Options

Thank[Steam] Thread: Autumn Sale until November 28th!

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    I've been thinking about Doom a lot today.

I think I might try going back to past missions to get missed runes and argent cells.

I haven't used this feature before though. Do you start the mission from the very beginning of the level or can you select certain checkpoints?

I suppose I'll find out next time I play.

You start from the beginning of the level, but you have all your upgrades.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Heatwave wrote: »
    I've been thinking about Doom a lot today.

I think I might try going back to past missions to get missed runes and argent cells.

I haven't used this feature before though. Do you start the mission from the very beginning of the level or can you select certain checkpoints?

I suppose I'll find out next time I play.

You start from the beginning of the level, but you have all your upgrades.
    Thanks. I'll see if I can play a bit later tonight. Might need to check first which argent cells I missed.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular

On the one hand: Yay, this is a game I am interested in since it released on PS4.

On the other: lol Koei-Tecmo PC ports.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Samurai Geralt coming to PC? Nice, though I have the PS4 copy (still haven't played) so I'll stick with that.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Hurray for exclusives turning out to not be all that exclusive!

(this is not sarcasm--I was surprised this didn't launch on PC in the first place, and really thought we'd see it in the July time frame)
    Zxerol wrote: »
    On the one hand: Yay, this is a game I am interested in since it released on PS4.

Here's some good news: it's Team Ninja, and Dead or Alive 5 is actually very well optimized on PC (including low-end hardware).

Or it could end up becoming another Nier Automata and we're left waiting for performance fixes in May of 2018.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

(this is not sarcasm--I was surprised this didn't launch on PC in the first place, and really thought we'd see it in the July time frame)

Here's some good news: it's Team Ninja, and Dead or Alive 5 is actually very well optimized on PC (including low-end hardware).

Or it could end up becoming another Nier Automata and we're left waiting for performance fixes in May of 2018.

DOA5 was also missing a bunch of stuff from the console release as well as running on the last-gen version of the engine, so eh.

• Options
    edited October 2017

DOA5 was also missing a bunch of stuff from the console release as well as running on the last-gen version of the engine, so eh.

From a graphical standpoint (all the content is there) yeah, hence my limited enthusiasm, but the game does run remarkably well on older hardware. 1080p at 60 FPS at maximum graphical fidelity is completely possible on a GTX 970. That's a good place to start as an end-goal, but there's still plenty of room for them to pull a Nier Automata.

(Also it's not as good as DOA4 on Xbox 360 was eight years ago anyway.)

Synthesis on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited October 2017

Well... glad I didn't buy this on PS4 yet, I was gonna so I'd have something Dark Soulsy but new for Extra-Life. Now I'm gonna wait on it. Cool that they're bringing it over!

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular

From a graphical standpoint (all the content is there) yeah, hence my limited enthusiasm, but the game does run remarkably well on older hardware. 1080p at 60 FPS at maximum graphical fidelity is completely possible on a GTX 970. That's a good place to start as an end-goal, but there's still plenty of room for them to pull a Nier Automata.

The announced minimum specs include a 3gb video card and 100gb hard drive space, so maybe don't get your hopes up.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular

Its about damn time.

I'm in.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Honestly, while I hope the port is at least decent, it's probably not going to stop me from getting that shit because the game is pretty hot from the moments I've managed to play it and I'm a fuckin rube. At there very least, I can see a bunch of user fixes in the pipe to bandaid that shit if it the port goes south.

• Options

The announced minimum specs include a 3gb video card and 100gb hard drive space, so maybe don't get your hopes up.

Ow. Point taken. I have a GTX 1080, and Nier Automata still has problems with it.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

DOA5 is just a microtransaction vessel for costume DLC.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

But the total cost for all of the game's DLC is an extremely affordable $633! That's like, what, two PUBGs miniskirts? SAVINGS!

• Options
    BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

But the total cost for all of the game's DLC is an extremely affordable $633! That's like, what, two PUBGs miniskirts? SAVINGS!

Man that's a steal! What's that train game with like 10k worth of dlc?

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I love that there's a whole page of discussion about a game and no one anywhere says what game it is... so those of us at work (where Twitter links are blocked) are just like "WTF?"

:lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    I love that there's a whole page of discussion about a game and no one anywhere says what game it is... so those of us at work (where Twitter links are blocked) are just like "WTF?"

:lol:

Nioh.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

Hawken was awesome, released at the perfect time to get killed by the first planetfall, had a troubled life (including the change of developers after the first one disappeared), and the playerbase dwindled to the point where it was hard to find matches due to differences in matchmaking ranks.

I used to play fairly regularly, and I had a ton of fun on that FNG we did with it. Pretty sad, it really was a solid game.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    BladeX wrote: »
    Zavian wrote: »

Man that's a steal! What's that train game with like 10k worth of dlc?

latest?cb=20130624231808

• Options
    Sir Carcass havin flashbacks when it comes to trains and Steam.

• Options
    BladeXBladeX Registered User regular

Oh shit I triggered some sort of post traumatic train related stress?

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

You certainly derailed any positive feelings.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular

Would you say it was engineered to bring up bad memories?

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Stolls wrote: »

Would you say it was engineered to bring up bad memories?

It's definitely on the right track for that.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Wolfenstien The New Blood is cool, but frustrating.
    How many time are they gonna let me get all geared out only to take everything away 5 minutes later?
    And, look, I don't need all the plot, just let me kill Hydra 60's Mecha Nazis and we'll be good.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    In other news HOLY CRAP!!!! Battlefront II (the old one) has Steam Multi??!?!
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/6060/announcements/detail/1487735649730776315

edit: and apparently there is crossplay with GOG version too.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    So I thought, right, I should hop on Steam and install Hawken, to give it a play while I still can.

What's the first thing Steam shows me on the "Featured and Recommended" section on the storefront?

Mechwarrior Online.

GG, Steam.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Hopefully Koei Tecmo has wised up technically a bit. Nioh is like their one game that has an obvious market on PC beyond their relatively small niche audience, but the technical issues plagueing like 90 percent of their games don't exactly instill confidence. Most of their non-F2P title struggle to break out beyond 100k sales, and so I've always kind of expected them to stop supporting the platform rather than became more consistent (even if it's consistently borked ports).

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    In other news HOLY CRAP!!!! Battlefront II (the old one) has Steam Multi??!?!
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/6060/announcements/detail/1487735649730776315

edit: and apparently there is crossplay with GOG version too.

So.....possible FNG candidate?

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    How many time are they gonna let me get all geared out only to take everything away 5 minutes later?
    And, look, I don't need all the plot, just let me kill Hydra 60's Mecha Nazis and we'll be good.

New Blood:
    Vagueish spoiler:
    BJ has to be letting himself get captured all the time, he's just bored otherwise.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    What's that high school girl dress up game where they're a four person kill team like Warframe and they kill demons and monsters and shit, no skill tree, just guns and swords with attributes?

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    What's that high school girl dress up game where they're a four person kill team like Warframe and they kill demons and monsters and shit, no skill tree, just guns and swords with attributes?

Your protagonists are of the right age in God Eater, but not much in the way of schools after the monster invasion.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular

Onechanbara? http://store.steampowered.com/app/446390/Onechanbara_Z2_Chaos/

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Hopefully Koei Tecmo has wised up technically a bit. Nioh is like their one game that has an obvious market on PC beyond their relatively small niche audience, but the technical issues plagueing like 90 percent of their games don't exactly instill confidence. Most of their non-F2P title struggle to break out beyond 100k sales, and so I've always kind of expected them to stop supporting the platform rather than became more consistent (even if it's consistently borked ports).
    They released a game on PC in febuary of this year that you needed to alt-F4 to actually close the game because they forgot to put an option in the menu to close the game.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    To anyone playing ME1:

As has already been mentioned by other people the Origin version of ME1 has all the dlc included. You can activate the steam version of ME1 on origin just by plugging in the cd key. You can find the cd key by installing the game and then hitting 'view cd key'.

A heads-up that this is how it's supposed to work. However, some of the keys are screwed up and have the wrong number of characters, which means it won't work, and you can spend hours chatting with Origin's help team on multiple occasions which still won't result in the game being added to your Origin account until you just give up on having all of your Mass Effect games in the same place.

Sidenote: You can do the same with Dragon Age: Origins (which worked perfectly fine for me)!

• Options

But the plot is the best part of that game!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

Hawken was awesome, released at the perfect time to get killed by the first planetfall, had a troubled life (including the change of developers after the first one disappeared), and the playerbase dwindled to the point where it was hard to find matches due to differences in matchmaking ranks.

I used to play fairly regularly, and I had a ton of fun on that FNG we did with it. Pretty sad, it really was a solid game.

Hey, that was one of the FNG that I was able to be a part of. It was a lot of fun. Sad to see it go, but beyond that night I really didn't play it much.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Wooo. I did it. Cuphead got with card money. Yay!

Now time to go play it.

camo_sig2.png