Options

Chilean art gallery [chat]

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    All these people assuming I'm American

I am deeply insulted

do you live in north america

This is not how the word is used, you psychopath

*taps clipboard*

i'm just going to write you're american em

i'm just gonna do it

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    have the government give me money to be potato

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    About to get my stitches removed

Also my leg has been x rayed a million times I hope I don't get leg cancer

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I meant to take the next chat for something, but now I forget what it is.

Because you can.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    When dispensaries open up in mass ill be ditching the black market pretty soundly.

Half my current problem with weed is that i have to keep so much on hand. When i can just walk down to the store, grab enough for an evening, or grab an edible of some kind, it will make my life way better.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    we have 25% VAT here

but 15% for food and drink

as in like, groceries. Eating in a restaurant is 25% VAT. Which is why McDonalds has two prices on everything on the menu, depending on if you sit down there or not. Because one is eating at a restaurant, the other is selling food.

OsloMcDonaldsMenu.jpg

Wouldn't people just say "i'll take it to go", get their food, sit down (outside?) and then eat?

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    we have 25% VAT here

as in like, groceries. Eating in a restaurant is 25% VAT. Which is why McDonalds has two prices on everything on the menu, depending on if you sit down there or not. Because one is eating at a restaurant, the other is selling food.

OsloMcDonaldsMenu.jpg

I was with you about sales taxes and then you guys have two different prices based on where you eat the food

That's even worse

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Notice they always leave out Cap Gains taxes

which will of course also be zero

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Yeah, the biggest issue with the progressive consumption tax they proposed basically means that they would require much more tracking than they do now and that it'd be difficult to figure out a standard tax deduction or whatever. It could be done, especially if the system stays "simple" with clearly defoned savings vehicles and few exemptions, but it'd be insane to implement.

The usual pitch for that thing when it is brought up is a massive (p)rebate and huge point-of-sale taxes, which sucks for people who are broke.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Yeah so a medical marijuana place that only sells pot doesn't get any business deductions

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Also I didn't realize those were two separate prices at first and I was wondering what kind of zimbabwe currency this sign was for.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options

You'll become a superhero with just one really super strong leg.

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular

One Kick Man

• Options
    milski wrote: »
    Yeah, the biggest issue with the progressive consumption tax they proposed basically means that they would require much more tracking than they do now and that it'd be difficult to figure out a standard tax deduction or whatever. It could be done, especially if the system stays "simple" with clearly defoned savings vehicles and few exemptions, but it'd be insane to implement.

The usual pitch for that thing when it is brought up is a massive (p)rebate and huge point-of-sale taxes, which sucks for people who are broke.

VATS have lots of overhead to maintaining yeah. they're more complicated than single sales tax.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    like, if weed was legalized tomorrow i imagine every grow operation in a state with legal weed would get an offer from some large conglomerate and the industry would flip from the wild west that it is now to basically be liquor
    Probably, but there really isn't a way to keep that from happening, larger conglomerates are going to be able to be able to do things more efficiently, and small grow shops will be more boutique, the only advantage to weed, is you can grow that stuff literally anywhere.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

One Kick Man

or

and stay with me on this one

one kick woman

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    I just want legalized weed so I don't have to go through the song and dance of a drug dealer spending way too long at my apartment gossiping

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    like, if weed was legalized tomorrow i imagine every grow operation in a state with legal weed would get an offer from some large conglomerate and the industry would flip from the wild west that it is now to basically be liquor
    Probably, but there really isn't a way to keep that from happening, larger conglomerates are going to be able to be able to do things more efficiently, and small grow shops will be more boutique, the only advantage to weed, is you can grow that stuff literally anywhere.

i imagine part of the legalization is a ban on private growing

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Yeah so a medical marijuana place that only sells pot doesn't get any business deductions

Technically they are committing a felony which is why.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    four game losing streak in OW for -100

goooood times

It feels like every game is a stomp, so I am done with it.

