Options

only degs [chat]

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Well, condoms do preclude the possibility of procreation from the sexual act, and thus a violation of God's Will.

... I hadn't put it together until now that I was simultaneously taught that condoms and the pill were bad because of the above, and that you shouldn't bother since they were less effective than the rhythm method that the church endorsed.

Catholics, amirite?

Catholicism is the religious version of that rules lawyer guy in your D&D group

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    For years I was using condoms without putting a drop of lube on myself first. It's only recently that I tried it and it's like night and day. I don't know why I never needed that suggestion; I guess I had a lot of partners where condom use was infrequent because they were on BC and didn't like condoms.

i like lube even less than condoms

it's mostly why we stopped doing the other Plan B

Really? Lube is wonderful. I guess it depends on the woman's cycle timing and also how BC affects their production of fluids, but I know a number of women who basically can't have vaginal sex without lubrication.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    tbf condoms are bad

plan B is so painful though!

yeah people often lose a whole day to like, nausea and cramping n shit when they take that stuff

I have taken it once and it was the most painful cramps in my life for sure; probably lasted about half a day but also started in the night/was painful enough to rouse me from sleep. Really not an experience I would want to repeat.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I don't wanna die

poo
  • Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    It's so weird how pregnancy>>>>>>>>>>>STIs for straight people fears

Also I'm about to go grab a thing, if geth picks me first pls second person go ahead

For me it's because I've been in an exclusive sexual relationship for the last ten years. So our biggest issue with contraception is pregnancy.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Minorities being disproportionately affected by gun legislation is one of those oddities where, as a liberal, on the one hand that is obviously bad. We can't have legislation disproportionately affect minorities, plainly.

And yet, it is also poor black communities that are most desperately in need of gun bans. Black people are 17% of the US population but about 50% of the homicide victims. And most of that is driven by a few urban areas, mostly from handguns.

A handgun ban in Baltimore city would be racially disproportionate in its impact. It could also save hundreds of lives a year in one city. So which is more important, the principle or helping to save lives that are usually treated as acceptable losses? I don't think there's a simple answer there.

The Chicago handgun ban did a whole lot of nothing. They'd just straw purchase in neighboring states or acquire them completely illegally. The only thing that's even remotely stemmed the violence on the south side is increased police presence.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    When it comes to ordering beer and food, and then stating how much I like the beer and food, I got this German shit on lock.

Still feels silly when I have to say "Sorry, I don't speak German" in German, but thems the breaks.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    For years I was using condoms without putting a drop of lube on myself first. It's only recently that I tried it and it's like night and day. I don't know why I never needed that suggestion; I guess I had a lot of partners where condom use was infrequent because they were on BC and didn't like condoms.

Really? Lube is wonderful. I guess it depends on the woman's cycle timing and also how BC affects their production of fluids, but I know a number of women who basically can't have vaginal sex without lubrication.

huh

yeah I've gathered from anecdotal accounts that [redacted] is rather atypical in several ways when it comes to sex

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

Also I'm about to go grab a thing, if geth picks me first pls second person go ahead

well yeah I mean a lot of STIs are treatable but people make abortions sound really bad and what if you can't get one for some reason or you don't notice you're pregnant and then you have to dispose of a baby somehow???

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Damn y'all moving way fast today.

But this isn't towards the gun control but for Pinecone and @Blameless Cleric.

So before I went to get my MA I was also was accepted in a program that the University of Colorado Denver runs that helps you start/get an MA in education while also licensing you and getting you a job in a public school usually in high needs districts around the city. They have an entire program for elementary and special ed stuff you can combine. I had a friend do this for high school social studies and now teaches. The whole base program for the license is one year which includes student teaching time. Might be worth a look. I am not sure though how good it would be for your job prospects BC.

http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/SchoolOfEducation/Academics/LicenseEndorsements/Licenses/Pages/TeacherEducationLicensure.aspx

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    hey geth, gimme the new thread, I have quality to bestow

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    This cultural thing where birth control that isn't a condom is seen as "the woman's responsibility" is weird as heck.

Men going "hey now I ain't taking no birth control pills developed for men!"

Ever looked at side effects of BC pills for women?

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Also I'm about to go grab a thing

In soviet russia, thing grabs you

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Lube can be super useful and even necessary for some folks, sometimes there's anatomical challenges and so on

• Options
    I really want that little switch that just lets you turn your fertility tubes off and on for men.

Obviously needs testing but what a great little solution.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    Lube can be super useful and even necessary for some folks, sometimes there's anatomical challenges and so on

also there are lots of different kinds so not all of them work for people ofc

I only use 2 brands and really hate pretty much everything else I've tried, but these 2 brands are awesome

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    [redacted]

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I had a great idea for a terribad chat title pun earlier today and now I can't remember it. :(

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    girl is getting the coil this weekend

to say I'm excited would probably be an understatement

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    This cultural thing where birth control that isn't a condom is seen as "the woman's responsibility" is weird as heck.

