As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2016 - GIFTING COMPLETE!

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Oh jeez, I really need to clean up my wishlist

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Threadly reminder to use smile.amazon.com where possible, so you can also chuck money at the charity of your choice when you order. @Brolo might want to stick that in the OP someplace.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Here is my suggestion post.
    What is up, Satan.

You lookin' good these days. You lifting? Nice. Nice.

I like to make stuff. I like to listen to stuff. I like to read stuff and play stuff. I have, like, about half a dozen wishlists any more, but here's the notable ones:

My "everything" list. Stuff I wander across and find interesting? I toss it on here. It's massive, but I review it every few months, so don't think that stuff way deep in the list is stuff I don't want any more, I prune pretty regular.

My Crafty list. Man alive, I like art supplies. I build and paint models for D&D mostly, but I like tools of all kinds.

My Music List. I have a decent, but not particularly fancy, record player and a steadily growing collection of records. I fucking love records.

Please don't think that these are the only things in the world I want. These are just collections of stuff, but I am absolutely happy to receive as much or as little as you feel like sending. You have a cool piece of art you wanna make? A fancy card? Do whatever.

Okay bye, I love you.

8406wWN.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Oh jeez, I really need to clean up my wishlist

Yeah. This always reminds me.

• RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Please remember to update your wishlists. Last year, I ran into the issue of buying things the other person already had and I don't want to go through that again.

My suggestion post
    - I'm a female small for shirts but I'm not big on receiving clothes
    - I like fantasy and historical fiction books and have read and loved stuff by Tamora Pierce, Jim Butcher, Terry Brooks, George R.R. Martin, and Jasper Fforde. I'm a big fan of mixing humor, fantasy, and/or history together. I've most recently finished Salt by Mark Kurlansky and I'm trying to finish The Name of the Wind but it's slow going.
    - Food is cool. I'm very plain and only like basic desserts like chocolate chip cookies or brownies so if you decide to make food and go beyond my comfort zone, it might go to my husband (who will happily eat almost anything). Please note that I can't handle anything spicy. What people think is mild is actually pretty damn spicy to me and my body can't handle it
    - In terms of gaming, I'm looking for the next big thing to dive into. More recently, I completed and loved Skyrim, Witcher 3, and Bioshock Infinite. Not really into shooters unless it has the story/rpg element to it (like Infinite). I also play World of Warcraft and am big on collecting mounts/pets (Rayze on Mok'nathal)
    - Steam name is Arborealis. I have a Wii U and 3DS as well as past Nintendo consoles/handhelds but I prefer to game on my PC
    - I'm Jewish so please no Christmas themed items

Rayze on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Making this post now so I can send it with my sign-up:

Hey, Satan, thanks for being awesome! I have an Amazon wishlist: https://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/VHNMMQVKH42B Don't feel super beholden to that, but please note that I don't really have any place to put physical books, DVDs, or games so if you can gift me digital, that's preferred for that. I do have a desk at work that I can put little trinkets and cool stuff (like, I have a cool Odell Beckham POP Vinyl figure on my desk right now).

Beyond that, I love Overwatch, Sports (and sports video games) (my teams are the NY Giants, NY Yankees, NY Knicks, and NYCFC), old school turn-based RPGs, Pokemon, comedy movies and TV, Game of Thrones. I own a PS4, a Gaming Laptop, a 3DS XL, a Kindle Fire, and an Android cell phone.

I wear a size 3XL t-shirt, size 46 waist (48 is fine too), 30 length in pants, 12 or 12.5 in sneakers, my hat size would be like 7.25.

I primarily wear polo shirts to work but I also have a few casual button downs. Its a school Main Office so if you go that route, please know that it should be school appropriate (and casual Friday is a thing so t-shirts and jeans are fine, too).

Anything else refer to the wishlist. Thanks again!

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I'm in!

wishlist is in the sig!

edit: please ignore the mattress and bunk bed* (those are things I saved that I'm getting for myself and my kids this summer)

*unless you are a millionaire and feel like it

edit:

I really like cooking! I have no decent cooking utensils aside from a really nice zester!

Xaquin on
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Hello Satan! First off, be assured that I am an easygoing guy and will be pleased as punch if I get a box from The Internet, no matter what's inside. That's what this is all about for me, so no pressure!

That said, here are some specifics, if that's your jam! I like quality tools for making and working on stuff - I've been thinking about some kind of multitool as it would be handy. I literally like propane and propane accessories, because I make fire art. I do some electronics tinkering too, mostly with Arduino and LED strips. Can never have too much APA102! For media, I like sci-fi generally; some of my favorite authors are Neal Stephenson and Kim Stanley Robinson. I have a gaming PC on which I play some video games - I'm a lifelong Blizzard fanboy and have been pretty into Overwatch. My Steam account name is also Tossrock.

Those are just ideas though! I also like handmade gifts, if you're one-a-them artsy people, or consumable gifts like unusual candy, homemade cookies, straight whisky, exotic drugs, etc. If you're stuck, I'm also always into getting a chance to experience other people's taste - if there's something you like a lot, I bet I might like it too! Looking forward to anything you might consider giftworthy! Have a happy holiday season :)

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Hello, my Satan! This is my wishlist!
    I am pretty low maintenance, and would be totally cool with you sending me a gift card. One for Wal-Mart or Amazon would be ideal.

I'm pretty into nerd swag, so if that's your aim, my interests are Steven Universe, Transformers, Star Wars, Marvel comics and movies, DC animation, Mouse Guard, Dresden Files, Undertale, and a variety of other random stuff I can't think of off the top of my head.

If your aim is to get me clothes, keep in mind that I'm just over 6 foot, and around 330 lbs. So, try to get me something in 4X if you can. 3X should be big enough, if need be.

I'm okay with you sending me treats or whatever. Ideally I'd prefer non-dairy since I'm slightly lactose intolerant. It's not severe, but non-dairy is less trouble all the same.

I'm pretty into music and recording, and I have variety of weird instruments, including a few ocarinas, some penny whistles, a melodica and other more obscure stuff. If you're someone who happens to know my taste in music at all, sheet music wouldn't be a bad gift idea.

An amp would be excellent, but those are pricey and outside of most folks' price range, so I'm not holding my breath on that. :P

I also would not mind any sort of musically-themed swag. I have some of that around my room and I love it. Who doesn't love dumb knick knacks? Terrorists, that's who.

Here is my Amazon wishlist, if you want more specific stuff.

I will probably add more details later if I come up with any useful to add, either to the post or the wishlist

Go no. Gift as you see fit.

JLaj9d6.png

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Wooo time to charge up my gifting lasers!

Ok, let's do this!
    Greetings Satan, here goes!

Clothing: Shirt size XL-2X (varies, when in doubt err on larger side)

Music: Pretty big metal fan. Huge fan of In Flames, own most of their stuff. New album hitting soon that is in it radar. Have lots of older stuff currently, big Iron Maiden fan too. I do have a record player and love me some vinyl too so that's always a super awesome way to go with music. Speaking of which, the announced Shovel Knight Vinyl Soundtrack would be pretty awesome:
    http://bigwax.fr/en/brave-wave/gs-002

Games: Yay games! I'll edit this with my Steam Wishlist once I grab the link. I own the following: PS4, PS3, XBox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, Wii, 3DS, Vita. For reference on games look at my Amazon list below as I use it for birthday and Christmas as well so items get marked off successfully. I'm also a huge retro collector (NES, SNES, N64, Master System, Genesis, Sega CD, Saturn, Game Boy, Advance, also have a Retron 5 for HD recording purposes). Current biggest things I'm after are Super Adventure Island II, Megaman X3 SNES, and Mega Man V and VI NES.

For anything else have a look at my amazon wishlist as well: http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/30MGE8VLCEJ1B

Beyond that, you are awesome no matter what Secret Satan and I'll love whatever you give me!

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    I did the secret saints last year so I'll probably do that again unless someone from the old guard steps up to do it.

I have no faith in my own ability to post or run that but I will happily participate again. :)

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Brolo, you are a champion.

All I want for Chrimmus
    HAIL SATAN!

Satan, I live in Singapore, and I think maybe there's like ONE other forumer in this little red dot, so apologies for running up ye auld shipping costs. Amazon does deliver here, but it's not free unless you spend beaucoup bucks, which I obviously do not expect at all.

Alright. Moving on.

I love books! I have a lot of them already but there's no such thing as too many. I collect several types of books - unusual editions of Sherlock Holmes stories, books on WWI, things illustrated by Edward Gorey, non-fiction books about overfishing/the ocean, and most recently I've started collecting HILARIOUS retro cookbooks. I read a lot of science (natural science, neuroscience, paleontology/geology type stuff mostly), and a lot of history (particularly about WWI or non-Western/non-white-dudes) and I soooorta kinda have an addiction to true crime. I hated The Devil in the White City and loved The Lost City of Z. I also read a fair amount of fiction but I tend to like unusual novels more than pop fiction.

I own a PS4, for which I have like four games only, because I'm a sad girl without much time to play bideo games. Mostly I'm still playing The Witness in my free time (what there is of it), and I play Overwatch sometimes. I love puzzle games and mystery-solving games and FPS games. I actively dislike turn-based RPGs, boring-ass resource building and strategy games like Civ (sorry), and zergfests. Looking at you, Star Wars Battlefront.

I don't really watch TV and I am extremely unlikely to start. I watched Stranger Things and considered it a personal victory. The last two series before that that I had actually gotten through were True Detective and Chef's Table. By and large the TV I do watch is like a million years old or weird. I rewatch Band of Brothers probably once a year, and I'm working through Star Trek: TNG as my background noise these days.

I love movies but my taste in them is uhhh, hard to pin down I guess? I don't own very many Blu-Ray films even though I've got the PS4. In fact, I own four, Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Evil Dead 2 and It Follows. Half of those were gifts. B-movies (practical effeeeects) are a great bet, and for the last couple of years I've gotten SUPER SUPER into Asian martial arts films, specifically ones from the 60's, 70's and 80's. I also love luchador films. Otherwise, horror, action, or experimental insanity are your best bets. I'm not doing very well at describing what I like, so I'm just going to quote what @Grey Ghost said to me the other day:
    I'm curious about the alternate universe where you watch good movies in your free time, and not Gamer

I wonder what that's like

The world will never know.

I also loooove music but have pretty gat damn eclectic range. Here is a list of things I have enjoyed:

American dancehall, blues and swing from the 20's and 30's
    Cambodian psych-rock
    Punk (but not pop punk, sorry)
    Garage/low-fi/rockabilly
    Chinese 60's bubblegum pop
    French coldwave
    New York underground dance music of the 70's
    New Wave
    Opera
    Classical (some medieval, some modern, some romantic, no fucking waltzes or Nibelungenlied)
    Industrial
    Classic country
    WU-TANG

So you see what I mean. All over the damn place. I have a record player and I have an Alexa.

I have a dog! His name is Haechi and he's very stupid and very sweet. I do a lot of yoga! I own a bike and love bike riding! I cook and bake in my free time! I love spicy food, and gummy candies (Wine gums are my favourite, Haribo is second-best, those gummy bears that make you poop your pants WOULD NOT BE A FUNNY JOKE), and DIY projects. I also like automatics and IoT-related things (I work in IT).

I love all things morbid and related to death/the dead, make of that what you will. I love weird and historical things and things from across the globe and things of local or unusual provenance.

I also enjoy board games, particularly cooperative, party/team games, or trivia games. In my spare time I do yoga, ride my bike, play with my dog, and cook. I love cooking, and I am - ahem - detail-oriented, so I'm extremely likely to try my hand at challenging, multi-day kitchen projects.

Also, my Amazon wishlist is clickable through my sig picture!

Hey Satan, if you want to take this super easy way, I tell you what you can do for me for Secret Satans - you can make a donation for me to a non-profit group in the United States to help bolster organizations that Trump is going to try his best to destroy, like Planned Parenthood, the Transgender Law Center, the Southern Poverty Law Center, the Trevor Project, the International Rescue Committee, or the Environmental Defense Fund

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Okay, I'm gonna do this. Apologies if it's a hassle for my Satan but I sat it out last year and it made me so sad.
    Hi Satan! Thanks for being awesome.

First thing to get out the way is I live in South Africa right now and the postal service is fairly terrible. However I will be back in the UK from 10th to 29th December. If you want to send a physical gift I recommend sending it to my UK address because I'd hate for you to suffer the consequences of late delivery to SA. (of course if it doesn't get to my UK address until January that's totally cool! I will get it eventually :) )

Alternatively you can send a digital gift to avoid the risk. My current laptop is not very powerful but I like simple puzzle/adventure type games which it can run fine, and anything it can't run will still be appreciated because I will have it to look forward to when I get back to my proper PC. Here is my Steam wishlist (though I'm out of the gaming news loop so you may know of other cool things I haven't heard of)

Here is my Amazon wishlist which may or may not be any use. Anything from here will go to my UK address, obvs.

Other ideas:
    • I would love some cool art to adorn my boring walls, whether created, commissioned, or chosen by you.
    • My favourite kinds of novels are sci-fi, post-apocalyptica, and historical fiction
    • I also love non-fiction books on basically any topic - science, history, notable persons, the natural word... basically if you know a cool book that will teach me about something I'm not familiar with I'll love it
    • If you're into comics, they are something I've always been interested in but which totally passed me by when I was younger, so it'd be neat to read any you think are particularly good.

Other general points for inspiration's sake: I love nature/wildlife/animals of all varieties; my favourite films are Jurassic Park 1 and Mad Max Fury Road; I like beer and spicy food.

Most of all though I'd love something personal to you. Postcards or photos or some kind of quirky souvenir from where you live, something made by you if that's your thing, or just something you love which you want to share with other people. I appreciate that time and money wise getting things to me may be a hassle, so I'd be happy with just a little thing like that and then if you had planned to give more then please pay it forward to Secret Saints or Child's Play or something!

Nov 16th edit: Inspired by some others I am listing here a few of my preferred charities in case you wish to make a donation to them on my behalf, which would be rocking of you:

Wild Aid is an organisation that aims to support conservation by reducing demand for endangered animal products. They enlist popular figures and celebrities to make adverts which are broadcast mainly in SE Asia, where the majority of the markets are. I firmly believe that tackling demand is the single best way to protect these species so I love what Wild Aid are doing.

Against Malaria Foundation distributes mosquito nets across areas badly afflicted by malaria. They are one of the highest rated charities in terms of getting the most benefit from any given donation amount.

Global Giving page for the charitable trust that supports the anti-poaching team on the game reserve where I work. Donations here will directly help protect the rhinos (and the people defending them) I see on a daily basis, whom I love very much.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    placeholder post to update later with suggestions

but for now, wishlist: https://amzn.com/w/3QNWZKRV2GJVO

I was going to edit this more like I have in years past with shirt sizes, and things about me.

But, even before this election, I've been trying to get more involved with charities and non-profits. I'm actually volunteering my skills as a developer to build a site/app for a local non-profit that provides LGBTQ health services that are normally uninsured.

With that and recent events in mind, if you really want to get me something special this year, maybe donate to one of these causes:

Family Tree Clinic
    https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/familytreeclinic

Planned Parenthood
    https://secure.ppaction.org/site/Donation2?df_id=12913&12913.donation=form1&s_src=Evergreen_c3_PPNonDirected_banner

Child's Play
    http://childsplaycharity.org/

Minnesota Coalition for Battered Women
    http://www.mcbw.org/donate

If you still feel like purchasing me something: I like sci-fi, fantasty, and comic books (Green Lantern, Superman, Iron Fist and Captain America if I had to choose). I enjoy spicy food and dark liquors of all kinds.

