As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everybody get up, it's time to Ham now [Overwatch]

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    SirToasty wrote: »
    her healing is a lot less reliable though. Lucio can heal whenever, under any circumstance. outside of the chaos melee that is GOATS Brig’s healing evaporates if she can’t get in and melee

Right but Brig being able to get in and hit things in a GOATs comp is 100% guaranteed.

...yes? that’s why i said “outside of GOATS”?

The point being if you nerf Brig to break GOATS you might as well delete the character because she’s already not great in any meta where fighting happens at any sort of range.

My bad I completely missed that part of your comment.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    musta been a helluva halftime peptalk

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    I don't necessarily disagree, but they ARE facing off against the Excel for their very first OWL match
    Yeah but Paris was able to rout the previous league champs.

I'd argue that says more about Paris than it does Washington. Let's also remember that London was fifth in terms of overall wins last season. They pulled through to win the championship, but I would not describe them as consistently dominating.

This is also a good time to get @Shorty in here to discuss London's consistent playstyle.

As a Houston fan I can vouch for London's inconsistency. Houston who finished 8th I think went 4-1 against London, only losing in stage 1 playoffs.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    musta been a helluva halftime peptalk
    It wasn't looking good at the start either because Justice were just hiding in that side room off the point. Then they just... got out there and played.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    move over riptire, there's a new ultimate tire in town

https://clips.twitch.tv/TacitExuberantTapirBibleThump

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    My goodness that's a good bounce back.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular

Sign that tire immediately
    My goodness that's a good bounce back.

lol unintentional pun

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    My favorite part about that clip is how Pharah's POV just tilts to the side.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Being a London fan was actually pretty harrowing outside of the first part of the season

Their dive performance was top notch and Profit is one of the best flex dps players in the league but as a whole they had very little in-game flexibility--the instant a team identified and countered their strats, the match was over

Very few of their losses were close and they basically got exposed by Houston, Boston, and LAG

• Options
    That quad kill on D.Va's ult wasn't that impressive; it took two CC ults to setup.

• Options
    Yeah, but it was spectacular.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how I feel about the two new casters. They're not bad, but whichever one loses his shit at every multi kill and peaks his microphone could stand to tone it down a touch.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Brig's weakness at lower ranks is that her lower hp/s heals arent great when combined with players that aren't good at protecting themselves from damage, or at grouping up. None of her nerfs have really changed that basic element.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I think my favorite part of this meta is when you get a messy brawl and then both Luicos boop separating the sides into clear lines like its a break in some anime fight.

Baidol on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    It'd be nice if the balanced the game for the actual population and not for the 1% of players at the top also.

It's an esport, they have to balance for the top. But they don't seem to even know how to do that now, they're just desperately throwing ideas out there like the armor nerf and the DM nerf, and the McCree and Reaper buffs. It's done almost nothing to 3-3 comps in pro play, meanwhile Reaper is tearing up Gold Plat and Diamond and I can barely persuade anyone to play a 2nd tank with me.

Ya that's my main problem with it. Everything us for league now. But every patch for league quetimes go up more because it's killing the main population.

They push league so hard and push the game itself so little.

But ya each change for league breaks the gameplay for the rest of us.

And it's especially tiring when I couldn't care less about league.

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    washington admitted defeat in their hearts, and lost their ability to press W

DsjnPrtW0AIjv7Z.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

I've loved these tires for a long time. My favorite thing on defense is to put a symm turret on each one then get them swinging.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I hate this Goat Festival.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Now THAT was a great D.Va ult. Spark looking good.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Guxue is amazing

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    chinese teams in general seem a lot less beholden to goats, they were fielding 3+ dps comps at like the contenders level way before anyone else iirc

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    hell yeah spark

their tank line is bonkers

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    That was a good match.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Man I gotta say, I was worried about this season with goats and all, but even though it's been showing up a lot, it's not as much as I was afraid of, and with or without it nearly all of the matches this week have been hype as hell. It's too early to tell, but it looks like there's a lot more skill parity in most of the league than last year (other than the expected outliers) and I've been pretty happy with the comp variety so far. I don't mind if goats is the go-to for certain teams on certain maps as long as it's not the exact same comp on every map, which it looks like it won't be. Even among goats comps there's starting to be more variety, which I'm digging.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    All I want is Shanghai to win one match

That's all

Please

I don't ask for much

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Well, they play Dallas in a couple weeks (and then again the next week).

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    her healing is a lot less reliable though. Lucio can heal whenever, under any circumstance. outside of the chaos melee that is GOATS Brig’s healing evaporates if she can’t get in and melee

Right but Brig being able to get in and hit things in a GOATs comp is 100% guaranteed.

...yes? that’s why i said “outside of GOATS”?

The point being if you nerf Brig to break GOATS you might as well delete the character because she’s already not great in any meta where fighting happens at any sort of range.

In regards to this, I'm reminded of when they implemented the no dupes(?) rule because every pro team just ran 2 Winston/Tracer/Lucio.

• Options
    So minus the Dallas one, tomorrow's schedule looks pretty solid as far as matches go. No foregone conclusions, I mean. Granted this is week one and maybe Dallas will turn it up too. I hope. Also hoping for Frisco to win their match.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Henroid wrote: »
    So minus the Dallas one, tomorrow's schedule looks pretty solid as far as matches go. No foregone conclusions, I mean. Granted this is week one and maybe Dallas will turn it up too. I hope. Also hoping for Frisco to win their match.

I'm leaning really hard toward Philly putting it to Atlanta. ATL beat up on Florida pretty hard but nobody had high hopes for them anyway, and I think Philly is as solid a team as there is in the league in terms of teamwork and coordination. I definitely hope it's close, but my money's on Fusion. I'm thinking the other two non-Fuel matches should be close, though I'm rooting for the Gladiators over Shock. I'm not a GLA fan specifically, but I like them as a team and I'd rather not see them go down 0-2 right out of the gate.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    presented without comment

https://youtu.be/vGac3a_Pnbs

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I don't think I posted this from last week.

https://youtu.be/W5aUJY_lD2U

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Unrelated, since OWL is on Disny XD tomorrow, the bartender at the bar that I used to work said he'd put it on the TV. That will be interesting.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    The Spark are making me a fan with these things.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I like playing Brig!

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    This is an excellent start.

• Options
    That was winnable for Houston if they had turned around and kill the Lucio.

• Options
    The end of map 2 for Houston vs Boston was hype as fuck, well done Boston.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    That was winnable for Houston if they had turned around and kill the Lucio.

I got to yell this at a TV in a bar. What a time we live in.

EDIT: There is a promo on Disney XD which I mistook for a Venture Brothers spot and I was very confused for a moment.

Tonkka on