As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] old thread is old

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Tarantio wrote: »
    As I understand it, the first main stage panel after the opening ceremony has never featured less than a new expansion to a game.

Given the current state of D3, I expect it's a new full game.

Exactly what type of game is a bigger question.

Free to Play Diablo themed Gacha.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Diablo 4 will be a team battle fps like overwatch. You wanted pvp, you're going to get it!

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    The HD rumble in the joycons will let you feel every individual item as it drops into your inventory

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Diablo 4 the MMO top down action rpg. Diablo 2 remastered.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Diablo 3 the coloring book. Along with the preorders for Diablo 2 Remastered.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Diorblo 4, voice acted by HomeStarRunner folks.

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular

Burninating the peasants!

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »

Burninating the peasants!

I actually think I'd enjoy a Diablo that screams his own name and Wrestlemania's the nephalem at random and then cackles while disappearing. It would be much more Lord of Terror!

• Options
    Aw man... Just thought of this.

Diablo 4. Battle Royale.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Gear has a chance to drop from loot boxes which you can earn through play, or buy with blizzard balance! There's a 0.1% chance you'll get a hell bovine as a secret playable character. (unlocked from a loot box!)

• Options
    Speaking of rare loot boxes I finally got a pet demon drop the other day. My son actually ran into it but luckily I was on the same level of the map. First one ever for me even though I’ve played 3-4 seasons now since I started playing D3 again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    They posted this on twitter.

Just a joke they posted I'm guessing.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Can't wait for the Diablo mobile game where you manage an Inn in between dungeon dives.

• Options
    Diablo 3, Inn. Where everyone knows your name.

TV show.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    kriegskriegs Registered User regular
    Cue slow pan on the front of the inn.

Sign reads: No Firewalkers Permitted

• Options
    What about
    kriegs wrote: »
    Cue slow pan on the front of the inn.

Sign reads: No Firewalkers Permitted

No Pox Faulds either!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    It does feel like a weird tweet because the joke is literally 4 years old. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a teaser of some kind, but nothing sticks out.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    So, if anyone is doing lv 80+ GR's let me know, I have 10 keys to burn to get my 3 gems to 70. I can -slowly- do them myself but I can just barely beat the time limit. I need more people for more murder, my singular murder isn't enough.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    So, if anyone is doing lv 80+ GR's let me know, I have 10 keys to burn to get my 3 gems to 70. I can -slowly- do them myself but I can just barely beat the time limit. I need more people for more murder, my singular murder isn't enough.

Not sure of I'll be on tonight but I'd love to, should be able to help out (Ive cleared solo 80,though it was tight).

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Bets, zero and Bullhead got me over the finish line and I completed the Season. GR85's a are still a bit much for me, but if someone needs help and I'm in D3 I can give you a hand.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Diablo 2 remaster with real money auction house.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Roe wrote: »
    They posted this on twitter.

Just a joke they posted I'm guessing.

I'd rather be sailing.
    Please tell me I'm not the only one here who's played Warcraft 2

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    "See the world," they said.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I'd rather be sailing.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    First useful primal this season, wraps of clarity, spot on stats too. Was doing speed runs for augments. =)

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I just hope if they do announce D4 or something in the universe that we're not waiting another four years between announcement and release like D3's cycle.

But it's modern Blizzard, so... :rotate:

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I'm just thankful that it will not be like they treat Hearthstone.

A hint of an announcement.

Which becomes the announcement of the announcement.

Then the announcement of the next expansion.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    Whatever is released next for Diablo - I really do hope they steal profusely from the other games that are making greater strides in various aspects of this genre (specifically, but not limited to PoE).

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    What features do those games have that you'd like to see in Diablo? I don't really play many action RPGs, so I don't know what kind of genre development is going on in other games.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    As long as they leave PoE's advancement labyrinth and lack of respec capability where it is, sure.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I like the idea of a multi-class system, like POEs sphere grid thingie. I wanna be a Lightning Trap-Sin/Javazon. Or a Whirlwind Druid/Barb. Or a Poison Necro/Doctor. Or like, just toss all the skills and feats onto a board and let us mix mash them up and see what builds work for us.

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I like the character/item customization in poe significantly more at this point, I REALLY like their leagues (seasons) - they're not always good, but they always do something unique, I sort of like their player driven economy (but I also like the freedom from an economy that you have in diablo).

I don't like that you need a sherpa to get thru a lot of the early stuff - even getting thru the campaign is weird the first time, I don't like the respec restrictions (as mentioned above), but its very much a moot issue once you have an understanding of what you want to do (like you get 20 respec points rollin thru the campaign, and there's a currency that allows you to respec more as needed) - the lab is whatever, I never have a problem getting thru it anymore now that I know how it works, but its a weird sort of gate for progression, ya.

In the end though, I would rather be playing Diablo in terms of actual clicks and movement and ability - the polish on that stuff is still king in the genre (for me).

edit: Basically if they want to turn this into the game as a service that they probably truly desire - they gonna have to go deep - real deep - compared to what we're at right now.

hush on
    This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Poe class diversity is good, and so is the way they try to keep seasons fresh

Every other part of the poe experience is awful

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Hadn't been on in about a week, but ran the challenge rift last night

It's not bad, but don't make my mistake by missing the power pylon. I hugged the left and top at the end of the hell rift map, and it's over on the right. Keep some distance for zei's too, and be ready to activate the ally for spirit.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    So.... Monk?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Yup, Wave of Light/Thrill build

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    How often are challenge rifts the troll builds like the one on EU?

Like, the two of the items in the cube are literally useless, three items are bad rares, and the Scoundrel is only wearing Unity.

• Options
    Seems that Blizzard loves picking the troll builds early on when there is the Thrill Conquest. Later on in the season they go back to more normal builds.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    is the inna's set dungeon very tough to master? It doesn't seem like it would be

need to do one and haven't had much success so far on ten storms

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget