As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] old thread is old

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Just came back to this after a few years break. Got a necro leveled to 70. Did the first 3 of the 4 parts to get free armor. At this point I can’t handle torment iv to finish off the set. Torment I goes so slow for me currently. I’m using the fresh 70 build off of icy veins. Any suggestions on how to up my damage so I can handle Torment iv?
    Noggin wrote: »
    Did you get kanai’s cube and 25 death breath to upgrade a rare scythe into a free legendary scythe? That’d more than likely get you a ton of damage.

There’s some more info in the op, otherwise we’d need a link to your profile.

Also, I checked out that build and would disagree on using Singularity right now. Since you probably don’t have circle of nailuj, nor reilena’s Shadowhook, nor essence stacked on gear... Singularity mages are probably just going to slow you down hard.

Switch to gift of death or archer mages and spam the hell out of it.

Edit’d in context

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Did you get kanai’s cube and 25 death breath to upgrade a rare scythe into a free legendary scythe? That’d more than likely get you a ton of damage.

There’s some more info in the op, otherwise we’d need a link to your profile.

I just started to read the OP and like an idiot I've spent a ton of mats doing this and that and didn't upgrade a rare into legendary.

Here's my char: https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Banzai5150-1859/hero/104714588

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    yeah your number one thing for now would just be farming to swap out your rare items for legendaries, especially your weapon, and then rerolling pertinent stats to get extra damage/defense

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Thanks go out to zero and Bets for getting me Boss Mode and letting me tag along on their Lv 80+ rifts to work my gems up. I only need to kill Mal in 1:30 and get my Gems up to 55, then do a second Conquest and I'll have Conqueror done.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    Thanks go out to zero and Bets for getting me Boss Mode and letting me tag along on their Lv 80+ rifts to work my gems up. I only need to kill Mal in 1:30 and get my Gems up to 55, then do a second Conquest and I'll have Conqueror done.

Indeed, thanks, AGAIN, for being awesome guys. Even redid some after I screwed up :P

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    New modem installed, time to grind some gems!

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. I’m slowly grinding away on gear.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Bullhead wrote: »

Indeed, thanks, AGAIN, for being awesome guys. Even redid some after I screwed up :P

We've all been there. When you click on the wrong button (or forget to click). As I said, at least it was only after the first boss. Think we've done runs where it is near the end and one person forgets to click on the button (or clicks on the wrong one). But don't think I have ever seen a run mess up at the last boss.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Well, I just need to grind out levels on Hoarder this week and then ask the best way to do Avarice. Not sure what I'd do for the third Conquest.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I will defer to those who play Wizard. But think you can just use the Death weapon and Etched Sigil along with element attack bonus gear to do the non set 45?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    you can complete avarice easily by just farming up 45(? I think?) t13 bounty caches and opening them all at once. It's a bit of farming but might be less frustrating than trying to build a gear set and find a good map for it

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    you can complete avarice easily by just farming up 45(? I think?) t13 bounty caches and opening them all at once. It's a bit of farming but might be less frustrating than trying to build a gear set and find a good map for it

This right here is one of the least stressful ways to get Avarice. Doubly easy with double bounty caches this season. 5 full T13 bounty games and you'll have avarice.

edit: a few pages ago I wrote up how to use bounties to get it, it's not that complicated, the main take away is don't have your gold pick up pet out and make sure you have 0 pick up radius.

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    When trying to do avarice with wizard i usually try to use a lightning vyr-MH build, which is what i use as my t13 goldfarm build anyways. It can be tricky to setup if you havent been gearing for it though. (I always gear for two wizard builds in the current meta - tal meteor and lightning vyr).

The basic idea is you want a build that kills everything on the screen very fast and also moves very quickly. Vyrs is perfect for this because at t13 everything melts and you have infinite teleports so you can keep moving screen to screen.

Other classes have even more effective builds. Necro "singularity speed" (by lord fluffy) is possibly the single best build for speed t13 goldfarm. DH UE Multishot would also be very effective. You could potentially piggyback on party members in a group game with any build though as long as you have avarice band, the gold finding gem and high gold fimd percent (10000% minimum would be great)

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    When trying to do avarice with wizard i usually try to use a lightning vyr-MH build, which is what i use as my t13 goldfarm build anyways. It can be tricky to setup if you havent been gearing for it though. (I always gear for two wizard builds in the current meta - tal meteor and lightning vyr).

The basic idea is you want a build that kills everything on the screen very fast and also moves very quickly. Vyrs is perfect for this because at t13 everything melts and you have infinite teleports so you can keep moving screen to screen.

Other classes have even more effective builds. Necro "singularity speed" (by lord fluffy) is possibly the single best build for speed t13 goldfarm. DH UE Multishot would also be very effective. You could potentially piggyback on party members in a group game with any build though as long as you have avarice band, the gold finding gem and high gold fimd percent (10000% minimum would be great)

I don't know if this is working as intended, but I discovered something while running with Zero. The gem and gold bonus does not work unless you are the one killing the monster. Found this out while I run Shadow while Zero runs UE for grift stone farming.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Oh wow that sucks.

If you plan on augmenting your gear and really pushing high GRs, it makes sense to have a goldfarm build outside of attempting the avarice conquest anyways. A good setup can get 50-100mil per t13 rift.

• Options
    Ok I'm chugging away and got a few things to help. I've brought my Damage from about 280k to 441k so far. I have some reapers wraps to try and reroll but I think the stats just suck on it. Got lucky and have a Reilena's Shadowhook and Circle of Nailuj's Evol in my cube now. I switched back to Mages with Singularity and can pop at least 4 during a normal fight and sometimes get up to 8 if it's a long one with tons of adds. Now to find a Tasker and Tusk to round out my Cube and of course upgrade the things I got so far. I can now easily do the Torment IV stuff so I'm working on finishing up for my last 2 set pieces. The only thing that hates me is rerolling something to have a gem slot. Spent through a ton of mats and no luck so far.

Uhm.. just realized some of this Kanai stuff is still new to me. Reforge a legendary? Does that reroll the whole thing so that maybe my Reaper's could be rolled useful?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Yes, it's a full reroll as though it was a whole new item, but between the bounty mats and 50 souls it's very costly and is best saved for things like weapons and amulets. If you want a better Reaper's Wraps you could just craft another at the smith.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Dont reroll reapers wraps using the cube - it costs less mats to craft a new one.

Reroll something that isnt a crafted item

Edit: and yeah, the cube legendary reroll does the whole item

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Klatu wrote: »

This right here is one of the least stressful ways to get Avarice. Doubly easy with double bounty caches this season. 5 full T13 bounty games and you'll have avarice.

edit: a few pages ago I wrote up how to use bounties to get it, it's not that complicated, the main take away is don't have your gold pick up pet out and make sure you have 0 pick up radius.

I must have missed it. I'll see if I can find it fast.

EDIT Search is doing nothing for me, but as long as I stand in town with the pet off and no gear on to prevent having a radius bonus I should be fine?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Thanks guys. After I posted that I realized I crafted the wraps and it’d be cheaper to craft again. But the whole reroll a rare to get is a nice idea.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    does rebirthing a character into a new season actually do anything that making a new one wouldn't?

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    does rebirthing a character into a new season actually do anything that making a new one wouldn't?

Well you get to keep the name and it's awfully convenient for people that have every character slot full. But otherwise no.

• Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Klatu wrote: »

I must have missed it. I'll see if I can find it fast.

EDIT Search is doing nothing for me, but as long as I stand in town with the pet off and no gear on to prevent having a radius bonus I should be fine?

All good, was on page 52, so quite a ways back.

Copy/paste of the entire thing, the top bullet points are the poignant bit.
    Oh if anyone is in need of conquests this season an easy EASY, though mildly time consuming but effective and profitable not just in money, way to achieve avarice is to do 9 games of T13 bounties.
    • Save up all 45 cache boxes unopened.
    • Take off all your gear and dismiss your gold collecting pet, you want 0 pickup radius when doing this. I'm pretty certain gold % doesn't count for this, but put some on as long as you don't get pickup radius if you want.
    • Stand right up as close as you can to the stash so you don't move an inch when you open it. You won't be able to hold all 45 on your person at once, you'll only have about 30 or something.
    • Start opening up your caches, don't collect anything.
    • Reenter your stash and get remaining cache boxes out, open them too.
    • Once all 45 are open and you hopefully didn't pick anything up, move around to collect all your gold and get the Avarice conquest.

I find this easier than doing the corvus runs with some classes. If I have WW barb or DH then Corvus is fine, but any other classes this may or may not depending on your tolerance for fiddling about, be easier.

We'll all be doing bounties anyway because the game requires it for rerolls, ugh, so if you aren't hard up and in desperate need of the materials, and you have the patience to do this anyway, may as well get an easy conquest out of it while farming your 150+ materials. And its also fun to absolutely destroy clan chat with your massive list of identified items :P

That said, 2 min rift, solo 75 and 3 gems to 65 are all very simple conquests this season and you probably won't have to even look at avarice.

The actual number required is 43 caches, but 45 is what you'll get unless you leave games early or come in half way. This is also achievable obviously with lower torment levels. I believe if you drop it down to TX you will need 51 caches. So you don't actually need to do T13, but you will need to do more of the lower level bounties to make up for the lower gold reward. To be on the safe side, if you do choose to do TX instead of T13 round upwards to the nearest 5, so 55 just to be safe, and you'll be in there getting caches anyway, so may as well stay for the whole bounty.

edit: a sentence
    edit2: more numbers

Avarice is usually one of the best to do because it's so damn easy.

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Poketpixie wrote: »

Well you get to keep the name and it's awfully convenient for people that have every character slot full. But otherwise no.

I am curious how it affects your history when you look at your account and all your characters but I haven't paid enough attention to answer

like as opposed to deleting the character

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Yeah my son (Firestarter) and I are working on caches for Avarice. We are doing it at T10 though but I read that 50 caches at T10 should be good for Avarice? Which means 5 complete all act bounty runs. We've done 2 so far.

We were also trying to do the Boss Mode conquest earlier with one of us doing each Boss and the other running to the next one so the other could teleport directly to the boss. It went well until Malthael which I died to repeatedly. Later we realized that together we could beat Maltheal easy enough so need to retry that but with both us fighting Maltheal together.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    Yeah my son (Firestarter) and I are working on caches for Avarice. We are doing it at T10 though but I read that 50 caches at T10 should be good for Avarice? Which means 5 complete all act bounty runs. We've done 2 so far.

We were also trying to do the Boss Mode conquest earlier with one of us doing each Boss and the other running to the next one so the other could teleport directly to the boss. It went well until Malthael which I died to repeatedly. Later we realized that together we could beat Maltheal easy enough so need to retry that but with both us fighting Maltheal together.
    I highly doubt you can get Boss Mode done that way. Are you going through all 16 bosses?

• Options
    Incindium wrote: »

Actually you won't be able to do it this way. You both have to fight them together in one run. You can do it with two players with both of you running for separate bosses then one of you Town Portaling back. Thrn going to the other's boss. Have the person who town portaled back click on the town on the map. Then go back through the town portal to the boss. Rinse and repeat.

But if you both want it we can do it for you. I love boss mode for the conquest.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    @Incindium sorry forgot to ping you.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    @Klatu It worked. Thanks for the advice. I only have to level 3 Gems to 70 and try running GR45 without my set and I'll have completed the season.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Our method should work but we'll need to do it twice. One person doing them and one being the gopher then exit the game and switch roles and do them again.

Only the person doing them will get the achievement each time.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Can also do what Zero and I do for boss mode. Split up the list of bosses ranging from hardest to find to easiest (also add in there Malthiel and Diablo since their death animations take long). You load up the T10 game a both run off to find the first boss (we usually head off for Urziel and Adria) The first one there town portals back and waits. The second person just pops the boss fight. Then as soon as the death finishes the first person opens the map and clicks on the town. That way the town portal is still there, walk through the town portal and pop the boss fight. Wash and repeat till all of them are dead.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Cleared a 90 on the DH without any augments, not sure I like the feel of the sentry build though. I also have 9+ puzzle rings if anyone wants to group up later.

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    E.Coyote wrote: »
    Cleared a 90 on the DH without any augments, not sure I like the feel of the sentry build though. I also have 9+ puzzle rings if anyone wants to group up later.

Yeah I was pushing 80 with UE, switched up to the nat/mara sentry build that's supposed to be the top tier one, and it felt really weird. I'm getting the hang of it though and it is pretty rad, love dropping a bunch of turrets and RoV and then running away!

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I loved Sentries back in the day, but when I played a Marauder build more recently I wasn't a big fan of the long setup time in an area to get max damage.

• Options
    TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Blizzcon schedule has two main stage Diablo panels, including the first panel after the opening ceremony.

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/schedule#fri-nov-2

Enter your speculation and/or doomsaying below.

Tarantio on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    1 panel on crafting all the nintendo transmog sets.

1 panel on coverting Diablo to use motion controls.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Agreed, I'm expecting the lowest amount of content ever because it IS Blizzard... It's hard to contain hype though. Fiending for some new Diablo content.

• Options
    TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    As I understand it, the first main stage panel after the opening ceremony has never featured less than a new expansion to a game.

Given the current state of D3, I expect it's a new full game.

Exactly what type of game is a bigger question.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    I'm curious if the D3 in game item is related to an expansion, and that's why it hasn't been revealed yet. It was mentioned in the press release for the warcraft stuff.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    I would be truly baffled if they announced an expansion for D3. The game has been on life support for years and the community is convinced that it's dead. That's not how you treat a game you intend to reenergize. They'd be better off with a new game even if it had the same engine and classes in it or something.