Options

The old [Giant Bomb] thread!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I just don't see nintendo releasing a "bad" version of the game on the WiiU. It will be totally fine and probably pretty great. And if you already have a WiiU and nothing else at launch on the Switch interests you, there is a version of Zelda for you.

Hyrule Warriors

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Ugh.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    I mean I am inclined to agree that it is most likely fine on Wii U

But it isn't like Nintendo is completely above dicking people on old hardware over

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    eh it's just all hearsay right now. We really need the game to be out to get some concrete details.

if the wii u version is somehow super shitty compared to the switch i'll heat my hat but I just can't imagine that happening, especially with what Nintendo has seemed to say about it.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Holy smokes. Alex and Dan talking about depression in the latest Beastcast was awesome. Good on those guys.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I gotta admit, in hindsight, I must've been the biggest dick to my best friend. I wasn't able to get it until I was depressed how the worst advice you can give is "get over it". I've tried my best to apologize since then but ugh...

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    I think it's something that's really hard to understand if you haven't experienced it. I personally have never really felt depressed in that way and when someone close to me experienced it I had a really hard time understanding.

I sort of just learned it's OK not to have a solution and just make sure you are there for them if they need you.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Yeah, as someone who suffers from severe anxiety attacks and depression, I appreciate it. It can be kind of frustrating hearing people talk about how they're having an anxiety attack when they're just nervous about something.

Are you currently standing up and capable of conversation? You're not having an attack, you're just nervous. Are you currently half-conscious on the floor convinced that if you give in to the sweet release of passing out, you'll die? Probably having an attack.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Welp

Sounds like Drew is leaving (not a joke)

His last day is 3/3

Ceno on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    jeff in front of his hiring manager's office with a megaphone screaming "FOR GOD'S SAKE, LET ME PULL THE TRIGGER ON THIS SHIT"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    After hearing that...

*Drew meme*

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Ceno wrote: »
    Welp

Sounds like Drew is leaving (not a joke)

His last day is 3/3

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    So uhh...hmm..

• Options
    Damn. Well that's life. I'm grateful for all the memories.

Dammit no MGSurvive Scanlon.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Man, that meme career took off rather quickly.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Nothing good can stay.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    What?! No! Drew was like the best one!

Did Austin poach him or something? Where is he going! AHHH

• Options
    He's off to be Solid Snake. He knows how to fly a plane now, next step is a sneaking mission.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500.gif

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    I'm happy for any GB staff that get the opportunity for them to move on to other things but it's gutting as well.

On the positive side the whole Beast in the East series is great stuff.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    This is the saddest I've ever been that someone is leaving GB.

Drew nooooo :(

We'll always have the 1-2 Switch hair flip :(

I guess this means Alt F1 is done too. I'm very sad about all of this.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    So uhh...the only person I really like left in west is Jeff.

• Options
    Jason and Rorie are super nice guys that are not as good at talking about things

• Options
    Jason is great in the control room.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    modeling agency saw his catwalk. them's the breaks guys

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    :(

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    So uhh...the only person I really like left in west is Jeff.

I mean, that'd be a much more impressive statement if it wasn't only excluding one person.

West needs to hire people so bad, but now I worry that they're going to have to hire too many people and it will throw off the Giant Bombness of it.

Now I'm just waiting for Vinny to quit for a better paying job to put his brood through college and I can experience true sadness.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    GB TIMELINE (prior to Calamity Ganon):

+Jeff
    +Brad
    +Vinny
    +Ryan

+Drew

+Alex

+Patrick

-Ryan (RIP)

-Patrick
    +Jason
    +Dan

+Austin

-Austin

-Drew

Ceno on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    The countdown to Vinny tears is coming someday. I try not to think about it

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Austin leaving GB is still so fucking depressing to me.

UGH.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    Jeff, Vinny, and Jason are my tried-and-true now that Drew is headed out

The day Vinny or Jeff leaves is the day I hang up the boots

I don't know why I have boots or why I'm hanging them, but it'll happen

• Options
    Hardtarget wrote: »

UGH.

I would still much rather have him at GB than doing Waypoint. I get the career opportunity, but man.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    I honestly expect vinny to quit this year or next. The very instant East gets another video producer, put a 6 month clock on Vinny tops.

Dude has bills to pay and I can't imagine that someone as talented as he is couldn't find a way better paying job, especially as all these talented, but less talented than Vinny people get snapped up by Amazon and co.

Jeff I imagine will stay in the business forever in some form or another. If GB implodes, he'll just make something new and go pioneer game holovideos or whatever the fuck.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    It hurts

Why does it hurt

• Options
    I just hope he returns for Extra Life. Those Drew streams are the best. They always were there when I had to pull allnighters.

• Options

UGH.

I would still much rather have him at GB than doing Waypoint. I get the career opportunity, but man.

yup!

I mean, to be fair, waypoint is super good at
    uhh

well i'm sure they are good at something?

*sigh*

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options

UGH.

yup!

I mean, to be fair, waypoint is super good at
    uhh

well i'm sure they are good at something?

*sigh*

agreeing with each other

• Options
    Waypoint has a lot of good articles, I get super turned off by the full screen ads and stuff I get occasionally though.

• Options
    I just hope he returns for Extra Life. Those Drew streams are the best. They always were there when I had to pull allnighters.

Drew was the only guy on those streams who was part of the company the last few years! I can't imagine they will continue, at least not in that format.

aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.