As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Michael Cohen] Cohen cooperating conditionally, could connect POTUS

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    mojo that vid has the nword so I broke the embed

Gotta link to that stuff here only

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Apologies! Carry on.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Heartlash wrote: »
    august wrote: »
    Avenatti seems to think this will make it easier to get the president under oath. No idea how rwalstic this is though:

Avenatti is a sideshow. State and Federal prosecutors are doing the real work, here.

The President can be forced to testify in a civil case related to acts before said president took office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_v._Jones

Avenatti's a character but this case matters and could end up mattering A LOT

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Avenatti seems to think this will make it easier to get the president under oath. No idea how rwalstic this is though:

Avenatti is a sideshow. State and Federal prosecutors are doing the real work, here.

The President can be forced to testify in a civil case related to acts before said president took office.

That President was a Democrat. We'll see what happens if the issue comes up again.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »

That President was a Democrat. We'll see what happens if the issue comes up again.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Nixon?wprov=sfla1

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The Senior White House correspondent for Time magazine has one hell of a quote from Michael Cohen’s lawyer.

“If those payments were a crime for Michael Cohen, they why wouldn’t they be a crime for Donald Trump?”

As Stephen Colbert said, when your lawyer needs a lawyer... you need a lawyer.
    This is going to be the thing that triggers the next Trump Twitter temper tantrum. I can't wait.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Ain’t no law says a president cannot be indicted. Only that it hasn’t happened before.

Let’s break some fuckin norms

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Yeah the Cohen statement is huge. It's the first tangible (if not totally rock-solid) evidence that Trump committed any crimes during the campaign or since.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The Senior White House correspondent for Time magazine has one hell of a quote from Michael Cohen’s lawyer.

“If those payments were a crime for Michael Cohen, they why wouldn’t they be a crime for Donald Trump?”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/michael-cohen-attorney-donald-trump-directed-him-to-commit-a-crime
    Michael Cohen’s attorney, Lanny Davis, released the following statement Tuesday:
    “Michael Cohen took this step today so that his family can move on to the next chapter. This is Michael fulfilling his promise made on July 2nd to put his family and country first and tell the truth about Donald Trump. Today he stood up and testified under oath that Donald Trump directed him to commit a crime by making payments to two women for the principal purpose of influencing an election. If those payments were a crime for Michael Cohen, then why wouldn’t they be a crime for Donald Trump?”
    Looks like someone finally realized Trump doesn't believe in loyalty.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    How have they not dropped this civil case yet

• Options
    HiroconHirocon Registered User regular
    Yes, my non-expert opinion on the question "can the president be indicted" has always been "yes, of course he can, he's not above the law. Why is that a question that even needs to be asked?" I know removal from office is a political process, not a legal process, but removal from office and criminal prosecution/conviction/incarceration are separate things.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited August 2018

So far the story on this is "it's a plea deal, and not a guilty verdict from a jury, so therefore *mental gymnastics* it means nothing and it's not real news."

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Hirocon wrote: »
    Yes, my non-expert opinion on the question "can the president be indicted" has always been "yes, of course he can, he's not above the law. Why is that a question that even needs to be asked?" I know removal from office is a political process, not a legal process, but removal from office and criminal prosecution/conviction/incarceration are separate things.

Your non-expert opinion contradicts the official stance of the United States Department of Justice (that it has held since 1970).

Since the DoJ won't bring charges, there is no way to test it in court, outside of a State AG bringing charges against Trump.

• Options
    The official stance of the DoJ is policy that means nothing with regards to the law

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    The official stance of the DoJ is policy that means nothing with regards to the law

I mean, they would be the ones bringing the charges so....

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iprJLxVEtY

Right up there with this one.

My god, this pack of hypocritical assholes.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular

Because they're the defendants; Stormy is suing them for being shitty.

• Options
    BSoB wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »

I mean, they would be the ones bringing the charges so....

Individuals within the DoJ would be. It can indeed ignore its own policy (see Comey)

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Chyron on CNN is Trump thinks Cohen is a rat.

MSNBC also talking about Cohen.

FOX is jonesing on the illegal immigrant story.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

Man, I thought Cohen/Trump were suing to enforce the NDA and Stormy counter sued with an anti-slapp.

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Giuliani weighs in! And he lies through his teeth. Reuters report

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Oh, goody, I see today's events have drastically moved up the date that American Greed does an episode about Trump's bullshit.

From what I've seen it looks like very little of what was seized during that raid got deemed being covered by client/attorney privilege. So the feds probably got most of the good stuff and just having Cohen admit to what he has thus far, is a huge boon for them. It's likely going to put cause panic in the ranks of those involved and someone will fuck up even more.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Just Individual 1 who became president in January 2017.

It could be anyone!

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular

Just Individual 1 who became president in January 2017.

It could be anyone!

Just a person that got coffee

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

Being shitty before he was president specifically.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Moving this from the Mueller thread. Omarosa is dropping a video of Michael Cohen tonight, according to New York Times reporter Kenneth Vogel.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I'm willing to bet Rudy "I'm not a lawyer I just play one on TV" Giuliani (or a WH staffer under him) just did a search for "Trump" throughout the legal documents and he made his comment based on that. Because why read shit or apply any comprehension to what has been written?

• Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet Rudy "I'm not a lawyer I just play one on TV" Giuliani (or a WH staffer under him) just did a search for "Trump" throughout the legal documents and he made his comment based on that. Because why read shit or apply any comprehension to what has been written?

That or he’s just lying, since no Trump supporter will bother reading it.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    yeah I'd sooner believe just flat out full on lying.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

Why would they drop it?

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

Noise has a value all on its own.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »
    All of this stuff happening on one day seems too good to be true. I feel like I'm going to wake up from this dream at any moment.

I feel like the Omarosa n-word tape is going to leak tonight and everyone will forget about all this actual important stuff.
    Moving this from the Mueller thread. Omarosa is dropping a video of Michael Cohen tonight, according to New York Times reporter Kenneth Vogel.

Internal screaming intensifies.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Cohen's lawyer is essentially saying Cohen will continue dumping on Trump:

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Oh wow, those tweets are like 5 mins old. And there's another!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Where did Lanny Davis come from prior to Cohen association? I swear I've seen that name before.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    We’re gonna need a bigger popcorn bowl.

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    We’re gonna need a bigger popcorn bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nKXjJ7O0s4

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular

Man, I thought Cohen/Trump were suing to enforce the NDA and Stormy counter sued with an anti-slapp.

They tried to press the NDA in arbitration, not sure if it was before she challenged its legitimacy. She has since also filed a defamation suit over a tweet

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/30/politics/stormy-daniels-defamation-lawsuit/index.html

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    For some reason I don’t think Mike’s holding out for a pardon anymore.

This discussion has been closed.