As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Michael Cohen] Cohen cooperating conditionally, could connect POTUS

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Count 7 willful cause of unlawful corporate contribution June 2016-Oct. 2016

Count 8 excessive campaign contribution on Oct. 27, 2016

That's a doozy if you're looking for knock-on effects elsewhere.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    I like how Cohen is pleading guilty like the very moment we reached page 100 of the last thread on him, and also will probably be in front of a judge the moment Manafort hears his own verdicts. The reality simulation is humming along nicely today for whatever reason...

UH wow, so they literally got guilty verdicts at no joke the same exact moment in time, and they were both 8 counts? No really, please stop the simulation, I'd like to get off.

Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Wait, so Cohen has plead guilty to the exact same number of charges as Manafort was just found guilty of?

Reality's writers are fucking hacks.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Count 8 is undoubtedly the Stormy Daniels payment no? Is that the date it was on?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

Reuters is Reuters and didn't give any source for this.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Count 8 is undoubtedly the Stormy Daniels payment no? Is that the date it was on?

I think so? 7 & 8 implicate the Trump Campaign which might be a big deal going forward.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Bloomberg reporter:

I am way too excited about this.

• Options
    Manafort trial is amusing, but this is where the real news is.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular

NY Daily News reporter is more explicit... miscommunication?

Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    That's uh, significantly more than what I was expecting out of this plea deal.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    I still love them pretending not saying who the unnamed candidate is means anything.

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    I still love them pretending not saying who the unnamed candidate is means anything.

God damn you Jim Webb

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

Could be anyone, really. Lots of candidates.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited August 2018

I can't believe Hillary Clinton illegally gave Micheal Cohen all that money to keep Stormy Daniels from telling a bunch of lies about having sexual relations with Donald Trump.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Yeah I was gonna say, no way he pleads to the illegal payments without saying Trump made him do it.

• Options
    AP reporter:

So it looks like he is getting 46-63 months. He is out right now on $500k bail.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I am permitting myself the slightest of smiles at this news.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Trump is seriously gonna blast ass all over Twitter soon-ish

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I can't believe Hillary Clinton illegally gave Micheal Cohen all that money to keep Stormy Daniels from telling a bunch of lies about having sexual relations with Donald Trump.
    Saving this for posterity when it gets said unironically.

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    AP reporter:

So it looks like he is getting 46-63 months. He is out right now on $500k bail.

I think that the judge should have insisted on 46.1 to 48.2 months. Or possibly 62.98 to 65.85 months.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Sean...Hannity posts here...?

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    I like how Cohen is pleading guilty like the very moment we reached page 100 of the last thread on him, and also will probably be in front of a judge the moment Manafort hears his own verdicts. The reality simulation is humming along nicely today for whatever reason...

UH wow, so they literally got guilty verdicts at no joke the same exact moment in time, and they were both 8 counts? No really, please stop the simulation, I'd like to get off.

Trump folk do like 88

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »

Nope. There's a campaign rally in WV tonight.

This is being done live, on camera.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

Fucking William Weld *shakes head*

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »

Nope. There's a campaign rally in WV tonight.

This is being done live, on camera.

Damn this GMT time zone! Excuse me while I grab a bucket of coffee and all the popcorn in the country.

• Options
    What is the argument that Trump did nothing wrong by ordering Cohen to violate campaign finance law?

• Options
    What is the argument that Trump did nothing wrong by ordering Cohen to violate campaign finance law?

"Cohen is a liar"

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I can't get over that if you're talking about the male felon found guilty of 8 counts today you would have to specify which one. Oh the one who worked closely with the President? No, I need you to be more specific.

the fuck is this world.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I can't get over that if you're talking about the male felon found guilty of 8 counts today you would have to specify which one. Oh the one who worked closely with the President? No, I need you to be more specific.

the fuck is this world.

The 2018 writers are hacks.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    It could be Mike Pence, guys. *chortles, fades into the bushes Spicey style*

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Trump wasn't even a candidate back then. Pretty sure he was just a coffee boy.

• Options

Guardian reporter:

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »

Trump wasn't even a candidate back then. Pretty sure he was just a coffee boy.

Oh my god it's been Juan Valdez all this time it makes so much sense now

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular

NY Daily News reporter is more explicit... miscommunication?

So, any consequences for Trump for this being explicit?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I wonder if the timing was that Cohen had been given a plea deal and told the offer expired when the results of Manafort's case came out.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Avenatti seems to think this will make it easier to get the president under oath. No idea how rwalstic this is though:

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Avenatti is such a ridiculous carnival barker I forget that he's a real lawyer.

• Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Avenatti seems to think this will make it easier to get the president under oath. No idea how rwalstic this is though:

Avenatti is a sideshow. State and Federal prosecutors are doing the real work, here.

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
This discussion has been closed.