Options

aesthetic [chat]

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I wonder how many Americans have spent decades preparing for a presidential career.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    4-0 cubs after 4 innings
    Kershaw pitch count at 72

I'm erect.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    wandering wrote: »
    speaking of voting NPR was doing a piece today about how more and more districts are starting to allow internet voting and also how internet voting is laughably insecure

https://www.revealnews.org/episodes/how-to-really-steal-an-election/

p scary

so when they say 32 states allow internet voting, they're counting six that allow fax but not email. My states is one of the ones that doesn't allow web portal voting but does allow email voting, and I googled and it looks like its only for absentee voters.

I'm not sure you can really steal an election if you can only affect absentee voting. If turnout jumps to 100% for absentee voters people are going to look into it.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    the "ideal" doesn't really exist

as

or isn't electable

can't really just cut off part of my comment :P

yeah it's a shame things were rigged

oh well i guess 8 years of having a good cool president is all america can handle before it goes back to lighting itself on fire it seems ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not sure if you're kidding or not but the primaries weren't rigged. That's some bernie bro conspiracy shit.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    tav what are you on about

sig.gif
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    when Bernie showed up on Bill Maher's show the other day I was like
    mFeHWCl.png?1
    Spider-Man wrote:

• Options
    Tav stop hating on us pyro-Americans.

We have feelings too.

We feel hot.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    real talk: i can't wait for clinton to win and trump to fade into obscurity so the internet stops posting like him

i'm sick of seeing tweets and posts in his cadence that just end with "Sad!"

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    the "ideal" doesn't really exist

as

or isn't electable

can't really just cut off part of my comment :P

yeah it's a shame things were rigged

oh well i guess 8 years of having a good cool president is all america can handle before it goes back to lighting itself on fire it seems ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nah we will be fine, Hillary is pretty damn okay, all things considered.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    mRahmani wrote: »
    Okay guys I don't usually do this but

14650153_10107231045448773_4498225619873887110_n.jpg?oh=bc7deac98400e84af9dce835c5a9c760&oe=58A5851C

Love my girls!

Batsignalling @Hakkekage for baby irooni
    sorry @mRahmani she's dealing with the ayatollah tonight at some persian function...dude is a rl toolbag...gonna be awhile until she sees this

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    I just googled one of the 5 that allows web portal voting - I picked Arizona. 4 of the 5 aren't swing states, the 5th being Missouri. Arizona seems to allow web portal voting if you have a disability and sign up to be a permanent early voter due to your disability.

sig.gif
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    If by "rigged" you mean Hillary was better prepared, more organized, understood party rules, had an actual plan, and had the support of high ranking party members who weren't bound by primary results, then yes the primary was rigged.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    I hope the next Spidey movie isn't mopey "oh jeez my qtpie gf or be Spider-Man what do I chooooose?" for half the runtime.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    when i went to the caucus here in colorado it seemed like old democrats really love hillary

like they thought bernie was p okay but they were super fucking thrilled about hillary

you could not have convinced them not to vote for her if Bernie was practically perfect in every way

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Teenage drama is like 90% of spoodermanz

If you get rid of that it's just annoying wisecracks and goofy villains

• Options
    also i can't wait for the election to be over because at this rate i'd pay money to never see the phrase "perfect is the enemy of good" ever again

• Options
    politics is awful

• Options

spiderman was amazing in civil war i loved it

maybe we just need spiderman movies to be 20% spiderman max

sig.gif
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    My apartment is 65 degrees right now.

This is heaven.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    mRahmani wrote: »
    Okay guys I don't usually do this but

14650153_10107231045448773_4498225619873887110_n.jpg?oh=bc7deac98400e84af9dce835c5a9c760&oe=58A5851C

Love my girls!

Batsignalling @Hakkekage for baby irooni
    sorry @mRahmani she's dealing with the ayatollah tonight at some persian function...dude is a rl toolbag...gonna be awhile until she sees this

Oh man Persian gossip

I gotta hear this story

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular

ASSHOLE TEEN BEATS UP WORKING CLASS AMERICANS; USES MILLENIAL SLANG

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Yeah HRC will be fine, and it'll be cool to have the first female president with such an established resume

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    when i went to the caucus here in colorado it seemed like old democrats really love hillary

like they thought bernie was p okay but they were super fucking thrilled about hillary

you could not have convinced them not to vote for her if Bernie was practically perfect in every way

Bernie benefitted greatly from not having his past litigated by the right during the camoaign.

Hillary benefitted from having her past litigated by the right decades ago, so there really werent any surprises.

Bernie never released his tax returns, he wrote some pretty damaging stuff that never got mainstream attention...I really liked the guy but I also seriosuly doubt he would have handled Trump half as well as Hillary's team has, especially when it came to exploiting his character weaknesses.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    Poetry is well represented in the list of Nobel laureates.

As well are playwrights, which tbh I think a play is more divorced from a novel than a song is from poetry.

