As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Kirby will save us all.

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Wait what the fuck, why does the music part of the Smash Bros Ultimate site have Vega's stage theme from Street Fighter?

Edit - Oh my goodness it's so pretty. <3

Why wouldn't it?

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I like Pokémon Trainer returning.

But does this mean Charizard has lost either Rock Smash or Flare Blitz?

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Wait what the fuck, why does the music part of the Smash Bros Ultimate site have Vega's stage theme from Street Fighter?

Edit - Oh my goodness it's so pretty. <3

Why wouldn't it?
    I forgot about Ryu for a moment.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/INk1W8OujQI

Mario's video confirms a New Donk City stage with Pauline and her band playing in the background.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    With Snake returning and Bomberman assist trophy, looks like Konami is really on board

I wonder if there might be
    Anyone else

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Remember the leak that said that all characters were coming back and said that Ridley, snake, and the Ice Climbers would be shown off in the direct also said that Simon Belmont would be announced. I could see that being a rather popular character to announce at the Invitational, just saying...

Aye, that leak looks legit af. Super hyped. I hope he gets announced.

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    I'm going to be genuinely upset it the character select screen is organized in the same order as fighters are listed on the site.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    They got music up on the main site and it's very goooood.

More added regularly! Niiiice.

Edit: Looks like Sakurai's gone bananas with guest composers again.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    God, I love all the new versions of Final smashes. Ness and Lucas's finals look so much better just because of the cameos.

• Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    God, I love all the new versions of Final smashes. Ness and Lucas's finals look so much better just because of the cameos.

I was so happy to see Paula, Poo, Kumatora, and Boney!

Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I love the new launch momentum. Looks like it'll speed up matches some by lowering airtime on strong knockback attacks. It'll have to be seen if it messes with combos/strings, but it seems to only really be pronounced when the hit launches you far.

• Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    With Snake returning and Bomberman assist trophy, looks like Konami is really on board

I wonder if there might be
    Anyone else

PACHINKO MACHINE
    drops the ball!

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Goodbye landmaster Final Smash and good riddance!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Very excited about those directional air dashes
    Could it possibly be....that technique...?

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Very excited about those directional air dashes
    Could it possibly be....that technique...?

Seems like air dodges still have a fair amount of landing lag, but that would still be useful. Especially for movement on platforms. Need to see if you can still cancel landing lag by slipping forward off platforms.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    To everyone who shot down my dreams of Ridley in Smash for the past decade+ because "he's too big it would be impossible"...

Suck on that, nerds

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    I wonder how the competitive circuit thinks of there now being an easy input for short hops.

• Options
    I wonder how the competitive circuit thinks of there now being an easy input for short hops.

It’s great

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Yooooo.

ROB's down-throw now embeds the victim in the ground. (Ref: the character video on the Smash site.)

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Oh good someone had the same idea I did:

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular

I in no way represent the competitive Smash community as a whole, but it seems fine to me. I'm all for making games more accessible, and that was something that I know some new players had issues with. And it's completely a non-issue if they handle it the same way they did with A+B smashes, where you could just turn it off in your controller configuration if you wanted.

• Options
    Heh, you need to see Jiggly's final smash in the character video. Now, when she puffs up, she looks angry... and when she deflates, she looks, uh, relieved.

• Options
    Ooooh, some character videos have hints of new/returning stages, and a few have new music -- Bowser has a reworked version of his theme from Mario 3.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I'd imagine Kirby copying Ridley would give him a monster hunter-like Ridley plate helmet since most of the non-humanoid characters he's copied before gave him creepy animal-like pelt hats of like pikachu and jiggs.

• Options
    Oh my god, Falco's character video has a fantastic scene in it I won't spoil.

Basically you need to see ALL the videos.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    You know what? Rather than just drop 'em all in here individually, let me just emphatically recommend going to the fighter gallery at the official Smash site and watching all the videos. Every character's got something new, and there's some interesting tidbits here and there... like Krystal showing up in Fox's video.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular

I was never a fan of Giga Bowser because he looked too monstrous. Like, it didn't look like something from the Mario universe. Really happy with the new version.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Ah, sneaky Sakurai, I see how you put the characters from your Kirby games and your Kid Icarus game first in the Brawl series in the character numbers.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    ss_5.jpg

• Options
    Important: will we get Snake Codecs and/or Palutena Guidance again this time?

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Yo Daisy is here! Everything else is secondary. Daisy is here to wreck your lives.

Daisy, y'all.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Magicant!

78JSo8l.png?1

• Options
    I’m told fourside was visible during the bowser jr part of the direct

I would guess that every old stage is back

CD World Tour status:
  • Options

Given he went bananas with characters, I wouldn't bet against that.

...the stage select screen is going to be a gigantic mess, isn't it?

• Options
    ZELDA HAS A HILDA COLOR.

Man. This version of Zelda may be my favorite yet in Smash Bros.

She's so damn expressive and cheerful.

• Options
    ZELDA HAS A HILDA COLOR.

Man. This version of Zelda may be my favorite yet in Smash Bros.

She's so damn expressive and cheerful.

It's great that they went with the A Link Between Worlds version, I love that look.

(although I was secretly hoping for her Hyrule Warriors outfit)

• Options
    Gabondorf swords with every Smash attack now, looks like.

Oh, and Warlock Punch has Super armor all the way through. So either get out of his way or GET PUNCHED.

• Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Given he went bananas with characters, I wouldn't bet against that.

...the stage select screen is going to be a gigantic mess, isn't it?

The character select screen already will be, so why not stages? This entire game is a gigantic mess -- a gigantic, beautiful mess, as it should be.

• Options
    Smash is back on Treehouse Live, doing an in-depth look at the Inkling.

• Options
    ...crap, this probably means we'll get to collect every trophy that's ever been in Smash Bros.

This discussion has been closed.