As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everybody get up, it's time to Ham now [Overwatch]

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Henroid wrote: »
    Damn that sleep dart was lucky as fuck.

Not lucky. Jehong is actually that good with Ana.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    AKM!!!

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    It was a long time before I realized the Mayhem logo had a palm tree for the fuse.

Edit: Also the Paris Eternal's cock is shaped like an infinity sign.

Brutal J on
  • Options
    I think OWL might be an anime, guys.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Today was a super good day of OWL. The only team I really cared about was the Gladiators so I was happy with how that turned out, and all the others were super entertaining. Very pumped about the rest of this season!

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Brutal J wrote: »
    It was a long time before I realized the Mayhem logo had a palm tree for the fuse.

Edit: Also the Paris Eternal's cock is shaped like an infinity sign.

DC's logo is also Soldier's facemask and has a w and the Washington monument worked into it.

GZ's logo creates a lightning bolt with negative space.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Other things just came up so I missed Dallas vs Seoul. Holy moly, Dallas won?

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »
    I love that the casters only call goats the "3-3 composition".

that's because we've been calling comps 2-2-2 forever, no reason to give it a specific name.

goats doesn't describe anything at all about the composition, especially when you're changing out the tanks constantly.

Uh, I said I enjoyed it.

EDIT: Sorry, I "loved" it, and it was not meant as sarcastic. I genuinely like that they cast without that kind of terminology.

I disappeared, but yeah, apologies, I definitely read that "I love it" as sarcasm. My bad!

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Other things just came up so I missed Dallas vs Seoul. Holy moly, Dallas won?

Yup, and they did so pretty convincingly. Meanwhile, despite the loss I was happy to see that Ryujehong is still an absolute beast on Ana. Multiple sick-ass sleep darts during the match.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Found out last night, the UI supports the ability to display at least 12 players per team. We were in an MH match and my friend had the menu open to look at the comps right when the entire enemy team left and got replaced, and for a bit, it showed portraits for both sets of players on the other team.

BR mode inc? ;)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I was going to run away, but then I remembered that lifesteal was a thing.
    https://youtu.be/Y1t1zq7xOjQ

And of course I can't hit the Hammond at close range. Still getting used to having all of these frames.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Paris and health priority changes are now live.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Well, I played the new map. It's a lot like Anubis in structure, but point B isn't as bad.

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf27AdA6NTo

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Little bit sad that this wasn't Lifesaver Potg

https://youtu.be/1poT6f-5-RE

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am not fond of the new map I know it's new for a lot of people but I am tired for getting Attack as no one goes in as a team and picks usually defensive characters for it?]
    There is no payload or such

The long walk you have to do on defense for point A is really I feel an oversight you have no time to set up and people don't I think know where Point A is

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Point A attack is easy. Just pick Hammond

Edit: this sounds snarky but he's seriously busted for point a. Just swing over the roof from spawn and you are on point then just mad swing around once on point and dare them to come near you and the giant cliff.

WiseManTobes on
  • Options

Edit: this sounds snarky but he's seriously busted for point a. Just swing over the roof from spawn and you are on point then just mad swing around once on point and dare them to come near you and the giant cliff.

It's been Bastion on D so he chews up the ham with ease

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

It's been Bastion on D so he chews up the ham with ease

Can trick him too. Those two pillars are great cover too. Hook on one and put it between you repeat til he tries to move to a spot you can get an angle to send him on

If nothing else that game usually pulls more back to allow rest thru the choke too.

• Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Only played a handful of matches on Paris attack, but if the defenders set up a good choke defense the answer in my experience is to just run/speed boost right past it.

• Options
    Well I did it I won one as attack and as the healer!
    https://youtu.be/7SGnApMB5TQ

• Options
    (Posting this to both SE and G&T)

So Winston's Lab has a pretty neat little fantasy section where you can (among other things) make percentage-based predictions on upcoming OWL matches, and if you have a login it'll track your results and throw them up on a public scoreboard. You can make changes all the way up until the game starts, so it's pretty easy/flexible. I figured there might be a few OWL fans interested in giving it a try. Go to https://www.winstonslab.com/fantasy/ and pick OWL Stage 1 Predictions to get started.

Here are my predictions for this coming week!

30% Justice / 70% Spitfire
    90% Fusion / 10% Mayhem
    40% Charge / 60% Fuel
    80% Dynasty / 20% Hunters
    70% Reign / 30% Defiant
    60% NYXL / 40% Valiant
    40% Dragons / 60% Uprising
    10% Outlaws / 90% Spark
    40% Gladiators / 60% Eternal
    70% Fusion / 30% Fuel
    90% Titans / 10% Charge
    60% Hunters / 40% Mayhem
    70% Spark / 30% Spitfire
    90% NYXL / 10% Outlaws
    30% Defiant / 70% Valiant
    60% Titans / 40% Shock

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    100% Dragons every week don't @me

(I'll probably do this tomorrow)

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    When your team is like, "Huge shatter!" but you know it was really just because the enemy Rein doesn't know how to press the back button...

https://youtu.be/BB9niYlL9rg

But then when you actually make nice plays there's never anyone around to see it:
    https://youtu.be/YpK462KaXCs
    https://youtu.be/VTAUGYmiTTg
    https://youtu.be/f3WvVzEEe2U

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    So your hook can just sense Sombra, right?

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    dang those are some clutch reads

i had the benefit of discord for these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5RwXpCON0s
    https://youtu.be/BM52QUyWeyI

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Tonight, the PA crew comes up on defense on Eichenwald against a smurf six-stack who runs GOATS. We get rolled on Point A, put up a couple of fights on Point B, and have five minutes for Point C.

https://youtu.be/P1aOs0eKZGA

They left and then got re-queued with us immediately on Eichenwald attack. They picked GOATS. We won again. They did manage to beat us on Volskaya attack after they left and got matched with us a third time.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
  • Options
    nice Trungles shoutout

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I know better than to underestimate Baptiste. I helped train him myself, and he was one of our best. I’ve never known a medic to be such a good shot, and his adaptability to new situations is a rare talent. All of us have seen our fair share of conflict, but Baptiste was built to survive. I swear he has the Devil’s own luck.

Oh ho ho yes plz give it to me now

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Please be good. Please don't fuck up the game balance for months.

Please I need this.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Alternately the next update will be some Talon heavy destroying the fuck out of Baptiste, and whoops, we finally get a Talon tank hero

• Options
    Anyway, so Brig was teased and then immediately released onto PTR on Feb 21st (well technically you could consider her teased ever since the beginning of the game, she'd already been in canon for a long time). And then Orisa was first teased on Feb 21st, and released onto PTR on like March 2nd. So this is right in line for a new hero release.

• Options
    That description just makes me think he's got some kind of adaptive defense thing going on. Like the ability to switch from damage resistance, to knock back resistance, to cleansing. Could be some wild stuff incoming.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Keep in mind how they recently specifically patched the health priority of stuff like recoverable/non-recoverable shields and armor and health.

And they mentioned “non-recoverable health”

Was it determined somewhere what in-game that was? Or was that a prelude to a non-recoverable health generating character?

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Brig is a non recoverable health generating character

Recoverable health is whatever the character has by default for hp/armor/shields

Edit i think

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Brig generates non-recoverable armor sure, and Doomfist/Lucio generate non-recoverable shields.

But those patch notes from the other day explicitly talk about non-recoverable health and that's something that doesn't exist in game yet, even though they called it out directly.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Is there any difference mechanically between health hp and shield hp other than built in shields regenerating? Trying to figure what the point of non recoverable health is. Not effected by hax or something?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Perrsun wrote: »
    Keep in mind how they recently specifically patched the health priority of stuff like recoverable/non-recoverable shields and armor and health.

And they mentioned “non-recoverable health”

Was it determined somewhere what in-game that was? Or was that a prelude to a non-recoverable health generating character?

On the one hand it makes sense as a general goats healing nerf, and since they were making the change it makes sense to just sort of set up some general purpose rules about how stuff gets layered, even if they don't have specific plans for it yet.

OTOH we've had a fair number of patches about a seemingly minor thing, only for it then to make sense later on when a new hero is released.