As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] old thread is old

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    This wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »
    90% of the people bitching about immortal are going to download it and try it out when it's available.
    No.

I think yes actually

What is the point of this? It reads like it's supposed to be a smug burn at people unhappy about the announcement. But it doesn't actually make sense as such:

"Ha, you're enough of a fan of Diablo and/or open minded enough to actually try* something even though you think it's gonna suck!". (*that will most likely be free to try)

Sure but he said no

So then I said yes

Cause I agree with the sentiment that the majority of the people competing to have the biggest bee in their bonnet about diablo mobile will probably try it when it comes out, because I also assume it will be free to try and by the time it comes out people will have gotten over the terrible wrong done to them at blizzcon and be open to trying it (if only to say they were right)

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    This wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »
    90% of the people bitching about immortal are going to download it and try it out when it's available.
    No.

I think yes actually

What is the point of this? It reads like it's supposed to be a smug burn at people unhappy about the announcement. But it doesn't actually make sense as such:

"Ha, you're enough of a fan of Diablo and/or open minded enough to actually try* something even though you think it's gonna suck!". (*that will most likely be free to try)

Sure but he said no

So then I said yes

Cause I agree with the sentiment that the majority of the people competing the have the biggest bee in their bonnet about diablo mobile will probably try it when it comes out, because I also assume it will be free to try and by the time it comes out people will have gotten over the terrible wrong done to them at blizzcon and be open to trying it (if only to say they were right)

Tbh I'm not so sure about that these days. In the past I'd be cracking Modern Warfare 2 boycott jokes but these days people seem to be sticking more to their word when it comes to not buying stuff and causing PR headaches.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Oh awesome, apologists turning into political garbage, too?

Fuck off with your boner for conservative baiting. And conspiracy theories? They literally took down the trailer to reupload.

What on earth are you on about here mate?

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    The MW2 boycott is a bad example because that was a good game people wanted

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I slso never did pay out for the D3 necro, wasn't enjoying D3 enough to microtransact it, but I assume he doesn't play a thing like the D2 version.

I am playing Diablo 3 for the first time and went right into my favorite character from Diablo 2 and he plays a lot like the D2 version IMO. I am surrounded by 7 skeletons and a golem and when they get a kill or two I corpse explode. There are also 3 curses including Decrepify that can be runed into different effects, I'm not using them right now, instead I use the ice golem's big area freeze attack immediately followed by an area poison Army of the Dead which is pretty effective. But yeah you can play him like the old one. Corpses spawn when you kill enemies and they can be used as a secondary resource for a number of things. And there's bone spear and a poison nova and revives and skeletal mages (now a temp summon), bone armor, bone spirit, it's all there.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    If they try it and still hate it, at least their discontent is coming from an informed place rather than a general "phone games bad" sentiment.
    There's a lot to unpack here, but let's just do a couple of things.

First and foremost, the idea that people don't like phone games because they're uninformed is just silly.

Diablo Immortal is not out yet, so people do not and cannot have an informed opinion about it. In lieu of such, they react based on their general feeling towards phone games.

Well.. It's also about netease

This translation of a Chinese post was on reddit
    >"In China, we call net ease as "pig farm"
    >which mean, they do not treat player as normal human but pigs. 
    >If EA is like a 2 out of 10, Netease is -2859
    >
    >The funny thing is, in NA, players hate the mobile game.But in China, we are ok with mobile game, but we are not OK with Netease mobile game. Thats how bad it is."

This got me curious as to who Netease even is so some quick googling later and:
    NetEase operates some international online games in Mainland China, including World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, StarCraft II, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls and Overwatch.
    Oh
    http://diablo.somepage.com/news/2096-freetoplay-diablo-iii-arrives-in-china
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So basically Netease takes Blizzard games, alters them as necessary for China, and then tacks as much MtX on top of them as possible because apparently those are super popular in China for some reason? I highly suspect the meeting where they decided this would be a good idea to treat like a big announcement was the same one where they decided to book Train because yikes.

I mean they have had a long partnership so the fact that Blizzard chose NetEase explains itself, they also have quite some experience with mobile ARPGs. Reading that article this actually seems...one of the least egregious microtransaction systems? You get the base game free, you could buy the expansion for somewhat normal prices. Then there's extra cosmetics on top of it and some gameplay boosts (extra character slot/stash space obviously). But with the sidenote that you could earn the currency through ingame means.

I mean if people try to use this as an example as to what Immortals would look like, fine? I get that their other games are a little heavier handed but if this is what we have to go on for their partnerships with Blizzard, I'm not that worried.

We'll see though. I think the point is we just don't know yet.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I just beat act 3. More thoughts on the game and story:

- It feels more like Diablo the longer I play it, in terms of map design and mob design and gameplay. As opposed to feeling like Torchlight or something. I mean it looks like Torchlight but whatever.

- I am really tired of being praised by everyone at every turn. You can feel the committee design for mass market, "gotta make the player feel powerful! Gotta reassure them that they're awesome and great! Good feelings will keep people playing!" I am also really tired of modern-style writing where everything is half-jokey, and also my companion (the enchantress) keeps telling me how horrible and frightening Hell is, because apparently I need the point driven home, it can't just be horrific because I'm here experiencing it right now. You have to tell-don't-show and reinforce everything.

- I did not mind bosses just showing up out of nowhere with no previous introduction or dialogue in Diablo 1 and 2. I do not need them popping up constantly to tell me I am going to die and laugh in my face. Again you can hear the writers being like "people need to see the villain, know the villain! That way they will know they're threatening and evil and killing them will be satisfying!" It was satisfying before. Nameless, unencountered horror lurking in the background is perfectly fine. Frodo never met Sauron. Anticipation of a fight with some creature you know nothing about other than from old Horadric texts is great. This is not.

- So I killed Asmodan and got back to the keep and everyone was happy, the former mayor of Tristram said "I didn't run!" and was proud to have stood his ground, the older couple were relieved, the young couple were happy, the kids were happy, everything was great. Then I went up to the roof and saw the betrayal, but went back into the keep instead of going through the portal right away. Now half the NPCs are dead? The Tristram mayor died and the guards were like "why didn't he run?" and the old couple were dead and left a note not to bury them with the husband's sword, the young lady's boyfriend died, everyone was sad. What happened? There was no reason anything should've happened in the keep while I was on the roof. All I can think of is they wrote two endings and decided to show them both?

- I kept getting a buff on me called Stinky and I looked at it in the character sheet and it said "you were afraid so you did the most natural defense mechanism." ...Seriously my character in Diablo is pissing and shitting himself? I learned it was from the pants I was wearing, which I'm not anymore. But what the heck.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Kreutz wrote: »
    So if I'm starting a season character right now and going through story mode on the Hard difficulty (a misnomer but it's too late to change it now), will I have enough time to get my 6-piece set or should I just chill out and try again next season? I'm enjoying the story so I'm going to play it out regardless.

I don't think it's too late. You have over a month to complete the Season's Journey, and I'm pretty sure you can change difficulty almost at will. Want it harder, exit to the main menu, choose Game Options, and you should be able to change difficulty. You can also lower the difficulty anytime you want while in the game.

@Kreutz Yep, like Erl said you can still make it by soloing. Can also post here if you need some help with some parts of it and there are a few of us who can try and jump on to help you. This is all assuming you are talking about the PC version.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    If they try it and still hate it, at least their discontent is coming from an informed place rather than a general "phone games bad" sentiment.
    There's a lot to unpack here, but let's just do a couple of things.

First and foremost, the idea that people don't like phone games because they're uninformed is just silly.

Diablo Immortal is not out yet, so people do not and cannot have an informed opinion about it. In lieu of such, they react based on their general feeling towards phone games.

