As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    How does a human go about working out what colours suit them, anyway?

On the off-chance you can find a copy, there is a book called color me beautiful that is really good for this. It’s dated, and totally ignore the fashion advice and lament the like single chapter on men’s fashion; however, the four color groupings for skin/hair/eye tones are excellent. It’s really helpful for helping your know what colors will always look good on you.

The other thing to do is this: find a shirt, if you don’t have one already, in a color that looks good—one that people compliment (brings out your eyes, you look really rested/happy today). Then wear it when you shop. Standing in front of a mirror, drape a different color shirt under your face—do you look as healthy and pleasant with that color as you do with the color or the shirt you’re wearing, or does the new color make you look washed out/jaundiced/whatever? That’s a bit trial and error, but I have found it pretty effective overall. It is something you really have to do in person, though because colors online can be treacherous.

N1tSt4lker on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    How does a human go about working out what colours suit them, anyway?

Photoshop your face onto every Space Marine chapter heraldry and pick the one that looks the best

Hooray! I always wanted to be a Khorne Berzerker!

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited May 2018

Oh my, is that a new set of kicks?

You bet your ass it is. Doc Marten slipons, 60 bucks marked down from 90. 8-)

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular

Oh my, is that a new set of kicks?

You bet your add it is. Doc Marten slipons, 60 bucks marked down from 90. 8-)

I love those doc marten soles so much. I've had a pair of their boots for about 5 years now, and only recently did the heel start separating. Those things wear hard as hell. I can tell I've lost maybe a half inch of heel, and the tread is smooth, but that's daily wear and damn if they don't keep trucking.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    You can probably get those exchanged, my friend. Doc Marten has a pretty liberal exchange and warranty program last I heard.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I just found my vegan Docs that I thought were long gone when unpacking from my move. Can't wait to put those back into rotation.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Raw ConcreteRaw Concrete Registered User regular
    It's years later, and I still immediately look for the hair tie.

Oh, come and shake me 'till I'm dry
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    bustin in to say old navy has some really comfy clothes and i got a new pair of comfy lounge shorts and a tank for v cheap

iScz9mnl.jpg

also i bought this shirt off ebay cause im a big nerd and the us uniqlo store doesn’t have it

d12kr3rhcwgo.jpeg

yeah P U R C H A S E S !

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    These look better IRL than in this photo, but I CHROME'd my nails again! This 2nd time around I changed my technique a bit and it looks way better than the first time.

4jgticb64bux.jpg

Also now various places in my apartment have microscopic glittery silver particles

I will never get rid of them

Fabulous forever

NightDragon on
  • Options
    I'm just realizing it looks lumpy because it's reflecting the folds in the blue fleece I'm wearing hahah

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I still love those chrome nails

They make me wish that I didn't have garbage fingernails so I could do them for myself

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    yeah those nails are rad as hell

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I still love those chrome nails

They make me wish that I didn't have garbage fingernails so I could do them for myself

I'm not sure what the issues may be, but there are a lot of things you can do that will let you get rad chrome nails! :) Hell you could even get acrylic nails or an acrylic overlay, which will give you a super smooth base to work on.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I have brittle nails that grow in all different shapes, most of them some variety of unattractive. Plus a lifetime of bad habits that lead to them frequently being jagged or painfully short.

Also cuticles that tend to be bleeding on one finger or another, but that actually feeds into the Molly Millions look a bit when you combine it with chrome nails, so it's not a problem in this instance.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    insert fury road reference here

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Shit I better close youtube before I get sucked up in another 3 hours about painting nails.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    You can probably get those exchanged, my friend. Doc Marten has a pretty liberal exchange and warranty program last I heard.

Maybe but at this point I'll buy new ones. They did right by me, and I really don't expect shoes to last forever. 5+years is solid at the price and how hard I am on shoes.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I looooove the chrome nails!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    a while ago someone mentioned NMDs and I had looked at them online and thought they were cool. I went to check out a big adidas store downtown and they said most of theirs had been moved to a new shop that opened up in another neighborhood but i figured out my size.

I ended up just getting these off their online store. It's more solid black on black than i expected, but I really like these as shoes period. I'm already thinking about getting a pair of their summer line because they have some sweet color combos.
    clag2whtiz3a.jpg

If i can't justify rick owen's shoes then these are at least cool

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Hi thread! Tell me about your skincare holy grails. I’ve been using cosrx’s triple c lightning liquid in my moisturizer at night for the past two months-ish and I loooove it. I’ve gotten compliments about my skin glowing for the first time! And now I’m curious about what other life changing skincare items there are out there!

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm having some serious boot thoughts

6ohdzd4lzor4.jpg

jpzzbw4opy8u.jpg

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Those boots are pretty serious

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    That second pair looks like it juuussst barely holds your foot in, which is bold

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    That second pair looks like it juuussst barely holds your foot in, which is bold

Yea the first pair look more snug, but the second pair could potentially be flung at an attacker, which seems like it has potential.

Edit: That sentence contains some unnecessary redundancy. I am le tired.

pimento on
  • Options
    Hi thread! Tell me about your skincare holy grails. I’ve been using cosrx’s triple c lightning liquid in my moisturizer at night for the past two months-ish and I loooove it. I’ve gotten compliments about my skin glowing for the first time! And now I’m curious about what other life changing skincare items there are out there!

Ooh, I loved cosrx’s moisturizer and will have to look at the lightning liquid!

I’m still experimenting with what works best on my face re. moisturizer/all the AHA and whatever else people swear by... I’m in a couple of facial skincare groups but I get so overwhelmed just reading. For a really good cleanse, though, I love Banila Co’s Clean it Zero + an enzyme cleanser (tried two different brands, not much between them!). Also I’ve been considering splurging on GlamGlow because their exfoliaters seemed to really work without feeling too harsh on my skin. I have suuuch dry skin and I actually felt like the sample I had did leave my skin softer and brighter.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    On the subject of skin stuff, does anyone know how you moisturise your scalp? I haven't been using shampoo or conditioner since I buzzed my head because they seem to irritate my skin, but I'm still getting a pretty dry scalp after showering and I'm not sure what to do about it. Are there moisturisers you can put on your head that don't make your hair all manky?

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    On the subject of skin stuff, does anyone know how you moisturise your scalp? I haven't been using shampoo or conditioner since I buzzed my head because they seem to irritate my skin, but I'm still getting a pretty dry scalp after showering and I'm not sure what to do about it. Are there moisturisers you can put on your head that don't make your hair all manky?

I use ACO intensive dry scalp treatment which is a moisturising gel, it works really well. Not sure if the brand's available outside Sweden but I'm sure there's other similar stuff around.

Based on Castor Oil apparently.

Flarne on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    Drip Morrocan Argan oil on it and rub it in. If that doesn't work you may have to move up to something stronger like Tea Tree Oil.

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    go to a paint store and stand next to all the swatches

If I do that my chameleonic reflex instinctively kicks in and I just get fabulous.

This is a feature, not a bug

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    @janson thank you! I’ve been on the fence about getting clean it zero and I think your post pushed me over the edge to order. Will report back!

• Options
    It’s a great make-up remover and should be gentle enough for nearly all skin. I use it to remove make-up from my kids’ faces!

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Coconut oil works wonders for my scalp. Massage it in 5/10 minutes before my shower.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I don't think this will be to everyone's taste but I freaking love it!

tumblr_p9ihdaK4nq1v6x79no1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p9ihdaK4nq1v6x79no2_1280.jpg

• Options
    I love the shape of that skirt

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    yes where can i buy?

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    yes where can i buy?

The caption it had was "Rami Kadi Fall 2015-16 Couture Fireflies Collection" which has other similar looks but I don't really understand how one would buy something like this.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    So it must be stolen.

• Options
    how thrilling!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Something about that dress is bugging me but I can't quite put my finger on it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    boooooooooo

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO