As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] old thread is old

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Unless things changed for switch you only need keystones for greater rifts, compared to the standard ones (which is also where you get the keystones in the first place)

If you're playing seasonal, I would focus on getting the free set from the journey milestones first as that's going to be an enormous leg up towards doing anything else. Also go get Kanai's Cube if you haven't already, it's in act 3, talk to Kulle in town to tell you exactly where to go because I can't remember what the map node is called. Fortress something I think?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Kyanilis wrote: »

I think the general reaction is still way over the top but I really think this is a big part of it. It's not surprising to me that the "big" reveal of the show was a mobile game because, to be honest, the whole show was sort of a dud. I think a better Diablo announcement would have helped tremendously but if they didn't have anything concrete to show then what can you do?
    The reaction against the reaction has been worse, imo. Some of the journalists comparing it to real world problems / Trump was a bit .... much. I was reading it on Resetera and it's just...c'mon, all, get a grip.

That being said, in response to your "then what can you do?". Blizzard in the past would not hold a Blizzcon if there wasn't anything to really show. They would even state that as a reason.

That ALSO didn't help, because, if you've done that in the past, but this year you're going forward with Blizzcon? That implies it'll have something worthy of it.

It did not.

With e-Sports and the new regime, though, maybe that's also a thing that's changed.

I mean, the last year they skipped was 2012. I don't think that's really an option anymore, especially with eSports as you mentioned. Everyone I've talked to that went said they had a lot of fun still, so I think it's worth still doing, but I think everyone is feeling kind of lukewarm about the announcements this year.

And yeah, I think there's some valid complaints to be made regarding gamer entitlement, it's a real problem and is pretty clear is in effect here (I don't mean here, specifically, most people here tend to be pretty reasonable on the whole). I think that at the moment the Diablo subreddit is just a toxic circlejerk and I'm hoping that'll clear up as people lose interest in being mad about a game that they can...just not play. With that being said, I absolutely agree that there's been some takes reacting to that that have been pretty awful too. I think there's a lot to be said about the reaction but I think some of the lines being drawn are quite the stretch.

I mean, maybe it's not all for nothing, maybe Blizzard will be like "well shit, maybe we should at least tease Diablo 4?" But I always feel like when Blizzard shows something they try to actually, well, show something. So a TES6-like title scroll is not really their style. But maybe that would have been at least worth it? Despite the fact that I think the fans have reacted poorly, I 100% also believe that Blizzard could have done more/handled the situation better. I think they anticipated it but I think their "oh well" stance isn't a good look.

I don't even know what people mean when they're talking about "entitlement" with regards to video games.

Customers have a right to voice their complaints, to review and respond to things negatively, and to take their business elsewhere if a company doesn't respond to that feedback.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    Just started adventure mode a bit ago. I wasn't paying super close attention but I think the game told me I would need keystones to open rifts, and then I went over and opened one right up no problem, and then I read online that they removed keystones as a requirement and you can just do rifts anytime. Again it's kind of confusing and weird...

What should I focus on doing primarily? The stuff I get from completing bounties is pretty awesome, and apparently it's double right now too. But I also should work on that season journey thing? Or do rifts/greater rifts?

I'm in torment 1 difficulty right now and it isn't too hard, it's about right for me at the moment, I still haven't died once ever since playing the game for the first time.

You know, that's the funny thing about D3. Having been along for the ride since the start, it's been an iterative process of them including some grindy busywork in front of getting some good shit... and then a bit later letting you skip to the good shit.

The whole rift key system is a great example of this, but there were others. The most obvious was the Auction House mechanic which got jettisoned for Loot 2.0, were almost everything you find is amazing for your character. The Paragon system was originally a buff to your magic find which got jettisoned for near limitless incremental buff levels. The Adventure Mode bounties were originally fun shit you could do, which also served to gate off the Rifts which were even more fun shit you could do!

A part of me wonders if they've gone too far in just giving players what they want, without any work though. As a long time player, my grinding days are behind me. I served my time, and I don't mind starting a new seasonal character and just being given a fucking set which turns them into a god after a few trivial achievements. But as a brand new player, I'm curious if it will feel facile or rote to you.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Unless things changed for switch you only need keystones for greater rifts, compared to the standard ones (which is also where you get the keystones in the first place)

If you're playing seasonal, I would focus on getting the free set from the journey milestones first as that's going to be an enormous leg up towards doing anything else. Also go get Kanai's Cube if you haven't already, it's in act 3, talk to Kulle in town to tell you exactly where to go because I can't remember what the map node is called. Fortress something I think?

Yeah after doing one rift I got a couple greater keystones or something. Also just got Kanai's Cube and have been exploring that adventure mode-specific area including the forest.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Just started adventure mode a bit ago. I wasn't paying super close attention but I think the game told me I would need keystones to open rifts, and then I went over and opened one right up no problem, and then I read online that they removed keystones as a requirement and you can just do rifts anytime. Again it's kind of confusing and weird...

What should I focus on doing primarily? The stuff I get from completing bounties is pretty awesome, and apparently it's double right now too. But I also should work on that season journey thing? Or do rifts/greater rifts?

I'm in torment 1 difficulty right now and it isn't too hard, it's about right for me at the moment, I still haven't died once ever since playing the game for the first time.

Do whatever is next in the seasonal journey, everything through chapter 4 will get you up to higher torments by giving you free L70 set pieces for completing the chapters.

After that, the most efficient main gameplay loop is something like:

Do nephilim rifts at whichever torment difficulty is easy enough for you to clear the rift in under 5 minutes

then

Do greater rifts to level up legendary gems

repeat to climb to harder and harder content

• Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular

Rifts are a fun, relaxing, randomly generated dungeon. They are considered one of the best ways to get 'loot'. I'd suggest running a few to get a feel for them. You may get Greater Rift Keystones, which can be used to open Greater Rifts.

Greater Rifts have difficulty that is separate from the game difficulty. A level 10 greater rift in torment 10 is equally hard as a level 10 greater rift in normal. These do not drop loot as you do them, have a time limit, but at the end they drop more loot + a special legendary gem that can only go into sockets on jewelry and have their own self contained level that's raised by doing more and more difficult greater rifts. There are ~23 different legendary gems, and I've never seen a build that doesn't use 3 (2 rings, 1 amulet). So they are worth doing.

Bounties will reward a bounty cache once you complete a full act. These can contain very specific legendaries (some are very good), and they also drop materials which are used in super special secret crafting recipes (in the cube). You will eventually want to do them for the materials and a few of the legendaries (like the royal ring of grandeur).

The 'goal' now is to build your character. Get loot, choose your favorite skills, see how far it takes you!

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options

Do whatever is next in the seasonal journey, everything through chapter 4 will get you up to higher torments by giving you free L70 set pieces for completing the chapters.

After that, the most efficient main gameplay loop is something like:

Do nephilim rifts at whichever torment difficulty is easy enough for you to clear the rift in under 5 minutes

then

Do greater rifts to level up legendary gems

repeat to climb to harder and harder content

Oh yeah, definitely do the Seasonal Journey. The free set is crazy valuable and powerful.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Diablo fans has an interview up with lead designer Wyatt Cheng and senior producer Joe Hsu.
    One of the really, really exciting things about Diablo Immortal, we know from the outset we plan to expand over time. That’s not something we’ve done with a Diablo game before, where even before we ship we know we’re going to support it with live content updates.

One of the things players love is new content, players are always eager to have new content and see new experiences, so we’re planning at the beginning on that. We’re planning on new classes, new zones, new loot, new dungeons. We're making sure we're able to continue expanding.

That second part is brutal. The community has been begging them to find a way to make that work for D3, especially after 15 months of radio silence. Makes it sound like 3 is just done.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    3 is and has been on life support for years

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Bullhead wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Which Demon Hunter set dungeon is relatively reasonable to master? I tried the Unhallowed Essence one, and it's just so fiddly. Trying to herd these slow-ass mobs who don't always want to follow you into groups of at-least-20-but-not-much-more-because-then-you-won't-have-enough-groups wasn't very fun and interesting.
    @Delduwath

I'll quote Betsuni from when I asked this very question, as it was spot on. Marauders was SOOOOO much easier. I hate the UE dungeon.
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I found the best way to do the UE dungeon is farm Marauders and run the Multishot Marauders dungeon.

Seriously.

I mastered the UE dungeon long ago and hate that you need to get lucky with it. There are some monsters that do not aggro on you so you're just hoping that they are sitting where you can hit them and get the 20. There is enough time to kill everything so concentrate more on getting the packs. But I hated it so much that I refuse to do it ever again. It is always Marauders for me since that is the easiest.
    Hey, much thanks, Bullhead (and also, indirectly, Betsuni)! I've got at least one of every DH set item already, so I should be able to give this a try.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Diablo fans has an interview up with lead designer Wyatt Cheng and senior producer Joe Hsu.
    One of the really, really exciting things about Diablo Immortal, we know from the outset we plan to expand over time. That’s not something we’ve done with a Diablo game before, where even before we ship we know we’re going to support it with live content updates.

One of the things players love is new content, players are always eager to have new content and see new experiences, so we’re planning at the beginning on that. We’re planning on new classes, new zones, new loot, new dungeons. We're making sure we're able to continue expanding.

That second part is brutal. The community has been begging them to find a way to make that work for D3, especially after 15 months of radio silence. Makes it sound like 3 is just done.

I mean, Diablo 3 is over 6 years old. It's really disappointing, but not all that surprising. Especially since Necro there has been nothing done besides running the seasons on schedule.

It's a little annoying to see them do this with Immortal, but then again it's a completely different company that's doing the work so it's not like it's preventing Blizzard from working on their projects. I was just already skeptical they were going to put more effort into D3.

• Options
    3 is and has been on life support for years
    True, but I consider the fact that Diablo 3, which came out in 2012, still receives any kind of developer attention (even if it's just going into a config file and changing "NumHoradricCaches=1" to "NumHoradricCaches=2") to be a modern miracle, and is enough to make me believe in ghosts, Santa Claus, Bigfoot, Area 51 experiments, and every religion.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    The changes in summer 2017 were pretty significant, and we've had downtime before so it didn't seem impossible that more could come. Still could eventually, of course, just not soon.

Just feels much more final now. Which is a shame because the Necro could really use a second balance pass.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    I really wanted another D3 expansion with at least one more class (it bothers my OCD that there are two Strength classes, two Dexterity classes, but three Intelligence classes...) and some more end-game activities to provide another avenue to power up your character (the way that Kanai's Cube lets you reach a certain power plateau faster by letting you target specific item slots for legendaries, and then gets you power by letting you equip extra legendary powers; legendary gems also sneak in additional powers; and the Cube plus legendary gems let you just advance numerically by stapling extra mainstat onto items).

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I really thought Blizzard was on to something with the Ghost mission pack for SC2. I thought we were in this glorious new era of content additions to video games that are bite-sized singleplayer content.

But apparently Blizzard didn't make enough money on that business model or something, because the idea died with the very first thing they did.

Just think how awesome adventure-pack style addons could have been for Diablo. "The Mystery of the Blood Swamp" an adventure with a start and finish entirely divorced from the main campaign, designed to take around 10-12 hours of play. Or "Zultan Kulle's Forgotten Manor" a spooky adventure through a new manor house. Or you know. Whatever.

Charge $15 per pack, release a new one every 4-6 months, and give players a slow trickle of additional content to play through. Expand the world. Let us experience places and events outside of the direct threat of the Prime Evils.

• Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    @UncleSporky do the Season Journey then grind out Bounties while the bonus cache is in play. You'll need a TON of materials for all the cubing you'll do, so seize the DOUBLE materials being given while you can.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

I haven't farmed much endgame but, I think the idea is that rifts are where you farm items, bounties are where you farm components for Kanai's cube (among other things, lets you move legendary effects from one item to another), and greater rifts (which you use keystones for now?) are where you find/upgrade legendary gems.

If you are doing a season you probably want to focus on the journey since the end of it gets you a pretty nice set.

There's probably more specific advice others could give if you want to get things faster.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I dont want a new expansion per se but I would like it if they found a way to go let players go nuts with the existing stuff

Like cross class skills or removing set restrictions and make it so a wizard wearing a demon hunter set gets the skills the demon hunter set effects

Make it so people have to play the game normally and hit paragon 200 or something first if that matters but it should be possible to spice things up a little without necessarily adding new things

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Bullhead wrote: »
    Which Demon Hunter set dungeon is relatively reasonable to master? I tried the Unhallowed Essence one, and it's just so fiddly. Trying to herd these slow-ass mobs who don't always want to follow you into groups of at-least-20-but-not-much-more-because-then-you-won't-have-enough-groups wasn't very fun and interesting.
    @Delduwath

I'll quote Betsuni from when I asked this very question, as it was spot on. Marauders was SOOOOO much easier. I hate the UE dungeon.
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I found the best way to do the UE dungeon is farm Marauders and run the Multishot Marauders dungeon.

Seriously.

I mastered the UE dungeon long ago and hate that you need to get lucky with it. There are some monsters that do not aggro on you so you're just hoping that they are sitting where you can hit them and get the 20. There is enough time to kill everything so concentrate more on getting the packs. But I hated it so much that I refuse to do it ever again. It is always Marauders for me since that is the easiest.
    Hey, much thanks, Bullhead (and also, indirectly, Betsuni)! I've got at least one of every DH set item already, so I should be able to give this a try.

Also, since you are still early in Paragon Points you can try Nats dungeon. I found that to be the second easiest.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Let one character equip another character as a weapon.

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Outlets co-opting progressive language to defend the honor of a massive corporation from the horrors of consumers being Mean Online is the most games journalism/neoliberal thing ever

Who's doing this now?

Someone made a COLLAGE!

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Brolo wrote: »
    Outlets co-opting progressive language to defend the honor of a massive corporation from the horrors of consumers being Mean Online is the most games journalism/neoliberal thing ever

Who's doing this now?

Someone made a COLLAGE!

Needs more red string and circled background items, 6/10.

And I say that as someone who thinks the initial crowd reaction of *crickets* *tumbleweed* *distant church bell* was enough, there's no need to be an arsehole to anyone at all.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    "disrespectful edgelords" sounds like a joke high-level creep spawn.

"What're you looking at you...mobile gamer?"

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips.
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I dont want a new expansion per se but I would like it if they found a way to go let players go nuts with the existing stuff

Like cross class skills or removing set restrictions and make it so a wizard wearing a demon hunter set gets the skills the demon hunter set effects

This was what was nice and broken in Diablo 2! Everybody got Sorceress teleport from some item or set. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    The good faith of that collage would be more convincing to me if it didn't very prominently feature the names and faces of people who said that stuff, in a "Know Your Enemy" kind of format.

But, I'm probably also biased because I agree with maybe half of those tweets. I also think it's kind of baffling when people accuse Jason Schreier of sticking up for corporations because he's one of the most thorough and diligent researchers and defenders of consumer and employee rights in the video game industry.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    yeah that looks like some KiA reddit shit

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    What are the best stats to reroll on my personal set gear? I'm worried that I already screwed it up. :( The two necro pieces I just got had +2 radius on gold pickups and I was like hey I don't care about that at all, and rerolled, and it only gave me more gold-related things. Had no idea. One of them gave me the choice of +2 radius, +2 radius, or ignore durability loss. The other gave me the choice of +2 radius, +1 radius, or 33% more gold.

Also what are the best candidates for Kunai's Cube powers? What about that ring I have that makes circles on the ground that buff damage? Then I wouldn't have to wear it or saddle my companion with it, it's not max level or anything. Is the cube version of the power identical to the item, so if the item's on the lower end of its possibilities should I not bother?

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    The cube will give you the max version of a variable value ability - it can be very good for things with highly volatile rolls

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I honestly find it kind of hilarious, in a black humor sort of way. We see this sort of mobilization of messaging elsewhere in video gaming, not to mention other mass media. Assuming the tweets aren't doctored, some are fantastic examples of "the dangers of tweeting with insufficient self-awareness." It doesn't even represent a majority of the arguments in that collage, but for a few particular gems it's not a huge leap to "Everyone frowning sourly at the Diablo Immortal announcement is a Nazi" and "The bald asshole in the red shirt deserves to be in an I.C.U.."

And there's even the whole, "Get a load of the gall on these losers, whining about the 'legacy' of a 'video game' that weren't even alive to see the original development of! Looks like someone's not ready for their big boy pants!" No-True-Scotsman-Gamer argument. In my limited Twitter experience, these sort of charges are directed at the old, rather than the young. :lol:

Of course, I'm still happy about the Warcraft III announcement exclusively, so I'm generally looking at this from a mood of positivity. I'd probably feel very differently if I paid $50 for an "online ticket", or a small fortune to actually go to the event.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    @UncleSporky One tip that may be a little non-obvious (although only relevant if you're playing solo, are getting up there in terms of the game difficulty setting, and are finding you have trouble with survivability):

Every follower has a sort of "misc" slot: Templar relics, Scoundrel tokens, Enchantress focus. Every follower has two legendary items that go in that slot, one of which gives the follower access to all of their skills, and one of which makes the follower immortal. These items start dropping at level 61+ and Torment 1+, but you can also use the cube to upgrade rare versions of these items types into legendary ones (and I'm not aware of any restriction to doing this upgrade on sub-Torment difficulty, but I guess I could be wrong).

There is a ring called Unity that has the power "All damage taken is split between wearers of this item."

If you equip your follower with the "Never die" item and one Unity ring, and then put on another Unity ring yourself, the effect is this: you flat-out take half damage. It does wonders for those scenarios where your damage is good enough to kill things, but you keep getting one-shotted because your toughness isn't high enough yet.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    What are the best stats to reroll on my personal set gear? I'm worried that I already screwed it up. :( The two necro pieces I just got had +2 radius on gold pickups and I was like hey I don't care about that at all, and rerolled, and it only gave me more gold-related things. Had no idea. One of them gave me the choice of +2 radius, +2 radius, or ignore durability loss. The other gave me the choice of +2 radius, +1 radius, or 33% more gold.

There should be a button you can press to see what each stat can potentially reroll into so you don't have to go at it blind.

• Options
    https://kotaku.com/sources-blizzard-pulled-diablo-4-announcement-from-bli-1830232246
    When Blizzard’s sole Diablo announcement at this year’s BlizzCon turned out to be a game for phones, it set off a firestorm of angry reactions from fans who had hoped for a new Diablo on PC. As it turns out, Kotaku has learned, Blizzard had originally planned to tease Diablo 4, but pulled those plans at the last minute.

The original plan for BlizzCon 2018, according to two people familiar with Blizzard’s plans, was for Blizzard to announce the mobile game Diablo Immortal and then end on a video in which company co-founder Allen Adham told the audience that a proper Diablo 4 was in development but not ready to show just yet. Instead, at last Friday’s keynote, Blizzard revealed Diablo Immortal to a quiet, uncomfortable crowd and then ended the show

Ha, Blizz shot themselves in the foot something fierce. (Schreier is highly unlikely to have run this without solid sourcing, he's one of the better actual reporter games folk)

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @UncleSporky One tip that may be a little non-obvious (although only relevant if you're playing solo, are getting up there in terms of the game difficulty setting, and are finding you have trouble with survivability):

Every follower has a sort of "misc" slot: Templar relics, Scoundrel tokens, Enchantress focus. Every follower has two legendary items that go in that slot, one of which gives the follower access to all of their skills, and one of which makes the follower immortal. These items start dropping at level 61+ and Torment 1+, but you can also use the cube to upgrade rare versions of these items types into legendary ones (and I'm not aware of any restriction to doing this upgrade on sub-Torment difficulty, but I guess I could be wrong).