Well.. It's also about netease

This translation of a Chinese post was on reddit
    >"In China, we call net ease as "pig farm"
    >which mean, they do not treat player as normal human but pigs. 
    >If EA is like a 2 out of 10, Netease is -2859
    >
    >The funny thing is, in NA, players hate the mobile game.But in China, we are ok with mobile game, but we are not OK with Netease mobile game. Thats how bad it is."

This got me curious as to who Netease even is so some quick googling later and:
    NetEase operates some international online games in Mainland China, including World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, StarCraft II, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls and Overwatch.
    Oh
    http://diablo.somepage.com/news/2096-freetoplay-diablo-iii-arrives-in-china
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So basically Netease takes Blizzard games, alters them as necessary for China, and then tacks as much MtX on top of them as possible because apparently those are super popular in China for some reason? I highly suspect the meeting where they decided this would be a good idea to treat like a big announcement was the same one where they decided to book Train because yikes.

I mean they have had a long partnership so the fact that Blizzard chose NetEase explains itself, they also have quite some experience with mobile ARPGs. Reading that article this actually seems...one of the least egregious microtransaction systems? You get the base game free, you could buy the expansion for somewhat normal prices. Then there's extra cosmetics on top of it and some gameplay boosts (extra character slot/stash space obviously). But with the sidenote that you could earn the currency through ingame means.

I mean if people try to use this as an example as to what Immortals would look like, fine? I get that their other games are a little heavier handed but if this is what we have to go on for their partnerships with Blizzard, I'm not that worried.

We'll see though. I think the point is we just don't know yet.

My opinion is admittedly pretty skewed against the rise of MtX in non-F2P games so I'm far more prone to have a 'haha fuck that' reaction.
    I just beat act 3. More thoughts on the game and story:

- It feels more like Diablo the longer I play it, in terms of map design and mob design and gameplay. As opposed to feeling like Torchlight or something. I mean it looks like Torchlight but whatever.

- I am really tired of being praised by everyone at every turn. You can feel the committee design for mass market, "gotta make the player feel powerful! Gotta reassure them that they're awesome and great! Good feelings will keep people playing!" I am also really tired of modern-style writing where everything is half-jokey, and also my companion (the enchantress) keeps telling me how horrible and frightening Hell is, because apparently I need the point driven home, it can't just be horrific because I'm here experiencing it right now. You have to tell-don't-show and reinforce everything.

- I did not mind bosses just showing up out of nowhere with no previous introduction or dialogue in Diablo 1 and 2. I do not need them popping up constantly to tell me I am going to die and laugh in my face. Again you can hear the writers being like "people need to see the villain, know the villain! That way they will know they're threatening and evil and killing them will be satisfying!" It was satisfying before. Nameless, unencountered horror lurking in the background is perfectly fine. Frodo never met Sauron. Anticipation of a fight with some creature you know nothing about other than from old Horadric texts is great. This is not.

- So I killed Asmodan and got back to the keep and everyone was happy, the former mayor of Tristram said "I didn't run!" and was proud to have stood his ground, the older couple were relieved, the young couple were happy, the kids were happy, everything was great. Then I went up to the roof and saw the betrayal, but went back into the keep instead of going through the portal right away. Now half the NPCs are dead? The Tristram mayor died and the guards were like "why didn't he run?" and the old couple were dead and left a note not to bury them with the husband's sword, the young lady's boyfriend died, everyone was sad. What happened? There was no reason anything should've happened in the keep while I was on the roof. All I can think of is they wrote two endings and decided to show them both?

- I kept getting a buff on me called Stinky and I looked at it in the character sheet and it said "you were afraid so you did the most natural defense mechanism." ...Seriously my character in Diablo is pissing and shitting himself? I learned it was from the pants I was wearing, which I'm not anymore. But what the heck.

I'm gonna be super curious to read what you think of an upcoming reveal. Especially the design of it.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    1-70 necro can recreate the d2 feel of pets + corpse explosion very well.

