As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Now entering the fourth year of Keeping Records!

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    i don't...understand how you are supposed to withstand atlas' crushing grasp

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    He's a fucking problem, no doubt. Hardest part of the current Crystal Tower by far. What sort of mitigation are you using? When I did the fight, I had the whole team in one row (the back row) so that I could avoid the first Crushing Grasp entirely, and be able to reapply all my buffs at one time after the second one.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    He's a fucking problem, no doubt. Hardest part of the current Crystal Tower by far. What sort of mitigation are you using? When I did the fight, I had the whole team in one row (the back row) so that I could avoid the first Crushing Grasp entirely, and be able to reapply all my buffs at one time after the second one.

I have a physical team, I didn't know it definitely rotated. Trying to get shell/wall up before it hits but seems impossible. I can try a magic team although I blew some good mages on a previous wing, not knowing I'd need them now.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Yeah, Atlas is pretty obnoxious. I ended up going with an all-backrow team, including one support on partial Entrust duty to make sure I could recast Hastega on time. The fight is 100% scripted: Punch, Crushing Grasp (front), Chain Strike, Roar, Punch, Crushing Grasp (back), Chain Strike, Roar, repeat. Punch and Chain Strike are physical attacks and are not too bad (especially if you're in the back row), Crushing Grasp and Roar are both magical and will wreck you if you're not prepared with Wall, Shell, and hopefully some MAG breaks. Don't forget to recast Shell immediately when it's dispelled!

If you've already used up your good mages, it may be worth restarting the tower to free them up, it's a tough fight that I had to attempt several times before I could clear, even with multiple very good synergy characters (Raines BSB, Serah hastega, Vanille BSB).

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Man, I know people have been less than excited about imperil's recently, but hitting Ravena with Imperil Wind, with Cloud going BSB->USB->BSB, and critting for 30k per hit of the USB is definitely worth bringing an imperil.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    New XII event in JP. Whoever guessed that Heavy Combat would be getting dark elemental abilities, award yourself a cookie!

Evil Swing, 5✭ Heavy Combat
    3~8xST Dark physical dmg, no of hits scale with Heavy Charge count, removes Heavy Charge

Dark Impact, 5✭ Heavy Combat
    1~6xAoE Dark physical dmg, no of hits scale with Heavy Charge count, removes Heavy Charge

also featuring Vaan USB2 trying to be Zidane, Basch USB2 cloning Rikku USB, and Fran BSB2 cloning...Barret BSB?!?

Fry on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Hooray, more dark orb requirements...

• Options
    Damn. If the KH event contains the standard 12 mythril, then I will be literally 1 mythril short of a second pull on its banner when it vanishes.

Unless I can rapidly jam out 10 Magicite kills for a monthly mythril prize when March begins.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    The normal Dark moves like Dire Heal and Dread Weapon are good enough for now. Heavy Combat isn't such a limited skillset with the amount of potential users, but the build-up/release nature of the skills isn't too hot and limits the user to equipping both abilities like ninjas do.

Earth and Darkness have about the same number of enemies who are vulnerable/immune, so you can probably just stick with having the Earth skills made.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »

I have a physical team, I didn't know it definitely rotated. Trying to get shell/wall up before it hits but seems impossible. I can try a magic team although I blew some good mages on a previous wing, not knowing I'd need them now.

It's a standard dispel, so flat stat boosts will remain after. If you have Garnet's Divine Guardian, Beatrix's Rose SSB, Strago's Mighty Guard, basicially anything that gives +res or +def directly, not as protect/shell, it'll stay up.

If that doesn't work, it'll cost you some stamina, but you can rerun one or two of the other dungeons with a different cast. That unlocks the original team you used for that fight, so you'd be able to bring them to Atlas.

• Options
    Now that I've farmed Marilith and have 2x99 Firemane, 2x99 Marilith, and 1x99 KingBomb, which magicite should I go for next? The only other chain I have is Wind, but Midgardsomr looks kind of messy.

I tried Isgebind, but even with some strong Monks and Locke SBs (no monk is fully LD'd. I would've gone with Sabin or Y'da, but they lack a little something to make the dip worth it) Isgebind just wrecks me. Physical on that fight is not the ideal way to go, and I don't have a chain.

I'm thinking Kraken might be the next best option. Again, no Kain/Shantotto Chain, but I do have a fully LD'd Lightning and Shantotto with their USBs/BSB(2)s, and an R4 Hell Thunder. Think this would be enough to fry some fish? Sub30 isn't the goal - honestly, I'll just take the win right now. Party comp advice/setups would be useful for those who successfully manage without the chain to speed things up.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Is there going to be a KH banner? I've been avoiding the thread/game after getting real salty on a 1/11 dupe cat hat from the banner with all the boostga's on it.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Now that I've farmed Marilith and have 2x99 Firemane, 2x99 Marilith, and 1x99 KingBomb, which magicite should I go for next? The only other chain I have is Wind, but Midgardsomr looks kind of messy.

I tried Isgebind, but even with some strong Monks and Locke SBs (no monk is fully LD'd. I would've gone with Sabin or Y'da, but they lack a little something to make the dip worth it) Isgebind just wrecks me. Physical on that fight is not the ideal way to go, and I don't have a chain.

I'm thinking Kraken might be the next best option. Again, no Kain/Shantotto Chain, but I do have a fully LD'd Lightning and Shantotto with their USBs/BSB(2)s, and an R4 Hell Thunder. Think this would be enough to fry some fish? Sub30 isn't the goal - honestly, I'll just take the win right now. Party comp advice/setups would be useful for those who successfully manage without the chain to speed things up.

What do your throwers look like? I've been waffling about swapping back over to physical for Isgebind because I've got Refia/Locke/Yda but I've yet to convince myself that's better than my already decent hybrid team. I've had a dive penciled in for Locke forever and I had basically nothing planned on combat dives stopping me from doing Yda, so...

No advice for Kraken, sorry. I just used mostly the same en-OSB feed meter to Lightning squad. That conveniently also dodges all the nasty counters later.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Don't assume you need chains - I've sub-1min on 4 of them without chains.

Kraken seems like it should be doable with what you described. Just bring a healer and some entrust.

• Options
    Spectrum wrote: »

What do your throwers look like? I've been waffling about swapping back over to physical for Isgebind because I've got Refia/Locke/Yda but I've yet to convince myself that's better than my already decent hybrid team. I've had a dive penciled in for Locke forever and I had basically nothing planned on combat dives stopping me from doing Yda, so...

No advice for Kraken, sorry. I just used mostly the same en-OSB feed meter to Lightning squad. That conveniently also dodges all the nasty counters later.

Only physical ranged weapons I have are guns and bows. The three throwers I have are magic based (Hope OSB, Fujin BSB, Rinoa BSB2). I was doing a hybrid team using Terra, Locke and Yda, but the damage output feels anemic. By 50 seconds into the fight, Isgebind still had 35% HP and I was losing to attrition. It doesn't help that I have nothing really great for Terra besides her SSB/BSB1 combo and the LMR from the recent gem-only banners. Isgebind might have to wait until 3rd Birthday Anniversary before I see what kind of tools I come out of that with to finish the 4* World Tour.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    If you happen to have a suitable blink of either variety (or ideally, both), that can help with Kraken a bunch too. Magic blink probably moreso.

Rosa and Edge have been a good combination for me to keep Lightning alive long enough to do the bulk of the damage in a 50-60 second time frame.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Is there going to be a KH banner? I've been avoiding the thread/game after getting real salty on a 1/11 dupe cat hat from the banner with all the boostga's on it.

Yes. All we know so far is that Sora gets Ragnaeok as an OSB, Riku gets Dark Aura as a UOSB (I guess now AOSBs), and Cloud gets a BSB3.

• Options
    If you happen to have a suitable blink of either variety (or ideally, both), that can help with Kraken a bunch too. Magic blink probably moreso.

Rosa and Edge have been a good combination for me to keep Lightning alive long enough to do the bulk of the damage in a 50-60 second time frame.

The Kraken team will likely be Lightning and Shantotto for DPS. Rosa for USB, Ramza for Shout and OK for BSB to give Shantotto a little magic boost. And then at least one of those two will be entrusting to Lightning to spam.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    feels weird deciding not to pull on this banner, but getting marche's ultra in the last fest really makes a pull here impossible. the only big hits are the tg usb and osb, and thats not enough for me with the fest looming even if they are big hits.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Chains are absolutely not necessary if you have a coherent team in a particular element

Maliris is my fastest 4* magicite clear (23 secs) and I don't have a water chain

• Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Wait, why is the multiplayer for FFT Seymour Natus? O_o

C/P error (on our end, not DeNA's)
    It's not an error. The MP really is Seymour Natus.

Why? Because he's holy weak and they want to showcase the power of Orlandeau.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen lol

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Wait, why is the multiplayer for FFT Seymour Natus? O_o

C/P error (on our end, not DeNA's)
    It's not an error. The MP really is Seymour Natus.

Why? Because he's holy weak and they want to showcase the power of Orlandeau.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen lol

Yea, it's not like Orlandeau needs to hit a weakness to just step on fools.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Can I pull for Old Man already?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    I can do 1 pull tonight, and another probably before the banner goes away

I’ll see what Sora and Riku are like before I decide to invest in them at all

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I want to pull on this banner, but I also want to get back to 75 mythril stable to be able to do any lucky draws they throw at us.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    150 mythril and probably a gem pouch for oldmandu

• Options
    Orlandu USB/OSB, Marche USB, and Alma BSB are tempting, but I have too much of the stuff in the middle of the banner already, don't think I'm going to be pulling. Good luck to those who do!

• Options
    Sorry Orlandeau. But I know now, without a doubt: Kingdom Hearts is light!

• Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    2 dupes, hopefully only 1 pull to get a couple more non-dupes and call it a day. Kind of a longshot to get the grand prizes on one pull, but there's always hope.

• Options
    Sorry Orlandeau. But I know now, without a doubt: Kingdom Hearts is light!

And Darkness. And Darkness within the Light, for the Light cannot exist without the Darkness, and...

• Options
    Fry do you have a banner guide up for fft? I looked but didn’t see one, I love reading them

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2018
    Only pulled once so far and got Gaffgarion's BSB and Alma's USB. Neither is a great prize, but I've now got 3 of the 4 6* items on the banner, so I think that's enough of that.

A duck! on
  • Options
    Whiffed my 100 gen, someday I’ll get some useful tgcid stuff, today is not that day

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Also, God help me, I may make a second R3 Smoldering Fire. I managed to get Isgebind down in around 35 seconds, and that was with my Ninja only pulling half-duty and a misclick on an Entrust. The trouble is that the buy-in to get under 30 seconds is 60 MDOs, and I'm not even sure it would work.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Welcome to the no dark orbs side.

It’s pretty dark, but never as dark as we would like.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Welp

100 gem, rubbish

Pull 1, 3/11 (2 Discos): Marche LMR, Alma USB, Orlandeau OSB (2nd dupe)

Pull 2, 2/11: Alma BSB, Gaff BSB (dupe)

Uhh, at least I've got a new healer. And a stupid strong 216 damage holy sword.

I've got 8/14 relics on this banner now, even if I get enough mythril before this ends there's no sane reason why I should chance Fate even more.

• Options
    I probably spent more mythril than I should (300) but I got Orlandeau's LM and finally the USB. Got a full set of TGcid gear now, and got two of Marche's usb too.

the only thing I'm really missing is ramza's bsb2, wish I had grabbed that but oh well. I'll hopefully have about 300 for the KH banner as well.

• Options
    My first pull got me literally every single Alma relic. In one pull. I have no use for another B tier healer, unfortunately.

Ramza LMR continues to be my white whale

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    3/11, 2 Marche LMR (I have nothing else for him), third TGCid OSB. At least I got a stronger sword I guess.

• Options
    Oh neat, Assault Sabre exists now. Goodbye, Saint Cross.

This discussion has been closed.