As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] old thread is old

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Anyone got any good ideas for an Inarius build? I got some primal ancient Inarius pants but I can't quite figure out what to do with the set. It seems like everything I try can either do appreciable damage, or not get one-shot by trash mobs, but not both.

• Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Klatu wrote: »
    Yeah, but that's when we were all hoping it would be animated and not real life. Well this link I put up says it's animated and gives more details than the vague Netflix will do something you mentioned pages ago :P I even commented on it back then. So I sometimes read your stuff. Not that this link says anything more than "it'll be animated" but meh.

For those of you who don't know. Klatu and I joke like this normally. Not something anybody should worry about. Sorry to involve you in an inside joke.

But on topic, I'm hoping this will be pretty good. Maybe take the story of Diablo and make a cartoon about it from the beginning. Then lead up to a Diablo 4 announcement day.

No it's for real... DRAMA!! :P

edit: I would be on board with the bolded bit tho :D

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Anyone got any good ideas for an Inarius build? I got some primal ancient Inarius pants but I can't quite figure out what to do with the set. It seems like everything I try can either do appreciable damage, or not get one-shot by trash mobs, but not both.

Lazy necro bonestorm is pretty neat

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Inarius isn't in a great spot at the moment. But there are a few options.

I use the goldwrap/avarice/boon variant of Lazymancer for my bounty farming. You literally run around keeping 15 stacks of bonestorm swirling around you and things die. You can click other buttons sometimes too if you want. T13 bosses are the only "issue", because you're no longer immortal from the gold cheesing, but you can get around that by using bone spirit to mur-didly-urder bosses.

The only "meta" use for inarius is as a rift guardian killer in high rifts. Stack thorns damage on yourself and then stand in bad things the boss casts. all the minions stand in the bad shit too and boss kills itself insanely fast. The only drawback (bonus if you want it to be) is that you're useless for the rest of the rift. Your sole job is to kill the RG and you're actually dead weight the rest of the run.

Klatu on
  • Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Okay, sounds like Inarius can be put to use in farming and I'll use something else to feel useful in groups.

As long as I'm getting something out of it. Primal pants, yo.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    The Betsuni/Klatu blood feud is as eternal as the war between the Angels and Demons.

• Options
    And so it begins... shit challenge rifts due to "The Thrill".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQh_V6fjS4E

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Good thing they made the bounties doubled so you don't have to do this terrible challenge rift (and probably the next 5 or so).

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Anyone have suggestions on the UE set dungeon? I tried it some the other night and I cannot seem to get the monsters to clump up enough for 20, I'm always hitting 15-18. Super frustrating, especially with as slow as they all move.

Also, barring a sage/DB farming setup, what's the best way to get DBs? I have a ton of un-enchanted gear (and I need to gamble for my Yang's) and DBs are the single roadblock I have right now :(

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    I literally just completed the set dungeon, the trick for me was rolling through the packs to find the right angle to hit two packs at once. I dismissed the follower and switched out of arsenal/ballistics too. The regular t13 rifts net a fair amount of DBs, going to be farming keys/rifts later if you'd like to join.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    The UE dungeon somewhat comes down to luck with density, but also careful use of multishot.

I found it best to pass enemies and aim it backwards to where I came from. When you’re aiming forward you’ll get unintentional kills.

Likewise, you should change out arsenal, drop ballistics, and not cast vengeance. MS-Fire At Will if your damage is high, MS-Full Broadside if you need more.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    I found the best way to do the UE dungeon is farm Marauders and run the Multishot Marauders dungeon.

Seriously.

I mastered the UE dungeon long ago and hate that you need to get lucky with it. There are some monsters that do not aggro on you so you're just hoping that they are sitting where you can hit them and get the 20. There is enough time to kill everything so concentrate more on getting the packs. But I hated it so much that I refuse to do it ever again. It is always Marauders for me since that is the easiest.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Mastering the Tal Rasha's set dungeon sucks... I spent over an hour doing it over and over with no success only to keep getting bit by the damn rock worm even when I knew where it was at and was trying to lure them out.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Bullhead wrote: »
    Anyone have suggestions on the UE set dungeon? I tried it some the other night and I cannot seem to get the monsters to clump up enough for 20, I'm always hitting 15-18. Super frustrating, especially with as slow as they all move.

Also, barring a sage/DB farming setup, what's the best way to get DBs? I have a ton of un-enchanted gear (and I need to gamble for my Yang's) and DBs are the single roadblock I have right now :(

I just finished the set dungeon the other day. First time I've ever attempted it. Here's what I did:

I dropped Companion and the Follower, dropped Vengeance, switched Multishot to Fire at Will, and switched Vault to Acrobatics. I also dropped Ballistics and Ambush in favor of Tactical Advantage and Hot Pursuit. I switched out bracers/belt for Warzechian and Krelm's. That took care of my mobility and eliminated stray sources of damage. Honestly you might also want the Illusory boots for this one(which means you also need a RRoG in the Cube). Takes a bit to farm those up but it would make things a little easier.

Like Noggin said it really comes down to luck with mob density. There's pressure to race through it but you have time to line up your shots. Sometimes you'll find a big group of stuff in a corridor, sometimes not. If not I just eliminated them so I wouldn't have to backtrack later. When I got to the bigger areas I'd get their attention and let them clump up while I got into position with careful use of vault. I was little antsy about how much time it took to herd a group and get them clumped up but like I said, you have time.

My successful run I ended up tagging a couple groups at a time in bigger areas and thinking back now I was firing backwards into areas I'd already been like Noggin suggested although it was purely unintentional. Good idea though! It took a few runs before the mob density and my ability to clump everything up came together. Once I'd gotten my Multishot tags it was easy enough to chase down the mobs that were left. I had like a minute left by that point. I was worried I wouldn't have enough time but turns out I had plenty. Badda bing badda boom.

DB's: I ended up getting to T13 pretty quick and it was just a matter of running Neph Rifts all the way through to farm them. If you can't run T13 maybe group with someone who can. You'll get drops and DBs and be on your way before long.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    So....Conquests.....Maybe with help I can do the all bosses in 20 minutes one, I assume each person goes and fights a boss solo for that one. The gold one, no idea. Campaign in an hour....with my gear maybe, but that depends on difficulty level. I forget the others.

Do we ever get together and work on those as a group?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    The campaign in an hour one seems like it would take the most coordination. Clearing each act in under 12 minutes (on average) takes a well oiled machine.

• Options
    übergeek wrote: »
    So....Conquests.....Maybe with help I can do the all bosses in 20 minutes one, I assume each person goes and fights a boss solo for that one. The gold one, no idea. Campaign in an hour....with my gear maybe, but that depends on difficulty level. I forget the others.

If there are two of us on we can help with the Boss Mode one. That is easy with fast moving characters.

Avarice is easier with Boon of the Horder at level 50 and being able to melt monsters at T13. Then getting a good regular rift or Corvus or the level in Act 1 with the open fields.

Thrill (45 Greater Rift with no set items) is also easy to solo with your weapons that do your major damage and a bunch of other legendary items that buff the damage.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Ok, last celebration post, I promise... N6M4 DH 100!!

z3fq0gsvu69w.jpg

So that's my major goal for 2.6.1 complete - All classes to at least 100 :biggrin:

• Options
    Congratulations bud! That is an awesome achievement.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Guardian also achieved, going to log on a bit later if anyone wants a hand with anything.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Ugh, I hate set dungeons so much.

edit: got Basic done. Target time 5:00 minutes. My Time 5:00 minutes.

davidsdurions on
  • Options

If there are two of us on we can help with the Boss Mode one. That is easy with fast moving characters.

Avarice is easier with Boon of the Horder at level 50 and being able to melt monsters at T13. Then getting a good regular rift or Corvus or the level in Act 1 with the open fields.

Thrill (45 Greater Rift with no set items) is also easy to solo with your weapons that do your major damage and a bunch of other legendary items that buff the damage.

Good to know. I'll have to get Boon up to 50 once I get Taeguk up to 45, i think I have a goldwrap in my inventory. I have to also do bounties to cube my Halo. I'll maybe be able to bug you guys on Saturday at the earliest. Since it's the start of the season, I figure I'll actually ahve tiem time to work it out. I'm just worried about the 45 GR right now.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Incindium wrote: »
    Mastering the Tal Rasha's set dungeon sucks... I spent over an hour doing it over and over with no success only to keep getting bit by the damn rock worm even when I knew where it was at and was trying to lure them out.

Now imagine doing that dungeon, but having to remember where the worms were, because it wasn't until the last 50 monsters that things started appearing. Oh, and you have 1 min less time.

edit: and you had to walk up hill in both directions, in the snow!

Klatu on
  • Options
    Easy boss mode:

1 person goes to each boss. Call out when you get to your boss door and TP back to town. The last person to reach their boss door doesn't bother TP'ing and just clicks it. All the rest waiting in town accept the fight and kill boss. You need to be present to get the achievement done. Once boss is dead someone uses the map to get back to town and then goes through their portal and clicks their door. All accept. Rinse repeat. Once 4 bosses dead, do it again, all run to bosses blah blah. Ignore act 2 until last, all the bosses are super easy to get to. Same with Skel king and Azmodan.

Good first few bosses to pick are: Adria, Diablo, Izual, Urzeal, Siegebreaker (it's easy to find, but long run), Maltheal (once again easy but annoying), Cydea (easy but annoying to get to), Butcher, spider queen.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular

Good to know. I'll have to get Boon up to 50 once I get Taeguk up to 45, i think I have a goldwrap in my inventory. I have to also do bounties to cube my Halo. I'll maybe be able to bug you guys on Saturday at the earliest. Since it's the start of the season, I figure I'll actually ahve tiem time to work it out. I'm just worried about the 45 GR right now.

If you're trying Avarice, I recommend using an Avarice Band ring. It makes completing the Conquest a lot easier.

Also really great for gold farming builds in general.

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »

If you're trying Avarice, I recommend using an Avarice Band ring. It makes completing the Conquest a lot easier.

I'll try and get one off of Kadala and I level up my gems.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular

Unfortunately gotta farm the ring from Act 3 bounty caches.

• Options
    Yay double bounty chests. Twice the chance for you to get it.

• Options
    Twice the Envious Blades, you mean.

• Options
    Poketpixie wrote: »

Unfortunately gotta farm the ring from Act 3 bounty caches.

Also a small chance from Act 5 right?

Also wanted to add that you can also do a regular rift run and get an open field to get it completed (with level 50 boon of the hoarder). Zero just did it last night while killing away.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I’m having the worst luck getting Kadala to give me a ring.

Do I need to give her one first?

• Options
    Sadly it might be easier to upgrade a rare to legendary. Kadala likes messing with her victims before killing them .

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I ended up using SoJ, CoE, and a cubed zodiac ring because I couldn't procure halfway decent focus/restraint after a very large number of reforges.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    E.Coyote wrote: »
    I ended up using SoJ, CoE, and a cubed zodiac ring because I couldn't procure halfway decent focus/restraint after a very large number of reforges.

My F/R have STR/VIT :( best I have found.

I guess I’ll just start upgrading rings and gamble for better armor.

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    E.Coyote wrote: »

My F/R have STR/VIT :( best I have found.

I guess I’ll just start upgrading rings and gamble for better armor.

Whereas I finally got my Focus (had gotten a restraint early), both from Kadala, and both ancient! Meh rolls on them though :( Now I just need her to give me the stupid helm I have to cube and I'll have the full UE setup and can start working towards my sentry/comp build that's supposed to be the top tier.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The least complained about aspect of diablo 3 and the most lacking part of the game no one talked about, is the music.

Blizzard actually took the band that made the music originally and made scores for WoW. Instead of making some great music that is found in the 1st and 2nd game for diablo 3, we get some toned down forgettable music that is taking a second place to the sound effects.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Eh, I like the Diablo 3 soundtrack. To me, the first Diablo's soundtrack only had one good song (Tristram, obviously). All the dungeon music was just quiet, meandering ambiance. Fitting for the game, perhaps, but not really pleasing to my ear. Diablo 3 has some good songs on its soundtrack, and also some dull ones. Just like all the Diablos (IMDO)!

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Ok, I won't be on early tomorrow since I need to take down my modem and go get my brand new one from the cable company. I'll be getting a late start so I may have to put off the request for conquest help until Sunday or later on in the week since I won't get all my gems ground out to 50 tonight.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Just came back to this after a few years break. Got a necro leveled to 70. Did the first 3 of the 4 parts to get free armor. At this point I can’t handle torment iv to finish off the set. Torment I goes so slow for me currently. I’m using the fresh 70 build off of icy veins. Any suggestions on how to up my damage so I can handle Torment iv?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Did you get kanai’s cube and 25 death breath to upgrade a rare scythe into a free legendary scythe? That’d more than likely get you a ton of damage.

There’s some more info in the op, otherwise we’d need a link to your profile.