I did some comp with husband and we tanked our ratings

getting back out seems hard, especially when you get extra punished for leaver losses

is your husband at fault

is he a baddie

it's ok sig you can tell us

OW thinks if you are in a group you must be good

we weren't that good and his placement was lower than mine so neither were our teammates

i play 95% of my games with porp

has she been holding me back all this time

or is it the other way around

• Options

One Kick Man

or

one kick woman

Oh dear.

Really?

C. Eddy, how bad was that accident?

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    You don't create a new industry by taxing the ever living shit out of it in infancy! That's just a recipe for RJ Reynolds making Marlboro weed cigs and driving all the locals out of business.

Light regs, low tax, let the industry explode in growth. More jobs, more revenue, new agribusiness, revitalized rural areas...

Some red state that's mostly fields is going to massacre WA weed business. Alabama Mama Jama or something is going to flood the market and WA will see its revenue crater. Then people will wonder what happened to their industry and never blame themselves.

What's stopping RJ Reynolds from winning in that situation too? A rising tide of loosened regs or no taxation lifts all boats, and then RJ beats you with an established logistics network and start up capital

There's a window before national players can get into the game because they expose themselves to federal attention. Right now, regional industry can get a foothold that will translate into mindshare, goodwill, and market positioning they can use to fight off the behemoths once federal laws disappear. It's to the State's advantage right now to leave as much profit in the industry as it can, so the companies are resilient when the major players do arrive.

What you've got now is a situation where the State takes their cash like a hedge fund extracting the profit out of a business before letting it collapse. Long-term sustainability of an industry is not on their radar. They're vulture capitalists!

um

i'm pretty sure it would be like what is happening with craft beer right now

a hand full of regional players snatched up by major companies and distributed nationally

I don't think so, because craft beer is competing on various fronts against an established industry. Weed is green field, so to speak. It is only competing against illegal weed. It's more akin to the 90s tech industry than the current craft beer market.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    you should try the ancient athenian system

the wealthiest citizens pay for everything

if someone claimed not to be among the wealthiest, someone else could challenge them to either admit to being wealthy and thus pay for shit, or exchange fortunes with the challenger.

which is a very neat way to settle who is richest of two rich people

whichever one is not willing to swap with the other is obviously the richest one

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    I just want legalized weed so I don't have to go through the song and dance of a drug dealer spending way too long at my apartment gossiping

-insert John Mulaney joke here-

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Actually i think this is the article i remember. The Economist is neoliberal ofc but it's talking about policy supported by a economists across a wide range of ideologies

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2012/07/tax-policy
    Three: Eliminate the corporate income tax. Completely. If companies reinvest the money into their businesses, that's good. Don't tax companies in an effort to tax rich people.

Four: Eliminate all income and payroll taxes. All of them. For everyone. Taxes discourage whatever you're taxing, but we like income, so why tax it? Payroll taxes discourage creating jobs. Not such a good idea. Instead, impose a consumption tax, designed to be progressive to protect lower-income households.

In this case "a wide range of ideologies" = five economists, one of whom is a progressive. That progressive, Dean Baker, wrote about disagreements with the policy elsewhere, saying that "a consumption tax would likely be a big giveaway to the wealthy". He treats it as something that would be okay in theory, if that was an "effective wealth audit", but not so good in practice.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »

Technically they are committing a felony which is why.

Nope

Prostitutes and contract killers and shit still can deduct expenses

It's this 280E law

• Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Wait why is the Filet o Fish the only one whose first price is lower?
    Because of god damned Trump.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    @Eddy

http://deadspin.com/shut-up-about-ottawas-attendance-1795506802

You know counterpoint to the talk of nashville...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    All these people assuming I'm American

I am deeply insulted

do you live in north america

This is not how the word is used, you psychopath

*taps clipboard*

i'm just going to write you're american em

i'm just gonna do it

I'm bilingual, I don't think I'm allowed to be American.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    place i go to has started selling these 3 dollar edibles that are preetty good

they also have thc suppositories, thc lube, thc lip balm etc

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »

Or the opposite end of having to nail down a flakey dealer just to get a drop.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    You don't create a new industry by taxing the ever living shit out of it in infancy! That's just a recipe for RJ Reynolds making Marlboro weed cigs and driving all the locals out of business.

