible if they get him up before you score BN), you'd have to go Interns, Subliminal, hatchet on aaron. Then go interns, subliminal, 24/7. and then 24/7 boom, boom. Seems pretty tricky to pull off since you'll need jackson, 3 ADs and the shutdown in hand.

I guess the other way would be to put enough cards on the bottom in the right order to do a nested AD play? shutdown in AD (24/7 24/7 AD-> boom boom)

• Options
    This is how I won a game this weekend against Alex White.

I have no Jackson's left, he trashes 1 from HQ just before he dies, I used one early due to flood and he kills one in r&d.

I have 2 agendas scored and both shutdown and acc diagnostic in hand. 10 cards in r&d, I mandatory draw into Anonymous Tip and play it getting a 24/7 and play it. Last click I "blind" fire Diagnostic hitting sweeps and Boom!
    I bottomed 3 agendas with disposable HQ. Was sick!

• Options
    nice nice that's rad

I had a really awesome game on saturday where I needed to do a two pile combo but only had one AD in hand. I counted up my deck, knew I'd bottomed 4 agendas and took the chance at drawing the second AD off my jackson install. And blam, there it was!

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    incoming scoops on runnerside Terminal Directive

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/2/21/why-do-you-run/

check that new shaper

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Shorty wrote: »

check that new shaper

i should write a chrome extension that decapitalizes these articles

man, both that shaper and that event are really cool

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Yup! YUP! YUUUUUUUUP!

Deep Data Mining is rad as well.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Ooh, Egret is going in all Kit decks then. And Careful Planning is basically Inside Job for Shapers, kind of. And LARL seems like a good filter, but I dunno if people will play it much. Deep Data Mining is definitely a card that cloud breaker players are going to want too, and it definitely makes leaving R&D open against a Shaper T1 a really risky proposition.

EtA: Also, Abagnale seems like a viable code gate breaker for Criminal! The pump and break ratios are reasonable, and it starts at a good strength. Its ability isn't quite as nice as Gordian's strength-keep, but definitely still something cool, and nice to get into a remote as a last-ditch effort - might see it in Geist even.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    I would 100% run Abagnale in my Geist, as I'm currently running Passport and occasionally get locked out of remotes and I do not care even the slightest little bit about the +3 install cost in my Geist.

Probably wouldn't end up using the trash ability unless I'm sure it's going to win me the game though, clone chips are valuable.

• Options
    abagnale seems like a solid card that will see some play

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Also, Abagnale is probably a reference to Frank Abagnale, the con-man/fraudster that Catch Me If You Can was based off. Given that Steve, eh! is a grifter himself, this is fantastic theming.

• Options
    yeah it would be neat if that's a whole cycle of breakers named after other famous con artists

• Options
    Abagnale is great for criminals which I like but means 2 out 3 factions have 4 cost strength 2 decoder that breaks 1 per strength or sub as their go to.

I'm not sure I like that for diversity of experience: homogeneity of breaker threats will drive a homogeneity of ice answers, and you'll get the same issue we had with the Anarch fixed breaker suite being used by everyone.

• Options
    It's 2c -> 2str pump though, which means that odd-strength code gates are slightly less efficient to break. Those numbers do add up!

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Gordian Blade keeps it's strength throughout the run and is +1/+1 str, though, which makes it a better deal. Abagnale is pretty great, though. The bypass/trash effect is delicious.

Egret is pretty good, I think. Get any normal breaker out, have an SMC on the board and you fear no single unrezzed ice at all. Might be pretty handy in Smoke decks running Houdini, or any decks running Gordian through all those high strength code gates currently in the meta.

• Options
    what I really like about Abagnale's trash ability is that it makes having multiple copies in your deck feel good. You draw your second copy and you can happily use the first one to bust through something expensive, while still being able to have the redundancy needed vs rig shooter etc

• Options
    I don't think they are exactly the same, but there is a funneling.

Egret and Deep Data Mining for those Kit decks that hyper focus on R&D :).

Actually Deep Data Mining is pretty nice for either of Adam or Sunny; they both have oodles of spare MU and event recursion doesn't cost influence.

• Options

check that new shaper

i should write a chrome extension that decapitalizes these articles

man, both that shaper and that event are really cool

this is excellent

iiI3xWo.png

• Options
    OK, got Daedalus Complex. SYNC BRE as written is utterly ridiculous and obviously, surely a mistake.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    OK, got Daedalus Complex. SYNC BRE as written is utterly ridiculous and obviously, surely a mistake.

