Options

[Fallout] Remember when we said no NPC's or Companions in West Virginia ? Never mind.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    After going through the main story part involving Top Of The World, I definitely understand the temptation to drop one right on top of that place.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Ok so picking locks of even like environment safes will get you a wanted if they’re at a location owned by a player apparently? It wasn’t a safe built by the player, just part of the workshop location he had claimed

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Ok so picking locks of even like environment safes will get you a wanted if they’re at a location owned by a player apparently? It wasn’t a safe built by the player, just part of the workshop location he had claimed

If I remember rightly (and it’s been a while), claimed workshop stuff counts as player-owned for the duration of their claim...

• Options
    Tadpole stuff is no joke. Just getting the initial backpack was a huge hassle and then there is a whole bunch more just to upgrade it.

Alternatively I could just learn to stop vacuuming up all the loot in sight but...no.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    It kind of sucks, but Fallout: Frontier one of the last megamod expansions for New Vegas has been silent for the last year. I hope the assets get released at the minimum, there was so much good work put into that.

So par for the course for those things. Alas.
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I got my first nuke warning. It did not land where I was at.

Open the map and you'll see a big red circle somewhere. Normally in the southeast corner, but can be anywhere just about other than Vault 76.

The California mod was successfully released, formerly Project Brazil, and I've heard its amazing. Once I finish my Witcher run, I'd like to check it out.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I am still not sure how I have one more Luck point than I do Perk Card points available.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    We really need some sort of way to display power armor or store it seperately.

I love collecting the different armor pieces but man do they start to take a good chunk up of your stash.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    You can store them on frames which won't add to the weight of the frame, but then you're stuck with a bunch of frames you can't tell apart in your stash. I ended up limiting myself to one set of Excavator and one T-60. It's a shame because I loved using full suits of power armor as decorations in 4. In general some dummies you could dress up would be great.

• Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I am still not sure how I have one more Luck point than I do Perk Card points available.

A dumb feature of the perk card system is if you select a special stat, then while picking perk cards you change to a different stat (say, selecting luck then choosing an agility card) you get +1 to the stat you selected and a card in another, which is what I'd wager happened to you here. I ended up with 15 points in Int for a similar reason.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019

A dumb feature of the perk card system is if you select a special stat, then while picking perk cards you change to a different stat (say, selecting luck then choosing an agility card) you get +1 to the stat you selected and a card in another, which is what I'd wager happened to you here. I ended up with 15 points in Int for a similar reason.

I just need my hacking and weapon crafting, so a bunch of my points are going into int.

Edit: also, that isn't a bad system, they just need to explain it better.

Also, respeccing sounds like it will be awful when I get that far.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    They just need to make it clearer you can choose different stat required cards. Mainly by improving the UI as usual.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

How is that a dumb feature?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options

How is that a dumb feature?

It's not so much dumb as poorly explained.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Nobody buried the dead. Dead people everywhere. Did something else happen again that wiped everyone out at once?

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Nobody buried the dead. Dead people everywhere. Did something else happen again that wiped everyone out at once?

I think they were too busy fighting off and/or running from the Scorched.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Yeah. I got killed by a roaming pack of scorched. I also walked right into that town taken over by them.

• Options
    Is there a common consensus regarding legendary gambling? Specifically if it's better to go for 3-star weapons because more effects = more chance for good effects vs going for 1-stars so you have a better chance to get a decent base weapon rather than a 3-star rolling pin?

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Damn, some of these player homes are really nice.

Really makes me feel bad about my shack in the middle of nowhere but not planning to do any serious home building until I can make my way to and settle down in the Mire.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    I wish the homes would obey physics.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    They're still running some form of Havoc, so...
    no, no you don't.

• Options
    Levitating houses are too unrealistic.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    You'd rather have ones where you walk in the door, maybe touch something sitting on a table, and everything explodes?

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Holy crap at that new Excavator skin.

Love what they're doing with the power armor designs in this one. I love a good rugged set like Ashur's from Fallout 3.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Okay the swamp is absolutely terrifying at night. It was pitch black and I saw some radtoads glowing in the night, so I shot them with my .50 and went closer to loot. It turns out a player had built a little secret swamp shack around a junk spawn and had an extractor on it. Then a level 80 Diseased Scorchbeast attacked and I couldn't see the damn thing through all the tree cover. During the fight I managed to fall about 30ft into some sort of radtoad nest but survived thanks to my Excavator Suit.

Also, workshops are great. At least until you get randomly disconnected. Free fast travel and the power plants spit out fusion cores at a surprisingly good rate. Now I know how people can afford to use gatling lasers.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    If they ever add beast taming or especially Automatron, I am never going to stop playing this game.

Giant toad or sloth buddy would complete me.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Beast taming is a thing already but it's wonky. I've read reports of tames dying while bases load because...well, you know. It just works.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    Beast taming is a thing already but it's wonky. I've read reports of tames dying while bases load because...well, you know. It just works.
    I was more thinking as proper companions.

Not that having mutated guard dogs isn't cool.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    It’s crazy to me that the thing didn’t launch with the robot creator from 4

Also the carrying capacity is so frustrating. I feel like I’ve emptied everything I possibly can and it’s still basically like 200 at minimum. Even with perks and max stats it feels like it never has any room, unless you go with the excavator power armour. Also I don’t know whether it’s glirches but it feels like every time I look I’ve got a different carrying capacity, even with no diseases and full food and water

The game desperately needs a way to fast switch between perk load outs, since if you want to carry anything decent you have to dedicate like 20 perks to it

Prohass on
  • Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    It’s crazy to me that the thing didn’t launch with the robot creator from 4

Also the carrying capacity is so frustrating. I feel like I’ve emptied everything I possibly can and it’s still basically like 200 at minimum. Even with perks and max stats it feels like it never has any room, unless you go with the excavator power armour. Also I don’t know whether it’s glirches but it feels like every time I look I’ve got a different carrying capacity, even with no diseases and full food and water

The game desperately needs a way to fast switch between perk load outs, since if you want to carry anything decent you have to dedicate like 20 perks to it

Gunpowder, explosives and a huge amount of stims and nukas are what got me.

Of course, the stim problem is fixed now, so shrug.emoji.

• Options
    Ok gunpowder haven’t checked that in a while. And yeah missiles and the grenade launcher ammo is like cursed loot

• Options
    So the sidequest I was on from Priblo's curios is just gone.

• Options
    Yeah gunpowder is heavy and lives in the seldom looked at (for me, at least) misc tab, and doesn't get deposited with the rest of your junk. Raw ore lives there too. Also everything's weight has been retuned from 4 to be more "balanced". Stimpacks are very heavy in this one compared to 4, because screw you for needing to carry healing items, apparently.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Yeah gunpowder is heavy and lives in the seldom looked at (for me, at least) misc tab, and doesn't get deposited with the rest of your junk. Raw ore lives there too. Also everything's weight has been retuned from 4 to be more "balanced". Stimpacks are very heavy in this one compared to 4, because screw you for needing to carry healing items, apparently.

Been playing again after a long absence, and I think the player vendors have helped a lot in easing the worst restrictions of the economy. The game wants you to run light (or boost perks to favor carrying capacity), but the stash limit, weapon and armor weight, constant need for weapon and armor repair, and the weirdly restrictive vendor system makes it hard to juggle inventory effectively. Being able to buy ammo and stimpacks for cheap at player stores has really reduced the amount of time I needed to worry about inventory and buying/selling in the stations.

• Options
    I found a teddy bear with a bowler hat. I am now wearing the bowler hat.

• Options
    Things being heavy is probably so players will burn card slots on weight reduction. Fusion cores will always live in my inventory now because they are only 0.3 there vs 3.0 in the stash.

I do wish I could donate the pack rat card to the stash.

• Options

They teddy bear was posed like it was playing poker with a corpse and winning.

• Options

Corpses are notoriously bad at poker.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular

There's lots of great stuff up on top of those Forest Fire towers.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »

The Halloween tower is my favorite.

• Options
    Fairchild wrote: »

This was actually in that first town down the road from the overseer's camp at the beginning. I will have to check out the towers.