At 70, sets and item design means that mages are like 200x more effective. With that gear on, clicking corpse explosion is meaningless and probably won’t even move the monsters HP bar. Likewise, if you gear for corpse explosion, now your pets are meaningless. There’s ways to gear for both, but it greatly handicaps your damage. Jack of all trades, etc.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    So if I'm starting a season character right now and going through story mode on the Hard difficulty (a misnomer but it's too late to change it now), will I have enough time to get my 6-piece set or should I just chill out and try again next season? I'm enjoying the story so I'm going to play it out regardless.

I don't think it's too late. You have over a month to complete the Season's Journey, and I'm pretty sure you can change difficulty almost at will. Want it harder, exit to the main menu, choose Game Options, and you should be able to change difficulty. You can also lower the difficulty anytime you want while in the game.

@Kreutz Yep, like Erl said you can still make it by soloing. Can also post here if you need some help with some parts of it and there are a few of us who can try and jump on to help you. This is all assuming you are talking about the PC version.

And PS4 version (for me)Oh crap, I just realized I haven't been running the seasons on my Xbone/PS4 copies. I wonder...is 40 days enough time to complete the season journey on two separate consoles?

8-)

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Fuck off with your boner for conservative baiting. And conspiracy theories? They literally took down the trailer to reupload.

Last page, tangent that people complaining about the mobile game are "alt-right conspiracy theorists".

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Noggin wrote: »
    1-70 necro can recreate the d2 feel of pets + corpse explosion very well.

At 70, sets and item design means that mages are like 200x more effective. With that gear on, clicking corpse explosion is meaningless and probably won’t even move the monsters HP bar. Likewise, if you gear for corpse explosion, now your pets are meaningless. There’s ways to gear for both, but it greatly handicaps your damage. Jack of all trades, etc.

Yeah, that's a big problem with Diablo 3's skill and equipment design in general. Since gear affects skills directly instead of providing subtler enhancements it ends up with builds getting railroaded into specific directions with little room for creativity in high end pushing.

Last page, tangent that people complaining about the mobile game are "alt-right conspiracy theorists".

Lol, that's not what I said at all. There are plenty of valid things to be complaining about with all this, I was just making fun of actual conspiracy theorists over on Reddit saying crazy shit about Blizzard in response to someone else. But you do you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Wow the fan reaction to the mobile game is unbelievably fucking stupid.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I'll take it over bootlicking tbh

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Wow the fan reaction to the mobile game is unbelievably fucking stupid.
    Some of it is understandable. As someone who let out a pretty audible "OH FUCK YOU" at the screen when EA dropped their C&C mobile game at E3 I can understand the disappointment and resentment of being a franchise fan waiting forever to get a new game only to have a dumb, mobile POS get thrown out there. Especially when something like this dropped as the finale for Blizzcon instead of as a one off announcement which was a teeeerrrrrible idea. If Blizzard had just said "we've got big plans for the future of Diablo we can't talk about just yet but in the meantime here's Wonderwall Diablo Immortal" then the backlash would have been greatly reduced. It also doesn't help that EA set off a pretty big pusback against the industry with their shenanigans last year (holy shit that was a year ago!?) and it seems like there's a lot of lingering resentment still simmering against the big names in gaming.

There is definitely a segment that needs to just take a breath and consider if giving themselves a full on aneurysm is worth it, though. Maybe it's just cause I'm getting older but I just can't fathom being that god damn angry over everything all the time anymore.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    "Destroy the rift oculus in the hell rift"

I mean I own a Vive but it's not like I hate its competitors THAT much...

• Options

Lol, that's not what I said at all. There are plenty of valid things to be complaining about with all this, I was just making fun of actual conspiracy theorists over on Reddit saying crazy shit about Blizzard in response to someone else. But you do you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You said the people accusing Blizzard are alt-right conspiracy theorists.

But what "crazy shit"? The crap about Google's algorithm being gamed is a bit far-fetched, but it's absolutely a paid service and it's common to "work with" the service to shape commentary. And transparently, they have literally taken down the trailer and re-posted as unlisted to clear the dislikes. And the dislikes keep spiking down 100k at a time. I'm really not sure what "alt-right" has to do with it, or your later distasteful joke about pizza gate. Shrug your shoulders, but that's bait garbage commentary at its finest.

I'm not even conservative, but I can see why with attitudes like that over a game, you've got what you've got over there.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

That’s not really what I’m talking about and I think you know that.

• Options
    I guess to be fair and clear and elaborate on my curt response, I don’t think disliking the game or its direction is the same as going batshit crazy because Blizzard is making a mobile game.

• Options
    I guess to be fair and clear and elaborate on my curt response, I don’t think disliking the game or its direction is the same as going batshit crazy because Blizzard is making a mobile game.

This is straw-manning the topic.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Yeesh.

• Options

That’s not really what I’m talking about and I think you know that.

No if I didn't think that I wouldn't have posted it

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    I think there's a lot of reasons why Diablo fans (including myself) are upset about this announcement. Claiming that it's one thing or another thing is simplifying the issue a lot, and it's an injustice.

I also think it's weird to accuse the general anger about this announcement as 'toxic', because I'm not sure I've seen much toxicity yet. The most toxic thing someone has done that I've heard of is that guy who asked if it was an April Fools joke. And while that's kind of rude, it's not particularly toxic. He was angry, he expressed himself without being vulgar or crude and without belittling people.

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but have the people upset harassed anyone? Or have they simply demonstrated their feelings by utilizing the tools that are provided, such as expressing their opinion on social media (tweets, reddit threads, etc) and downvoting the trailer?

Is it toxic to have an opinion and share it? I'm sure there's a subset of people who are being shitheels about it and of course that should be shut down and rooted out anywhere it's seen, but in general this seems like a lot of people expressing themselves and other people are getting angry that someone would dare express themselves.

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular

I appreciate the offer, but I'm on the Switch version and I'm out of town most of the week so soloing is more or less the only option. I'm kind of bummed that there's no cross play with any of the other versions, especially since I'm pretty sure I unlocked some stuff for D3 playing other Blizzard games.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Dronus86 wrote: »
    I think there's a lot of reasons why Diablo fans (including myself) are upset about this announcement. Claiming that it's one thing or another thing is simplifying the issue a lot, and it's an injustice.

I also think it's weird to accuse the general anger about this announcement as 'toxic', because I'm not sure I've seen much toxicity yet. The most toxic thing someone has done that I've heard of is that guy who asked if it was an April Fools joke. And while that's kind of rude, it's not particularly toxic. He was angry, he expressed himself without being vulgar or crude and without belittling people.

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but have the people upset harassed anyone? Or have they simply demonstrated their feelings by utilizing the tools that are provided, such as expressing their opinion on social media (tweets, reddit threads, etc) and downvoting the trailer?

Is it toxic to have an opinion and share it? I'm sure there's a subset of people who are being shitheels about it and of course that should be shut down and rooted out anywhere it's seen, but in general this seems like a lot of people expressing themselves and other people are getting angry that someone would dare express themselves.

No one is upset that people who aren’t happy with the announcement. I think there is definitely a middle ground here between the claims critical of outrage and the counter claims of bootlicking.

People have every right to not like the announcement, but some people seem to have taken it upon themselves to try and one up each other about just how outraged they are because Blizzard is making a mobile game and not Diablo 4, similarly with the people who claim this is a “slap in the face”.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Still better than Anthem. That got compared to the Holocaust, 'cause it didn't have anyone to fuck.

• Options

It's really not but ok.

• Options

I appreciate the offer, but I'm on the Switch version and I'm out of town most of the week so soloing is more or less the only option. I'm kind of bummed that there's no cross play with any of the other versions, especially since I'm pretty sure I unlocked some stuff for D3 playing other Blizzard games.

I'm on the Switch too, and I regularly see several other PA people playing. I friended most people in the PA thread. Right now there's Fiji, Iceman2343, and JeffConser. There was someone else too who is already level 70. So you might be able to find buddies in the PA thread. But this is my first time playing and I'm going slow-ish and don't know much about the season stuff.

I found that you can change your Season difficulty level by quitting out to the main menu and changing it there, you just can't do it while you are playing.

Also you should already have everything unlocked that you normally can for past Blizzard promotional stuff that you can't do anymore, for example I saw something when customizing my banner that said it required owning Starcraft 2 or something like that.

• Options

It's really not but ok.

If you believe that you don't understand the issue.

• Options

It's really not but ok.

I'm not sure you understand what a straw man is? It's when you construct a a simpler/easier/incorrect version of your opponent's argument to make it easier to knock down or dismiss.

In this case you have dismissed the complaint because you say people are going batshit crazy because Blizzard is making a mobile game. But most people are not going "batshit crazy" and their complaint isn't simply that Blizzard is making a mobile game. There are a million details and circumstances surrounding "making a mobile game" that add context to why some people might be upset.

Rhetorically your statement is like if someone punches you and they defend themselves by saying "lol why are you so upset that my hand briefly touched your face??"

• Options
    I know what a straw man is

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The Discourse in this thread is getting to be a bit much.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

It's really not but ok.

I'm not sure you understand what a straw man is? It's when you construct a a simpler/easier/incorrect version of your opponent's argument to make it easier to knock down or dismiss.

In this case you have dismissed the complaint because you say people are going batshit crazy because Blizzard is making a mobile game. But most people are not going "batshit crazy" and their complaint isn't simply that Blizzard is making a mobile game. There are a million details and circumstances surrounding "making a mobile game" that add context to why some people might be upset.

Rhetorically your statement is like if someone punches you and they defend themselves by saying "lol why are you so upset that my hand briefly touched your face??"

Just briefly look at the Diablo subreddit. I would agree with the assessment that people are going absolutely bonkers over this. The only thing we really know about the game is that it's a mobile game. It's still early in development. Half the systems haven't even been fleshed out! The people that tried it generally said it feels like Diablo 3 on mobile. It existing is not some terrible thing, and quite frankly, sort of expected with the way mobile gaming has been going.

It absolutely could turn out bad and a microtransaction nightmare. We'll find out in due time. This isn't a reaction to a mobile game that has all these problems people are assuming it will have (and even then it's an extreme reaction), it actually is just being mad about a mobile game.

Like, literally they said "Hey, we're having this other company make a Diablo mobile game! We think it's coming along, but it's not done yet!" Sure, be disappointed about that, but let's not act like we have enough to claim it's some terrible end to the Diablo franchise or that it's some giant slap in the face. We can make guesses, but this is people just feeding into their own assumptions. If it turns out that it's clearly a cash grab (this would be pretty obvious, these games almost never do a good job at hiding it) then by all means, we should be angry. But that's not something we know at this time.

• Options
    I'm gonna be super curious to read what you think of an upcoming reveal. Especially the design of it.

What were you talking about? I'm in act 5 now.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

I'm guessing it was the reveal of the New Diablo as the Prime Evil.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Prime Evil Diablo looks cool as heck

Its a shame that Azmodan got control of the speech part of the shared body but still

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Oh shit I just got an SoJ haha! I like the description.
    see317 wrote: »

I'm guessing it was the reveal of the New Diablo as the Prime Evil.

Oh yeah it's a good design. I missed having a good horrific transformation scene though!

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    This is glib and doesn't exactly describe the scenario but it was a fun response to the Diablo Immortal situation nonetheless:

DrIJSHTV4AAQOrx.jpg

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Prime Evil Diablo looks cool as heck

Its a shame that Azmodan got control of the speech part of the shared body but still

ARE YOU NOT AFRAID OF MY REALM OF TEAR-ROAR?