Options

[Bad News Gone Right]: 2019 - We Are All Filthy Animals, Apparently

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Oh god. An Post! *flees*

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that even in the Show Me State, the residents would prefer you not show them everything while driving, as this ATV driver did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2KTMXsQz1E

Police believe that drugs were involved.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that even in the Show Me State, the residents would prefer you not show them everything while driving, as this ATV driver did:

Police believe that drugs were involved.

Holy shit, all the fun crap happens near work on my days off (the chase ended like 4 blocks from my job). Will definitely need to check in with my Co-workers tomorrow, see if the guy is known to any of us.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Also, add moose to the list of animals listening to NWA:

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    The lolling tongue just cracks me up every time.

Apparently that's a moose sign of aggression?

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

Lick da police!

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Kentucky Man Catches 50+ Pound Fish. In His Yard.
    The rising floodwaters over the weekend may mean headaches for homeowners who live along the Salt River in Bullitt County -- but to Robert Watkins, they mean something else.

Great fishing weather.

Watkins, the Constable for Bullitt County's First District, is making waves on social media after his daughter posted pictures of the massive catfish he recently caught. In his front yard.

Watkins lives in a home next to the Salt River Bridge, and the water level has risen so high that his yard is completely flooded.

"Anytime the river gets up to where it's at, we'll go out -- me and a buddy of mine will go out in it -- and we'll set limb lines," Watkins explained. "We'll hang lines out of the tree. Then we'll give it four or five hours, and go back and run 'em and see what we got. Normally, the Salt River is good for them big cat[fish]…we'll do it every time the river gets up."

Watkins says the fish seen in the Facebook picture weighed in at around 55 or 60 pounds.

"That scale we had wasn't no good," he said. "We had a 50-pound digital scale from Walmart, but it just -- it maxed out. It wouldn't go no higher."

. . .

Watkins says the only time he can catch big catfish is during flooding periods like these.

"Them big fish won't stay up in here," he said. "They go down to Fort Knox where it's deep and muddy. So when it floods, they come up here. That's why we take advantage of the floodwaters and get some of them."

Thankfully, Watkins says the waters haven't gotten inside his home yet, so they haven't had to move any furniture or suffer any damage. And as long as that's the case, he says bring on the rain.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

That makes me think its in must in which case stay the hell away horney moose are not good neighbors.

• Options
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    The rising floodwaters over the weekend may mean headaches for homeowners who live along the Salt River in Bullitt County -- but to Robert Watkins, they mean something else.

Great fishing weather.

Watkins, the Constable for Bullitt County's First District, is making waves on social media after his daughter posted pictures of the massive catfish he recently caught. In his front yard.

Watkins lives in a home next to the Salt River Bridge, and the water level has risen so high that his yard is completely flooded.

"Anytime the river gets up to where it's at, we'll go out -- me and a buddy of mine will go out in it -- and we'll set limb lines," Watkins explained. "We'll hang lines out of the tree. Then we'll give it four or five hours, and go back and run 'em and see what we got. Normally, the Salt River is good for them big cat[fish]…we'll do it every time the river gets up."

Watkins says the fish seen in the Facebook picture weighed in at around 55 or 60 pounds.

"That scale we had wasn't no good," he said. "We had a 50-pound digital scale from Walmart, but it just -- it maxed out. It wouldn't go no higher."

. . .

Watkins says the only time he can catch big catfish is during flooding periods like these.

"Them big fish won't stay up in here," he said. "They go down to Fort Knox where it's deep and muddy. So when it floods, they come up here. That's why we take advantage of the floodwaters and get some of them."

Thankfully, Watkins says the waters haven't gotten inside his home yet, so they haven't had to move any furniture or suffer any damage. And as long as that's the case, he says bring on the rain.

You missed the best part!
    He has it tied to his front porch so it doesn't escape!

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

Great fishing weather.

. . .

Catfish people are deeply strange to me.

Catfish are also nigh on unkillable. So, yeah, you can keep them on a stringer for a long ass time before they die.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »

Great fishing weather.

. . .

Catfish are also nigh on unkillable. So, yeah, you can keep them on a stringer for a long ass time before they die.

Does he have a sign posted "Beware of Guard Fish"?

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »

Great fishing weather.

. . .

Does he have a sign posted "Beware of Guard Fish"?

When his porch collapses, how many catfish are killed?

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Today in "Everything is getting cyberpunk as hell": People are laundering money on Amazon by impersonating authors and selling expensive, fake books full of computer-generated text to scammed credit cards.
    Patrick Reames had no idea why Amazon.com sent him a 1099 form saying he’d made almost $24,000 selling books via Createspace, the company’s on-demand publishing arm. That is, until he searched the site for his name and discovered someone has been using it to peddle a $555 book that’s full of nothing but gibberish.
    “Based on what I could see from the ‘sneak peak’ function, the book was nothing more than a computer generated ‘story’ with no structure, chapters or paragraphs — only lines of text with a carriage return after each sentence,” Reames said in an interview with KrebsOnSecurity.

The impersonator priced the book at $555 and it was posted to multiple Amazon sites in different countries. The book — which as been removed from most Amazon country pages as of a few days ago — is titled “Lower Days Ahead,” and was published on Oct 7, 2017.

Reames said he suspects someone has been buying the book using stolen credit and/or debit cards, and pocketing the 60 percent that Amazon gives to authors. At $555 a pop, it would only take approximately 70 sales over three months to rack up the earnings that Amazon said he made.

Living in the future is weird.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018

Because he wants to give it to a friend to keep in his pond. But if the friend doesn't want it, he'll let the catfish go.

Which is good, because the bigger the catfish, the more eggs they lay. The biggest ones are the most reproductively important fish for populating the rivers.

Incidentally, that's why noodling (catching catfish bare-handed) is illegal in a lot of places. Noodling targets and catches the biggest catfish, so it can really crash the populations fast before people notice.

Mayabird on
  • Options
    Mayabird wrote: »

Because he wants to give it to a friend to keep in his pond. But if the friend doesn't want it, he'll let the catfish go.

Which is good, because the bigger the catfish, the more eggs they lay. The biggest ones are the most reproductively important fish for populating the rivers.

Incidentally, that's why noodling (catching catfish bare-handed) is illegal in a lot of places. Noodling targets and catches the biggest catfish, so it can really crash the populations fast before people notice.

I was just trying to make a funny, and I did not know that about noodling. TIL!

• Options
    Canada bombs Florida...with raft:
    Not since we burned the White House down has the Canadian military launched an assault at the great beast to the south of us (come at me, history nerds). But that all changed on Wednesday when we bombed Miami with a raft, puncturing through the roof of a home and injuring one American woman.

The inflated raft was being carried by a Canadian CH-146 Griffin helicopter that was returning from a military exercise in which they were practicing open water rescues in the ocean off the coast of Florida. The 80-pound raft became what police described as “separated from the helicopter” and plunged downwards to the Miami streets.

Meanwhile, well below the falling raft at around 3 PM, Luce Rameau was lying on her bed talking on her cell phone to a friend. This conversation was quickly halted when the raft smashed through her roof narrowly missing her and covering her in wood and dust. Speaking to the Miami Herald, Rameau said that she thought she was being bombed.

“I kept screaming, ‘What happened? What happened?”’ she told the Herald. “I was shocked.”

The tightly-packaged raft—two by two feet in size—punched a pretty clean hole of about a half a metre in diameter through Rameau’s bedroom roof. A captain with Miami-Dade Fire told reporters that Rameau fortunately “narrowly escaped disaster and sustained only minor injuries.”

This is both distinctly Canadian and Floridian.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Not since we burned the White House down has the Canadian military launched an assault at the great beast to the south of us (come at me, history nerds). But that all changed on Wednesday when we bombed Miami with a raft, puncturing through the roof of a home and injuring one American woman.

The inflated raft was being carried by a Canadian CH-146 Griffin helicopter that was returning from a military exercise in which they were practicing open water rescues in the ocean off the coast of Florida. The 80-pound raft became what police described as “separated from the helicopter” and plunged downwards to the Miami streets.

Meanwhile, well below the falling raft at around 3 PM, Luce Rameau was lying on her bed talking on her cell phone to a friend. This conversation was quickly halted when the raft smashed through her roof narrowly missing her and covering her in wood and dust. Speaking to the Miami Herald, Rameau said that she thought she was being bombed.

“I kept screaming, ‘What happened? What happened?”’ she told the Herald. “I was shocked.”

The tightly-packaged raft—two by two feet in size—punched a pretty clean hole of about a half a metre in diameter through Rameau’s bedroom roof. A captain with Miami-Dade Fire told reporters that Rameau fortunately “narrowly escaped disaster and sustained only minor injuries.”

Don't describe the raft as two by two feet and the hole as half a metre. It offends my sensibilities.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

Don't describe the raft as two by two feet and the hole as half a metre. It offends my sensibilities.

But it's incredibly Canadian to mush up the measurements like that.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular

Sorry :(

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    The raft is Canadian and the hole is Floridian. They should be reversed.

• Options
    Why it's a bad idea to fly a CRJ through a nor'easter:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Usually, we avoid politics here. But when a donation is redefining how one Texas politician "makes a buck", an exception can be made:
    A candidate in the race for a South Texas state House seat has reportedly received $87,500 in campaign donations — more than half of which is made up of deer semen.

The Dallas News reported Thursday that Ana Lisa Garza, a district court judge running a primary challenge against eight-term Democrat Ryan Guillen, has received $51,000 in in-kind donations to her campaign, listed as individual donations of frozen deer semen straws.

The containers are reportedly a common way for deer breeders in the state to donate to political campaigns. Garza's campaign has valued the straws at $1,000 each.

Fred Gonzalez, a Texas deer breeder who serves as treasurer of the Texas Deer Association, told the Dallas News that the group’s political action committee has received more than $975,000 in deer semen donations since 2006, and has given more than $885,000 in the same period of time.

“Semen is a very common way for us to donate,” Gonzalez told the paper. “One collection on a buck could lead to 60 straws sometimes. If you have a desirable animal, it’s a way to bring value without breaking the bank.”
    Straws from bucks named Bandit, Sweet Dreams and Gladiator Sunset were among the donations listed.

You have to hand it to Ms. Garza - she's got a lot of spunk in this race.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Gladiator Sunset!

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Usually, we avoid politics here. But when a donation is redefining how one Texas politician "makes a buck", an exception can be made:
    A candidate in the race for a South Texas state House seat has reportedly received $87,500 in campaign donations — more than half of which is made up of deer semen.

The Dallas News reported Thursday that Ana Lisa Garza, a district court judge running a primary challenge against eight-term Democrat Ryan Guillen, has received $51,000 in in-kind donations to her campaign, listed as individual donations of frozen deer semen straws.

The containers are reportedly a common way for deer breeders in the state to donate to political campaigns. Garza's campaign has valued the straws at $1,000 each.

Fred Gonzalez, a Texas deer breeder who serves as treasurer of the Texas Deer Association, told the Dallas News that the group’s political action committee has received more than $975,000 in deer semen donations since 2006, and has given more than $885,000 in the same period of time.

“Semen is a very common way for us to donate,” Gonzalez told the paper. “One collection on a buck could lead to 60 straws sometimes. If you have a desirable animal, it’s a way to bring value without breaking the bank.”
    Straws from bucks named Bandit, Sweet Dreams and Gladiator Sunset were among the donations listed.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Vwkqh3lCgvw

"We live our lives by one hard and fast rule. When someone sends you jizz through the mail? It's time to stop doing whatever you're doing."

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Bad news: Another super white person attempted to do a rap/hip-hop parody.

Good news:

It's Weird Al

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v0c6smpHSk

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular

I never knew this was a thing. I also can't comprehend how it is even a thing. Deer are a giant nuisance in most of the country since we removed their natural predators. Why do we need to breed specific deer when there are billions of them just waiting on the side of busy freeways to ruin your day and make your insurance premiums go up? The stand silently just behind a small bush and then when you go to change the radio station, they strike. They're all part of the Omnivore Special Ninja Forces Program.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Bolthorn wrote: »

I never knew this was a thing. I also can't comprehend how it is even a thing. Deer are a giant nuisance in most of the country since we removed their natural predators. Why do we need to breed specific deer when there are billions of them just waiting on the side of busy freeways to ruin your day and make your insurance premiums go up? The stand silently just behind a small bush and then when you go to change the radio station, they strike. They're all part of the Omnivore Special Ninja Forces Program.

Venison sells for a lot of money, primarily to people who don't go out and shoot their own venison, and hunting rules don't give enough capacity for industry - you can get enough meat to last your household for quite a while, or you can divvy it out to friends and family and everybody can get a few meals out of it, but you can't run a business selling it.

If you legally own the animals (depending on the state this can be anything from catching them and putting them in a pen to complicated paperwork with some state agency and an expensive purchase from an existing breeder), you can breed and slaughter them at leisure and never have to worry about only being able to hunt for one or two weekends a year and only being able to take one deer per season.

Hevach on
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

Because deer that are docile and have big, regular racks are what "hunters" are paying big money for when they have these tour guides drive them out to fenced-in fields to shoot them.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options

Hunters generally can't sell excess meat legally. So venison sold at the grocery store has to come from farms hence animal husbandry.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Martin Shkreli ordered by feds to forfeit Wu-Tang album
    The disgraced pharmaceutical executive and hedge fund manager Martin Shkreli must forfeit $7.36 million in assets (PDF) to the federal government following his fraud conviction, a judge ruled Monday. The assets set for forfeiture (PDF) include the single copy of the Wu-Tang album Once Upon A Time in Shaolin that Shkreli reportedly bought for $2 million, as well as a painting by Pablo Picasso.

The forfeiture follows Shkreli’s conviction last October on three of eight counts of securities and wire fraud. The federal government had indicted Shkreli in December of 2015 for running a Ponzi-like scheme, alleging he defrauded investors in two hedge funds he managed and siphoning millions from his pharmaceutical company, Retrophin, to cover losses.

. . .

The forfeiture includes: $5 million in cash that is currently held in an E*Trade brokerage; all interests in Vyera Pharmaceuticals (formerly known as Turing Pharmaceuticals); the album Once Upon A Time in Shaolin by the Wu Tang Clan; the album Tha Carter V by Lil Wayne; and his Picasso painting.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    The disgraced pharmaceutical executive and hedge fund manager Martin Shkreli must forfeit $7.36 million in assets (PDF) to the federal government following his fraud conviction, a judge ruled Monday. The assets set for forfeiture (PDF) include the single copy of the Wu-Tang album Once Upon A Time in Shaolin that Shkreli reportedly bought for $2 million, as well as a painting by Pablo Picasso.

The forfeiture follows Shkreli’s conviction last October on three of eight counts of securities and wire fraud. The federal government had indicted Shkreli in December of 2015 for running a Ponzi-like scheme, alleging he defrauded investors in two hedge funds he managed and siphoning millions from his pharmaceutical company, Retrophin, to cover losses.

. . .

The forfeiture includes: $5 million in cash that is currently held in an E*Trade brokerage; all interests in Vyera Pharmaceuticals (formerly known as Turing Pharmaceuticals); the album Once Upon A Time in Shaolin by the Wu Tang Clan; the album Tha Carter V by Lil Wayne; and his Picasso painting.

Most of the items on the list are valuable and easy to liquidate. But the albums are different, and I find that interesting. OUATiS is only worth $2 million because Shkreli himself bid that much for it, which he as much as said he was doing to laugh at the fan groups pooling money in crowdfunding campaigns to buy it collectively. It's unlikely to bring that much in a new auction, and they can't make copies and sell it.

Forfeiting this isn't financial restitution, they're included as punishment for being a dick.

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

Venison sells for a lot of money, primarily to people who don't go out and shoot their own venison, and hunting rules don't give enough capacity for industry - you can get enough meat to last your household for quite a while, or you can divvy it out to friends and family and everybody can get a few meals out of it, but you can't run a business selling it.

If you legally own the animals (depending on the state this can be anything from catching them and putting them in a pen to complicated paperwork with some state agency and an expensive purchase from an existing breeder), you can breed and slaughter them at leisure and never have to worry about only being able to hunt for one or two weekends a year and only being able to take one deer per season.

Okay, that all makes sense. I appreciate the explanation. I didn't know selling venison was a thing. I live in an area where anyone that really wants deer meat does hunt for it. And again, with how many deer there are in the area it seems like everyone I know that goes always snags the max allotment for their group.

• Options

. . .

Most of the items on the list are valuable and easy to liquidate. But the albums are different, and I find that interesting. OUATiS is only worth $2 million because Shkreli himself bid that much for it, which he as much as said he was doing to laugh at the fan groups pooling money in crowdfunding campaigns to buy it collectively. It's unlikely to bring that much in a new auction, and they can't make copies and sell it.

Forfeiting this isn't financial restitution, they're included as punishment for being a dick.

It's certainly different from the others. But it might still pull in enough at auction to be worth it. The next highest bid could still have been a substantial amount and given reason to place a decent value on it.

Okay, that all makes sense. I appreciate the explanation. I didn't know selling venison was a thing. I live in an area where anyone that really wants deer meat does hunt for it. And again, with how many deer there are in the area it seems like everyone I know that goes always snags the max allotment for their group.

The food industry is weird and often regional. There are places where deer are a problem but due to zoning they can't be hunted. Or where the deer are much smaller and won't give the meat for a good steak or some other preparations. Or just places where no one can afford the freezer space to store a quarter or half a deer in an apartment. Heck, a few forumers who live in landlocked states have looked at discussion of seafood recipes in the cooking thread with a mix of awe and bewilderment.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular

. . .

I fully expect the next update on this story to be something about Shkreli destroying the album(s) out of spite.

• Options
    Utah State Bar looking like a bunch of boobs after inadvertently emailing a picture of a topless blonde to every lawyer in the state(possibly NSFW):
    The Utah State Bar is very confused as to how it emailed a picture of some titties to lawyers throughout the state and is “investigating” how the image was included alongside content promoting its 2018 Spring Convention in St. George.

Bar communications director Matt Page told the Salt Lake Tribune that they are “aware of the situation” and “investigating how it got out,” and added that when he generated the graphic advertising the convention, there were no breasts included. The good news, for anyone concerned that the image may have accidentally come from someone at the Bar’s cell phone photo directory, is that it looks an awful lot like a generic boob image pulled from the web. (A reverse image search on Google yielded no clues, other than that the search engine believes the most striking detail about the file is that it features a blonde.)

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

. . .

Forfeiting it is financial restitution because it cannot be more difficult to sell the album than it can be to sell a Picasso. It may not sell for full value, but I doubt the Picasso will either.

I also do not think the court is valuating the album at $2M, because they are penalizing Shkreli for $7.36M and we know $5M of that will be in cash.

And, if the court is including the album because Shkreli has been a dick, I'm ok with that. Part of the court's assessment in penalties includes evaluating the behavior of the person in question, and Shkreli has definitely flaunted the wealth gained from his illegal activities.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

. . .

Forfeiting it is financial restitution because it cannot be more difficult to sell the album than it can be to sell a Picasso. It may not sell for full value, but I doubt the Picasso will either.

I also do not think the court is valuating the album at $2M, because they are penalizing Shkreli for $7.36M and we know $5M of that will be in cash.

And, if the court is including the album because Shkreli has been a dick, I'm ok with that. Part of the court's assessment in penalties includes evaluating the behavior of the person in question, and Shkreli has definitely flaunted the wealth gained from his illegal activities.

Well technically, he can sell his stake in Vyera, that album, another album and the painting in any combination to raise the remaining 2.36m and if he does he keeps whatever is left. If his Vyera stake is large enough - or he just has cash on hand - he could keep the albums/paintings if he wants
    In the event that the defendant pays the Forfeiture Money Judgment in full, as provided in paragraph 2 above, or the defendant, pursuant to subparagraphs 11(e) and (f) above, sets aside enough funds (the “Escrowed Funds”) to satisfy the Forfeiture Money Judgment, and no third-party claim to the Escrowed Funds is asserted, such payment by the defendant or Escrowed Funds shall be used to satisfy the Forfeiture Money Judgment and the remaining restraints on the Substitute Assets set forth in this Order shall be vacated.

• Options
    Utah State Bar looking like a bunch of boobs after inadvertently emailing a picture of a topless blonde to every lawyer in the state(possibly NSFW):
    The Utah State Bar is very confused as to how it emailed a picture of some titties to lawyers throughout the state and is “investigating” how the image was included alongside content promoting its 2018 Spring Convention in St. George.

Bar communications director Matt Page told the Salt Lake Tribune that they are “aware of the situation” and “investigating how it got out,” and added that when he generated the graphic advertising the convention, there were no breasts included. The good news, for anyone concerned that the image may have accidentally come from someone at the Bar’s cell phone photo directory, is that it looks an awful lot like a generic boob image pulled from the web. (A reverse image search on Google yielded no clues, other than that the search engine believes the most striking detail about the file is that it features a blonde.)

Hopefully IT departments keep abreast of the investigation. It's the kind of mistake that's better to nip in the bud before it have time to bounce around.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Japan successfully tests out Super Monster Wolf
    A robot wolf designed to protect farms has proved to be such a success in trials that it is going into mass production next month.

The "Super Monster Wolf" is a 65cm-long, 50cm-tall robot animal covered with realistic-looking fur, featuring huge white fangs and flashing red eyes, Asahi Television reports.

It's been designed to keep wild boar away from rice and chestnut crops, and was deployed on a trial basis near Kisarazu City in Japan's eastern Chiba prefecture last July.

When it detects an approaching animal, its eyes light up and it starts to howl, Asahi TV says. Its manufacturers say the robot wolf uses solar-rechargeable batteries and has a range of howl noises so that animal threats don't get used to it.

The Japan Agricultural Cooperatives say that crop losses have noticeably decreased in areas where the Super Monster Wolf has been present. Beforehand, farmers around Kisarazu were resigned to giving up at least part of their crops to wild boar every year.

Speaking to the Chiba Nippo news website, Chihiko Umezawa of the agricultural cooperative says that the device has an effective radius of about one kilometre, suggesting it is more effective than an electric fence.

Now, the robot wolf is going into mass production, with units costing about 514,000 yen ($4,840; £3,480) each, but there are options for farmers to pay a far cheaper monthly lease on a wolf instead.

No word when it'll appear in a Godzilla movie yet.

Steam Profile