As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everybody get up, it's time to Ham now [Overwatch]

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Brig generates non-recoverable armor sure, and Doomfist/Lucio generate non-recoverable shields.

But those patch notes from the other day explicitly talk about non-recoverable health and that's something that doesn't exist in game yet, even though they called it out directly.

I assumed those all fall under the banner of non recoverable health

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Brig generates non-recoverable armor sure, and Doomfist/Lucio generate non-recoverable shields.

But those patch notes from the other day explicitly talk about non-recoverable health and that's something that doesn't exist in game yet, even though they called it out directly.

I assumed those all fall under the banner of non recoverable health

What we're saying is that they specifically mentioned them separately.
    Is there any difference mechanically between health hp and shield hp other than built in shields regenerating? Trying to figure what the point of non recoverable health is. Not effected by hax or something?

It would not be affected by hacking presumably. Not recoverable with no regeneration or damage resistance but also no hacking or molten core damage increase.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    One thing I'd like to see on another healer is Ana's anti-health ability, but packaged differently enough to make it unique. Ana's anti-health is a long-cooldown, slow projectile, AoE burst ability that can be shield-blocked or DM-eaten, so maybe something that's easier to apply, shorter cooldown, but single target and doesn't last as long. Something like that might lead to a rebirth of dive or assassin comps that focus on skipping around/over 3-3 comps to get specific, targeted kills but with a small window of success.

The details of it might not be perfect, but I think that's a really cool ability with a lot of strategic potential while still allowing for counterplay, so I'd love to see it on another character (while keeping it different enough to keep Ana unique).

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    One thing I'd like to see on another healer is Ana's anti-health ability, but packaged differently enough to make it unique. Ana's anti-health is a long-cooldown, slow projectile, AoE burst ability that can be shield-blocked or DM-eaten, so maybe something that's easier to apply, shorter cooldown, but single target and doesn't last as long. Something like that might lead to a rebirth of dive or assassin comps that focus on skipping around/over 3-3 comps to get specific, targeted kills but with a small window of success.

The details of it might not be perfect, but I think that's a really cool ability with a lot of strategic potential while still allowing for counterplay, so I'd love to see it on another character (while keeping it different enough to keep Ana unique).

One idea I had a while back was "poison damage" that lowered your max HP for a while. So even if you have a healer on you, eventually you're going to run out of health.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Yeah that would be neat too! I think I just like the idea of more statuses that aren't CC/straight healing related. As far as debuffs go, I think all we have so far is discord and anti-heal. I feel like stuff like that makes things a little more strategic without just taking control away completely.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    The only idea worse than hammond

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    :rotate:

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Justice vs Spitfire would be funny, if it weren't so sad

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I'm sorry, Justice. I started watching and London started winning.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    justice might be a decent team once they get through their hazing this stage

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Florida vs Philly is next

...Time to go do laundry

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    the important thing is the team is taking it in stride and staying in high spirits

or, maybe they've just snapped

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Y'all what in the hell was that match? By the end it looked like two teams playing OW but Washington literally Luigi'd Busan Downtown.

• Options
    Kana wrote: »
    Florida vs Philly is next

...Time to go do laundry

Yeah about that...

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    The moustache is gone?!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Tonkka wrote: »
    The moustache is gone?!

The bolo tie lives on though

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Get the fuck out of here, is Philly throwing to Florida or something?

Henroid on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Apparently Fusion really needs Boombox...

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    That was pretty close from what I saw on the choppy feed on my phone.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Man if Florida wasn't choking hard Philly would be in trouble.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    How in the fuck

Does Carpe

Keep doing shit like that

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Man if Florida wasn't choking hard Philly would be in trouble.

I wouldn't say Florida is choking, more returning to their mean. A better team would have held that final defense on Numbani, but Philly is also basically the king of clutch.

• Options
    Although as I say that, they get a better attack time than Philly on Anubis. So what the fuck do I know?

• Options
    Good Anubis

• Options
    they tied? ahahahah, amazing

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    FOR ALL THE MARBLES

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I go do something else for an hour and this is what I come back to?! What is this world?

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Philly/Florida final score
    Was honestly not expecting Florida to win today. Real happy for them though.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    MARBLES CLAIMED

• Options
    :rotate:

• Options
    No excuses because Florida did play really well, but they were also missing Boombox on Zen and his replacement Elk really struggled. Got picked first in at least two fights on Route 66 alone (not his fight alone but coordination overall wasn't as good as it probably normally would be). That being said, Florida capitalized well and they should be able to beat a lot of the mid-to-low teams at least if they keep playing like this.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    No excuses because Florida did play really well, but they were also missing Boombox on Zen and his replacement Elk really struggled. Got picked first in at least two fights on Route 66 alone (not his fight alone but coordination overall wasn't as good as it probably normally would be). That being said, Florida capitalized well and they should be able to beat a lot of the mid-to-low teams at least if they keep playing like this.
    I feel bad for Elk, he's an outstanding support but he plays everything Neptuno plays normally, having to play Zen for your first OWL appearance is not the ideal scenario

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Shu is absurd on Ana.

• Options
    I feel bad for Elk, he's an outstanding support but he plays everything Neptuno plays normally, having to play Zen for your first OWL appearance is not the ideal scenario
    Yeah and according to his post-game tweet, he got subbed in literally two days ago. Two days notice to play a hero you don't main is a huge dang ask. Still, I think they'll bounce back and maintain their position in the top third of the league without much problem.

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    What a hold.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Before the season I was drawn to GZ mainly because of their colors. I think I've found a new team. My god Rio was heavy in that last fight.

• Options
    Also did anyone catch that Earthshatter bait by Rio? Disgusting!

• Options
    oofa doofa

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    The spirit of Kyky lives on.