As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Old Thread.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Cirira wrote: »
    At this point do we even know if we'll get the SoM event? I see little reason for them to give it to us honestly.

I know that would suck for those folks wanting Randi, but I don't think SoM has any events or items tied to it like last time so I'm not sure why they'd give us another shot at it except 7* Randi.

The event was a new SoM themed raid, the original SoM event was an MK grind. Only the banners included content from other SD games. If they're giving us VP apropos of nothing, I'm sure we'll get SoM as well.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    At this point do we even know if we'll get the SoM event? I see little reason for them to give it to us honestly.

I know that would suck for those folks wanting Randi, but I don't think SoM has any events or items tied to it like last time so I'm not sure why they'd give us another shot at it except 7* Randi.

Probably the same reason we are getting VP. It's in the code already so they don't have to do as much work to push it out to us and limited time runs are where the money is at for SE. Since we can't use UoC tickets, whales gotta whale hard to get those STMR's. On the JP side, recent limited time units have all been really good (SOM, Xenogears, etc) to entice whales to pull.

For example, Angrim's STMR is a lightning 2-handed GS. It's basically made for Hyoh, but you'd need 4 of him on a split 5* banner and he's a limited unit so no STMR. Whales going to whale hard for that one.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Wait, Valkyrie Profile?

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. My reserves are rather fucking low after spending to get 7* Terra on the banner a bit ago, but Valkyrie Profile is amazing. And of course there's the simple issue that trying to get limited units in the 7* meta is stupid. I'm assuming Lenneth is the 5* involved?

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    Wait, Valkyrie Profile?

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. My reserves are rather fucking low after spending to get 7* Terra on the banner a bit ago, but Valkyrie Profile is amazing. And of course there's the simple issue that trying to get limited units in the 7* meta is stupid. I'm assuming Lenneth is the 5* involved?

Lenneth, Freya, Angrim. It's a 3 Rainbow banner, baby.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Wait, Valkyrie Profile?

There were 3 5* when VP hit Japan. They each got put on their own limited banner that ran for like 1-2 days solo. They also had something where each 5k lapis you spent gave them a ticket for a VP summon that required 5 tickets that I think let you pick a character? Who knows if we get the same thing.

Unless I'm misremembering and that was Xenogears.

Cirira on
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I keep thinking SoM is the one they have licensing issues with, but that's Chrono Trigger. I bet we'll see SoM as you guys indicated.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Wait, Valkyrie Profile?

Lenneth, Freya, Angrim. It's a 3 Rainbow banner, baby.

Ah, so quadruple stupid to pull, then. Bleh.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    They mentioned in the FFBE Updates video that the VP collab was for the release of the VP: Lenneth mobile game. So there is a reason we are finally getting it, even if the VP mobile game has been out for a while.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    They mentioned in the FFBE Updates video that the VP collab was for the release of the VP: Lenneth mobile game. So there is a reason we are finally getting it, even if the VP mobile game has been out for a while.

Delayed SoM remake for SoM raid. Or maybe they'll finally localize the SD trilogy for the Switch (pleasepleaseplease)

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Here's what JP got with the VP banners:

Note: Rainbows from featured banners are VP Units only.
    Note 2: Rainbow rates are likely to be 2% Featured/1% for the other two. (0.5%)

Banner 1: 1/22 17:00 ~ 1/24 23:59 JST

5★ Lenneth, 4★ Lucian, 3★ Jelanda

Banner 2: 1/25 00:00 ~ 1/27 23:59 JST

5★ Freya, 4★ Lucian, 3★ Jelanda

Banner 3: 1/28 00:00 ~ 1/30 23:59 JST

5★ Arngrim, 4★ Lucian, 3★ Jelanda

Banner 4: 1/31 00:00 ~ 23:59 JST

5★ Lenneth, 5★ Freya, 5★ Arngrim, 4★ Lucian, 3★ Jelanda

Step-Up

One lap PER scheduled banner.
    Only available for Banner 1, 2 & 3.

Step 1: 500 Lapis, 1 Pull, 1.5x 5★ Rates of Featured Banner 5★
    Step 2: 1000 Lapis, 2 Pulls, 5% Trust Moogle
    Step 3: 1500 Lapis, 4 Pulls, 2x 5★ Rates of Featured Banner 5★
    Step 4: 3000 Lapis, 6 Pulls, 10% Trust Moogle
    Step 5: 5000 Lapis, 11 Pulls, 5x 5★ Rates of Featured Banner 5★

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    2 major advantages if they keep it the same. Each banner has a single 5* unit and all rainbows are on banner only.

• Options
    Hopefully it is on banner rainbows only, it'll be the first time we see that for a limited banner I think. Hopefully, like in JP, limited banners stay that way. I wish the Halloween banner was also on banner rainbows only.

• Options
    But no guaranteed 5* units and they are limited to 1 lap, right?

• Options
    Hopefully it is on banner rainbows only, it'll be the first time we see that for a limited banner I think. Hopefully, like in JP, limited banners stay that way. I wish the Halloween banner was also on banner rainbows only.

Yeah, this setup would be perfect for the Halloween units as well. I just have a hard time imagining GUMI leaving this as is for the VP banner, let alone use it for others.

Tiphares wrote: »
    But no guaranteed 5* units and they are limited to 1 lap, right?

yep, the step up is 1 lap for each of the 3 individual banners with at best a 5x rate increase. The on banner only rainbows really help with that though. Not sure if they got a step up for the final banner with all 3.

• Options
    I'm pretty excited for the datamine this week. New unit kits, 7* kits for DRain, DLasswell and GLSakura. Also looking forward to the challenge boss next week, wonder what sort of goodies we can look forward to getting there.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I just want 7* GLS to be good. And I really hope to get my dupe GLS relatively painlessly. After that, I'll take a look and consider whether or not to pull for the new pair.

But, as things currently stand, I might finally spend some of my hoarded Lapis.

• Options
    I think hoarded lapis should be saved for meta-changing units, but I guess it really depends on your team comp and what you need to be able to clear content.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm at 60k right now and it's burning a hole in my pocket.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »
    I just want 7* GLS to be good. And I really hope to get my dupe GLS relatively painlessly. After that, I'll take a look and consider whether or not to pull for the new pair.

Hopefully she gets her own banner like last year so people actually pull on it and make some 7 stars.

Hope she gets a ton of passives too, she'll miss out on a lot of mag using her tm. Stuck at 100 mag vs potentially stmr rods, unmatched wizardry, rod mastery, dark bond, etc.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    The only collabs I want right now is Parasite Eve and Chrono Trigger.

• Options
    Zomro wrote: »

Hopefully she gets her own banner like last year so people actually pull on it and make some 7 stars.

Hope she gets a ton of passives too, she'll miss out on a lot of mag using her tm. Stuck at 100 mag vs potentially stmr rods, unmatched wizardry, rod mastery, dark bond, etc.

Yeah that's one thing that sucks with the 7* system. Characters that have weapons for TMR's tend to get screwed more than other types it seems.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »

Impressive! I'm at 18K right now and only a few tickets. As much as I really want to run these steps ups (1 Rem, 1 Zarg, and 1 LV away from STMR's), I really need to hoard till Christmas.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

Impressive! I'm at 18K right now and only a few tickets. As much as I really want to run these steps ups (1 Rem, 1 Zarg, and 1 LV away from STMR's), I really need to hoard till Christmas.

I may have bought a few bundles and haven't spent any lapis since Hyoh. It's brutal.

• Options
    I have Awoken Rain (6*) so unless Lilith's 7* blows his 7* out of the water, then the banner is a hard pass.

I will, however, try to get two Pirate Jakes.

• Options
    Bonus stage down, almost all missions. Only missed the second stage's supercite, so no big loss there. Went really smoothly with a team of:

Viktor for ST tanking/breaks
    CGFina
    6* Zarg
    Malphasie
    7* M.Ramza w/16k HP and around 900DEF/SPR and 75% resist to all elements except dark. Useful for soaking all sorts of things.
    Friend Malphasie.

M.Ramza is so good.

• Options
    Bonus stage down, almost all missions. Only missed the second stage's supercite, so no big loss there. Went really smoothly with a team of:

CGFina
    6* Zarg
    Malphasie
    7* M.Ramza w/16k HP and around 900DEF/SPR and 75% resist to all elements except dark. Useful for soaking all sorts of things.
    Friend Malphasie.

M.Ramza is so good.

Yeah, one of the reasons I don't really feel the need to pull for Lilith (also her sprite is uninspired). He's biggest weakness is dispel. So far it's only been on thresholds, which I can time. But once trials start using it more regularly, that CD is going to suck.

• Options
    I, too, completed the bonus stage. Barely any missions done because I still don't know how to fucking kill anything with an esper.

But my team was:

M Ramza (7*) stone throw, dispel, or ATK break.
    Basch magic cover, breaks, physical cover on the last boss.
    Ayaka (6*) healer stuff
    Tornado Barbie (7*) MP regen, tempest, tornado depending on the situation
    Estark (7*) Lordly Thrust all the things, maybe an atk break here or there.
    Friend Hyoh doing the things that Hyoh does.

• Options

CGFina
    6* Zarg
    Malphasie
    Friend Malphasie.

M.Ramza is so good.

Yeah, one of the reasons I don't really feel the need to pull for Lilith (also her sprite is uninspired). He's biggest weakness is dispel. So far it's only been on thresholds, which I can time. But once trials start using it more regularly, that CD is going to suck.

Oh yeah, it's gonna be a real pain. But for now he's rocking out pretty hard. And even then, he's a damn good provoke/physical cover tank as well so he's still very useful. I was considering moogling up Kryla's TMR for him, so he'd have 100% resist for all elements (except dark) and some extra SPR...and LB crysts to Entrust away.

• Options

CGFina
    6* Zarg
    Malphasie
    Friend Malphasie.

M.Ramza is so good.

Oh yeah, it's gonna be a real pain. But for now he's rocking out pretty hard. And even then, he's a damn good provoke/physical cover tank as well so he's still very useful. I was considering moogling up Kryla's TMR for him, so he'd have 100% resist for all elements (except dark) and some extra SPR...and LB crysts to Entrust away.

One main reason I want 1 more Zarg, his STMR is crazy good for M.Ramza. I could get him to 16K HP, 900 Def, 1000 SPR, and 125% to all elements except dark (105%).

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Jesus. I'm doing the story quest and...

I mean, I never liked the Veritas. But Citra is just the worst.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I don't know what happened, but at some point FFBE started loading really, really slowly in Nox. It's not running slowly, but any time it has to connect or load it takes a long time.

The fuck is going on?

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Magus` wrote: »
    I don't know what happened, but at some point FFBE started loading really, really slowly in Nox. It's not running slowly, but any time it has to connect or load it takes a long time.

The fuck is going on?
    No idea. I'm still running Nox 5.0.0.1 because it has been very stable and responsive for me.

edit: For those that were able to get the Reward Wheel every day, you need to click the box to claim your 500 lapis. It auto-resets to 100 after that.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Tossed a ticket at the 7* banner to fulfill the daily quest and got an Aileen. Unfortunately my first Aileen so she's essentially useless, including her TMR. Ah well.

• Options
    A few news items posted. Grim Lord Sakura's enhancements are just damage mod increases so far.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    A few news items posted. Grim Lord Sakura's enhancements are just damage mod increases so far.

It's annoying that they show the update for her 7* in the news, but nothing else about the units or event. The news tells us it's coming, why hide it?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    GLS also gets a boost to her +MAG with fire weapon and +HP with dark weapon passive. Looks like it goes up to 50% MAG with fire and 50% HP with dark, as well as 20% MP for both fire and dark (40% total) and an extra 5% MP auto refresh. And in addition to damage mod boosts, enhancements for Eldritch Flames and Soul Barrage include MP cost reduction.

With the added MP and MP regen, they're setting GLS up to spam her abilities hard. I dig it.

A shame they didn't enhance her MAG TDH ability, but I'll bet that she gets extra MAG TDH for using her TMR. Maybe even extra HP and SPR TDH (which she had, too). Trust ability should also include an LB boost ad her TMR has an auto limit effect.

Zomro on
  • Options
    Yeah we don't know what all she'll get at 7*. The passives update helps with her having to use her TMR. She looks to be more MP sustainable than someone like T.Terra.

Shadowfire wrote: »

It's annoying that they show the update for her 7* in the news, but nothing else about the units or event. The news tells us it's coming, why hide it?

I wouldn't be surprised if they put out the news as it's created at this point. Given how many localization they have to do, they probably get a batch done and release it, then work on the next batch.

• Options
    Also Maintenance starts 3 hours early. It'll be interesting to see if the arena changes come this patch, since they'll probably be updating the app for the Halloween theme. Also will be interesting to see if we get the 400% boost, since it came the same time as the arena changes in JP.

• Options
    Keep in mind for GLSakura enhancements, they may change her attack frames. When they've changed frames in the past it was only found after the datamine.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    The one thing I'm concerned with would be that GLS doesn't currently have chaining partners. Enhancements don't reference hit count changes, so the frames remain the same.

However, that being said, they are releasing two new units apparantly chain with Nyx (and enhanced Yun), so I can definitely see them adding GL units eventually that could chain with GLS, whether it's Eldrictch Flames or Soul Barrage, or preferably both. Might take a while, but GLS might see chaining partners in the future.
    Keep in mind for GLSakura enhancements, they may change her attack frames. When they've changed frames in the past it was only found after the datamine.

That's a good point. I'll wait and see, but I'm not too worried. I like GLS a lot so whether she can chain with others right away or later down the road, I'll still be happy to use her.

Zomro on
This discussion has been closed.