The only real piece of tech I wanted was a steam link...and...well...Stale beat you to it this year. Guess not even Satan can best Stale.

UPDATE:

If you are still like, scratchin your head, ask @Keith and do whatever he says

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Hm, my wishlist is practically empty this year

Time to steal ideas from you scoundrels

late edit to avoid double post - anyone know of a source of good video game posters or canvas prints?

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    @Noggin Fangamer usually has some neat stuff; society6 also gives you a means to get canvas prints and posters for various video game art.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I'm kinda iffy on if I want to sign up this year or not.

I don't know if it's going to be in my budget to gift as well as I'd like. But I have done these almost every year since I cam back right? uhhg, decisions.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    So last year i sent some stuff, and promised other stuff would be coming. It never came. Why? Because I sent it out like yesterday @Goose! uh maybe you should watch an eye for a package coming your way in the next week or so, as a late part 2 of my Secret Satans gift from last year.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    For Your Infernal Majesty's Eyes Only
    Ah, Satan, what a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance. I'm wishing I'd sold my soul slightly before the holiday season, this year, as I might be able to ask for something of greater good than mere baubles, but alas, time marches on. So let me tell you a bit about myself.

Let me start things off easy, with my Amazon Wishlist. That wishlist is almost entirely full of books (physical only), along with a smattering of DVDs (specifically- I do not own a Blu-Ray player) and board games, because I have never gotten used to the idea of treating Amazon as more than a bookstore. If you want to understand it further, I have a rudimentary priority sorting which I recommend switching to, as it will tell you things I want the most off of it. If you see something that is, say, number one of six in a series, and you don't see number two through six, you can assume that I do not have those either- I try to keep it well updated to where I am in various serial entertainments, because otherwise I'll end up getting things in weird orders from the other people who use this thing.

I don't think there's anything on there representative of it, but I do own a record player too, if you want to buy me music that you think I might like.

But do not feel beholden to that list! Here's the thing - that list can only cover the things that I know that I want. And what I really want is whatever weird shit you want to send me. If that list gives you ideas of things you think I might like, go for it. I'm especially up for artsy things, if you are an artist, and I'm up for whatever filth you may desire in the NSFW department, because why the hell not.

I can't eat seafood, in case you were planning on sending me a trout, and I'm not super into nuts or coconut. Or like, banana I guess? I'm constructing a pretty weird narrative here in order to get a box full of bananas and trout. But other food is probably a safe bet. I drink coffee (primarily) and tea (sometimes) and alcohol (constantly), and would definitely appreciate any of those being sent, if you have like, some local flavor or whatever you want to share with me.

Clothing is a fraught game, and in general I'd recommend you steer clear. I'm real weird shaped, being a skeleton man composed entirely of limbs, so these measurements are mostly estimates, but regardless, I tend to go with a men's small for t-shirts/sweaters, a 15/32 for dress shirts, 36R for jackets, 29/34 for pants, and a 7 1/4 for hats (I probably don't want you to get me a hat though). My overall fashion sense is white button-up shirts, gray unadorned v-necks, and black jeans. Often paired with a leather jacket in one of those colors, as well.

As we are members of a forum that is largely devoted to the enjoyment of video games, I feel obligated to mention those. I don't have any sort of video game consoles, and my computer is a fairly lightweight laptop, so my video game diet is composed mostly of indie stuff, and entirely of stuff on Steam. I have a wishlist there, too - username is Quetzi - if you want to check it on out.

That is, I believe, the majority of what I have to say. Maybe I'll add more, but probably not. I've done this in previous years, if you think those wishlists can be more helpful, but I'm pretty sure they won't be, because I copied and pasted a lot of this!

Hail Satan,
    Straightzi

Straightzi on
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Nullzone wrote: »
    @Noggin Fangamer usually has some neat stuff; society6 also gives you a means to get canvas prints and posters for various video game art.

That site seems pretty great, I found a perfect gift for someone already! Thanks so much!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Dear Satan,

2016 has been...a year. so i thank you kindly for participating in this, our most unholy of traditions. and i hope your year, no matter how it has gone, ends with cheer and happiness and kindness.
    to be honest i'm not up to writing something creative this year, so i'll jump to it.

surprisingly, i'm a fan of video games! although i only game on my Windows PC and maybe my 3ds these days. for an idea of gaming stuff i still haven't gotten to, check out my Steam wishlist: http://steamcommunity.com/id/fightinfilipino/wishlist

i've also got other stuff listed on Amazon: http://a.co/7ZJzqOe
    be warned: it's kind of a mishmosh list i've just been throwing stuff on, so if you pick from there, just pick whatever you feel comfortable with!

i have been trying to read more. i prefer books of the paper variety (i don't have a Kindle or other reading device). i enjoy high and not-so-high fantasy stuff (think ASoIaF) and have become a recent fan of Patrick Rothfuss (of Acq. Inc. fame and some decent books i guess?). books in that millieu would be appreciated!

i partake of the wines and the beers and hard liquors. i like my alcohol like my coffee: dark and rich. think chocolate stouts, porters, big red wines, bourbons. i also enjoy alcohol-relevant accessories (fancy wine uncorking devices, bottle stoppers).

i guess my only specific request? i've been looking to replace my Mass Effect N7 hoodie. i have one of the original hoodies, before Bioware made the new one, so if you feel like it, this hoodie would be a good gift! http://www.biowarestore.com/apparel/hoodies/n7-armour-stripe-hoody-mk-ii
    i wear size small. i suppose that would go for any clothing.

anyways, thank you for being a part of this. HAIL SATAN!

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    I'm hilariously and terribly broke this year so good luck everybody else. Good on you for carrying the torch @Brolo

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I think I've been around long enough to finally feel comfortable participating... so, Wishlist!
    About me: I'm 35, single, and live in central Utah. If you are some kind of legit magical Christmas Wizard and can give me the gift of NOT being in Central Utah, that would be rad. But if you're an ordinary human being, ordinary human gifts are also rad.

Media In General.
    I am interested in broadening my experiences. Books, games, movies, music, and so on, if you've got something you adore and don't think enough people have checked out, throw it my way. If you're not sure if it's something I'd already know, ask me. I do not care at all about surprises and spoilers, but if it will make you happy, you can ask "do you know [media title]?" and if I answer no, I will refrain from looking into it until the gift arrives.

Books of all sorts.
    Especially nonfiction on History, Politics, Biographies, Geography, Sociology, and Religion/Mythology. Scifi/Fantasy is a low-risk option that I'll probably like, but it's also an extremely well-traveled rut for me, so maybe stay away unless you've got a recommendation that's just burning a hole in your mind.

Comic Books.
    I used to keep up with a ton of different books, but at some point pretty much everything but Batman fell off the budget, and now every time I go to the comic store and look at the big wall of trade paperbacks, I get overwhelmed by all the options. I mostly take care of my own Batman related needs, but other bat-family books are OK. Anything DC, Marvel, Dark Horse, Image, or whatver is also good.

Also, my whole DC Vertigo collection (mainly Sandman, Hellblazer, and Books of Magic) as well as all my Hellboy books got ruined in a flood. If you're more comfortable buying something you're sure I'd be happy with, replacing some of those would be great!

Ooh! Also! The Avatar: the Last Airbender and Avatar: Legend of Korra comics! I've been meaning to pick those up!

Music.
    I'm kind of a metalhead. Except when I'm not. Eh. More than any other category, this one is seeming kind of perilous. Maybe don't buy me music.

Film & TV.
    My MCU collection is still missing Incredible Hulk, Thor 2, Iron Man 3, Age of Ultron, Ant Man, and Civil War. I only have season 1 of Legend of Korra (but all three of Last Airbender). I have watched The West Wing from beginning to end half a dozen times, and live in peril of the day they take them down from Netflix. Deep Space 9 was my favorite Star Trek, but I only own season 7.

Video Games.
    There are seven sacred franchises - Soul Calibur, Legend of Zelda, Dragon Age, Metroid, Final Fantasy (favorites - 6, 8 and 10), Batman: Arkham, and Castlevania. It is safe to assume that I have all entries in those lineups that weren't deemed too toxic for human consumption. Other games that have had a big impact on me are Chrono Trigger, Portal, Journey, Destiny, Kingdom Hearts and Bayonetta. If reading these lineups gives you an idea for something you think I'd like, go for it. And non-game merch related to them, such as figures, weapon replicas, posters, art books, and soundtracks is also all great! I was also a fierce devotee of the City of Heroes universe, although there's sadly not a lot of merch still floating around for it.

I own the following systems:
    - In storage, but probably still working: SNES, Game Cube, Wii, PS1, PS2, literally every iteration of Game Boy.
    - In my house in regular active use: PS3, PS4, WiiU, 3DS XL.
    - My PC is old, and I don't do a whole lot of gaming on it, since the death of City of Heroes, and customer service shenanigans from Guild Wars 2, finally broke my MMO habit.

Tabletop Gaming.
    I've never been big on board games. I enjoy playing them, but the ones I own tend to sit in my closet gathering dust.

I own heaps and heaps of books for D&D5E, D&D4E, Classic World of Darkness, New World of Darkness, Exalted, Ars Magica, GURPS, and Shadowrun. Accessories related to these are great! Well, some of these. I have cut Onyx Path Publishing out of my budget permanently, so I'd rather avoid accumulating any more NWoD/Chronicles of Darkness or Exalted stuff. Classic World of Darkness stuff is fine, since Paradox is in charge now. Especially Mage: the Ascension and Changeling: the Dreaming.

And those Spell Card Sets for D&D 5E are really great! I could use pretty much any set, but Arcane would get the most mileage out of Arcane spellcasters.

Dice.
    I am a dice connoisseur, and generally try to get a new set for each new long-term tabletop character. Right now I could use sets appropriate for the following characters:
    - Half-Elf Warlock, a conman who tried to found a cult as a long-term grift, but accidentally succeeded in evoking a very real extradimensional abomination, in whose service he is now (loosely) bound. Visual associations: Night sky, deep ocean, brittle parchment dense with spiraling eldritch sigils, purse full of ill-gotten silver, void-dark maw of the world-devouring worm who waits beyond the boundaries of time.
    MAIN WEAPONS - Eldritch Blast deals up to 4d10 depending on level, but does so as four distinct 1d10 attacks rolled separately. Other spells are all over the place for damage rolls.
    - Human Paladin, an old veteran who received his religious conversion while waiting to die in a soldier's hospice, and rose from his death bed with his health restored to that of a much younger man. Sometimes has a contentious relationship with his fellow faithful due to holding old-fashioned notions of honor and duty that the modern clergy have moved away from. Visual associations: Old scars, rising sun, prayer book bound in ancient leather, sword bathed in holy light, shield with a red griffin device.
    MAIN WEAPONS - Longsword 1d8/1d10 (versatile trait), but almost always paired with a Shield for the lower damage value. Divine Smite ability may add up to 7d8 Radiant Damage at maximum efficiency (level 4-5 spell slot expended, Undead or Fiend enemy, Improved Divine Smite class ability), on top of weapon damage.
    - Wood Elf Ranger, sole survivor of a community destroyed by magical warfare, raised by the restless ghosts of his kin to be the instrument of their vengeance, and release from the mortal realm. Visual associations: Fallen leaves, mossy bark, briar patch full of cobwebs, tarnished bronze arrow heads, soot-black fur of his hound companion.
    MAIN WEAPONS: Longbow 1d8, Throwing Hatchets 1d6, Hound companion's bite 1d6.
    - Half-Orc Barbarian, spoiled son of a political marriage between a human noble and an orcish warchief, decided to become a Shaman because his parents kept hassling him to stop mooching and get a job. On his very first vision quest, accidentally became the Mortal Avatar of the Great Mad Boar Spirit, who had been the forgotten ancient totem of his ancestors, and inherited all the very unwelcome political and religious intrigue associated with the role. Visual Associations: Bloodied tusks, incense smoke, arrow-scarred boarhide cloak, grey skin marked with charcoal and ochre clay, an ancestral sword too fine for such crude hands.
    MAIN WEAPONS: Greatsword 2d6, Half-Orc Savage Attack and Barbarian Brutal Critical features could increase a crit to 8d6 total by level 17.
    - Human Monk, a student of an Elemental martial arts style that focuses on electricity powers (Elemental path homebrew), who dropped out of the monastery because of a temperament unsuited for disciplined learning. She spent a few years as an outlaw, in love with a charismatic bandit king, before experiencing a change of heart. Now she pays the bills with mercenary work, but tries to find jobs that will help her atone for past misdeeds, and desperately hopes to convert her lost love/rival to the hero's path as well.. Loosely based on an old favorite City of Heroes character (a Rogue Electric Brute infatuated with Captain Mako). Visual Associations: Pale blue lightning, azure dragon tattoos, black leather fighting gloves with steel plated knuckles, the silver shark pendant that was a sign of her old gang, thunderclouds unfurled across the horizon like the wings of an Angel of Judgment.
    MAIN WEAPONS: Monk weapons and bonus fist damage run the whole spectrum, don't even worry about it.

These are all D&D 5E characters, so sets including the following are standard: 1d4, 1-3d6, 1d8, 1d10 (standard), 1d10 (percentile), 1d12, and 1d20. All of them wouldn't mind a second d20 for rolling with Advantage. The main weapons listed above are for if you want to go crazy and pick up extras for critical hits and common damage totals.

I will also never turn down more d10s in bulk. Again, Changeling: the Dreaming and Mage: the Ascension (with a particular emphasis on the Order of Hermes) are my big favorites.

Clothing.
    I am basically shaped like a Gorilla with better posture, and I occupy the phantom zone where I'm too big for regular stores, but too small for the Big & Tall store, so good luck finding anything. If it would be fun for you to play dress-up with that, have a good time, I'm not going to stop you, and I will post pics if you ask nicely.

Here are the stats:

- Height 6'2"
    - Shirt size: 2XL, although long XLs also work.
    - Neck: 19" (because you're buying me dress shirts??)
    - Sleeve: 36"
    - Waist: 42"
    - Inseam: 30"
    - Shoe: US Size 13.5, Wide

I feel that I look best in darker colors. Blues, greens, greys, and browns. I went through a 25 year Black T-Shirt phase, but now I'm trying to avoid letting that dominate my wardrobe too much. I wear glasses, so sunglasses or whatever weirdo novelty eye accessories you find are not ideal.

Well, damn it. That turned into more of a wall of text than intended... as usual. Maybe I should just not post when it's slow at work.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Fuck it, I'm trying to be better about spending but this is too much fun every year.

Dear Satan,
    Most of this is gratuitously stolen from last year I've cleaned up my wishlists but I'll be sure to try to flesh them out even more so you have plenty clues
    About me: 28 yr old sys admin who is a large in men's shirts. (usually)
    Besides vibeo games I like photography, cooking, baking, star gazing, collecting vinyl, and my two dogs.
    F0szvEhl.jpg
    as far as consoles go I have an XBone and not too many games on it. I do also own a decent gaming PC.
    I have a kindle paperwhite so that is my preferred format for receiving books.
    I enjoy getting to experience new stuff from different localities

Wishlists:
    Books and misc stuff: http://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/180RJN81WQGM4
    Blu-Rays: http://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/1CY9728IWN5K1
    Records: http://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/2H5F5SEX4C4DP
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kadith/wishlist/

Kadith on
    zkHcp.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    e: sadly having to pull this

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    List updated!

If you have sent me a mail ( [email protected] ) and your name isn't on the list in the OP, please get in contact with me via PM!

• OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Now it truly feels like christmas

Hello Dark Lord
    For easy mode, see the wishlist link in my sig. I cleaned it up recently so it's well updated. I would love anything off of it.

My hobbies include creating art in various media, cartoons, reading, music, and learning to play ukulele and ocarina. I like dinosaurs, Rick and Morty, Pokemon, Batman, My Little Pony, and Steven Universe. I love to bake and cook in general, so cool kitchen stuff is always welcome.

I love video games, I have an XBone, 360, Wii, PS2, N64, or 3DS/GBA). I like to play Rock Band a lot but I haven't gotten RB4 or the other recent game yet, I always need replacement instruments. Other than that as far as my taste in games goes pretty much as long as it's not Call of Duty or similar, I'll play it. There's a few movies/shows/games peppered in my list, they're usually the things I want most. I love a good horror movie, my favorite horror franchise is Nightmare on Elm Street.

Clothes on my wishlist will always have a size in the notes if you're the type to buy people clothes.

I have no food allergies if you want to bake me things! I like dark chocolate but I'm not a big fan toffee.

Okami on
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Man i wish i was around enough to justify participating in this. But man i don't think i am...

Hope this tradition goes on forever though.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    This and Secret Saints are my favourite things about this forum.

Edit: well, behind the beard thread

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Hail Satan!

I slightly updated my wishlist post from last year below.
    First of all, thanks for taking part in this, you're a great devil!

Secondly, while I am providing a link to Amazon, it is by no means a strict list. I'm happy to get basically anything and I would love to get something you like and want me to take part in. Like, just send me your favorite book or movie, maybe I don't even know it yet? I would also be super excited to get something handmade or something typical from where you live, but of course I understand if shipping costs make that unfeasible. If you do send something directly, then please mark on the outside of the package that it is a gift because customs can be a pain otherwise. The easiest way to get something to me is to buy it off Amazon Germany, they take international credit cards and usually have free shipping.

About me: I'm 35, married and have a 2 year old son (will be almost 3 by Christmas).

I wear a Men's size Small. I do have a pretty large head, though, if you want to knit me a hat. I always have use for warm winter accessories like scarves or hats, so if you can and like to crochet or something, that could be a good idea. I usually wear earthen tones and dislike blue as a clothing colour.

Since my son was born I have essentially stopped playing video games except Hearthstone (and other casual/mobile games like PokemonGo), because time is short. I played a lot of WoW before (also with my wife, I got the stupid Orc statue even) I don't know if and when I might get back into them. I also own no consoles, I guess when he's older I will probably buy one to play with him, but that's still a while off. Once or twice a year I play MarioKart with some friends.

I own a BluRay player and I haven't been to the movies in ages. I basically get all the super hero movies from family, but other than that, if you think there was a good movie in the last couple of years that is a must-see, then that could be a good gift.

I like books, both fact and fiction. I don't own a kindle. I have read many "classics" in Fantasy/SciFi (Tolkien, Pratchett, Asimov, Adams, ...) but few newer stuff. Sending me your favorite book is a nice idea. I do have a (public transport) commute of ~1 hour (one way) every day, that I spend mostly on my phone so I have plenty time to read etc.

I'm perpetually failing to get into comics. I got some for Secret Satans and enjoyed them all. You have pretty much complete freedom to introduce me to your favorite series. I enjoyed some webcomics, but haven't really kept up with any. I already own all the released Bad Machinery volumes, though.

Food-wise, I'm a person of simple interests: I love peanut butter, and while we do have peanut butter in Germany, peanut butter based candy is still rare. So if you just send me a big bag of peanut butter filled M&Ms or similar that would already be nice. I switched to an AeroPress and Hario Grinder, so unless you wanna splurge on an excellent electric grinder, I'm set on coffee stuff. Maybe something to help making larger amounts of coffee? I usually use a French Press for that.

I like board games and have even started playing them again semi-regularly with a couple of friends. We do own a lot, but mostly Euro-style, also the latest I got were like Smallworld or Dominion, so anything newer I definitely don't have. I've always wanted to play Cards Against Humanity. Games with varying amount of players would be best, we have anything from 2-6 people playing but obviously specific numbers also work if we have the right amount there. I also started playing D&D this year, but I'm not sure what I even need for that. Maybe some cool dice, that way I could blame my luck on Satan.

If you just wanna do it like everyone else will and spoil my son, that's also fine. He likes cars, trains and animals and books and we have some Duplo (the baby version of Lego) stuff already. While usually I prefer the English version of media, for children's books it's better to get the German version or just something with only pictures {Please understand that I won't post pictures of my son, even if you do gift him something}

I did put NSFW ok, because I don't want to ruin your fun in sending me something crazy. I wouldn't know what to request here, though, so I can't guarantee it will be used.

Finally the Amazon link, and again, this isn't an exclusive list and your best bet is to just send me something you like. http://www.amazon.de/registry/wishlist/1B5FOH267Y1PZ/

• N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Oh hey, it's a sign-up post! Whoo!

So I'm a fairly new homeowner who is in the middle of a non-voluntary flood-induced renovation. That means so many things will be amazing gifts! I have most recently had a 360, and most of my games for that survived, but I will soon probably be a PS4 owner. Really, I just collect all of the consoles and am sad that I have lost mine. haha. I tend to play fps, but do branch out to some rpgs from time to time--no open-world, though. Too overwhelming! Not enough time!

I'm a high school English teacher who is exactly as nerdy as that implies. I would certainly love any contributions to the "Rebuild my Poor Lost Library" campaign.

I love most things nerdy--Harry Potter, Doctor Who, all things Shakespearean. I'm also a sewist who no longer has any sewing supplies or patterns (though I have snagged a new sewing machine). Hmmmm. My wish list links are in my signature, but I'll put them here for the mobile users:

amazonian gifting list 1

amazonian gifting list 2: flood replacement boogaloo

steam things

all the crafty gifts of cool

Finally, if you have any questions, @TheRoadVirus is my brother-in-law and can get you the low-down.

N1tSt4lker on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I ACCEPT THIS BURDEN

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    That is a relatively short list of extremely cool folks.

Maybe I will do this this year, I have been gainfully employed for two years and shipping isn't even that bad FROM Taiwan.

Shipping TO Taiwan on the other hand....

Maybe I'll wait until next year, when I ought to have an apartment with an actual front desk and post office box.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah

Thanks for being so weird about batteries and Bluetooth and wireless bandwidths and shit, Taiwan

You're no China but you're up there on the list

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Is the thread gonna be stickied? I feel like maybe folks aren't seeing it because it's only two pages and not bumped frequently.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    A sticky would be useful, if any mod happens to see this.

• JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    Hello there satan.
    A little about me. As you can see I live in a smallish town in central/western Kansas. I'm 33 and live alone, with my cat. I like to cook. I keep a garden and like to work outside occasionally. I enjoy video games, but I only have a Wii currently since my ps3 and 360 both died in the last year. Mostly I've been playing WoW lately.

I am a big fan of Kansas State University (football) and will take just about anything if it's purple.

I am a big guy, but I'm trying to work on that. Depending on the brand I wear either a 2x or 1x shirt, but I'm hopeful I can get that down to 1x more consistently.

I enjoy comic books but don't have any of my own. If you have any favorites I am very open. I don't read a lot of books, but when I do I tend to go for interesting non-fiction. I got a book about Salt from satan last year that I enjoyed very much. I also like cookbooks.

Anything local or regional from where you are would be a great idea. I'm also open to anything hand-made if that's what you're into.

Here is my amazon list as well for some more ideas. Really though, I'm sure whatever you pick out will be amazing.

https://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/3RBE7A6ZQD97T

Happy Holidays and all of that!

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Hey Prince/ess of Darkness,
    I still gotta update my Amazon wishlist - I need to set up the whole Smile thing, but I'll add it into my signature once I'm done.

I'm a big ol' nerd about dumb nerd stuff, so any dumb nerd thing is going to make me very happy. Comic books more recent than the Secret Wars stories or involving Rebirth would be rad to keep me up to date; otherwise, comics from third-parties are always okay too. There's a few forumers you can ask as intermediaries to see what I've got in my library if you would prefer to gift some of those. Otherwise, we have a pretty active board game crew in DC that would be happy to play another new game. Video game-wise, I've got a (starting to be dated) PC, PS4, 3DS and Wii U on hand. I have other systems but they're all hanging out in Canada.

I do love clothes and accessories that are generally vintage 40s-50s inspired, so I'd totally be down for 'em! Or make-up, too, with that general idea in mind! My eyeshadow collection is starting to look a little long in the tooth...

Otherwise, I did just move to the DC area lately and could really use some stuff to spruce the place up. I'm short on basically anything that isn't a beer bottle opener, and local brews or liquors would be rad as hell, as well as the implements to make good drinks with them. I've got plenty of wall-and-floor-space left though, so neat stuff that is either subtly geekish or evokes a kind of Deus Ex feel would really work with what I've got going on.

I am absolutely partial to anything homemade as well. If you put your heart into it it will mean the world to me.

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2016
    kaaaay I'm doing this

Heads up for Satan: Although I have given out my US address as this will be cheapest for most forumers, I'm not actually in the states until late January. I've got @NightDragon checking in and picking up mail periodically, so don't worry, nothing should get lost - but if I don't post an excited photo-ridden essay in the timeframe you feel is appropriate, rest assured, it's purely logistical.
    I feel like I got shat on repeatedly from a great height this year, and it's hard to find much solace in material possessions. I would, however, really appreciate something distinctive from where you're from - jam, regional delicacies, local craft - or something you've made, if you're that way inclined. Some kind of human level connection, to remind me that this place is an amazing network of amazing people.

If all else fails, I have an amazon wishlist here, http://a.co/aw7K4lw (which I think I've curated to remove anything lingering from last year, and I may update as the holiday season goes on).

If you'd prefer to do a donation in my name, I'm mainly focussing on conservation and environmental causes at the moment - but anything that undermines the plans of that fascist orange prune about to take the white house would be fine.

tynic on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Wishlist Post:
    I wear a size small. I would defer to your better judgment. You can check out my Amazon wishlist here, but really, I'm just down for whatever. It's X-Mas. Go nuts.

Also, I'm watching Frank Sinatra drunkenly rap with a fellow serviceman about some dirt that went down in Korea right now. Goddamn I love Frank Sinatra.

Actually, you know what? Don't buy me any books. I have novels enough. Unless you really think I should read it, in which case: Yeah, sure, whatever.

Penguin Incarnate on