A screenplay is to a movie what lyrics are to a song though, and yet.

For the most part a story is still a story and words are still words regardless of whether something is live or recorded, spoken or sung.

While the ENJOYMENT of something will certainly depend on certain elements, as long as all the same conceptual elements are presented* you get the same information at the end of the day.

*Some elements of a story may be presented visually or audibly, so obviously you'd need to factor that in when converting to pure text, and visa versa.

I don't relate to this view at all. I do not view art as "information". Nor do I agree that experiences are intact when translated from genre to genre. Example: "I liked the book better than the movie".

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Oh my god, I love my @Echo Dot 2.0 from Amazon. I've only had it for a day, but it's pretty awesome.

I never expected them to ship me a Penny Arcade Forums moderator, but Echo has been great at playing music and placing hentai orders for me.

Also, I'm not sure how they managed to squeeze him into this little container, but regardless, he's been doing a great job.

Amazon-Echo-Dot.jpg

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Also, just an aside, I am very glad Jeff Weaver has not been a presence on the national stage for months. He was the worst.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    If by "rigged" you mean Hillary was better prepared, more organized, understood party rules, had an actual plan, and had the support of high ranking party members who weren't bound by primary results, then yes the primary was rigged.

Rigged like a functional machine!
    Aioua wrote: »
    Poetry is well represented in the list of Nobel laureates.

As well are playwrights, which tbh I think a play is more divorced from a novel than a song is from poetry.

A screenplay is to a movie what lyrics are to a song though, and yet.

For the most part a story is still a story and words are still words regardless of whether something is live or recorded, spoken or sung.

While the ENJOYMENT of something will certainly depend on certain elements, as long as all the same conceptual elements are presented* you get the same information at the end of the day.

*Some elements of a story may be presented visually or audibly, so obviously you'd need to factor that in when converting to pure text, and visa versa.

I don't relate to this view at all. I do not view art as "information". Nor do I agree that experiences are intact when translated from genre to genre. Example: "I liked the book better than the movie".

It literally is all just information. That's not to diminish it, information is a pretty broad thing! How you experience things differs by medium, but if you can get the same information across and inspire the same response the meritorious aspect of a thing has been accomplished. Obviously no two mediums can be 100% 1:1 in the information they provide the human mind, but a good enough artist can get pretty close.

Also book <-> novel is almost never going to carry the same information, if simply because artists who are good enough to transfer that have better things to do than to capture shaky cam in a novel.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    God damn it I am not relitigating the primaries nor the general

You god damn sons of bitches just vote for Hillary

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    There is no such thing as a quick trip to IKEA.

• Options
    Drez wrote: »
    Oh my god, I love my @Echo Dot 2.0 from Amazon. I've only had it for a day, but it's pretty awesome.

I never expected them to ship me a Penny Arcade Forums moderator, but Echo has been great at playing music and placing hentai orders for me.

Also, I'm not sure how they managed to squeeze him into this little container, but regardless, he's been doing a great job.

Amazon-Echo-Dot.jpg

Have you tried him in British yet?

You do lose some functionality because of silly assumptions, but I luuuurve the voice.

• Options

Amazon-Echo-Dot.jpg

Have you tried him in British yet?

You do lose some functionality because of silly assumptions, but I luuuurve the voice.

I have not, but I shall do so.

• Options
    The Echo Dot 2.0 has a pretty damn good speaker unto itself. For only $50 this is pretty damn good.

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    God damn it I am not relitigating the primaries nor the general

You god damn sons of bitches just vote for Hillary

Worst part is that an irishman started this ball a rolling.

Foreign actors are influencing oir elections...

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I'm getting into the new Stellaris midgame content
    R432eH5.jpg

Meet the Qell'Nudar, an ancient and powerful race of space sloths

I57vX50.jpg

They love peace so much that they will blow up your ships and invade your planets until you sign their pan-galactic peace treaty

QiUQI5z.jpg

Most of the empires in this shot are helping the Fjasivlins to defend against a Qell'Nudar invasion, but so far their alliance is losing pretty badly

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Oh my god, I love my Echo Dot 2.0 from Amazon. I've only had it for a day, but it's pretty awesome.

Amazon-Echo-Dot.jpg

At least they punched a bunch of airholes in the case

• Options
    The Echo Dot 2.0 has a pretty damn good speaker unto itself. For only $50 this is pretty damn good.

The new one also processes sound faster than the old one.

I picked up a six-pack of them for the discount and am passing them out here and there.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I wish I hadn't voted for Bernie.

• Options
    At my request, my Echo Dot is now filling my room with Teardrop from Massive Attack.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    I wish I hadn't voted for Bernie.

It's ok, no harm done.

• Options

The new one also processes sound faster than the old one.

I picked up a six-pack of them for the discount and am passing them out here and there.

Cool. This is my first one. It's pretty fantastic.

I shelled out the $4 for Amazon Music Unlimited even though I have Rhapsody (now Napster) and Apple Music.

This discussion has been closed.