As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Something about that dress is bugging me but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Well see it's a picture not an actual dress. You can't touch it because it's not really there

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Something about that dress is bugging me but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Well see it's a picture not an actual dress. You can't touch it because it's not really there

hmm, a controversial philosophical stance

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    So it must be stolen.

RAID!

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    @NightDragon how do you do your chrome nails?

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    @NightDragon how do you do your chrome nails?

I used a chrome nail powder! :biggrin: I made a post about it in an earlier fashion thread somewhere... if you want full details just send me a PM or @ me again and I'll try to find it for ya :) I'm on my phone right now and your notification went away, so I'm afraid I'll forget by tomorrow!

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Hi thread! Tell me about your skincare holy grails. I’ve been using cosrx’s triple c lightning liquid in my moisturizer at night for the past two months-ish and I loooove it. I’ve gotten compliments about my skin glowing for the first time! And now I’m curious about what other life changing skincare items there are out there!

I've pared my routine considerably as I've been getting more and more sensitive to things of late :/

Right now it's down to a hemp oil-based soap + exfoliating silicone thingy in tepid water, followed either by Derma E facial sunscreen (am) or Sukin sensitive moisturizer + rosehip oil

The rosehip oil is probably my holy grail, it's maaaaagical for undereye skin!

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Good to know! I feel your pain, my skin is also pretty sensitive and finding products that work can be a challenge.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    hey fashion thread

i'm looking for men's longline/scallop hem tees, long-sleeved ones, that i can get in Canada

e.g.
    e99uz3iax7wx.jpg

i'm having a hard time finding any retailers that sell them, and ordering clothes on Amazon.ca is kind of a sketchy proposition a lot of the time

any suggestions?

• Options
    DabeDabe Photographist Portland, ORRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    i'm looking for men's longline/scallop hem tees, long-sleeved ones, that i can get in Canada

Elwood, Asos, MNML. I think all three ship to Canada.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    J. Crew factory is having a big sale, fyi

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Dabe wrote: »

Elwood, Asos, MNML. I think all three ship to Canada.

Fantastic, thanks!

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Is furniture fashion?

What do we think of this?
    72358_conner_dresser_ltwalconcrete_6-29-2016_lr_01.jpg

I'm in dire desire to get rid of the POS ikea wardrobe that dominates a portion of my bedroom so it's time to upgrade. My living room is mostly mid-century modern at this point and the bedroom is pretty minimal. Scratch that, very minimal with the only real piece of furniture in their being a Scandinavian style low to the ground bed in natural wood tones (that are barely visible).

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    We talk about furniture in the architecture and design thread too o:

I like that for a minimalist space. Simple, functional. I think it would look better in a flat, clean white color, but that's just me.

Or... Like... Avocado. I love that avocado/goldenrod/ochre seventies garbage mmm nyimnyimnyim gimme all the paisley

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    We talk about furniture in the architecture and design thread too o:

I like that for a minimalist space. Simple, functional. I think it would look better in a flat, clean white color, but that's just me.

Or... Like... Avocado. I love that avocado/goldenrod/ochre seventies garbage mmm nyimnyimnyim gimme all the paisley

Yeah I dig the face of the drawers but the shell on the outside looks....weathered? Which I wouldn't dig so much, though it could just be the lighting

But my decor style is generally more Illusive Man But Vaguely Feminine so I mean

It probably just doesn't look irritating enough to move/ isn't covered in enough glass for my standards

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    conversely I like the outer veneer, it's both weathered and soothing.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I wish it was higher so you could stick shoes under it but I like that dresser a lot assuming its actually smooth and not sharp/splintery like it looks

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Shoe storage is something that I'll have to address, but I can figure that part out easily enough (basically clearing out some room in my closet).

The grey exterior is actually 3/4 inch concrete. So it'll likely be pretty smooth with the exception of some natural pitting and the like. It's a local group of stores that have it and the one closest to me has it in storage but not on display for me to see, so I'm going to have to truck myself out to East LA tomorrow to see it in person before I commit.

• Options
    There you go, @Cello - it IS irritating to move.

• Options
    tynic wrote: »

236 pounds if the woman I spoke to on the phone has the correct numbers.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

See, now I'm into this

You've got my seal of approval

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    "Free delivery is curbside. For $100 we'll bring it into your home and set it up for you."

Oh, ok..how much does it weigh?

"236 pounds, sir."

Yes, yes that is $100 I'm willing to spend.

• Options
    at least it should be earthquake proof. See if you can take shelter inside it.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I love obscenely overbuilt, brutalist furniture like that. Which is why I built a rolling wardrobe out of 3/4" iron pipes. A concrete shell for a dresser sounds impossibly cool.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I like cinder block shelves. The ultimate in utilitarianism.

• Options
    Also, BRUTALIST FURNITURE

FACE TO THE CUBE

THE CUBE IS THE ART

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018

FACE TO THE CUBE

THE CUBE IS THE ART

One day when I'm rich I'll live in a paradise of concrete and teak.

Edit: LIKE THIS - Belgium-brutalist-bunker-airbnb-002.jpg

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    With that dresser being 236lbs I do not like how the legs end in little edges, versus having a flat face to rest on. I would worry they could dent/damage the floor if it's hardwood, vinyl or similar. I would put something between them and the floor as a buffer.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular

FACE TO THE CUBE

THE CUBE IS THE ART

There needs to be a spraypainted nature mural on one wall.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'd hire someone to carve some bas relief faces into holes on the table that can be perfectly concealed by dishes.

• Options
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Shoe storage is something that I'll have to address, but I can figure that part out easily enough (basically clearing out some room in my closet).

The grey exterior is actually 3/4 inch concrete. So it'll likely be pretty smooth with the exception of some natural pitting and the like. It's a local group of stores that have it and the one closest to me has it in storage but not on display for me to see, so I'm going to have to truck myself out to East LA tomorrow to see it in person before I commit.

Oh shit I thought it was some really gnarly looking wood but now all I want is my very own concrete dresser

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Concrete, Steve, you fucking goober

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular

FACE TO THE CUBE

THE CUBE IS THE ART

... nah, that ain't for me.

You go ahead, that one's all yours.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    I want everything in that picture but the doofy stools

edit and the wall art

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Concrete, Steve, you fucking goober

Well... you're not wrong.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I want everything in that picture but the doofy stools

edit and the wall art

The wall art would be much better if it weren't hanging upside down.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Give me a house of exquisite wood of different trees.

I should feel like a wood elf in it.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    That concrete and teak room looks like part of a level from Doom or Wolfenstein 3D

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    All I can say is that when I see folks talking about sturdy furniture I think of this MacHall from 16 years ago.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I don't love the color of the wood on that chest of drawers but the rest of it is lovely - the proportions, the concrete, the design of the feet. Minimalist 'scandi' furniture is so up my alley, it is my alley

I get really picky about the color of wood and wood stains though

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    okay well now I am deeply curious what you all think of the new dresser I just bought:

I think it's beautiful. :P Love that it has that minimalist Scandi look (also up my alley!) and it also replaced an ancient 1/2 size IKEA dresser, and I love that it has some natural wood grain on the front and has brass-gold hardware.

modernist-wood-lacquer-6-drawer-dresser-winter-wood-o.jpg