For seven generations the curse is upon you!

• Options
    I think this is the first card they've released into the wild that's game-breaking as written.

• Options
    I've got one friend who thinks it's completely fair as-is

I do think it's a bit harder to land that trace than it might seem, but that's also not really the point

a card that says, functionally, "trace-2: if successful, the runner cannot win unless they're packing Medium" is not okay

• Options

I do think it's a bit harder to land that trace than it might seem, but that's also not really the point

a card that says, functionally, "trace-2: if successful, the runner cannot win unless they're packing Medium" is not okay

I think it would actually be interesting if a card did something like that in permanently locking stuff down...but it would have be only a single server (like specifically R&D) not every server.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

or ice destruction. cause the effect should go away if you blow it up. not that I'd find that meta fun

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Going to one last store champs this weekend. Taking ETF and some flavour of Whizzard, probably. Not sure what yet. Dumble is what I've been using all season but honestly its underperformed. Maybe a siphon/eater/keyhole deck instead.

Any decent Sifr/siphon lists out there?

• Options

like yeah it's a trace, and a low one at that

but being punished for facechecking it on low credits resulting in the corp being able to score naked agendas for the rest of the game is in no way fair

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Dis' wrote: »

I think it would actually be interesting if a card did something like that in permanently locking stuff down...but it would have be only a single server (like specifically R&D) not every server.

I think it might have been better worded if it was something like Data Raven. Have the problem trace instead add a power counter to BRE, and you can spend power counters as a paid ability to make the runner access one fewer card this run.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Going to one last store champs this weekend. Taking ETF and some flavour of Whizzard, probably. Not sure what yet. Dumble is what I've been using all season but honestly its underperformed. Maybe a siphon/eater/keyhole deck instead.

Any decent Sifr/siphon lists out there?

@Bogart you called?
    I of course have a (SC winning) siphon with sifr list. You probably saw it in action. Happy to share if you want it.

• Options
    A tournament winning siphon Whiz deck, you say? List would be cool beans.

• Options
    redx wrote: »

or ice destruction. cause the effect should go away if you blow it up. not that I'd find that meta fun

nope!

you're literally stuck with it for the rest of the game if the trace lands

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

nope!

Wait, really? If I found that out playing a game, I'd probably just concede right there. Another reason I don't play Netrunner anymore. Shit like that simply should not exist. And while a card errata will probably fix it, the card should never have been worded that way in the first place.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    A tournament winning siphon Whiz deck, you say? List would be cool beans.

Whizzard: Master Gamer

Event (22)
    3x Account Siphon ●●●●● ●●●●● ●●
    3x Day Job
    2x Déjà Vu
    3x I've Had Worse
    3x Inject
    2x Retrieval Run
    1x Rumor Mill
    3x Sure Gamble
    2x Wanton Destruction

Hardware (4)
    1x Plascrete Carapace
    3x Şifr

Resource (8)
    3x Liberated Account
    3x Same Old Thing
    2x Street Peddler

Icebreaker (6)
    1x Black Orchestra
    3x Eater
    1x MKUltra
    1x Paperclip

Program (5)
    2x Keyhole
    3x Parasite ★★★

12 influence spent (max 15-3★=12, available 0)
    45 cards (min 45)
    Cards up to Quorum

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

There is quite a bit of asset spam about, so I'm currently playing -1 plascrete and rumour mill and +2 hacktivist meeting

• Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

nope!

Wait, really? If I found that out playing a game, I'd probably just concede right there. Another reason I don't play Netrunner anymore. Shit like that simply should not exist. And while a card errata will probably fix it, the card should never have been worded that way in the first place.

yeah it's because traces are triggered effects, not constant effects, which is why they typically either do something discrete (i.e. "Gain 3c", "The runner loses [click].") or they have a specific temporal window (i.e. "the runner cannot access cards other than Ash for the remainder of this run.")

• Options
    http://ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Daedalus_Complex_UFAQ

well, it looks like Boggs has some damn sense, because he agrees that Sync Bre is dumb

unfortunately, it has to be played as written (unless, of course, your crew decides, no, we're not gonna do that, which they damn well should)

this would seem to suggest an errata is forthcoming