Light regs, low tax, let the industry explode in growth. More jobs, more revenue, new agribusiness, revitalized rural areas...

Some red state that's mostly fields is going to massacre WA weed business. Alabama Mama Jama or something is going to flood the market and WA will see its revenue crater. Then people will wonder what happened to their industry and never blame themselves.

What's stopping RJ Reynolds from winning in that situation too? A rising tide of loosened regs or no taxation lifts all boats, and then RJ beats you with an established logistics network and start up capital

There's a window before national players can get into the game because they expose themselves to federal attention. Right now, regional industry can get a foothold that will translate into mindshare, goodwill, and market positioning they can use to fight off the behemoths once federal laws disappear. It's to the State's advantage right now to leave as much profit in the industry as it can, so the companies are resilient when the major players do arrive.

What you've got now is a situation where the State takes their cash like a hedge fund extracting the profit out of a business before letting it collapse. Long-term sustainability of an industry is not on their radar. They're vulture capitalists!

um

i'm pretty sure it would be like what is happening with craft beer right now

a hand full of regional players snatched up by major companies and distributed nationally

I don't think so, because craft beer is competing on various fronts against an established industry. Weed is green field, so to speak. It is only competing against illegal weed. It's more akin to the 90s tech industry than the current craft beer market.

Tech industry had really no equivalent/semi-equivalent competitors.

Weed has both tobacco and alcohol. Both of which have major conglomerates who probably have business plans waiting for national legalization to implement and then using their huge starting capital base and distributions networks could loss lead for years to over take the system.

Its closer to Amazon in the late '90's with way more cash and being way more established.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

And some will take the bait, sure

weed has the major benefit of being stupidly easy to grow and growable basically anywhere

so unless the megacorp gets some rent-seeking regulations in place you'll still see a ton of boutique weed companies because the startup costs are pretty dang low

easier than setting up a brewery

and the market is already one that's pretty picky on quality, I mean sure some people are just gonna buy the cheapest shit you can buy but it's not like beer where everyone in the country drank bud or coors and you had to create a demand for craft beer from scratch

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    four game losing streak in OW for -100

goooood times

It feels like every game is a stomp, so I am done with it.

I did some comp with husband and we tanked our ratings

getting back out seems hard, especially when you get extra punished for leaver losses

is your husband at fault

is he a baddie

it's ok sig you can tell us

OW thinks if you are in a group you must be good

we weren't that good and his placement was lower than mine so neither were our teammates

i play 95% of my games with porp

has she been holding me back all this time

or is it the other way around

Damn this shade.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    we have 25% VAT here

OsloMcDonaldsMenu.jpg

Wouldn't people just say "i'll take it to go", get their food, sit down (outside?) and then eat?

the police come and shoot you if you do that

no people wouldn't, because people are averse to just lying in someone's face like that. You'd have to go "I'll take it to go" and then very obviously go sit down. Most people don't do that. Because it's like, no money at all.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Sleep wrote: »
    When dispensaries open up in mass ill be ditching the black market pretty soundly.

Half my current problem with weed is that i have to keep so much on hand. When i can just walk down to the store, grab enough for an evening, or grab an edible of some kind, it will make my life way better.
    So why aren't you living in Colorado?

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    TFW you think you're thirty minutes early but actually you're an hour and thirty minutes early. :redface:

go do something else then unless it's a date

I know that

I just wanted to express my embarrassment.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options

One Kick Man

His cacthphrase will be "Leggo of my Leg-O"

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I meant to take the next chat for something, but now I forget what it is.

Your sin-taxed legal weed at work, folks

• Options

One Kick Man

or

one kick woman

Oh dear.

Really?

C. Eddy, how bad was that accident?

i totally didn't see the original quote thread this was connected to

i was just thinking of superheroes

This discussion has been closed.