Options

[Fallout] Remember when we said no NPC's or Companions in West Virginia ? Never mind.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Fairchild wrote: »
    I found a teddy bear with a bowler hat. I am now wearing the bowler hat.

They teddy bear was posed like it was playing poker with a corpse and winning.

There's lots of great stuff up on top of those Forest Fire towers.

This was actually in that first town down the road from the overseer's camp at the beginning. I will have to check out the towers.

I'm not sure if you need binoculars for it to pop, but there's a "Survey the area" prompt on the towers that gives you unexplored locations.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    You do not, but I don't think it's at all of them.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    You do not, but I don't think it's at all of them.

I'm pretty sure that it does work on all of the Firewatch towers, walking around the upper deck will trigger a bunch of nearby locations to pop up on your map, whether you equip binoculars or not.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    It’s crazy to me that the thing didn’t launch with the robot creator from 4

Also the carrying capacity is so frustrating. I feel like I’ve emptied everything I possibly can and it’s still basically like 200 at minimum. Even with perks and max stats it feels like it never has any room, unless you go with the excavator power armour. Also I don’t know whether it’s glirches but it feels like every time I look I’ve got a different carrying capacity, even with no diseases and full food and water

The game desperately needs a way to fast switch between perk load outs, since if you want to carry anything decent you have to dedicate like 20 perks to it

PC can fast switch between perks: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout76/mods/124

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

There are no words for the level of jealousy I feel in my soul right now.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    They really need to do something about being kicked out of the mode back to the menu once you finish a NW match.

Already got enough loading and waiting going on already, just put me back in the vault lobby.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    "Scrap 5 deathclaw hides? That should be super simple!"

And that is how I discovered that deathclaws don't drop deathclaw hides. Because why would they?

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    "Scrap 5 deathclaw hides? That should be super simple!"

And that is how I discovered that deathclaws don't drop deathclaw hides. Because why would they?

Go to a fissure. I found deathclaw hides on the dead deathclaws the batmonsters leave lying around.

• Options
    Those are exactly what made me realize I wasn't getting any hides. I looted maybe 10 of them and they had plenty of meat and assorted junk but no hide. There were also a few of them named Traveling Merchant which is an interesting bug to say the least.

It seems they're only dropping as random junk currently.

• Options
    Gotta love grenade launcher in the battle royale.

When you just can't aim for shit with a gampad, just explode everything.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Gotta love grenade launcher in the battle royale.

When you just can't aim for shit with a gampad, just explode everything.

Oh hi. Yes, you called?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Do Scout badges carry over to other characters? I want to try a VATS rifle build which would mean moving a LOT of points around (I'm very STR and INT heavy at the moment) unless I made another character for it, and the idea of doing all the backpack stuff again is...unsettling to say the least.

edit: tested it and nnnnnnnope. Nothing is ever simple.

Strikor on
  • Options
    I abandoned my team....I only had a combat knife, there were three of them coming at us, one of them with power armor..

I had no choice! I had no choice! ;_;

Oh god.
    Worth it. I survived for ten more minutes and placed fifth.

• Options
    Well I ended up making my second character and very clearly confused a dude when I showed up to an Enclave event at level 12 with him. I do miss my marsupial mutation, though. Hopping around just isn't the same without it.

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    There were also a few of them named Traveling Merchant which is an interesting bug to say the least.

It's not a bug. It's a joke.

• Options
    Had a guy start a PVP encounter with me in his base.

I knew his turrets would go off but since I have my character built like a shit brickhouse with nothing but defensive perks, didn't work out for him quite aswell as he thought it would once I popped a med X and went to town on him with a super sledge.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I experienced my first nuke blast! (and then promptly became a mutant from the radiation)
    https://youtu.be/Bq8CRTOpCmk

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Too bad it wasn't the Marsupial mutation. Could save you some work later (though if you don't have Starched Genes you'd probably lose it anyway).

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Fun fact: you can avoid a forced decontamination segment in a certain late-game quest chain by sprinting like a madman to the other end of the chamber before it activates.

Also, if you need easy caps and have a hazmat suit, you can run around the nuked zones grabbing up all the plants to sell to a vendor. It's especially effective with the Green Thumb card (2x harvest) and a run around Whitespring can net you 500+ worth in under 10 minutes.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Fun fact: you can avoid a forced decontamination segment in a certain late-game quest chain by sprinting like a madman to the other end of the chamber before it activates.

Also, if you need easy caps and have a hazmat suit, you can run around the nuked zones grabbing up all the plants to sell to a vendor. It's especially effective with the Green Thumb card (2x harvest) and a run around Whitespring can net you 500+ worth in under 10 minutes.

Where's the easiest place to get a hazmat suit? I looked online and it seems like they're only at high level areas

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

Where's the easiest place to get a hazmat suit? I looked online and it seems like they're only at high level areas

They are in a bunch of places in the Divide.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I think there is one on the roof of the Nuka Cola Factory.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    I got mine at the very top of the Poseidon plant roof. It's a fairly low level area. Start climbing outside and eventually there is a little shack with a locker.

Strikor on
  • Options
    I got mine at the very top of the Poseidon plant roof. It's a fairly low level area. Start climbing outside and eventually there is a little shack with a locker.

Couldn't find it at the Nuka plant but got it easily at Poseiden, thanks! Now to farm some nuke zone plants...

• Options
    Tagging lead for search is very illuminating. Like oh of course baby rattles have lead in them. Wooden blocks? Lead. Paint? Ain't nobody got time for latex.

They took their 1950s setting VERY seriously.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Tagging lead for search is very illuminating. Like oh of course baby rattles have lead in them. Wooden blocks? Lead. Paint? Ain't nobody got time for latex.

They took their 1950s setting VERY seriously.

It kinda makes sense how their whole world went bugshit evil nuts.

• Options
    That American Patriots power armor paint is gorgeous. I really regret spending my atoms on that Mothman bundle now (especially since the smoke machine turned out to be stupid).

• Options
    Looks like we'll be able to switch between standard and power armor hud soon when in a tin suit.

Power armor setup is cool at first but after awhile, I miss the simplicity and visibility of the normal one so this is really good for me.

• Options
    So I saw a method on Reddit for farming the nuke zone monster drops and decided to try it out. It works extremely well!

All you need is a syringer with the bloatfly receiver modification. Then you just need to find a single enemy, shoot it with the syringer, and kill it. It spawns a glowing bloatfly when it dies. Repeat the process on the bloatfly which spawns ANOTHER bloatfly on death and so on. It works best in the more remote areas like the SE corner of the map in the little bog forest because if someone comes along and shoots the bloatfly before you can get the syringer on, you don't get another. The only annoying part is finding the tiny piece of dead fly that you can actually loot but it's much better than fighting people for the occasional ghoul spawn.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    That American Patriots power armor paint is gorgeous.
    Not available for Excavatar tho. :(

Never go anywhere without my saddlebag suit.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Oh I didn't notice. That definitely makes me less sad about missing out on it! Even my non-PA using character keeps a set of Excavator on her at all times just in case. The mining and carry weight bonuses are just too good to pass up, and I should be able to afford calibrated shocks in a day or two.

Strikor on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Found a legendary harpoon gun that can hold up to four shots and is explosive.

Mmm..yes. I can work with this.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Hey you fucking scorched and Super Mutants! Yeah, you stupid fuckers! Stop waking up the godsdamned Scorchbeast!

• Options
    Never thought I would say this about a raider but man, Rose is frickin adorable.

She's suck a dork. I love it.

• Options
    Unsurprisingly, Bethesda really sucks at math. You're supposed to get 90% of vendor sale amounts and the rest poofs into oblivion. Except when you list stacks of items under 10c it flips its shit and results in situations like selling 250 shotgun shells and only getting 35c out of it.

Still better than throwing it all in the trash but come on. (Total sale price * 0.9) and then round that up or down isn't a difficult formula to code.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    I've been trying to do quests at Whitesprings but man those lvl 60+ ghouls really give me a bad time (4 hits to kill me plus much radiation). There's a new patch that specifically makes it easier for lower level players and delevels mobs across the map, but Bethesda delayed it from early July to late/August. Being able to tell what areas are my level is my main frustration with the game, as I end up leaving a death bag with all my loot in the middle of a high level mob area. Anyone have tips on where a lvl 21 player should be going?

EDIT: Just found this level zone map! Assassin's Creed games have spoiled me with their in-game level zone maps
    jpg

Zavian on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Yeah, going along on a quest somewhere and then hitting a level 50 or sowhatever has stalled quests more than once for me.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Whitespring has the added problem of almost always being spawned at max level because people farm the hell out of it for legendaries and high level players build their houses on it.

Strikor on
  • Options
    Whitespring has the added problem of almost always being spawned at max level because people farm the hell out of it for legendaries and high level players build their houses on it.

Also, lots of Nuke Strikes.