There is a ring called Unity that has the power "All damage taken is split between wearers of this item."

If you equip your follower with the "Never die" item and one Unity ring, and then put on another Unity ring yourself, the effect is this: you flat-out take half damage. It does wonders for those scenarios where your damage is good enough to kill things, but you keep getting one-shotted because your toughness isn't high enough yet.

Oh that is amazing. I have a Unity and assumed it was for multiplayer primarily.

I haven't found much to go in the follow misc slots, it was incredibly rare throughout the campaign! Now it's possible though that they get salvaged with "salvage all" which would be my fault for not checking more often. :P

reVerse wrote: »

There should be a button you can press to see what each stat can potentially reroll into so you don't have to go at it blind.

Do you have any recommendations? For example do most people reroll the primary damage stat to try to drive it higher? Do most people try to add socket slots?

UncleSporky on
  • Options

Oh that is amazing. I have a Unity and assumed it was for multiplayer primarily.

I haven't found much to go in the follow misc slots, it was incredibly rare throughout the campaign! Now it's possible though that they get salvaged with "salvage all" which would be my fault for not checking more often. :P

If you level your blacksmith you'll be able to make a lvl 70 yellow to tide you over until you can upgrade one at least :)

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Whoops? Well, they made a mistake like EA, their partner Activision, past conferences by Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft, and more. They're in good company.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

reVerse wrote: »

Do you have any recommendations? For example do most people reroll the primary damage stat to try to drive it higher? Do most people try to add socket slots?

Depends on the item and the purpose. Most of the time, I'm hunting for sockets. Occasionally, if I'm trying to get items for an alt (classic twinking), I'll root around for Reduced Level Requirement. And then there are some times (when an item is already close to perfect), I'll aim for crit chance and/or crit damage.

Then again, I'm not a power user, so I'm not sure if that's good advice or not.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    For weapons, a socket is basically the #1 thing you can add to improve it. To the extent that there is a fairly rare consumable that adds a socket to a weapon as a bonus to encourage/permit the use of other rerolls.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options

Also what are the best candidates for Kunai's Cube powers? What about that ring I have that makes circles on the ground that buff damage? Then I wouldn't have to wear it or saddle my companion with it, it's not max level or anything. Is the cube version of the power identical to the item, so if the item's on the lower end of its possibilities should I not bother?

There are kind of stat priorities that you learn in time.

Generally you want to lean towards offensive stats whenever possible, and grab defensive stats elsewhere. You won't typically reroll secondary stats unless your gear is already nearly perfect. But doing so won't 'ruin' your gear. It just won't be PERFECT!

For example, all gloves can get: primary stat, vitality, crit chance, crit damage, attack speed, armor, resist all, life per hit, life per second, cooldown reduction, area damage, and resource cost reduction.

There's more than 4 primary offensive stats possible on gloves, which means that your 'perfect gear' is going to be kind of specific to your build. But most of the time people want: primary stat, crit chance, crit damage, (attack speed/cooldown reduction/maybe area damage).

This is generally the logic for gear.

But getting 'perfect' gear is super duper endgame. So just take the best you can, and as a general rule: set bonuses and legendary bonuses are so much more important than stat rolls.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    shoulda paid homage to diablo 2 by announcing it with a release window that they're sure to miss by a couple years

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Whoops? Well, they made a mistake like EA, their partner Activision, past conferences by Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft, and more. They're in good company.

It's like... especially weird because Blizzard is normally really, really bad at making announcements for their announcements about announcements about upcoming games :P. We all make fun of them for it! The one time they decide to play coy and it backfires spectacularly.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile