As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout] Remember when we said no NPC's or Companions in West Virginia ? Never mind.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Yeah, going along on a quest somewhere and then hitting a level 50 or sowhatever has stalled quests more than once for me.
    Its quite the leap to go from fighting nothing but lvl 10-15 scorched to running into lv50 mutants on regular basis in the divide, isn't it?

Game doesn't fuck around compared to Fallout 4 in a lot of ways. Its still not a hard game but you can feel a lot more pushback against you climbing in power in this one.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Glad I got the level 100 thing done back when you could get 500+ XP from a Nuked Ghoul in Whitespring.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Once you gear up enough levels get a lot fuzzier. A 20+ level difference is much worse at the start. Mostly comes down to individual mob.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Yeppp Encryptid is still the worst event.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I love that Toxic Valley is listed as level 10-25, but the big quest there that drags you all around and to every corner of the valley rewards you with a level 10 weapon.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I think I found my new favorite player CAMP I've wandered on
    https://youtu.be/wLC3Qkpw53w

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I just realized at level 43 I have not been strategizing my SPECIAL stats.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    After what seems like an eternity, almost done with the order of the tadpole quest and about to get my backpack.

Just got to milk this damn brahmin I put up ten times. If it'll ever stop kicking me.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Pacifist mode is fun. A pair of high level players walked into my base and started punching me, but since I had pacifist mode on their damage was shit. They started tossing a bunch of mines down to try and irradiate me, so I stood there and watched one of them nearly die to his or his friend's mines. Then one of them switched to a gamma gun which actually did do a little bit of damage but I have a decontamination arch + healing factor mutation which let me stand there and immediately heal everything with zero cost to me.

I'm guessing they were trying to get me to attack them so they could then destroy my entire house. Is that a thing people do?

• Options
    People being assholes? Of course. But I can't say I've seen that at all and it doesn't seem to be common.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Yeah. I'm not really enjoying the game much for other reasons, but my biggest concern was 'other assholes' and I haven't run into that. I still think private servers are going to be what makes it click for me though.

• Options
    100% rocket turret coverage at your main base prevents a fair few assholes.

Long ago I was minding my own business in my CAMP and some dude fired on me and I turned off pacifist, fired back and watched him getting pelted by 2 roof mounted rocket turrets, I saw his corpse ragdolling into a tree and he didnt bother me anymore after that.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    One time, I was walking along kind of not really paying attention, daydreaming, possibly a little into a bottle... you know how it is. Anyway, I stubbed my toe on a tree root and accidentally fired my gun at some poor guy minding his own business in his camp. Next thing I know, before I could so much as apologize, I was hit by freakin' rockets out of nowhere. Last thing I remember was my body ragdolling into a tree before the world went black.

I laid off the Nukashine after that...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    The stubbing your toe random damage is my favorite part of Fallout 76.
    Best bug

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I always wondered what the hells that was.

• Options
    I have no idea what today's hotfix was actually aimed at but it sure broke some shit. My Mothman effigy is gone without a trace.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    One time, I was walking along kind of not really paying attention, daydreaming, possibly a little into a bottle... you know how it is. Anyway, I stubbed my toe on a tree root and accidentally fired my gun at some poor guy minding his own business in his camp. Next thing I know, before I could so much as apologize, I was hit by freakin' rockets out of nowhere. Last thing I remember was my body ragdolling into a tree before the world went black.

I laid off the Nukashine after that...
    OK, but now tell us what happens to you in the game.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    People being assholes? Of course. But I can't say I've seen that at all and it doesn't seem to be common.

Gotta watch out for those seven year olds; the fallout 76 Reddit is abuzz
    v83v06S.jpg

• Options
    There are some cool excavator skins up on the shop this week. A bit pricey for something I hardly ever see but I couldn't resist grabbing the coal dust skin.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Finally won my second NW match. Having a lv54 and lv70 in the group and us being able to launch a nuke definitely made a difference.

Did my part with a 50 cal and a chameleon mutation while wearing nothing but my undies and a gas mask.

Good times.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    If you choose the "stay on this world" option when your camp can't be placed due to someone else already being there, will it automatically deploy it the next time you're on a server with it available? Or does it just pack everything up and let you place a new one down for free?

• Options
    The Stash limit is just so small. Especially when a lot of stuff I need a bunch of is comparatively heavy. And also Missiles and MiniNukes I will never use are even heavier.

• Options
    They should never have put any weight on ammo.

I’m unsure if they were just oblivious to the stash space issue or just didnt bother to make a real solution, both explanations are pretty damning in a game that since F4 says every single piece of junk is worthwhile picking up.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

I’m unsure if they were just oblivious to the stash space issue or just didnt bother to make a real solution, both explanations are pretty damning in a game that since F4 says every single piece of junk is worthwhile picking up.

One minor change they could make is have personal inventory buffs apply to the stash. As it is, everything just swells when you drop it into the stash box when you have yourself specced out with a variety of weight-saving perks.

• Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    Remembers the 400lb stash limit at launch and shudders.

• Options
    edited July 2019

It's literally what stopped me playing after launch. The game became 90 percent inventory management once you hit the middle of the campaign.

It's better now in that you can keep enough stuff to suit out a player with a specific set of gear (two to four weapons, a single set of armor with maybe a backup piece or two, and a power armor rig) and keep it repaired, but there's not enough space to have a diverse loadout or really go to town in setting up a player store.

Phillishere on
  • Options
    Yeah, I couldn't even play with that. Had to wait for them to double it.

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »

They know, the problem is multiplayer only. Everything has to have a cap or the game won't work eventually. And you have to throw more money at the problem to raise the cap eventually, and I doubt 76 is going to support that.

Hopefully they keep raising it, though.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    I'm not sure the Multiplayer aspect was worth it with the paltry storage space, noticeable lag and just overall bugginess that doesnt mesh well with always online and it feels like this engine is pretty unoptimized for MP.

Not a fan of Gamebryo/Creation Engine/Whatever the fuck they call this thing these days.

Overall I had fun with this game but I couldnt help thinking how much better it could have been if they didnt seem to halfass a lot of the features.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    It was not worth it at all. The game is OK despite the multiplayer not because of it and gains almost nothing from being multiplayer and gains a number of downgrades from it.

• Options
    I liked building CAMP's with my friend and play Coop together.

Showering newbies with shit as they left the Vault could be fun too but yeah there were a lot of downsides to it.

• Options
    Yeah, 76 is a good Fallout game, it's just the multiplayer aspects are not a net benefit.

• Options
    I kind of like how player CAMP vendors are now a thing; it gives more of an incentive to visiting other players, which they just added a month or two ago I think. They're also releasing raids later this year which would incentivize grouping up, but yeah besides seeing random players and them possibly buffing enemies to levels way higher than me, the multiplayer aspect is kind of just there at the moment. Someone randomly coming into my CAMP and complimenting me on it was nice though; the guy that kept loudly burping into his mic at his camp shop not as much

• Options
    Zavian wrote: »
    I kind of like how player CAMP vendors are now a thing; it gives more of an incentive to visiting other players, which they just added a month or two ago I think. They're also releasing raids later this year which would incentivize grouping up, but yeah besides seeing random players and them possibly buffing enemies to levels way higher than me, the multiplayer aspect is kind of just there at the moment. Someone randomly coming into my CAMP and complimenting me on it was nice though; the guy that kept loudly burping into his mic at his camp shop not as much

The vendor system is the single smartest thing they have done. It provides a reason to visit camps, and it has spurred player creativity. More stuff like that - allowing players to enhance each others world - would be nice.

Also doesn’t hurt that it acts as a buffer against the game”s stupid economy. That one cap/one bullet has become standard is an incredible quality of life improvement.

• Options
    You can sell stuff at other people's CAMPS? Whenever I try it doesn't let me.

• Options
    Patch is out! Here are the highlights:
    Power Armor Improvements: We’ve made behind-the-scenes improvements to the Power Armor system to help address lots of bugs. As a result, you may notice your Power Armor pieces have moved into your inventory or Stash.
    Item descriptions get a makeover: The descriptions for Legendary items, item mods, and crafting recipes now display all of their current attributes when viewing these items in menus.
    Nuclear Winter balance changes: As mentioned a few weeks ago, Patch 11 addresses some of the concerns we saw being reported in regard to certain Perks, like Frog Legs.
    Better experiences for new players: We’ve made several changes to help new players ease into the challenges of the Wasteland during the early hours of the game. These adjustments should make stepping out of Vault 76 a breath of fresh air.
    Delicious libations: Patch 11 marks the return of the Punch Bowl. PARTY AT YOUR C.A.M.P.!
    Full list of changes

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Liberty Prime Power Armor skins with voiced lines.

Niice.

*looks at low atoms*

...fuck.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Liberty Prime Power Armor skins with voiced lines.

Niice.

*looks at low atoms*

...fuck.

"Democracy is..... non-negotiable."

• Options
    You can get a bit of an atom boost if you focus on doing combat challenges. They're worth 40-80 each and a lot of them are "kill 76 Scorched with X weapon type". There are a lot of low level scorched in Sutton, Morgantown, and Poseidon.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Strikor wrote: »
    You can get a bit of an atom boost if you focus on doing combat challenges. They're worth 40-80 each and a lot of them are "kill 76 Scorched with X weapon type". There are a lot of low level scorched in Sutton, Morgantown, and Poseidon.
    Already did most of those (its how I got my bone excavator skin and wasteland trapper set), now I'm down to the ridiculous "kill 10100176 robots with this kind of weapon" challenges.

Dr. Chaos on