As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BEER] The Lacing on This Thread is Breathtaking. Mouthfeel

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I have just gone and purchased two six-packs of Xocoveza, along with a fresh bottle of Jameson. On my way home, I was wondering why the "Passenger Airbag Off" light was on, and I realized I had piled so much booze into the passenger seat that my car thought it was a baby.

My precious Mexican cocoa baby.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My wife's passenger seat is super sensitive. A gallon of milk will set it off.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    ...Beer dick?

Google it.

...with safe search off.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I have just gone and purchased two six-packs of Xocoveza, along with a fresh bottle of Jameson. On my way home, I was wondering why the "Passenger Airbag Off" light was on, and I realized I had piled so much booze into the passenger seat that my car thought it was a baby.

My precious Mexican cocoa baby.

Now I'm bummed that Precious Mexican Cocoa Baby isn't the actual name.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    I was gonna pick up Xocoveza, this weekend, but my bottle shop didn't have singles and I didn't feel like committing to a 6er. I grabbed a single of Evil Twin Even More Jesus and it has surpassed Modern Times Black House as my favorite stout (which I also grabbed in a MT variety pack). EMJ pours like motor oil and tastes divine. I need to go get more.

I heartily recommend Even Less Jesus if you can ever find it -- same recipe but rested in red wine barrels, which adds an unctuous, vinous low-level acidity. Really this has become my new white-whale, where I am fully on board with any dark dark beers aged in red wine barrels.

On that note, I shared a bottle of Schneider Weisse Tap X Aventinus Eisbock Barrique, yesterday which is the eponymous Eisbock finished for 2 years in Pinot Noir barrels. Very unique and good.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    user wrote: »
    I was gonna pick up Xocoveza, this weekend, but my bottle shop didn't have singles and I didn't feel like committing to a 6er. I grabbed a single of Evil Twin Even More Jesus and it has surpassed Modern Times Black House as my favorite stout (which I also grabbed in a MT variety pack). EMJ pours like motor oil and tastes divine. I need to go get more.

I heartily recommend Even Less Jesus if you can ever find it -- same recipe but rested in red wine barrels, which adds an unctuous, vinous low-level acidity. Really this has become my new white-whale, where I am fully on board with any dark dark beers aged in red wine barrels.

On that note, I shared a bottle of Schneider Weisse Tap X Aventinus Eisbock Barrique, yesterday which is the eponymous Eisbock finished for 2 years in Pinot Noir barrels. Very unique and good.

They also had Coco Jesus, I plan to go back and grab some

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I still haven't found Xocoveza

But hey you know duclaw sweet baby Jesus is really good

Chocolate peanut butter porter

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Tallgrass makes some decent beer.

Their Strawberry Shortcake is not one of them. This might be the worst beer I've ever had. I can't finish it. There's some strawberry but then it tastes like curdled cream mixed with beer.

I... I... I'd rather have a Heineken or Corona...

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    On the bright side, I found a lonely bottle of Canadian Breakfast Stout which now has a home in my beer fridge.

Not drinking it tonight because I do need to be conscious for work tomorrow.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I'm drinking some Three Creeks Knotty Blonde ale and its a nice light tasty beer. Plus it comes in cans.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    I was drinking a bunch of good craft beers for my girlfriends beerlist to get a mug, but now I'm at home and its PBR time.

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    Ended up passing on the last bottle of CBS in my local store, couldn't justify it with the rest of my purchases over the last couple months. Went for a six of brown shugga instead, which is certainly nothing like CBS would be but something extremely enjoyable none the less.

• Options
    My cousin bought this so we're trying it out before Star Wars

r1fz3591yrgt.jpg

It has a very creamy mouthfeel with lots of rum and vanilla flavor.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I found a six pack of Stone Xocoveza!

It tastes amazing

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Hooray! It is magic beer.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Here on this National Maple Syrup Day I've poured my bottle of CBS.

Fuck this shit is good... And strong... Yum!

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I can understand not picking up CBS. I've been so broke we got keystone because pbr was out of reach. It's deffo just a luxury thing, not at all life changing or even eye opening in novelty. Just really really darn good. Worth sharing with a friend

• Options
    I can understand not picking up CBS. I've been so broke we got keystone because pbr was out of reach. It's deffo just a luxury thing, not at all life changing or even eye opening in novelty. Just really really darn good. Worth sharing with a friend

Nah, got to save it all for yourself. Never share.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Getting ready for a holiday party this Friday, going to hit the liquor store for some holiday beer, and suggestions?