I'm going to be honest, I'm kind of drawing a blank on what birth control guys can currently take responsibility for that aren't condoms

Withdrawal?

• Options

massive dongers

blind vaginas

pixelated erogenous zones

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

I only use 2 brands and really hate pretty much everything else I've tried, but these 2 brands are awesome

what brands

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Now [redacted] just needs to make a [redacted] alt account.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    oh good

the defibrillator in The Thing isn't one of my company's

our defibs would never do such a thing

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    guntalk.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    One time my parents left the CVS bag with lube on the kitchen counter, come on have some tact

• Options
    The other day, my wife was eating a bowl of strawberries in milk with a side of leftover KFC for dinner

I was like hun, sometimes I'm really glad I know I'm sterile, because the way you eat would make me very concerned you're pregnant.

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular

huh

yeah I've gathered from anecdotal accounts that [redacted] is rather atypical in several ways when it comes to sex

eh I've never had that experience either.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I have to take the bus for, like, an hour right now

I don't wanna, I don't wanna

But the appointment at the end of the ride will be so easy and also it's important for a variety of reasons!

Fine, I'll do it, you talked me into it [chat]

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

massive dongers

blind vaginas

what about scientists who like double blind vaginas?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options

Yes. Which is why I was more than happy to use condoms instead of have my girlfriend take Birth Control when that discussion happened. With experience and/or doctor supervision taking hormones that you know the side effects of and can minimize them can still turn out badly. There isn't a way that I know of to minimize the negative side effects of Birth Control

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Minorities being disproportionately affected by gun legislation is one of those oddities where, as a liberal, on the one hand that is obviously bad. We can't have legislation disproportionately affect minorities, plainly.

And yet, it is also poor black communities that are most desperately in need of gun bans. Black people are 17% of the US population but about 50% of the homicide victims. And most of that is driven by a few urban areas, mostly from handguns.

A handgun ban in Baltimore city would be racially disproportionate in its impact. It could also save hundreds of lives a year in one city. So which is more important, the principle or helping to save lives that are usually treated as acceptable losses? I don't think there's a simple answer there.

The Chicago handgun ban did a whole lot of nothing. They'd just straw purchase in neighboring states or acquire them completely illegally. The only thing that's even remotely stemmed the violence on the south side is increased police presence.

Chicago and NY are interesting contrasts

NY aggressively pursues gun possession crimes, and it's that more than anything that's credited with giving NY a remarkably low violent crime rate.

Chicago on the other hand could never really gain any traction in their attempts to control handguns. I haven't read as much about it so I'm not sure about what their points of failure were, although part of it was just that it was super easy to go out of town and still buy lots of guns.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options

massive dongers

blind vaginas

what about scientists who like double blind vaginas?

what about those perverts?

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Men who use "woman can take care of it" as birth control should be fired into the sun.

I agree, but I also think getting fired into the sun would be pretty much one of the coolest possible ways to go out. Like, if it comes down to it, that's on my euthanasia short list.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited June 2017

what brands

I like (it's a stupid name but) Probe water-based, it's the closest to the consistency of the real deal that I've ever found and that's what I like in a water based lube

and I like Sliquid for silicone or silicone-water combos (their pure water-based is eh for me, Pinecone likes it a lot tho), they have a silicone based lube that is moisturizing and is the only kind I can leave on after sex and go to sleep or whatever, all other silicone lubes I have to shower after sex or I feel like it dries really weird and uncomfortably

really really don't like KY (KY is trashhhh), Wicked or Jo

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    a

NY aggressively pursues gun possession crimes, and it's that more than anything that's credited with giving NY a remarkably low violent crime rate.

Chicago on the other hand could never really gain any traction in their attempts to control handguns. I haven't read as much about it so I'm not sure about what their points of failure were, although part of it was just that it was super easy to go out of town and still buy lots of guns.

yeah Chicago is really close to Indiana and Michigan (and WI). NYC is close to Jersey I guess?

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

Isn't Stop and Frisk usually credited for this in NYC?

• Options
    Men who use "woman can take care of it" as birth control should be fired into the sun.

I agree, but I also think getting fired into the sun would be pretty much one of the coolest possible ways to go out. Like, if it comes down to it, that's on my euthanasia short list.

Well you have about a year to live then.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

massive dongers

blind vaginas

Isn't that last one more of an ethnicity thing though

Like I've only seen it as a problem for people of Japanese descent

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

well yeah I mean a lot of STIs are treatable but people make abortions sound really bad and what if you can't get one for some reason or you don't notice you're pregnant and then you have to dispose of a baby somehow???

I know of several people who are pragmatically pro-choice, but personally pro-life, as in their personal morality precludes them from getting an abortion. In that case, I feel like it makes a ton of sense to be dramatically more concerned about pregnancy than STIs.

This discussion has been closed.