As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo Switch: March 3rd 2017

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I keep seeing mention that Disgaea is day 1... it's Day 1 in Japan but they said NA is "Spring 2017". I'm trying to find anything that says otherwise but even the NIS page to order a copy from them says Spring. I'd be OK with a short delay after launch but if it is already localized, I don't understand why there's a difference between regional launch dates.

Oh hey, speaking of this. After watching the ProJared interview on the last page I noticed he had an impressions video too, and there is footage in there of already-localized Disgaea 5 on the show floor at the Switch event. Could still be wrapping up but there you go.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Wow Binding of Isaac on the Switch huh? I never thought I'd see the day.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Huh. I wish I was good enough at BoI to get past the 2nd level ever, that'd be a nice portable game.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Does the switch have any sort of touch controls on the screen?

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      edited January 2017
      urahonky wrote: »
      Wow Binding of Isaac on the Switch huh? I never thought I'd see the day.
      It's on 3DS and Wii U. I think it used to be unplayably buggy on 3DS but was patched to be playably buggy.
      I have heard Afterbirth+ is really contentious with fans and kinda sucks, made overly difficult, new content is just palette swaps and such
      TimFiji wrote: »
      Does the switch have any sort of touch controls on the screen?
      Yes, the screen is capacitive touch.

UncleSporky on
      Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    • Options
      Oh I didn't realize BoI went on the WiiU. Nevermind then!

• Options
      LD50LD50 Registered User regular
      I'm surprised the Switch is powerful enough to run afterbirth.
      I'm kidding, but it's still a hooooooorilby optimized game.

• Options
      XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
      I'm just happy to see another decent launch title

• Options
      PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
      Fire Emblem Switch! No final title yet, but it's coming 2018.

persona4celestia.jpg
      COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    • Options
      A true Fire Emblem game was announced for the Switch. Release in 2018.

• Options
      Ok they just announced a new 3DS Fire Emblem game. Just goes along with what I said about how they're still wrapping up on old platforms...crazy that we got a new major 3DS game announced after Switch reveal.

Also just announced a Fire Emblem game for Switch in 2018 (not Warriors, a real FE game).

• Options
      XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    • Options
      FE Warriors is also going to release on the New Nintendo 3DS as well.

• Options
      Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
      edited January 2017
      My understanding is afterbirth+ has kind of a bad reputation. Here's hoping they can address some of the issues before the Switch launch because I've wanted a good Binding of isaac portable experience for ages.

I suppose it's to much to hope for that we could choose which expansions to activate?

Road Block on
    • Options
      HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
      I'm just now putting some real hours into Hyrule Warriors and I fucking love it, so bring on whatever Warriors titles!

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    • Options
      urahonky wrote: »
      FE Warriors is also going to release on the New Nintendo 3DS as well.

Reggie: "Yeah we're going to keep supporting the 3DS even alongside the Switch"

Everyone: "That's so much bullshit"

Reggie: *announces 2 new 3DS games out of nowhere after the Switch reveal event*

• Options
      cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
      The smartphone Fire Emblem game looks good too.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    • Options
      Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
      edited January 2017
      that was a good direct. Lots of Fire Emblem coming.

The mobile game looks like it'll be crazy fun. It's also going to make serious bank for Nintendo since it's basically a gacha game. :P

Brainiac 8 on
      3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
      Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
      PSN - Brainiac_8
      Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
      Add me!
    • Options
      This is basically what we are looking forward to:

February 2017: FE Heroes (Andriod / iOS "soon")
      May 2017: FE Gaiden (3DS) alongside Alm and Celcia amiibo 2- pack.
      Fall 2017: FE Warriors (Switch/3DS)
      2018: Mainline FE (Switch)

Fans of the series need to thank Awakening for resurrecting this dying series.

PSN - Brainiac_8
      Add me!
    • Options
      cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
      Kinda interesting FE Heroes is coming to Android first. That never happens!

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    • Options
      Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
      And unlike Pokemon GO and Super Mario Run, my shitty old Android phone can actually run this game! Yaaaaay

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    • Options
      MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
      Wait isn't there a Direct like right now

Steam: Cilantr0
      3DS: 0447-9966-6178
    • Options
      It's over, but you can rewatch it on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq1Xzycyp2E&t=645s

PSN - Brainiac_8
      Add me!
    • Options
      DracilDracil Registered User regular
      Hori branded screen protectors are now on Amazon. The only question right now is premium vs regular. Premium seems thicker? And they say it's "scratch-proof" but I dunno if it'll make it harder to use the touchscreen/interfere with docking.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
      Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
      MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
    • Options
      ZythonZython Registered User regular
      Brainiac 8 wrote: »
      This is basically what we are looking forward to:

February 2017: FE Heroes (Andriod / iOS "soon")
      May 2017: FE Gaiden (3DS) alongside Alm and Celcia amiibo 2- pack.
      Fall 2017: FE Warriors (Switch/3DS)
      2018: Mainline FE (Switch)

Fans of the series need to thank Awakening for resurrecting this dying series.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
      Steam: pazython
    • Options
      TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      Man I'd kill for a new FE for my microwave. It's brand new and it's pretty fast. It overheats often, however.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • Options
        Man, I know it's never going to happen, but I really wish that smartphone game was an actual game and not more free to play bullshit.

• Options
        Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
        Fire Emblem Warriors!?!?!? WAAAAAAAAT?!?!?

OMG Yes!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
      • Options
        CantidoCantido Registered User regular
        I'm quite burned out on Warriors anything. Post Devil May Cry and Brutal Legend, I no longer play games where you press one button repeatedly and everything around you dies.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
      • Options
        wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
        LD50 wrote: »
        Man, I know it's never going to happen, but I really wish that smartphone game was an actual game and not more free to play bullshit.

This is a bigger conversation but it really depends on how they do it. There are plenty of F2P games where you can play the whole game and you absolutely do not need to spend a dime to enjoy the full experience.

Then there are games that... are not that. We don't know what Fire Emblem will be until we see it.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
      • Options
        Dracil wrote: »
        Hori branded screen protectors are now on Amazon. The only question right now is premium vs regular. Premium seems thicker? And they say it's "scratch-proof" but I dunno if it'll make it harder to use the touchscreen/interfere with docking.

The premium one is probably tempered glass. It won't interfere with touchscreen functionality because the switch screen is capacitive.

• Options
        wunderbar wrote: »

This is a bigger conversation but it really depends on how they do it. There are plenty of F2P games where you can play the whole game and you absolutely do not need to spend a dime to enjoy the full experience.

Then there are games that... are not that. We don't know what Fire Emblem will be until we see it.

I don't really care. Even if they give you more than enough of the premium currency the gatcha draw system just does not do it for me. The whole process makes me want to pull my fingernails out. Just give me an actual game! Playing a slot machine isn't fun even if I'm doing it for free.

• Options
        It'll scratch that 'Gotta catch 'em all' Pokemon mentality for obsessive collectors.

PSN - Brainiac_8
        Add me!
      • Options
        chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
        wunderbar wrote: »

Well, they announced both the Gacha method and how to unlock characters without using the gacha in the direct. Seems like it's playable free, and every unit can be leveled to cap, but getting who you want is easier with the gacha.

• Options
        DracilDracil Registered User regular
        edited January 2017

The premium one is probably tempered glass. It won't interfere with touchscreen functionality because the switch screen is capacitive.

I don't think it's tempered glass. It actually says it's PET film. The closest comparison is probably the ones they made for the PS Vita.

Dracil on
        3DS: 2105-8644-6304
        Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
        MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
      • Options
        Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular

It says it's a film, I really hope there's a tempered glass one. I've done films before and never liked what they do to the screen/feel of the screen. I've had tempered glass on my phone for 2 years and love it.

• Options
        DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
        Is there enough space in the dock that you could put a tempered glass protector on there and still have it slide in and out?

Not a problem if you treat it exclusively as a handheld, of course.

• Options
        Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
        Delduwath wrote: »
        Is there enough space in the dock that you could put a tempered glass protector on there and still have it slide in and out?

Not a problem if you treat it exclusively as a handheld, of course.

um....yeah

I too am somewhat concerned about the long-term wear and tear of the Switch on the Dock and vice versa. I know I know, Nintendo makes sturdy stuff most of the time, but I can't shake some concerns. Especially when the the Switch is just sitting there in the dock and its ends are sitting upon for the world and its dust and particles to gather in the crenelations of in the exposed connection slots of the Joy Cons.

• Options
        Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
        By the time I finally pick up a Switch, it'll have Mario, Zelda (still undecided on Switch or WiiU...) and holyshitfuckyes Fire Emblem Warriors! That's super exciting!

That ProJared video with Reggie was pretty good, seemed like they were having fun.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
      This discussion has been closed.