Options

[The Legend of Zelda] Link's Awakening remake coming to Switch in 2019

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    So in Gerudo Town the lady that teaches in the classroom does night cooking classes at her home. She talks about trying to remember how to make creamy heart soup, the red word highlighting makes it sound important. Like figuring out the recipe for the old man at the beginning. But when I make the recipe and talk to her with it nothing else happens.

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    So in Gerudo Town the lady that teaches in the classroom does night cooking classes at her home. She talks about trying to remember how to make creamy heart soup, the red word highlighting makes it sound important. Like figuring out the recipe for the old man at the beginning. But when I make the recipe and talk to her with it nothing else happens.

If you bring it to the broken heart pool while the sky is cloudy, you can get Aerith back on your team.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I think it's just the game's way of hinting to you how to make a new recipe.

That recipe's a trap, really. For those ingredients, I could make two full-Heal meals, and have a voltfruit and hydromelon left over.

Enlong on
  • Options

If you bring it to the broken heart pool while the sky is cloudy, you can get Aerith back on your team.

I'm legit going to keep a creamy heart soup in my inventory and find/talk to every gerudo NPC I can remember in Hyrule.

Also I wonder if you can sequence break the royal recipe sidequest and give the guy at the stable the recipes before setting foot in Hyrule Castle.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

I'm legit going to keep a creamy heart soup in my inventory and find/talk to every gerudo NPC I can remember in Hyrule.

Also I wonder if you can sequence break the royal recipe sidequest and give the guy at the stable the recipes before setting foot in Hyrule Castle.

I definitely had the ingredients to make Monster Cake before then (and there's at least one other side quest where you have to) but unless you had a way of knowing it was a royal recipe I don't think so.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Silent Princess Quest?
    There's a couple in the woods near Kakariko Village looking for silent princesses. I found one and tried to bring it to them but it appears they want a fresh one. I feel like I may have also met them in another forest but I'm not positive it's the same couple. Is there more to this interaction or just a neat little pair of NPCs?

• Options
    If they didn't actually give you a side quest they're just flavor NPCs.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I want to be beastmaster Link, damnit!

In any case.. does anyone know the story behind the cobra on the back of Tingle's outfits?

He use to be a Hell's Angel.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    If they didn't actually give you a side quest they're just flavor NPCs.

more like "disaster NPCs who are terrible and should just LET ME HELP THEM"

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    People use the horses? I found them to be very obtrusive (just as they are in Skyrim). I know it takes me longer, but I have a habit of picking up EVERYTHING from point A to point B, so hopping off the horse every time was a hassle.
    If the horses here had better hearing, like D-Horse, and could be summoned from anywhere, I would use them all the time. At present, you need to literally* be sitting on top of a horse in order for it to hear you.

* - Not actually literally.

I'm constantly stopping to pick up plants, to climb up a cliff, or to paraglide off same. In fact, climbing up things and paragliding off of things are my favorite activities in this game, so I do them all the time. Horses actually waste more of my time, because each time I change my vertical coordinate, I would need to spend three times are much time retrieving the horse and getting it to the same location. I still haven't uncovered the whole map, so here and there I know I'm going to plunge in a straight line into new territory, and in those cases I might bring a horse - but honestly, I ditch it almost immediately because I see something shiny in the distance.

I'm actually pretty disappointed with how horses are implemented here. Contrast with D-Horse in MGSV, whom I love, and used all the time.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I imagine the equestrian stuff was more important early on in development and later took a backseat to the climbing. Perhaps they saw that horses were becoming more and more irrelevant but they had already emphasized them in the original reveal and felt they couldn't remove the mechanic at that point. You could say they were saddled with it.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    I think that my main issue - that of convenience - could just be fixed by making the whistle work always, regardless of distance. Ride a horse up to a fifty-foot-tall cliff, dismount, climb the cliff, glide to an island in the ocean, whistle, and bam, the horse trots out from behind a tree. I'd be using horses all the time.

...and treating them as disposable, just ditching them in the middle of hostile territory to go chasing after a birdie, but whatever.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I think that my main issue - that of convenience - could just be fixed by making the whistle work always, regardless of distance. Ride a horse up to a fifty-foot-tall cliff, dismount, climb the cliff, glide to an island in the ocean, whistle, and bam, the horse trots out from behind a tree. I'd be using horses all the time.

...and treating them as disposable, just ditching them in the middle of hostile territory to go chasing after a birdie, but whatever.

You're just so much more mobile on foot due to being able to glide and climb. Now if you could add a glider to the horse . . .

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Please stay tuned for the third BotW DLC: Horse armor.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

you can treat them as disposable once they're registered. you can leave them anywhere and always get them from a stable.

I agree I almost never use em.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »

you can treat them as disposable once they're registered. you can leave them anywhere and always get them from a stable.

Yeah, but then I have to go out of my way to a stable each time I want to get one again. I'd rather just frolic through the meadows and hassle bokoblins.

Like what are you even gonna do with that roasted trout, man.

You're never gonna eat it.

Just let me take it.

Also all your arrows.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

Yeah, but then I have to go out of my way to a stable each time I want to get one again. I'd rather just frolic through the meadows and hassle bokoblins.

Like what are you even gonna do with that roasted trout, man.

You're never gonna eat it.

Just let me take it.

Also all your arrows.

"Trade" them arrows for meat.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    You're not even gonna die forever if I stab you and take your food. I'd have to kill the moon to kill you.

(Note to self: "kill moon"; Feasible?)

Enlong on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    You're not even gonna die forever if I stab you and take your food. I'd have to kill the moon to kill you.

(Note to self: "kill moon"; Feasible?)

Majoras mask is an item now

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

So you want Assassin's Steed.

• Options
    That is, in fact, the comic that came to mind as I was writing that.

• Options
    I want every game horse to be like D-Horse, and every game dog to be like D-Dog.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I want every game horse to be like D-Horse, and every game dog to be like D-Dog.

Murderous with a knife? Not exactly making the countryside safe for people at night.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Speaking of dogs (tooltip)
    Has anyone gotten a dog to lead them to something? I have "befriended" them, but they just follow me around. I'm like, no doggy, you show me where the good stuff is hiding.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Speaking of dogs (tooltip)
    Has anyone gotten a dog to lead them to something? I have "befriended" them, but they just follow me around. I'm like, no doggy, you show me where the good stuff is hiding.

I have
    by dropping 5 raw prime meat in front of them. They kind of prance to the treasure if there is one.

• Options
    I'm a video game protagonist, I don't care about their safety; I only care about swords and coins and stuff.

• Options
    Having dogs follow you around is basically the best feature in the game

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

I definitely had the ingredients to make Monster Cake before then (and there's at least one other side quest where you have to) but unless you had a way of knowing it was a royal recipe I don't think so.

Wait Monster Cake is a royal recipe? I figured that one out when doing a quest in
    Tarrey Town
    and I haven't done the royal recipe quest. I will give the guy a MC and see what happens.

• Options
    RE: DLC

Heroes Trail is cool. Trail of the Sword is exactly what I want. Hard mode sounds eh, but we'll see. I hope the new costumes have set bonuses. I predict Tingle's will be that confetti appears every time you defeat a foe.

I finally did another divine beast: Rudania. How you get to board it is awesome. I use that word a lot, but I mean it. The special dungeon mechanic was excellent, my favorite so far. I had to break down and youtube one of the chest, but I don't mind. The boss was super easy, though. Upgraded flamebreaker armor renders much of it's attacks harmless. It was simple to dodge it's attacks for flurry strikes. To be fair, I've improved much since Vah Naboris, and if I did not have flamebreaker armor, the fight would have been much more intense. I even took it off for the second half of the fight. Overall, I was disappointed. That's the price to pay for non-sequential bosses, I suppose.

• Options
    Tip: Urabosa's Fury will stun everything, including lynels and guardians. I have yet to see if it will get a molduga while under the sand.

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    Tip: Urabosa's Fury will stun everything, including lynels and guardians. I have yet to see if it will get a molduga while under the sand.

It will. Hell I killed my first one by just burning all 3 charges of it.

• Options
    Has anyone who spent a long time exploring Hyrule Castle ever triggered a blood moon? It seems like it just doesn't happen when you're in the castle, saw the blood moon rising while climbing the spires for koroks and nothing happened come midnight. Maybe one of the patches fixed this to prevent the blood moon cutscene during the Ganon fight.

When I was done looting the castle and left I got a blood moon the next night.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I remember hearing people mention that being closer to the castle increases the rates of blood moons, up to some people saying it was happening every 2-3 nights when running around the outskirts (before the map changes to the castle view).

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Has anyone who spent a long time exploring Hyrule Castle ever triggered a blood moon? It seems like it just doesn't happen when you're in the castle, saw the blood moon rising while climbing the spires for koroks and nothing happened come midnight. Maybe one of the patches fixed this to prevent the blood moon cutscene during the Ganon fight.

When I was done looting the castle and left I got a blood moon the next night.

Yeah I don't think it spawns while you're in there.

Mercifully. Having everything re-spawn would be a goddamned nightmare.

I don't think it spawns when you're in a Divine Beast either but those are much faster runs typically.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    I remember hearing people mention that being closer to the castle increases the rates of blood moons, up to some people saying it was happening every 2-3 nights when running around the outskirts (before the map changes to the castle view).

I think anyone experiencing more frequent blood moons for any reason is/was just experiencing the bug that makes them happen more until you quit out of the game and relaunch it.

It's improper garbage collection/RAM dump going on. The blood moon is supposed to free up the space required to track all the stuff you killed, but presumably it didn't work right so they try again.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I got a blood moon the first time I fought a Lynel (during the Zora's domain series of events). I didn't notice it coming because I was so engaged in the fight. It triggered just after I killed it, respawning him right on top of me. I was like "god damn you, game!" It was frustrating but at the same time it's kind of cool, having something looming over you like that.

What a horrible night to have a curse.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular

What a horrible night to have a curse.

You're so right! I thought that the very first time the Blood Moon cutscene played. I even joked with my brother that if there was a mod to change the cutscene to the Castlevania II text container complete with very slow text crawl I'd install it in a heart beat.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Of course, bloodmoon does still trigger on windward isle :bigfrown:

• Options
    So happy to get blood moons during lynel fights, double the loot.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    I got a blood moon the first time I fought a Lynel (during the Zora's domain series of events). I didn't notice it coming because I was so engaged in the fight. It triggered just after I killed it, respawning him right on top of me. I was like "god damn you, game!" It was frustrating but at the same time it's kind of extremely cool, having something looming over you like that.

What a horrible incredible night to have a curse.

I love the way moments like this come about organically. Other games rely on cutscenes or specific pre-made scenarios. The last game to elicit this kind of feeling for me was Arkham City, and not on this level (note that game has other aspects that make it it's own thing, and excellent). I can't wait to see this chemistry engine develop even more.

Nobeard on