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Stone Xocoveza
    Troeg Mad Elf
    New Belgium Frambozen

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    What are some good bitter winter beers? Haven't seen many holiday IPAs (could it be that the trend is finally dying and I won't look like a hipster when I order them anymore?!).

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Great Divide Hibernation is one of my favorites.

And I haven't tried it yet but Stone has an Enjoy By 12/25 and it's probably pretty good based off the rest of the series.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »
    Great Divide Hibernation is one of my favorites.

And I haven't tried it yet but Stone has an Enjoy By 12/25 and it's probably pretty good based off the rest of the series.

Enjoy By is my jam, I'll see if I can find that one anywhere around here.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I got one of these recently, hoping to share it with some friends tonight

PHKDkQB.jpg

• Options
    Ha! - I almost picked that one up this weekend.

Let us know how it goes.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I have been doing my traditional holiday beer sampling and still love Tidings by Port City. A belgian with a great flavor.

To be honest, on the chocolatey warmer side of holiday beer - Trader Joe's had this "Bouche de Noel" thing that was $3 and incredible. Just tasted like a melted chocolate bar.

Last night, not holiday themed, I had Flying Dog's Snake Oil Black Lager. It was made with the Snake Oil Hot Sauce company, and was probably one of the better pepper beers I've had.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Oh snap, I need to go to my local and find some Xocoveza Charred.

Or not. Not currently available anywhere in Chicago according to BeerMenus.

Ketar on
  • Options
    Deadfall wrote: »
    Stone Xocoveza
    Troeg Mad Elf
    New Belgium Frambozen

Well Troeg is nowhere near me, but I'll try the others and report back

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I have three bottles of Xocoveza in my fridge because they ran out of an inferior beer that I was ordering for a party.

I was like "Yes please I will take those."

Unfortunately my stomach has made it so beer drinking is not in my life so much still... but soon, beer babies. Soon. I hope.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Xocoveza Charred was actually less chewy than the normal version. The famous spiced dark chocolate flavor was not nearly so pronounced.

It was still extremely good, but I don't think I would get it again over the normal variety.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I got my hands on some of Coney Island's Watermelon Wheat that had somehow slipped past getting picked up 'til December and it's honestly the best watermelon beer I've had. Not life-changing, but I liked it better than Hell or High Watermelon and the couple other forgettable ones I've tried.

• Options
    A local beer blogger is touring some places in Washington right now and noted one major difference between tasting rooms there and tasting rooms in Oregon: food.

Not 'how good is it?' but 'do they actually serve any?' Because most of the places up there don't seem to.

I can only think of two or three in Portland that don't, but two of those have food trucks parked just outside the door. How's it work where you're at?

• Options
    In the breweries I've visited in Northern Michigan only one of them doesnt serve food. Although it does have free popcorn.

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    The Judge wrote: »
    A local beer blogger is touring some places in Washington right now and noted one major difference between tasting rooms there and tasting rooms in Oregon: food.

Not 'how good is it?' but 'do they actually serve any?' Because most of the places up there don't seem to.

I can only think of two or three in Portland that don't, but two of those have food trucks parked just outside the door. How's it work where you're at?

Depends on the size/success of the place around here in central wi at the places I've been. Small places tend to have none, or just small snack options. Buddy is looking into starting his own place and had looked into it, success rate of breweries without food is somewhere around 90%, where places that offer meals is somewhere closer to only 50-60%.
    Friends up in Vancouver tell me most places they go to don't offer food, I'm assuming for the same reasons.

Mr. Buttons on
  • Options
    In my opinion, snack-options qualify. Anything that soaks up some of the alcohol.

• Options
    Here in northwest Indiana, I think I know of only one brewery that isn't a brew pub.

• Options
    Breweries around here tend not to give out food, in my experience (Boston).

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    On Long Island, the breweries tend to be situated in / operate restaurants which I haven't tried eating at.

I ought to go to the Captain Lawrence set-up in Elmsford some time, but a quick look suggests they don't feed you during their tour process.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Here in NoVa almost all of them just park food trucks outside.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow