As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] Monster Hunter World out now! Hatching the friendship-egg.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    My biggest gripe with the 3ds is that the thumbpad just slips if youve been playing for a while and your hands get sweaty, and lets be honest we all the play games for hours at a time, so that matters. A playstation controller just seems to get more airflow to your hands and the joysticks at least have a little grip on them.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    If only there was something on the market that gave both people who prefer a home console and people who like portability something to enjoy in one unit. That would have been perfect for Monster Hunter.
    I mean, I have a PS4 anyway and the beta was loads of fun. So whatever.

I'd still buy a Switch version too if they ever made one.

So a PS4 a vita and remote play, got it.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    My biggest gripe with the 3ds is that the thumbpad just slips if youve been playing for a while and your hands get sweaty, and lets be honest we all the play games for hours at a time, so that matters. A playstation controller just seems to get more airflow to your hands and the joysticks at least have a little grip on them.
    I've had to repair my 3DS thumbpad two times. And I've had to repair 3DS shoulder buttons, too. And I've purchased three of them over the years, only for Monster Hunter.

I may have a problem.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    I replaced the thumbpad with the PSP's stick and it is an absolute improvement. Incredibly easy to do too.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    I replaced the thumbpad with the PSP's stick and it is an absolute improvement. Incredibly easy to do too.

I did the same. My only regret is that I didn't know I could do it sooner.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    If only there was something on the market that gave both people who prefer a home console and people who like portability something to enjoy in one unit. That would have been perfect for Monster Hunter.
    I mean, I have a PS4 anyway and the beta was loads of fun. So whatever.

I'd still buy a Switch version too if they ever made one.

So a PS4 a vita and remote play, got it.

I can't remote play in the tunnel like my Switch. Generally my portable gaming is done on my commute, half of which has no reception.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    DarkMecha wrote: »

Someone do a Hunting Horn with a guitar controller.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Going through withdrawal

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Man I don't know the list of monsters in the initial game or that are planned for later DLC but

I hope Zinogre is in one of those lists

I'm listening to Zinny's theme rn and it's one of the best pieces of game music ever made imo

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Man I don't know the list of monsters in the initial game or that are planned for later DLC but

I'm listening to Zinny's theme rn and it's one of the best pieces of game music ever made imo

I want an all bug dlc where you just get to kill them eventually leading to eradicating them and then wearing the husks of their twisted broken bug bodies...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

I want an all bug dlc where you just get to kill them eventually leading to eradicating them and then wearing the husks of their twisted broken bug bodies...
    I once did a "no-carve" Pokke Farm challenge in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, where I took a character all the way to G-rank 9 without carving anything and only using mats that I could acquire from the Pokke Farm side area. The vast majority of his armor and weapons were made from harvested bugs from the Pokke Farm.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

I once did a "no-carve" Pokke Farm challenge in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, where I took a character all the way to G-rank 9 without carving anything and only using mats that I could acquire from the Pokke Farm side area. The vast majority of his armor and weapons were made from harvested bugs from the Pokke Farm.

................I'm in love with this idea

I'm also really eager to see what the skills are on the bug armors in Worlds, since they redid the skill system

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Entaru wrote: »
    Going through withdrawal
    I'm sorry to hear that.

Heres a palico trailer to cheer ya up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewv15oifxkc

:)

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    I am going to play the hell out of this. Whether online is a thing that works or not is yet to be seen, as the internet was just nuked from orbit... Hopefully this isn't an always online required thing. It hasn't been in the past, but it's capcom so who knows.

• Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular

I'm sorry Preacher, you know I <3 ya, but I've got to report you to the authorities on this one. Paging @BugBoy

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    Ah same here, I'm really eager to play with my friends again, we only played for less than 2 hours yet we had an amazing time doing so.

I just read that now all missions are available in multiplayer, so you won't be forced to solo them. A bit of a bummer really. I have been on blackout mode for this game, I know very little about the available monsters, I want to be surprised when I see them for the first time just like I did in MH4U.

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I am going to play the hell out of this. Whether online is a thing that works or not is yet to be seen, as the internet was just nuked from orbit... Hopefully this isn't an always online required thing. It hasn't been in the past, but it's capcom so who knows.

Same. If I have to I'll play it solo. The suck thing about it being on PS4 at that point would be no-local wireless play like on 3ds so no local MH get togethers. Hopefully that won't be an actual issue though.

I am however waiting for abit to see how this goes before I preorder it because my ISP might suddenly put in data caps that prevent me from DLing a huge game, so I'm probably going to buy MHW on disc just in case.

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

I haven't seen a list either, but there's no way that Zinogre isn't going to be in it, or in any other Monster Hunter game in the near future.

Bizarrely, Rajang is probably going to be in there as well. You'd think that with all of the emphasis they've been putting on Rajang's superior replacement, they'd actually cut Rajang at some point.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Someone mention that Zinorge armor was spotted on some Japanese stream/footage while I was on the giant bomb chat watching monster hunter world so take that as you will.

I'm so happy to hear that lots of new players are getting worked up about this installment and will be the gateway to pull them into the world of monster Hunter.

I also would like it for new players to experience the joy of hunting and then que music as mighty Devil-Jo turns up and says "Hi!"

As a broad and bias statement but I have full faith that this is going to be on GOTY 2018 lists. Certainly will be on mine.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    I noticed that the damage from the Lance's mid and high thrust were the same.

I will have to test and make sure but it looks like they equalized it. It'll be hard to get over always prioritizing high thrusts if it's true.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    I always make Zinogre armor and never use it because the skills aren't what I like

Here's hoping that the skill revamp helps me out

Or just use it anyway, I think I'm good enough at the game now to use mediocre armor sets effectively

• Options
    There is a cosmetic armor system in world. You should be able to make any armor look like Zin's.

• Options
    There is a cosmetic armor system in world. You should be able to make any armor look like Zin's.

WHAT

• Options
  • Options
    Droppin' knowledge bombs.

• Options
    And even a hide helmet option! Finally customizing your character will make sense.

Really hope Zinogre is in the game, but in MH4U for example, there were multiple armor sets from monsters not in the game, which you got the materials from the Wycoon by trading other monster parts.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Is this explicitly confirmed? I tried to find clear verification of the idea a couple weeks ago but didn't manage to turn up anything.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Well they added that in XX didn't they? Transmogging in today's world is kind of something that is hard to put back in the box once it's let out.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Is this explicitly confirmed? I tried to find clear verification of the idea a couple weeks ago but didn't manage to turn up anything.

It is stated in the deluxe edition in the marketing for the samurai armor.

They mention a layered armor system for having your armor look different than function.

https://i.imgur.com/Yn8Fhvq.png

Seidkona on
  • Options
    AshdrakeAshdrake Registered User regular
    nn50wgpj3kfw.jpeg

I hunt monsters because I need weapons. I need weapons because I hunt monsters.
  • Options
    Yay!

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Yessss!

Edit: This beta does not require you to have PS+. Nice.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Yay, more MHW!

Also, my friend, who was super adamant about waiting for PC, is now buying my old PS4 which I lent him last weekend for MHW just for this game. System seller indeed.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    Is this a dream? A second beta? Is this heaven? Yes Please!

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    Nice! So it's going to be the same beta file? Should I redownload it? This is awesome! I'm gonna have that weekend off :biggrin:

• Options
    I wonder if it will be an updated build or not.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    oh nice. i missed the first over a busy weekend

• Options
    AshdrakeAshdrake Registered User regular
    You do not have to reload it. I hope they adjust the pukei pukei spawn rate.

I hunt monsters because I need weapons. I need weapons because I hunt monsters.
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    8-4 play mentioned on their podcast the beta was an older build. Could be a new build? The same or maybe a special festive hunt?

Important to note that on release 8-4 play will be getting Gajin Hunter on their 200th podcast.

It pleases me greatly that the Monster Hunter team are playing all the right moves at the moment.