As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    I have been playing the following smoke deck: https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/804361

The switchblade was added in response to the gagarian lock down decks, but I am not sold on it. Previously it was a second Aaron. Generally you just setup and win on indexing runs before the corp finishes setting up.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Ethea wrote: »
    I have been playing the following smoke deck: https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/804361

The switchblade was added in response to the gagarian lock down decks, but I am not sold on it. Previously it was a second Aaron. Generally you just setup and win on indexing runs before the corp finishes setting up.

that's really similar to the one I was running! except I used a datasucker along with aaron and temujins and switchblade, and used blackstone over corroder. Also had an atman and a Freedom Through Equality. I highly recommend the FtE, being able to win on only 2 agendas is amazing.

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »

that's really similar to the one I was running! except I used a datasucker along with aaron and temujins and switchblade, and used blackstone over corroder. Also had an atman and a Freedom Through Equality. I highly recommend the FtE, being able to win on only 2 agendas is amazing.

Care to share?

• Options
    This is the last version I was playing, but it's pre-MWL. Cut the Sifrs and you get 2 more influence to play with (for at least 2 Temujins)

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/887525

• Options
    The open question I have been struggling with is what are the viable Corp strategies. We have naturally seen an increase in HB:ETF and Palana Glacier, but are those really the dominant decks? I expect that all three CI decks are still strong, and the 2x SanSan ETF / Sleeper ETF still work. But what about NBN?

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    The open question I have been struggling with is what are the viable Corp strategies. We have naturally seen an increase in HB:ETF and Palana Glacier, but are those really the dominant decks? I expect that all three CI decks are still strong, and the 2x SanSan ETF / Sleeper ETF still work. But what about NBN?

Asset spam NEH and CtM will be less powerful without sensie, but the runners are also likely to be a little less rich? Unless you're expecting a very criminal meta they don't seem bad?

• Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Okay, I've decided to embrace the psi rather than deciding I'm bad at it and avoiding decks that use it.

I swear there was an article about six months ago about psi game considerations - Stimhack? fetal.ai? - but I can't find it now. Does anyone else remember it?

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Psi game considerations:
    Do you bet 0 credits? Do you bet 1 credit? Do you punch yourself in the dick? Do you punch your opponent in the dick? Do you bet 2 credits? Seriously, whoever initiated this should get punched in the dick. Will betting 0 credits cost enough to screw up my opponents plans? Am I morally bankrupt enough yet to punch someone in the dick?

:D

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    My psi game considerations-

People bet 0 around 50% of the time, 1 around 40% of the time, and 2 around 10% of the time in my experience.

Humans are predisposed to continue a winning strategy.

You can actually often get into someone's head- some people always make the "bold" move no matter what, some people always bet 0 (usually always thinking he'll NEVER expect it the fourth time!), stuff like that.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    runners are heavily incentivized to bid 0 a lot of the time, because your credits are usually worth more than theirs

• Options
    So now that we have had the updated MWL, but haven't seen a revised FAQ, should I still dump time into learning how to play railgun?

Or do people think that an FAQ will come out in the next month that kills Power Shutdown?

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    I think an FAQ will come out in the next month that kills power shutdown combos.

• Options
    definitely count on it

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2017
    First night of Netrunner after the MWL yesterday. Played against good old-fashioned Foodcoats deck (with Fairchild 3.0 as an added bit of taxing ice), a Sync deck (completely untouched by the MWL), a couple of AAndy decks and a Whizzard that had re-jigged itself and spent a lot of influence on two Rumour Mills in anticipation of all the Caprice it was going to run into. I feel like a surprise Rumour Mill is going to be a pretty great surprise if Foodcoats really digs in again.

The HB FA and Smoke decks I was runing did OK, though I may well have to slot a PolOp into Smoke to handle Foodcoats shenanigans, especially as FiHP synergises with it so well. My extra HB influence I got back because of Eli went on a third Architect and two DBS, because some extra draw and the ability to stuff unwanted agendas to the bottom of the deck seemed like a good plan for a deck aiming to score quickly and often.

Bogart on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    EDIT: Crap, wrong thread.

Hopefully the rest of TD gets spoiled soon.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I listened to the NetrunnerQuest podcast episode with Dan D'argenio recently and it had some really excellent tips about making tempo plays. I'd strongly recommend giving it a listen if you're looking to improve your early game efficiency in particular (like I am).

https://m.soundcloud.com/selfmodifyingcode/netrunnerquest

• Options
    ...and having taken those lessons to heart, I'm 10-2 this week with a rushy Palana deck that exploits tempo differences \o/

Now if only I could find a runner deck I'm this comfortable with...

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Played netrunner quite a bit when it came out, but sold my cards after I stopped playing a couple of months in. Was quite disappointed there wasn't a good netrunner online client at the time to play instead.

Noticed https://www.jinteki.net exists, any good/fun and easy to get into for someone who hasn't played in 5 years?

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Here we go, the rest of the TD non-campagin spoilers?
    I'm guessing some of the templating of cards in here is why we havn't gotten a new FAQ yet.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Did Damon insert himself into the game?!

• Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Here we go, the rest of the TD non-campagin spoilers?
    I'm guessing some of the templating of cards in here is why we havn't gotten a new FAQ yet.
    Some nice toys in there, but I don't see anything meta-defining. The 3/5s are nice, but the abilities aren't defensive so they'll struggle to see play, I think.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

100% yes. I mean, Mason.

• Options
    Alegis wrote: »
    Played netrunner quite a bit when it came out, but sold my cards after I stopped playing a couple of months in. Was quite disappointed there wasn't a good netrunner online client at the time to play instead.

Noticed https://www.jinteki.net exists, any good/fun and easy to get into for someone who hasn't played in 5 years?

If you understand how the rules/timing structure works, just go on jinteki.net casual with something like "New to Jnet, Core only" in your game title. People are happy enough to walk you through things.

On the terminal directive spoilers, I'm a bit down on the corp cards for playing with the full card pool (Aside from the hilarity of Mason/Heinlein), lot of clunky agendas.

Also the templating issues are getting silly. The ones before just made stuff ambiguous but Executive Functioning is inexcusable.

• Options
    Actually there is an interesting question - is Mason/Heinlein good enough to be worth it over caprice (or do you just combine it with caprice?). Before friends maybe not but friends makes a two card combo so easy to bring about...

• Options
    They can just run last click vs Mason/Heinlein so there's that issue

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    They can just run last click vs Mason/Heinlein so there's that issue

Strongboxes time to shine!

• Options
    Strongbox, heinlen, mason does seem like a fun combo but that's 3 pieces and it folds to rumour mill :(

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Rumour Mill still seeing a decent amount of play. Many are still playing Whizz with Sifr.

You need to be able to beat foodcoats and other glacier decks for sure.

• Options
    For whizzard I can't decide on 2x sifr 1x rumor or 1x sifr 2x rumor. I feel like against glacier you prefer seeing rumor more often, but I could be wrong.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    For whizzard I can't decide on 2x sifr 1x rumor or 1x sifr 2x rumor. I feel like against glacier you prefer seeing rumor more often, but I could be wrong.

I'd say 2 Sifr and 1 RM, then just loads of draw. My logic is that there are other cards such as Pol Op and Interdiction you can use to support RM.

Cerberus on
  • Options
    Yeah I kinda feel like those two cards are so strong that even MWL level 3 doesn't stop them making decks incredibly potent.

• Options
    Does anyone want to test a Smoke list for me? So far it has been good but need more testers to confirm. I'm not much of a shaper, so it's new to me.

• Options
    I'm casting about for a runner deck and played Shaper almost exclusively until they became rubbish in the meta, so I'd be happy to test something.

• Options
    Cerberus wrote: »
    Does anyone want to test a Smoke list for me? So far it has been good but need more testers to confirm. I'm not much of a shaper, so it's new to me.

Sure thing, been trying smoke myself recently. (unless you want good testers ;))

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

100% yes. I mean, Mason.

yes

this is part of a standing FFG policy which states that if you work for the company for like...five years, I think, you get to be on a card in a game of your choice

Exile is also a real person

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

100% yes. I mean, Mason.

yes

this is part of a standing FFG policy which states that if you work for the company for like...five years, I think, you get to be on a card in a game of your choice

I didn't realize it was a policy. That's actually really cool.

• Options
    Cerberus wrote: »

yeah I'd be happy to help test. I've been playing a lot of stealth lately, though I just switched to Kate to try out PPVP + Stealth.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Dis' wrote: »
    Also the templating issues are getting silly. The ones before just made stuff ambiguous but Executive Functioning is inexcusable.

...it deals brain damage even if the trace fails? Wow, that is some templating right there. (Holmegaard has the same issue)

• Options
    edited April 2017

100% yes. I mean, Mason.

yes

So is Whizzard, based on one of the FFG heads. Having a brain fart on the name at the moment, one of the high-ups.

Bios was based on Damon's niece, and EH? STEVE! his nephew.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »

100% yes. I mean, Mason.

yes

So is Whizzard, based on one of the FFG heads. Having a brain fart on the name at the moment, one of the high-ups.

Bios was based on Damon's niece, and EH? STEVE! his nephew.

Kevin Wilson, I think?

he's one of the guys who made Android