Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[pbp]Hunger of the Beast[ToA]

11718192123

Posts

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    EDIT: Oops, Har can't react because she can no longer see the drake.

    @discrider Har's turn!

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Top of page map
    ivg9a0rsei4w.png

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited May 10
    @Xagar Would [Shimmering Veil] block the actual Blind effect on Aub?


    Edit: Maybe a better question is, outside the cloud, can we just not see/target anything inside it?

    AustinP0027 on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited May 10
    @Xagar Would [Shimmering Veil] block the actual Blind effect on Aub?
    Edit: Maybe a better question is, outside the cloud, can we just not see/target anything inside it?
    Looks like you already figured it out - the cloud blocks vision so you can't target things inside it with skills that require sight (most but not all of them). If you are adjacent to a vision blocker, you can see into that tile (Right now Victor can see into that bottom left corner, E13).

    Note that areas can extend into and pass through the cloud. For example, Victor could use Waters of Life on E13:F12. The drake's Fire Breath could pass right through it.

    I should also make clear that the cloud and other things created with skills are constructs, and can be targeted (and removed if successful) with attacks that inflict dispel like Har's Purging Grasp.

    Xagar on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Har thinks she has the drake worked out,as she nocks another arrow.
    It's just as she leads her target that the beast belches its black smoke.
    Har curses.

    She slips past Victor as her eyes glow blue.
    'F we're not pullin' him out of this lot, then all we can do is this.'
    With a swift irate backhand motion, Har slashes a line of dense mist through the smoke cloud, settling the ash as it spreads through the sewer.

    Geth roll 1d10 for Purging Grasp.
    Har is immediately north of Victor.
    @Xagar

    Purging Grasp:
    1d10 4 [1d10=4]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    joshgotroXagar
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited May 11
    I suppose a cloud could have a reflex too?
    Geth roll 1d10

    1d10 4 [1d10=4]

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited May 11
    Nah, you were correctly only rolling for the effect.

    The ash disappates, driven away by mist, swirling past the broken gate and filling the tunnel with the sharp smell of brine.

    @AustinP0027 Victor's Reposition/turn!

    Xagar on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Victor decided to move closer as Har engages again. Raising another light orb, he launches it at Aub.
    Move 3 North as part of Reposition
    New turn- Cast [Deliverance] on Aub, heal 4 hp
    Save movement again
    @joshgotro

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited May 11
    Victor decided to move closer as Har engages again. Raising another light orb, he launches it at Aub.
    Move 3 North as part of Reposition
    New turn- Cast [Deliverance] on Aub, heal 4 hp
    Save movement again
    @joshgotro
    uhhhhhh watch the blast radius?
    Maybe don't put us all in the same 4x4

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited May 11
    Everyone gets one free "I didn't think about the consequences of my actions" takeback per encounter (including me). Pretty much this applies to movement and it's a bit too late if you already rolled.

    Xagar on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    @Xagar Did Aub lose Blind now that the cloud is gone?

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    @Xagar Did Aub lose Blind now that the cloud is gone?

    It remained, but Victor cleansed her.

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Round 9
    xwlc5em47mfa.png

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    edited May 11
    Aub uses Steady Stance (active), Stand Firm readied (reaction) and Focused Defense East.

    @Xagar The way I'm reading Steady Stance, this means the drake can't get passed me correct?

    joshgotro on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Aub uses Stand Stance (active), Stand Firm readied (reaction) and Focused Defense East.

    @Xagar The way I'm reading Steady Stance, this means the drake can't get passed me correct?
    Yep, unless it has some way to remove a buff it's stuck in there. In the upcoming Fire Breath, you're going to have to choose whether to keep your Steady Stance or dash with Stand Firm to block some damage for Victor.

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    Keep Steady Stance

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    While you choose that, things happen offscreen...

    Geth, roll 4d10 for attack roll, effect roll, attack roll #2, attack roll #3.

    attack roll, effect roll, attack roll #2, attack roll #3:
    4d10 12 [4d10=1, 2, 5, 4]

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited May 11
    The drake tries its hardest to shove Aub aside, but she does not budge an inch, her boots passing through the mud on the bottom of the stream to brace against rock underneath. Stymied, it spews another wave of flames over the party, quickly followed by an arrow from Har.
    Aub takes 4 damage. (Fire Breath 14 Deflect -4 Focused Defense -4 Steady Stance-2) (Deflect is 1 better than Stand Firm so using that instead)
    Victor takes 7 damage, and 2 damage from the steam.
    Har takes 7 damage, and 2 damage from the steam.
    The drake takes 3 damage from Har's Lunge.
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Victor Health check
    Geth, roll 1d10+2 for Har Health check

    Victor Health check:
    1d10+4 8 [1d10=4]
    Har Health check:
    1d10+2 9 [1d10=7]

    Xagar on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    @discrider Har's turn!

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited May 12
    Har coughs, pushing ash out and the fresher dank air in.
    'Couldn' do tha' the other way round, could we?', Har grimaces, before loosing another arrow at the beast, and then pulling back (to D14).

    Geth roll 1d10 for Execute

    Execute:
    1d10 7 [1d10=7]

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Victor continues moving forward after taking the blast of flame. Coughing, he got himself to the other side of Aub and spun around, firing off a ball of light at Har this time, extending healing energy to the woman to quickly help patch up the pain they were all hit with by the drake’s breath. Victor ignored his own pain to focus on his companions. They were the ones who would be able to actually complete this fight so he needed to do everything he could to keep them up and moving.
    Don’t need attack result for me to go.



    Using reposition movement to move to D7.
    New turn:
    Cast Deliverance on Har. Heals Har for 4

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    @joshgotro once Xagar resolves Har’s attack

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Again, most of the force of Har's arrow is absorbed by the beast's plating.
    Exectue 7d Spellbreaker Armor -6d = 1 damage

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Round 10
    zy2214pl6ima.png
    @joshgotro Colonel/Aub's turn!

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    Colonel stays put.

    Aub uses Measured Strike, Stand Firm readied, and Focused Defense East.

    Geth roll 1d10 for Violence

    @Xagar

    Violence:
    1d10 1 [1d10=1]

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Aub's strike bounces harmlessly off the drake's plating.

    Geth, roll 3d10 for offscreen attack rolls

    offscreen attack rolls:
    3d10 17 [3d10=7, 7, 3]

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    edited May 13
    It's pretty great these garbage rolls are fitting for a first time flame beast fight. Also ugh.

    Edit: This should not be read negatively. I love it.

    joshgotro on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    You probably should have used Quake Stomp to lower its Reflex instead.

    It's actually kind of ironic you blew its reaction here - Har has finally zeroed in her Piercing Thrust (which, by the way, she should have been using every round instead of Execute) so it isn't even relevant this round.

    Xagar on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    The drake does a bite....which scrapes harmlessly off of Aub's shield.
    Har fires another retaliatory arrow.
    Chomp: 12d, stagger (fail) -4 deflect -4 focused def -2 steady stance = 2 (plating threshold) = 0 damage!
    Boy aren't tanks fun? This encounter would be SO much harder without one.
    Geth, roll 2d10 for attack roll, effect roll.

    attack roll, effect roll:
    2d10 11 [2d10=10, 1]

    Xagar on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    @discrider Har's turn!

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Xagar wrote: »
    You probably should have used Quake Stomp to lower its Reflex instead.

    It's actually kind of ironic you blew its reaction here - Har has finally zeroed in her Piercing Thrust (which, by the way, she should have been using every round instead of Execute) so it isn't even relevant this round.
    ?
    Oh right, it's unblockable normally.
    I thought the smoke prevented me from hitting three turns in a row though?
    Don't I have another turn to go?

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Xagar wrote: »
    You probably should have used Quake Stomp to lower its Reflex instead.

    It's actually kind of ironic you blew its reaction here - Har has finally zeroed in her Piercing Thrust (which, by the way, she should have been using every round instead of Execute) so it isn't even relevant this round.
    ?
    Oh right, it's unblockable normally.
    I thought the smoke prevented me from hitting three turns in a row though?
    Don't I have another turn to go?
    Oh right, I forgot about the smoke turn. Anyway, it is your turn now.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Har sizes up the giant lizard.
    Waiting until Aub has it distracted, Har lets fly again, hoping the plating can't catch this arrow too.

    She then backs up behind Colonel, out of range of the fire (D16)

    Geth roll 1d10 for Execute now the lizard has no reaction

    @Xagar @AustinP0027

    Execute now the lizard has:
    1d10 5 [1d10=5]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    After so many strikes that chipped away, it's almost a surprise that you landed a solid hit, causing a hiss to emit from the lizard. You think that actually hit something important, what with the blood leaking out into the water.
    7 damage!
    The drake is at 50%.

    @AustinP0027 Victor's Reposition/Turn!

    Xagar on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Round 11
    1qhby4x57xd1.png

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Har moves further out of range of the group, leaving Victor to focus on Aub. The Radiant focuses differently this time, pushing more positive energy onto Aub, surrounding her with a bright flash of light. “Take that you stupid Drake.” , he whispers to himself.
    No movement with reposition.

    Cast [Aura Flash] on Aub

    Geth, roll 1d10 for Aura Flash the Drake

    Holding move again.

    Aura Flash the Drake:
    1d10 8 [1d10=8]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    @Xagar for drake oppose

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    @AustinP0027 You need to roll another one, not sure whether that was supposed to be your attack or effect roll.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Damn sorry, I read that rule a couple times but was sure if I needed the attack part or just the effect part.

    That can be attack, this can be effect.
    Geth, roll 1d10 for Now you see me

    Now you see me:
    1d10 2 [1d10=2]

Sign In or Register to comment.