As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Michael Cohen] Cohen cooperating conditionally, could connect POTUS

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    august wrote: »
    For some reason I don’t think Mike’s holding out for a pardon anymore.

It's a wise decision, to be honest.

• Options
    MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Where did Lanny Davis come from prior to Cohen association? I swear I've seen that name before.

Clinton’s impeachment defense lawyer (not kidding)

Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    DedmanWalkinDedmanWalkin Registered User regular
    So, does this mean we can now start calling Trump, "alleged criminal President Trump" without any legal liability? Should we just have all the news outlets start referring to him as such?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018

Preacher wrote: »
    Where did Lanny Davis come from prior to Cohen association? I swear I've seen that name before.

He was Bill Clinton's lawyer

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    How have they not dropped this civil case yet

Why would they drop it?

I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that the civil case was Trump suing for breach of NDA, and that there was a separate countersuit from Stormy that could be dropped if the NDA breach suit was dropped first.

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    It would appear from the photo used in conjunction with this headline that CBS News is struggling to keep up with everything that’s been happening today.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Oh god reality is imploding into itself isn't it.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    It would appear from the photo used in conjunction with this headline that CBS News is struggling to keep up with everything that’s been happening today.

The obvious conclusion is that Manafort is wearing a rubber mask and is actually either Cohen, Trump, or one of women.

• Options
    I feel like that’s some dark humor reference to how the Cohen plea eclipsed Manafort being found guilty on 44% of the charges against him

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I feel like with manafort now guilty in a court of law, it leads perfectly into this news. Cohen was facing so much time, on much more obvious and brazen charges is my feeling. And he knows way more about trump, and is more directly involved with trump.

why does this feel so perfectly like a specific part of a movie genre. Like the montage where everyone starts turning on the wolf of wall street character

does this only exempt him from certain crimes? Is he still on the hook for anything or is this a catchall immunity? Cos he must have something seriously big for them to wave all of his nonsense

• Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    I feel like with manafort now guilty in a court of law, it leads perfectly into this news. Cohen was facing so much time, on much more obvious and brazen charges is my feeling. And he knows way more about trump, and is more directly involved with trump.

why does this feel so perfectly like a specific part of a movie genre. Like the montage where everyone starts turning on the wolf of wall street character

does this only exempt him from certain crimes? Is he still on the hook for anything or is this a catchall immunity? Cos he must have something seriously big for them to wave all of his nonsense

I feel like he may have realized Trump wasn't going to help him anymore, and figured he'd do less time if he accepted it.

He might have been right.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    The president's attorney just gave sworn testimony that he was directed to commit a felony by the president.

...sorry, I just had to type that out so I could check it for errors. Holy fuck.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Prohass wrote: »

Manafort is pretty important in that he's directly connected to Trump's Russia involvement. It's just that not what the case of his that just finished was about.

Cohen seems to be more related to Trump's general everyday criminal activity.

shryke on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Really wondering what Lindsey Graham and other Republicans who have been trying to walk the line on this shit will have to say tomorrow.

august on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Really wondering what Lindsey Graham and other Republicans who have been trying to walk the line on this shit will have to say tomorrow.

Something cowardly, craven, and spineless, presumably.

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular

Very, very little, I’m assuming.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

you win a prize

• Options
    Monsieur TMonsieur T Registered User regular

No offense, but I've never wondered what Lindsay Graham had to say about anything.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular

"Eh. It's just locker room treason. No big."

• Options
    In a way I’m glad we’re all being honest that campaign finance violations don’t mean shit

Of course there’s also some delicious irony in the “family values” party ignoring the reason for those violations

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

you win a prize

Later, when collusion is proven: "Well, the campaign finance stuff didn't matter, why would this?"

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    it's so exhausting. our expectations for this administration started so low, and have been getting lower and lower all along to the point where i'm no longer sure we have the capacity to be sufficiently shocked to do anything about it. the goalposts are gonna keep moving.

at best all we can do is hope to grind down his approval rating enough to overcome the electoral disadvantage enough to eke out a narrow win

yuck

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    MuddBudd wrote: »

you win a prize

Later, when collusion is proven: "Well, the campaign finance stuff didn't matter, why would this?"

Breaking the law falls into partisan camps now

"I don't know what will come from breaking campaign finance law" HOW ABOUT CHARGES FOR BREAKING CAMPAIGN FINANCE LAW

Oh that will just fall into partisan camps. Because we're going to put it into partisan camps. It's not so much a fall as a controlled drop

Prohass on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited August 2018

you win a prize

This one's even worse/more craven

It's not Donald Trump's fault his campaign manager was a criminal! It's the government's!

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    “Thanks Obama”

-some asshole from South Carolina, probably

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    For some reason I don’t think Mike’s holding out for a pardon anymore.

Perhaps he's holding out for a pardon in true Trumpworld fashion: "pardon me or I'll spill more dirt."

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Moving this from the Mueller thread. Omarosa is dropping a video of Michael Cohen tonight, according to New York Times reporter Kenneth Vogel.

God, this is fucking annoying.

Either give your evidence to the special prosecutor and let him use it as he will, or just show us everything you’ve got all at once if you’re determined to make it public.

The slow trickle of recordings is just 100% designed to keep all eyes on Omarosa for as long as possible.

Fucking reality TV stars.

http://www.imgur.com/8YkfcVt

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    If Omarosa had anything, she’d have shown it first.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    This is really fascinating, Cohen's lawyer paints the picture of a man who is truly repentant, has realized how dangerous Trump truly is, and has determined to fix it by taking him down. Of course I don't quite believe all that, but from Cohen's perspective as a deeply corrupt man who is caught dead to rights, I can see some appeal of just confessing to everything to end all the stress and do something good for a change.

Realistically? He's just in it for the best plea bargain and his lawyer is spinning bullshit for publicity. And of course Cohen is furious that Trump left him out to dry. But maybe, just maybe, the truth is somewhere in between. It's okay to feel some optimism now and then everybody.

Zek on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    If Omarosa had anything, she’d have shown it first.

It was literally just a five second video of Cohen getting on Trump's plane in September 2016. I don't think he even said anything.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    If you wonder how the right wing news media is justifying this, Fox News has you covered:

Let he who has not committed campaign finance violations cast the first stone.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Break campaign finance law, bro

All the cool kids are doing it

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    "Everybody's doing it." How elementary school.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    You know who didn't break campaign finance law? The other candidate.

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    "Everybody's doing it." How elementary school.

Seriously this excuse doesn't fly with my toddler.

Can I get off this ride now? I think I'm done.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Monsieur TMonsieur T Registered User regular
    I am so greatful that the "what about" defense does not yet hold up in a court of law.

• Options
    The main difference between Republican campaign finance law violations and Democratic ones is the former exists.

The other difference is that the former are proven in actual courts instead of just being hollered about on TV.

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    I am still trying to understand what the fuck happened with Alan Dershowitz in these last few years that became such an aggressive defender of Trump.

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    If you wonder how the right wing news media is justifying this, Fox News has you covered:

Let he who has not committed campaign finance violations cast the first stone.

Can you believe these fucking people? Trying to elevate felonies into like, felonies! The fucking nerve!

• Options
    I am still trying to understand what the fuck happened with Alan Dershowitz in these last few years that became such an aggressive defender of Trump.

Reality TV bros. They bonded over their pathological need for cable news coverage.

This discussion has been closed.