Options

[Diablo 3] old thread is old

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I don't mind Diablo mobile existing, but they really should have announced it at like a Chinese computer convention, and not blizzcon. They had to know a response like this was coming after that c&c mobile announcement.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    I don't mind Diablo mobile existing, but they really should have announced it at like a Chinese computer convention, and not blizzcon. They had to know a response like this was coming after that c&c mobile announcement.

"That won't happen to us. We're Blizzard. We're different!"

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    All this talk makes me want to play a bit of D3 but my left hand issues make long term play on PC problematic and the D3 console implementation annoys me compared to PoE. By the way, PoE fan base had a nerd rage conniption when PoE was announced on Xbox and it turned out to be awesome. In fact I'd say it is the best console port of an ARPG ever. Mobile Diablo might be awesome as well but I won't play it for reasons related to my hatred of the platform for control intensive games. I've tried many over the years and I've decided that for me, mobile touchscreen controls will never really work for action games.

Yeah, I'm the opposite, I feel like D3's console controls are fantastic, aside from some uhh UI related things. I picked up the Switch version and have sunk enough time in it it feels like launch all over again.

• Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Pig sticker is actually really good for some builds

I was under the impression that at endgame everybody just used the set designed for their class and that was about it? Do the class sets not include weapons?
    Very few do. And the weapon is often not used in the "best" builds since Legendary weapons can have some very powerful effects.

Good to know. It's less, uh, for lack of a better term "welfare legendary" than I was led to believe.

Even though someone said earlier that my weapon's damage and on-hit affects apply to all skills that deal damage, I'm still not totally sure how all that works.

Like, my skeleton minions are a skill, right? And I have a ring that generates a circle on the ground where if I stand in it I do 75% more damage. So if I stand in that do my skeletons suddenly start dealing 75% more damage?

Generally, while leveling up to 70 you can kind of use whatever has the best damage. It works pretty well.

Pig Sticker is a weapon that's used in one VERY SPECIFIC (crusader) build where attack speed is king over all other things. Otherwise it's just kinda a 'okay' weapon to use. Most 'builds' tend to lean very heavily on legendary bonuses or set bonuses, often specific to a class.

For example, there's a scythe that makes bone spear cost 40 essence (instead of 20) but increases its damage by 600%. There's another scythe that increases all your damage by 75% for 15 seconds per different poison-based skill you use. There's a scythe that makes any enemy affected by a curse take 200% increased damage from you. And there's a 2 set shield/scythe combo that makes your skeleton command automatically jump to the next target after your first target is dead and increases all your minion damage by 400%.

Most classes have weapons like this - weapons that are class-unique and offer some specific bonus that's often very good. Witch Doctors get one that makes all his/her pets mimic their poison dart attack, demon hunters get one that reduces the cooldown of their BIG cooldown by 65%, monks get one that makes their 7-sided strike do an additional 7 strikes, etc.

These are generally the 'best' weapons for a class, depending on what kind of skills you prefer, but pig sticker is definitely going to serve just fine unless you try to push into the hard difficulties (like torment 1+).

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

It looks better than the lazy CC phone game

Still it took me some effort to find the official video of it but with the comments I feel Blizzard should take a lesson from GW don't post videos where people can comment

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    All this talk makes me want to play a bit of D3 but my left hand issues make long term play on PC problematic and the D3 console implementation annoys me compared to PoE. By the way, PoE fan base had a nerd rage conniption when PoE was announced on Xbox and it turned out to be awesome. In fact I'd say it is the best console port of an ARPG ever. Mobile Diablo might be awesome as well but I won't play it for reasons related to my hatred of the platform for control intensive games. I've tried many over the years and I've decided that for me, mobile touchscreen controls will never really work for action games.

Yeah, I'm the opposite, I feel like D3's console controls are fantastic, aside from some uhh UI related things. I picked up the Switch version and have sunk enough time in it it feels like launch all over again.

Agree that the controls are excellent on console. My annoyance is more idiosyncratic related to cheating and hacking and the lack of ladders/leaderboards. I haven't played D3 on console for a while so this situation might be better today than when I was playing.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Agree that the controls are excellent on console. My annoyance is more idiosyncratic related to cheating and hacking and the lack of ladders/leaderboards. I haven't played D3 on console for a while so this situation might be better today than when I was playing.

I can only talk about my experience when hopping between PC and console versions...but console D3 controls just feel sloppier. Maybe I just haven't found the command yet, but having the same face button be both the resource generating attack and environmental interact button leads to me using a shrine or health pool (or, on the flip side, when I want to loot instead of continuing to attack). Incidentally, targeting issues is also why I just can't demon hunter on console.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    For anyone new to Diablo 3, whether it be on Switch or any other system--

Here is an important Public Service Announcement:

There is a toggle in the menu called "Elective Mode" that allows you to rebind your keys. This is true across all platforms. Open the pause menu. Open Options. Then open Gameplay. Enable Elective Mode.

This mode does two major things for you:
    A) It allows you to rebind keys as you please
    B) It does not limit each key to a specific category, and it allows a fully customizable mixing and matching of abilities.

You want two different skills on your bar that exist on the same category? No problem! Elective Mode will allow you to do that.
    You don't like having your primary generator skill bound to the same key that is environmental interaction? No problem! Elective Mode will allow you to change that.

You're welcome.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    So since people start finding out they're wrong about what's happening they look harder. 100k or so dislikes apparently vanished from the main Youtube video. Okay yeah, that's strange, But can Blizzard even uhh, control that? My guess is that a bunch of them were found to be botlike and got removed since they weren't really legit. And no, I wouldn't put it past some people from doing something like this.

Another game from Activision, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is "The most disliked video ever posted to Youtebe." and according to Social Blade all 400k+ dislikes are still there. Seems pretty odd that this video gets the special bot dislike removal option. How chummy are Blizzard & Google?

Couple things:

1) the CoD: IW video has a few more than 400k dislikes. It's 3.7m+ (or were you talking about the Diablo: Immortal video having all 400k+ dislikes still there? If so, my apologies...but also, on my video history, the trailer is showing 364k dislikes right now at 7:51pm Pacific timezone),
    and 2) I thought it was that people were looking at the wrong video for keeping track of the Immortal dislikes since Blizzard uploaded alternate videos (some for different regions).

When people were talking about Bliz taking down and reuploading the thing, I went back to my video history and it was still there: all the likes/dislikes were still there and nothing seemed amiss. Although, I have to say, only having 364k dislikes seems kinda low. Given the treatment Infinite Warfare got, I was expecting at least three-quarters to a million by now.

The 400k is me being bad with numbers... and memory. As for number 2; I got the idea it was someone looking through archives and the url stayed the same while the numbers fluctuated. I guess the url would change if it were a reupload. I don't know any of it works; just repeating what I've heard.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

There is still hacking (I think). But there are now ladders/leaderboards for seasons and from what I see it is free of hacking (for the most part at least if I didn't notice it). Mainly due to the lack of ability to trade at all now. Everything is soulbound and even if it isn't for your class.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I'm curious who thought it was a good idea to announce a mobile game to their core, PC dominant audience at a convention that caters to that segment of the fanbase. It makes me wonder what kind of view #s they get from China for Blizzcon, and if they were high enough to warrant making that announcement there.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Grove wrote: »

"That won't happen to us. We're Blizzard. We're different!"

Treize Khushrenada wouldn't have made that mistake.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Nosf wrote: »
    I'm curious who thought it was a good idea to announce a mobile game to their core, PC dominant audience at a convention that caters to that segment of the fanbase. It makes me wonder what kind of view #s they get from China for Blizzcon, and if they were high enough to warrant making that announcement there.

If I had to guess, they thought fans were so hungry for anything new Diablo-wise they wouldn't react so negatively.

It probably would have helped if it didn't look like mostly recycled D3 assets too, and maybe not just 6 out of the 7 D3 classes. Like maybe pick a few D2 classes to toss in there, since this is supposed to be a 'bridge' game. And I don't mean just Barb and Necro. [edit] Hell. NEW CLASSES. New content. Something, throw us a bone here. I'll probably give the mobile game a try, but it doesn't look particularly fresh and new.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    yeah the damage boost from standing in that circle applies to all of your damage I believe, including skeletons. A really good strategy is to give your follower that ring, because the circle will still proc and you get full benefit from it.

Pig Sticker is, if I recall correctly, really good for builds that want attack speed.

There are Class armor sets that include weapons but most do not have weapons. There are a few weapon sets as well - Necromancers have a Scythe / shield combo that buffs skeletons.

Thanks, that's really cool. I wouldn't have guessed it because I don't think of minions as "me," and buffs say things like increases "your" damage. But if it's really that straightforward that's great.

I was just using Pig Sticker because it was the highest damage thing that had dropped at the time, I only just got to 70 and already got another weapon that's better, though obviously not ideal. Still building up.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    It wasn't just the Diablo Mobile thing.

Blizzcon was so utterly weak this year, in general, that by the time we made it to the Diablo section of the opening ceremony, everyone was hungry for something. And what they gave us wasn't nearly enough to satiate that hunger.

WoW basically shows a decent cinematic trailer, but offers nothing at all by way of game content in the opening ceremony. Starcraft gets nothing at all. Classic gets a remaster of a fan favorite, but it wasn't the remaster we were hoping for or expecting, which obviously leads to some disappointment. Overwatch only gets 1 new hero reveal, no new maps, and no new gameplay modes or anything else. Ashe is great, and I am excited as hell for her, but a new hero drop is not really Blizzcon worthy, since they roll out 2-3 new heroes per year. Same with HotS. Orphea is fine. She looks fun. But previous Blizzcons have been very rich in HotS content showings, with multiple hero reveals, enough that it usually covers 3-4 months worth of content. Plus new maps, new skins, new mounts, balance changes and all that. The HotS showing was just so diminished this year that it was totally unsatisfactory as a Blizzcon showing.

And then they finally make it to Diablo after all that disappointment. We know we aren't getting Diablo 4. But they have said "multiple Diablo projects" several times in the last few weeks/months, so surely even if we don't get D4, we will get something cool, right?

Wrong. We get Diablo Mobile. Which is not being made in-house at Blizzard. It was farmed out to a Chinese mobile studio that apparently has a very bad reputation for how predatory they are in the mobile market. The game itself appears to just be a reskin of another game they make.

Then you also have to consider the musical guests this time. Train is an ok band, but they're no Metallica, Foo Fighters, or any of the other major headliners Blizzcon has had over the years. It just felt like a major step back in closing ceremony entertainment.

All of that combined is why the backlash against Immortal was so bad. It wasn't just one thing. It was just the last thing. The final straw, for a completely lackluster Blizzcon.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

There is a toggle in the menu called "Elective Mode" that allows you to rebind your keys. This is true across all platforms. Open the pause menu. Open Options. Then open Gameplay. Enable Elective Mode.

B) It does not limit each key to a specific category, and it allows a fully customizable mixing and matching of abilities.

You want two different skills on your bar that exist on the same category? No problem! Elective Mode will allow you to do that.
    You don't like having your primary generator skill bound to the same key that is environmental interaction? No problem! Elective Mode will allow you to change that.

You're welcome.

Wait, what? Does that mean i can have a Golem AND skeleton army out at the same time?

• Options
    So since people start finding out they're wrong about what's happening they look harder. 100k or so dislikes apparently vanished from the main Youtube video. Okay yeah, that's strange, But can Blizzard even uhh, control that? My guess is that a bunch of them were found to be botlike and got removed since they weren't really legit. And no, I wouldn't put it past some people from doing something like this.

Another game from Activision, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is "The most disliked video ever posted to Youtebe." and according to Social Blade all 400k+ dislikes are still there. Seems pretty odd that this video gets the special bot dislike removal option. How chummy are Blizzard & Google?

Couple things:

1) the CoD: IW video has a few more than 400k dislikes. It's 3.7m+ (or were you talking about the Diablo: Immortal video having all 400k+ dislikes still there? If so, my apologies...but also, on my video history, the trailer is showing 364k dislikes right now at 7:51pm Pacific timezone),
    and 2) I thought it was that people were looking at the wrong video for keeping track of the Immortal dislikes since Blizzard uploaded alternate videos (some for different regions).

When people were talking about Bliz taking down and reuploading the thing, I went back to my video history and it was still there: all the likes/dislikes were still there and nothing seemed amiss. Although, I have to say, only having 364k dislikes seems kinda low. Given the treatment Infinite Warfare got, I was expecting at least three-quarters to a million by now.

The 400k is me being bad with numbers... and memory. As for number 2; I got the idea it was someone looking through archives and the url stayed the same while the numbers fluctuated. I guess the url would change if it were a reupload. I don't know any of it works; just repeating what I've heard.

"Just repeating what I've heard" is exactly the problem. Anyway, the CoD: IW video was posted over 2 years ago. You don't think they've tweaked their bot detection since then? I think hinting at "how chummy are Blizzard & Google" is playing your hand a bit. Simply put, obviously not chummy enough to remove all the dislikes which if you're going to be so obvious about it, why not? Why just remove a portion when the remainder is still overwhelming the likes? It doesn't actually make any sense. This looks like pretty standard automated bot protection, note that nobody saw their vote get removed, it was just the number that dropped.

• Options
    Morran wrote: »

You're welcome.

Wait, what? Does that mean i can have a Golem AND skeleton army out at the same time?

Yes!

• Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular
    I'm a bit in to act 2 with a necro. Last played the game on release for PC.

Did they reduce the difficulty a lot? I had to turn up the difficulty to expert before running any risk of dying, and stuff just... melts. Not sure if I have been super lucky with drops, or if i run some kind of OP build (mainly the spike thing with frost for resource generation, and the big skeleton Mage for damage. Very seldom have the need for other skills for damage and survival).

• Options
    Necro is very strong in the early game. Skeletal Mages are super OP.

If you were playing as one of the original 5 starter classes, you'd probably feel more challenge.

• Options

Blizzcon was so utterly weak this year, in general, that by the time we made it to the Diablo section of the opening ceremony, everyone was hungry for something. And what they gave us wasn't nearly enough to satiate that hunger.

WoW basically shows a decent cinematic trailer, but offers nothing at all by way of game content in the opening ceremony. Starcraft gets nothing at all. Classic gets a remaster of a fan favorite, but it wasn't the remaster we were hoping for or expecting, which obviously leads to some disappointment. Overwatch only gets 1 new hero reveal, no new maps, and no new gameplay modes or anything else. Ashe is great, and I am excited as hell for her, but a new hero drop is not really Blizzcon worthy, since they roll out 2-3 new heroes per year. Same with HotS. Orphea is fine. She looks fun. But previous Blizzcons have been very rich in HotS content showings, with multiple hero reveals, enough that it usually covers 3-4 months worth of content. Plus new maps, new skins, new mounts, balance changes and all that. The HotS showing was just so diminished this year that it was totally unsatisfactory as a Blizzcon showing.

And then they finally make it to Diablo after all that disappointment. We know we aren't getting Diablo 4. But they have said "multiple Diablo projects" several times in the last few weeks/months, so surely even if we don't get D4, we will get something cool, right?

Wrong. We get Diablo Mobile. Which is not being made in-house at Blizzard. It was farmed out to a Chinese mobile studio that apparently has a very bad reputation for how predatory they are in the mobile market. The game itself appears to just be a reskin of another game they make.

Then you also have to consider the musical guests this time. Train is an ok band, but they're no Metallica, Foo Fighters, or any of the other major headliners Blizzcon has had over the years. It just felt like a major step back in closing ceremony entertainment.

All of that combined is why the backlash against Immortal was so bad. It wasn't just one thing. It was just the last thing. The final straw, for a completely lackluster Blizzcon.

I think the general reaction is still way over the top but I really think this is a big part of it. It's not surprising to me that the "big" reveal of the show was a mobile game because, to be honest, the whole show was sort of a dud. I think a better Diablo announcement would have helped tremendously but if they didn't have anything concrete to show then what can you do?

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Yikes! Man, that is crazy if that is how bad this year's Blizzcon was (just the announcements, not the musical part since I have no say in musical taste). So overall just a lowered excitement of announcements.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular

You're welcome.

Yes!

My Witch Doctor skills are always just ALL (or nearly all) summons. I have an entire horde following me at all times, and when an elite shows up, I pop my horde buffs and summon even more help. Yay summons

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    The difficulty is really incremented now. Normal is definitely very easy, but you'd be hard pressed to do any Torment difficulty unless you have some really good gear.

• Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    Summons in general make the game much easier. They're passive damage and extra bodies to absorb damage.

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular

I think the general reaction is still way over the top but I really think this is a big part of it. It's not surprising to me that the "big" reveal of the show was a mobile game because, to be honest, the whole show was sort of a dud. I think a better Diablo announcement would have helped tremendously but if they didn't have anything concrete to show then what can you do?
    The reaction against the reaction has been worse, imo. Some of the journalists comparing it to real world problems / Trump was a bit .... much. I was reading it on Resetera and it's just...c'mon, all, get a grip.

That being said, in response to your "then what can you do?". Blizzard in the past would not hold a Blizzcon if there wasn't anything to really show. They would even state that as a reason.

That ALSO didn't help, because, if you've done that in the past, but this year you're going forward with Blizzcon? That implies it'll have something worthy of it.

It did not.

With e-Sports and the new regime, though, maybe that's also a thing that's changed.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »

The reaction against the reaction has been worse, imo. Some of the journalists comparing it to real world problems / Trump was a bit .... much. I was reading it on Resetera and it's just...c'mon, all, get a grip.

That being said, in response to your "then what can you do?". Blizzard in the past would not hold a Blizzcon if there wasn't anything to really show. They would even state that as a reason.

That ALSO didn't help, because, if you've done that in the past, but this year you're going forward with Blizzcon? That implies it'll have something worthy of it.

It did not.

With e-Sports and the new regime, though, maybe that's also a thing that's changed.

I mean, the last year they skipped was 2012. I don't think that's really an option anymore, especially with eSports as you mentioned. Everyone I've talked to that went said they had a lot of fun still, so I think it's worth still doing, but I think everyone is feeling kind of lukewarm about the announcements this year.

And yeah, I think there's some valid complaints to be made regarding gamer entitlement, it's a real problem and is pretty clear is in effect here (I don't mean here, specifically, most people here tend to be pretty reasonable on the whole). I think that at the moment the Diablo subreddit is just a toxic circlejerk and I'm hoping that'll clear up as people lose interest in being mad about a game that they can...just not play. With that being said, I absolutely agree that there's been some takes reacting to that that have been pretty awful too. I think there's a lot to be said about the reaction but I think some of the lines being drawn are quite the stretch.

I mean, maybe it's not all for nothing, maybe Blizzard will be like "well shit, maybe we should at least tease Diablo 4?" But I always feel like when Blizzard shows something they try to actually, well, show something. So a TES6-like title scroll is not really their style. But maybe that would have been at least worth it? Despite the fact that I think the fans have reacted poorly, I 100% also believe that Blizzard could have done more/handled the situation better. I think they anticipated it but I think their "oh well" stance isn't a good look.

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular

Couple things:

"Just repeating what I've heard" is exactly the problem. Anyway, the CoD: IW video was posted over 2 years ago. You don't think they've tweaked their bot detection since then? I think hinting at "how chummy are Blizzard & Google" is playing your hand a bit. Simply put, obviously not chummy enough to remove all the dislikes which if you're going to be so obvious about it, why not? Why just remove a portion when the remainder is still overwhelming the likes? It doesn't actually make any sense. This looks like pretty standard automated bot protection, note that nobody saw their vote get removed, it was just the number that dropped.

I didn't know I was playing a game with "hands" but okay. I'm just here enjoying the shitshow. Blizzard does something stupid and handles the backlash very poorly. "DO YOU NOT HAVE PHONES!?". And then there are various other little things that make me chuckle. Like people defending Blizzard and saying the backlash is because of "Toxic Masculinity!" it's fucking hilarious. Games journalist, calling people "entitled"; people who probably spent thousands to go to a Blizzcon cause they've been fans of Blizzard and Diablo for years is a joke. I'm laughing, not trying to make any conspiracies theroies come true.

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    I'm a bit in to act 2 with a necro. Last played the game on release for PC.

Did they reduce the difficulty a lot? I had to turn up the difficulty to expert before running any risk of dying, and stuff just... melts. Not sure if I have been super lucky with drops, or if i run some kind of OP build (mainly the spike thing with frost for resource generation, and the big skeleton Mage for damage. Very seldom have the need for other skills for damage and survival).

Compared to PC release of standard game (not RoS) D3 is way way way way easier. After RoS it has pretty much stayed the same as far as I can tell. You'd be hard pressed to die on normal and have a very challenging time on expert starting a new game.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    I'd still love to attend a Blizzcon in person. To see and/or be a part of the revelry and spectacle of it all. To see the real-life Darkmoon Fair. To see their beautifully created Hearthstone gaming lounge. My god the Hearthstone lounge is amazing, and I don't even like Hearthstone. To be able to sit in a crowd and cheer for a team in eSports. To be in the crowd and feel that human energy.

But I also am glad I did not attend this year's Blizzcon, because it was letdown city on all fronts.

Maybe in the next 3-5 years I'll be able to go. And I sure hope when I do go that cool stuff gets announced. But even if it doesn't, I'm sure seeing all that stuff in real life that I mentioned in my first paragraph would make it all worth it.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Which Demon Hunter set dungeon is relatively reasonable to master? I tried the Unhallowed Essence one, and it's just so fiddly. Trying to herd these slow-ass mobs who don't always want to follow you into groups of at-least-20-but-not-much-more-because-then-you-won't-have-enough-groups wasn't very fun and interesting.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Blizzard also has receive
    I'd still love to attend a Blizzcon in person. To see and/or be a part of the revelry and spectacle of it all. To see the real-life Darkmoon Fair. To see their beautifully created Hearthstone gaming lounge. My god the Hearthstone lounge is amazing, and I don't even like Hearthstone. To be able to sit in a crowd and cheer for a team in eSports. To be in the crowd and feel that human energy.

But I also am glad I did not attend this year's Blizzcon, because it was letdown city on all fronts.

Maybe in the next 3-5 years I'll be able to go. And I sure hope when I do go that cool stuff gets announced. But even if it doesn't, I'm sure seeing all that stuff in real life that I mentioned in my first paragraph would make it all worth it.

I'd have loved to go even this year tbh. There would still be so much to see besides just the announcements.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Which Demon Hunter set dungeon is relatively reasonable to master? I tried the Unhallowed Essence one, and it's just so fiddly. Trying to herd these slow-ass mobs who don't always want to follow you into groups of at-least-20-but-not-much-more-because-then-you-won't-have-enough-groups wasn't very fun and interesting.
    @Delduwath

I'll quote Betsuni from when I asked this very question, as it was spot on. Marauders was SOOOOO much easier. I hate the UE dungeon.
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I found the best way to do the UE dungeon is farm Marauders and run the Multishot Marauders dungeon.

Seriously.

I mastered the UE dungeon long ago and hate that you need to get lucky with it. There are some monsters that do not aggro on you so you're just hoping that they are sitting where you can hit them and get the 20. There is enough time to kill everything so concentrate more on getting the packs. But I hated it so much that I refuse to do it ever again. It is always Marauders for me since that is the easiest.

Bullhead on
    96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Outlets co-opting progressive language to defend the honor of a massive corporation from the horrors of consumers being Mean Online is the most games journalism/neoliberal thing ever

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Edit: someone beat the reply. ^.^

E.Coyote on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Outlets co-opting progressive language to defend the honor of a massive corporation from the horrors of consumers being Mean Online is the most games journalism/neoliberal thing ever

We've hit peak neoliberalism.
    That's a lie. There is no peak neoliberalism, and even if there was, none of us could afford to bask in its life-affirming radiance.

• Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

We've hit peak neoliberalism.
    That's a lie. There is no peak neoliberalism, and even if there was, none of us could afford to bask in its life-affirming radiance.

You mean flesh interfaces?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Who's doing this now?

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Just started adventure mode a bit ago. I wasn't paying super close attention but I think the game told me I would need keystones to open rifts, and then I went over and opened one right up no problem, and then I read online that they removed keystones as a requirement and you can just do rifts anytime. Again it's kind of confusing and weird...

What should I focus on doing primarily? The stuff I get from completing bounties is pretty awesome, and apparently it's double right now too. But I also should work on that season journey thing? Or do rifts/greater rifts?

I'm in torment 1 difficulty right now and it isn't too hard, it's about right for me at the moment, I still haven't died once ever since playing the game for the first time.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Who's doing this now?

Random people in other forums/threads/articles that people tangentially mention here.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile