As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    yeah without official errata you could argue it works as written

I'm personally ensuring no-one in my meta thinks that's a good idea

• Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Cerberus wrote: »
    3x Account Siphon ●●●●● ●●●●● ●●

Three! Woof.

Also (maybe) going to my final SC of the season this weekend and thinking I need to ditch Val for Whizz for fear of asset spam. I was going to go with a Hate Bear variant but this looks absolutely vile, in the best possible way.

(The Apocalypse Kate dream finally died when I almost lost to TWIY* Glacier in Casual last night. Nope. I'm out.)

Probably stick with a tweaked IG49 list for Corp. I don't think it's the best deck around just now, but I think it's definitely good enough to make an SC cut and that's good enough for me. Plus I really enjoy playing it.

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    One of the things that gets me about BRE is they got everything nearly perfect for a tracer: good cost/strength ratio, strength that makes the runner really think about breaking/beating trace/eating the trace, end the run but not really which opens up great design space.

And then they go leave some text off the end.

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Epimer wrote: »
    3x Account Siphon ●●●●● ●●●●● ●●

Three! Woof.

Also (maybe) going to my final SC of the season this weekend and thinking I need to ditch Val for Whizz for fear of asset spam. I was going to go with a Hate Bear variant but this looks absolutely vile, in the best possible way.

(The Apocalypse Kate dream finally died when I almost lost to TWIY* Glacier in Casual last night. Nope. I'm out.)

Probably stick with a tweaked IG49 list for Corp. I don't think it's the best deck around just now, but I think it's definitely good enough to make an SC cut and that's good enough for me. Plus I really enjoy playing it.

That Whizz deck is the best version I've played yet, despite it winning a regional, third at nats, eighth at worlds, this is better.
    Definitely make the hacktivist change, I'm considering playing 3x

• Options

Oh wow, I didn't realise the meta had swung quite that far into asset spam territory. There's at least one known CI combolord going, so if anything I was going to up the Rumor Mill numbers, but I trust your judgement.

• Options
    There's at least one known CI combolord going, so if anything I was going to up the Rumor Mill numbers

...hang on, this reasoning makes zero sense. The reason I'm only a maybe is because I haven't been very well this week and my brain's not working properly.

This bodes well for good tournament decision making.

• Options

Oh wow, I didn't realise the meta had swung quite that far into asset spam territory. There's at least one known CI combolord going, so if anything I was going to up the Rumor Mill numbers, but I trust your judgement.

Yeah, loads of it here.
    Also, I hear the new mwl hits combo hard though I likely shouldn't discuss such rumors on open boards.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Dis' wrote: »
    One of the things that gets me about BRE is they got everything nearly perfect for a tracer: good cost/strength ratio, strength that makes the runner really think about breaking/beating trace/eating the trace, end the run but not really which opens up great design space.

And then they go leave some text off the end.

yeah it's actually a really solid and interesting piece of ice that is worth playing even with the fair ruling

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

Yeah, loads of it here.
    Also, I hear the new mwl hits combo hard though I likely shouldn't discuss such rumors on open boards.

Scoops? SCOOPS?

*gets out a mic*

HEY YOU GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS

EDIT: Also, the Blood Money UFAQ is up.

EDIT 2: They've been on a bit of a roll, getting caught up. Escalation, Intervention, and Martial Law.

EDIT 3: Quorum.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Oh, they finally clarified the whole "trashed bioroid is passing a bioroid" for Architects of Tomorrow. Answer: no, it doesn't trigger.

Also, yes, scoooooooops? Combo pain is good to hear, though I don't really know what they think is worth it. Violet? 24/7? AD?

• Options
    I heard shutdown taking a hit somehow but that was just a rumour

• Options
    Ive heard shutdown is being errata'd in some way, so likely to a max of installed card.

Ive heard blackmail, sensie, could be on the list.

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Ive heard shutdown is being errata'd in some way, so likely to a max of installed card.

Man I hope he just executes every noninteractive combo deck, including CI7, Railgun, and Bioethics prisons, and Dyper. I know some people have fun playing these but I sure don't have fun playing against them, even where I know there is counterplay.

Lykouragh on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    My second second place in a store champs today. Got the bye as the winner already had one, so yay for that. Plays of the day include an Inject that milled all three Parasites, running a railgun hq with four agendas and a Boom but with disposable HQ installed, and stealing the 15 Minutes which let him dump everything to the bottom of R&D (I won two turns later because all his other agendas were also at the top of R&D.

But my favourite was fast tracking the winning agenda into my hand when I knew he could access three cards in hq on his turn, and seeing him miss. I didn't have to do it, but time was running out and if he'd have run R&D he'd probably have seen enough in the few cards there to win anyway.

I was playing Temujin Whiz with Aaron, and a rush ETF. ETF only dropped one game all day, against another Temujin Whiz.

• Options
    After having a good, hard think about it I decided against the siphon Whiz deck, as I didn't feel practised enough with it. I will be giving it a thorough whirl before regionals, though.

• Options
    Lykouragh wrote: »

Man I hope he just executes every noninteractive combo deck, including CI7, Railgun, and Bioethics prisons, and Dyper. I know some people have fun playing these but I sure don't have fun playing against them, even where I know there is counterplay.

here is what I have heard

removed from MWL: eli, prepaid voice pad, desperado

added to MWL: temujin, bio-ethics committee

also supposedly there is going to be a new tier of the MWL, and cards on it will reduce your influence by 3; here are the cards supposedly on it: Blackmail, Sensie Actors Union, Sifr, Faust, Rumor Mill

I am fine with hitting certain cards harder but I am of the opinion that it may just be time to do a proper banlist

• Options
    I will be really sad if temujin goes on the mwl. Crim forever having -3 influence

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Not quite sure what to think if PPvP comes back.

Because it was sure some hot bullshit... but I have no idea if it'd be okay to bring back in the current environment until it rotates out. I mean, Temujin is even dumber and doesn't require multiple cards to make a kajillion credits for no effort. It might be safe? I dunno.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Not quite sure what to think if PPvP comes back.

Because it was sure some hot bullshit... but I have no idea if it'd be okay to bring back in the current environment until it rotates out. I mean, Temujin is even dumber and doesn't require multiple cards to make a kajillion credits for no effort. It might be safe? I dunno.
    *shrug* kate still doesn't have an effective answer to tagstorm or asset spam, and nobody else can use PPVP as effectively

I think the game has changed enough that it's probably fine, and in any case the real problem with that deck was that you had infinite Lady counters, and both Lady and clone chip are still on the MWL

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    I will be really sad if temujin goes on the mwl. Crim forever having -3 influence

I still don't think Crim needs to lose influence for using their own cards, but Temujin really should have been printed with 3 or 4 influence

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    Anzekay wrote: »

I still don't think Crim needs to lose influence for using their own cards, but Temujin really should have been printed with 3 or 4 influence

yeah absolutely

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Also placed second at a store championship today! Admittedly, there were only 7 people, we played three rounds, and there were four of us tired for first with 4 wins. But still! A first and a second is solid this season.

• Options
    Missed the cut today on SoS. Went 4-0 with runner, 1-3 with Corp.

Corp was IG49. Matchups were 1) Whizz with Slums, 2) Shaper with MOpus and Feedback Filter, 3) Whizz with Slums, 4) Andy with Aaron and On the Lam. Yeah. Lucky to be 1-3, really.

I ended up going with my standard Miffed Val list but with two Hacktivists in place of the Rumor Mills. Turn one Hacktivist, Rebirth into Whizzard was particularly brutal against RP :D

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Something I've been debating doing is trying to throw together a Bad Pub Sunny deck. It's probably dumb and jank, but I kind of like the idea of using Fan Sites to fuel Frame Jobs to ratchet up the BP and then using those credits to clear out asset spam... and the occasional Blackmail to get into the server on the cheap. Especially with the release of the Archivist, because extra sources of link never hurt.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Forgot to mention firing an ABT with a Jackson on the board as insurance and getting an Ichi, an Architect and a Vanilla. ABT is the best agenda in the game.

• Options
    ABT in Foundry is really, really good

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    So like, I want to go on record as saying I never had that much of a problem with PPVP Kate. It was a good, solid deck, but I won games against it and never found it nearly as dumb as most of the Anarch rule that would follow in the wake of its demise. Letting is come back at this point is, for one, entirely reasonable in my eyes since the game has continue to up its pace, and for two, probably decent to get another option possibly back on the table. It's not that I missed seeing Kate decks or anything, but it's kind of laughable how long PPVP has been oppressed since we have not yet seen a card printed that it would have been "a problem to print because of PPVP." especially in light of some other cards that have been printed and allowed to run wild.

Switching Desperado for Temujin is pretty much all good in my eyes. While I never agreed with Desperado on the list, we're at a point where Criminals will be playing both, but other factions won't be playing Desperado (at least not nearly as often), so we might as well be MWLing the appropriate card of the two.

Of course I haven't played since 2016 regionals, so I probably know nothing anymore anyway. :P

• Options
    Eli coming off the list feels right as well, I think. It's a great piece of ice, but not unfairly so, especially with all the ice destruction around.

I dunno if Faust is so egregious it needs to be on a proposed second tier. Sensie Actors Union is incredibly strong, but minus three influence strong? Seems like an overreaction.

Sifr should probably not have been printed as is, nor should Rumour Mill. I think I'd be fine with both those being banned. Blackmail I'm up in the air about. In Val it's horrific potential pressure on any remote while they get set up, and combined with Rumour Mill it means you're boned if you're planning to actually score in a remote. En Passant makes it even worse. On the other hand they're digging through a fifty card deck to find it and I dunno if it's strong enough to go into the minus three influence category which is clearly in the territory of discouraging decks to even consider playing it. Almost every Val deck would effectively now have only six influence, which is absurd. If you think it's that bad just ban the card.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Blackmail I'm up in the air about. In Val it's horrific potential pressure on any remote while they get set up, and combined with Rumour Mill it means you're boned if you're planning to actually score in a remote. En Passant makes it even worse. On the other hand they're digging through a fifty card deck to find it and I dunno if it's strong enough to go into the minus three influence category which is clearly in the territory of discouraging decks to even consider playing it. Almost every Val deck would effectively now have only six influence, which is absurd. If you think it's that bad just ban the card.

Blackmail is a weird one. I don't think it's a problem on its own, it's the fact that you can spam it due to how much recursion you can comfortably fit into Anarch decks with no real penalty (and if you want to go all in with Trope and Levy too, you can build that).

Full disclosure: I've taken Blackmail-heavy Val decks to the past half dozen tournaments I've been to.

• Options
    Final swag from store champs season equals two mats, a bye, two alt art Hedge Funds, three deckboxes, a Femme counter and a shedload of PAD Campaigns. Would've liked a shiny trophy, but I guess I am content.

• Options
    Blackmail I'm up in the air about. In Val it's horrific potential pressure on any remote while they get set up, and combined with Rumour Mill it means you're boned if you're planning to actually score in a remote. En Passant makes it even worse. On the other hand they're digging through a fifty card deck to find it and I dunno if it's strong enough to go into the minus three influence category which is clearly in the territory of discouraging decks to even consider playing it. Almost every Val deck would effectively now have only six influence, which is absurd. If you think it's that bad just ban the card.

Blackmail is a weird one. I don't think it's a problem on its own, it's the fact that you can spam it due to how much recursion you can comfortably fit into Anarch decks with no real penalty (and if you want to go all in with Trope and Levy too, you can build that).

Full disclosure: I've taken Blackmail-heavy Val decks to the past half dozen tournaments I've been to.

I am generally of the opinion that cards which make ice irrelevant need to be pushed out of the game, and Blackmail is one of the worst offenders

• Options

I am generally of the opinion that cards which make ice irrelevant need to be pushed out of the game, and Blackmail is one of the worst offenders

I'm ok with them if counterplay (not silver bullets) exist. Never advance in a remote should be painful for decks reliant on Blackmail, but not if there's so much recursion available that it becomes almost pointless to try to use them up.

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular

I'm ok with them if counterplay (not silver bullets) exist. Never advance in a remote should be painful for decks reliant on Blackmail, but not if there's so much recursion available that it becomes almost pointless to try to use them up.

There's also very little counterplay to DDOS/False Echo.

• Options
    Lykouragh wrote: »

There's also very little counterplay to DDOS/False Echo.

Well there's rushing, plus plenty of options at the deck building stage.

• Options
    Anyway! I was in a bad mood earlier because all I ever seem to read about Netrunner online these days is negativity and I still think it's an incredible game that I'm excited to be playing, so in the spirit of being the change I want to see in the etc: how's everybody getting on with Jemison?

• Options
    Havn't had time to get my Jemison on yet, but from what I've heard it's a blast to play. Would be nice if Success and Standoff weren't so far away from release, but definitely can do it's thing.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I'm really excited to try it but I haven't been able to get a copy of Daedalus yet

• Options
    new Terminal Directive article:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/3/1/a-new-directive/

some card scoops
    INCLUDING ELI 2.0 AAAAHHHHHH *Kermit flail*

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Interesting, a special OP kit for the Terminal Directive release, that's kinda cool.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Ffffffff there's full-bleed ID's in the event kit too for all four.

Want 'em, need 'em, etc.

EDIT: Oh, okay, everyone who shows up gets them. I definitely like the idea of a more... casual? event. Should be a nice change of pace where people don't have to bring all the toxic garbage decks just to get prizes.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg